Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's easy to belittle views you disagree with when you consider them in the least coherent way possible.

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jafomofo View Post
    your problem isnt that you dont understand liberals, its that you think you know what you are talking about and you don't. you probably read a news article or saw some **** on facebook and immediately drew your conclusions without delving into the issue at all. Your personal preferences color your position on this and every issue that comes up which is normal and after a while, you like most people, are assured that you know how it all works and whats going on here so you don't really need to look into the details of an issue, you just follow along with the pack that you have aligned with and get outraged or behave dismissively about whatever is going on without having to actually understand the core issue and the events surrounding it.
    bingo
    ChemE in education, SoftwareE in job

Live slow, Die whenever SLOTH LIFE

Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fiyero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by InstantLoser View Post
    I wasn't aware they had any. The only things they seem to believe strongly in are the absolute opposite of common sense and traditional values. No.. it's the flaming box for the lot of 'em.
    And you're basing this on what? What traditional values would those be and who gets to define them?

ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    they fear facts. they are immune to them.

leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) leafs43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Libs are the scum of the Earth.

kein mitleid fr mehrheit Stizzel's Avatar
    Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How liberals destroy the poor

Howard Stern crew
    Eric the midget crew
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit

mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    libs r doodyheads

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InstantLoser View Post
    If a business doesn't believe in gay marriage because of their religion then they shouldn't be forced to cater to one. Freedom of religion. It's in the Constitution.
    the bill of rights protects you from the government, the indiana law had nothing to do with governmental persecution. It was a law limiting the ability of private citizens to bring suit against other private citizens without the government being party to the suit. derp derp derp.
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000) dickdicky is a complete loser! (-2000)
    who cares about politics when u have abs like mine?

fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jafomofo View Post
    Your problem isnt that you dont understand liberals, its that you think you know what you are talking about and you don't. You probably read a news article or saw some **** on facebook and immediately drew your conclusions without delving into the issue at all. Your personal preferences color your position on this and every issue that comes up which is normal and after a while, you like most people, are assured that you know how it all works and whats going on here so you don't really need to look into the details of an issue, you just follow along with the pack that you have aligned with and get outraged or behave dismissively about whatever is going on without having to actually understand the core issue and the events surrounding it. Then you pass off a pronouncement like 'I just don't understand liberals, why can't they think like me, I'm actually a libertarian', and you look foolish and are mostly ignored and continue on in your unaffected and ignorant little world.

If you were a libertarian, which you aren't, you would have been suspicious and unhappy about the government needlessly giving a leg up to people who want to hide behind religion to defend themselves in civil suits. Before this law it was 2 private parties and the law came down and sided with the defense in an almost unassaiable way. Why would a libertarian support that?
    I'm a political science major on the prelaw track. I wouldn't say that I'm completely ignorant to the issues at hand, by any means. In fact, I'm pretty fantastic in my studies, if I do say so myself. Merely judging from the fact that you can't pose an argument without bringing blatant personal degradation of character comments into the mix tells me something. My original post wasn't exactly a research-based masterpiece, but it was meant to promote discussion, which it did fairly well. The problem is that you're seemingly liberal, or lean that way, and I have offended you by my blanket statement. It was simply a hook. The headline wouldn't seem so interesting if I phrased it differently.

I don't fully understand your argument though. Why would a libertarian disagree with the government not intervening on private affairs? A libertarian would advocate for the private person and business to do as they please and let things happen naturally. Usually, bad decisions have bad repercussions. I personally think it was absolutely moronic for these businesses to deny customers based on their sexual orientation, but it was a little bit more than that. It had more to do with partaking in a ceremony that directly went against the proprietor's belief system. As an extreme example, a devout Christian owning a catering company would also be against catering a satanic ritual (speaking in the religious sense, not the common stigma associated with satanists). That makes sense, does it not? If the satanist filed a civil suit against the company, what would be your response then? A libertarian would side with the defense, every time. I mean, the philosophical definition of somebody considered a libertarian would be somebody that advocates for free will, not the government intervening every time somebody is offended.

Originally Posted by Tharsos View Post
    It's easy to belittle views you disagree with when you consider them in the least coherent way possible.
    I'd say it was pretty coherent, or at least pretty far from "the least coherent way possible". Lol
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie

Norwegian Viking descendant of the Gods

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

***Life goal is to get repped by NYCLegend21 crew*** COMPLETE!!!!!

The Misc's Chris Christie HumptyBrah's Avatar
    HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HumptyBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rhythm825 View Post
    As a country I'd say we are socially "liberal"

We're pretty fuking conservative for a western nation
    I shiit on miscers, that's why I post with a diaper on

Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tharsos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fightnak3d View Post
    I'd say it was pretty coherent, or at least pretty far from "the least coherent way possible". Lol
    I meant that you seem to have constructed your view of what a liberal is in such a way that holding those views isn't coherent. I did not mean the argument itself wasn't coherent. I worded it poorly/ambiguously.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I work in an environment that is 99% Republican. Notice I don't say conservative because they're not conservative, they're Republican. The belief aligns with the party at all costs. They say they want smaller government but then if the Republicans grow the government, they support it. **** like that every single day.

I never thought I'd dislike people more than I disliked Republicans until I started getting to know Democrats. Notice I don't say liberal, I say Democrats. There is no forward thinking ideals of freedom with Democrats, just nanny state control to the point where some random baker who doesn't want to cater a gay wedding gets death threats. I've gotten to the point where I hate Democrats more than I hate Republicans and that's saying something.

Considering there will ALWAYS be 40% of the population that supports Democrats and about 35% that supports Republicans, it turns out I hate about 75% of the US population. It sucks to think this way but I don't have a choice. If you want to tell me how to live and want to ban things I might agree with, I hope you fall of a building and break both femurs while bleeding out. (super serious)

Temporarily not banned Anondragon2012's Avatar
    Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100) Anondragon2012 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    I work in an environment that is 99% Republican. Notice I don't say conservative because they're not conservative, they're Republican. The belief aligns with the party at all costs. They say they want smaller government but then if the Republicans grow the government, they support it. **** like that every single day.

I never thought I'd dislike people more than I disliked Republicans until I started getting to know Democrats. Notice I don't say liberal, I say Democrats. There is no forward thinking ideals of freedom with Democrats, just nanny state control to the point where some random baker who doesn't want to cater a gay wedding gets death threats. I've gotten to the point where I hate Democrats more than I hate Republicans and that's saying something.

Considering there will ALWAYS be 40% of the population that supports Democrats and about 35% that supports Republicans, it turns out I hate about 75% of the US population. It sucks to think this way but I don't have a choice. If you want to tell me how to live and want to ban things I might agree with, I hope you fall of a building and break both femurs while bleeding out. (super serious)
    Welcome to mainstream parties.
    None of them rly help society. Same BS in Europe except IMO we have more freedom in our electoral choices.

WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterpoloBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It appears to me that liberals are usually people that come from broken homes, or come from uncultured families where work ethic, general awareness of the world, and other values that are necessary to be a functioning adult, were not instilled in them. It's always easier to complain about things than to act to better yourself after all.
    Русский Бра
    STEM Crew
    52 books 52 weeks
    23/10/15 Detached Pec never forget
    335 Bench / 440 Squat / 525 Deadlift
    Sambo Crew

BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But conservatives never contradict themselves right?

BRB we want to limit state power, but let the state put its citizens to death
    BRB we want to limit state power, but let the state choose what we can or cannot put into our own bodies
    BRB hate poor and uneducated people, but ban abortion so there are far more poor and uneducated people
    BRB constitution declares a separation of church and state, but lets make laws based on what the Bible says

US conservatives are a laughing stock

fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BrocepCurls View Post
    But conservatives never contradict themselves right?

BRB we want to limit state power, but let the state put its citizens to death
    BRB we want to limit state power, but let the state choose what we can or cannot put into our own bodies
    BRB hate poor and uneducated people, but ban abortion so there are far more poor and uneducated people
    BRB constitution declares a separation of church and state, but lets make laws based on what the Bible says

US conservatives are a laughing stock
    Conservatives don't necessarily believe in a totally hands-off government. That's where you're mistaken. They just have different outlooks on how and when the government should intervene compared to their liberal counterparts. And saying conservatives "hate poor and uneducated people" sounds like you aren't from around here, to be honest. Or you watch too much CNN.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie

Norwegian Viking descendant of the Gods

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

***Life goal is to get repped by NYCLegend21 crew*** COMPLETE!!!!!