PatN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RFL Diet - 6 Weeks

Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight: 185.6 - 18-20% BF - CAT 2
    Workouts: Full Body - Twice a week.
    Meals - Protein Shakes, Salads, Chicken, Beef Jerky, Venison Jerky, Turkey Breast. (Fish Oil and Multi's)
    Re-feed: My typical re-feed is anywhere from 4k to 6k calories, whatever looks good at my workplace's buffet.
    Timeline: 6 Weeks

Goal: I did a Ketogenic diet a couple of years ago, lost around 70 pounds. I stopped short of my overall goal, started to bulk, and gained a tremendous amount of strength. I'm now trying to lose the rest of the weight to reach my initial goal. I've hovered in the 180-190 range for nearly two years.

Last May I had success with the diet, over the course of three weeks I dropped quite a bit of weight, but I regained almost all of it after another summer "bulk."

I'm already four weeks into the diet, I was down to 169.2 today. The first two weeks consisted of me drinking quite a bit of alcohol and not following the diet strictly enough, but I'm still counting them. The last two weeks I've re-evaluated my goals and I've been strict; I've noticed huge losses over the last couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if I'll do daily updates, I'll try my best. But today I felt like complete ****, diarrhea all night, and just an overall lethargic feeling (not even remotely hungry). This is the first time I've experienced such an energy loss on this diet. Fortunately, tomorrow is my re-feed/cheat day, I hope I'm in the mood to eat.

I'll add that I walk my dog 3-4 times a week, anywhere from two to three miles. I'm obviously going to be cutting back on that if I continue to feel this lethargic.

I'm pounding water today, just trying to keep the fluids in me.

4/3/15 - I feel great today. I was told by a few people that a stomach bug was going around, I must have caught it. I didn't eat much last night; I forced myself to eat some venison jerky, beef jerky, and a protein shake. But I really wasn't going to be able to eat much else.

Weight: 171 - The gain was expected after all the ****ting I did yesterday. Glad that I was able to keep fluids in me.

Food:
    I was pretty pumped for today, my work place has phenomenal food. First thing this morning I ate a bagel with PB&J and a Chocolate Milk. Ate a slice of Supreme Pizza for a pre-lunch meal. Just finished eating a Chicken Fajita, extra crispy fries, and a rice crispy. Depending on how I'm feeling, I might end up eating some ice-cream a bit later, we'll see.

I assume I'm hovering around 3800-4200 calories for the day. I can't wait for the gym tonight, last Friday was one of the best workouts of my life, I'm hoping for the same tonight. There's something about this diet, the pump you get physically and psychologically, after a "refeed" day that is indescribable.

I'll probably end up going for a nice walk later tonight too, assuming I'm feeling alright. We'll see how the gym goes.

Quick update, weighed in at 174 after my post-workout shake today. I had a 12 pound shift last Friday(most was gone after my Monday workout), so I was quite surprised that I was only three pounds heavier.

I felt great at the gym, no issues with any lifts. I'll be doing leg day tomorrow, I don't expect any issues.

I know I said I do full body twice a week, but DLs take quite a bit out of you on such a huge deficit, so I rotate DLs in every other week. Weeks with Deads mean Legs the next day. Its worked well for me, so I've stuck with it.

4/4/2015 - Easter "Dinner" at my father's house. I ended up eating some Beef Jerky, Chicken Wing Dip with Cucumbers, Veggies with Ranch, and a few Turkey/Cheese Wraps. I ate an entire pack of Cinnamon Trident Gum too. I was probably around 1700 calories for the day, still a deficit. Stopped at a buddies, he was having people over to watch the game (ended up being a pretty large party - I crushed a few people in pool), I fried up some venison loin(Mushrooms, Peppers, and Onions).. Probably added another 500 calories to the day.

4/5/2015 - Protein shake, beef jerky, and some venison jerky.

4/6/2015 - Weighed in at 171.6 this morning, gym tonight. Monday workouts are hell for me, I'm normally so depleted it's difficult to get all my reps in.

r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50) r0wie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ouch man, I thought RFL could only be 2 weeks? Good luck
    20 weeks to achieve my goal by August 7th 2015
    Lose fat, stay strong and healthy in my body and mind
    My progress log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166996791

MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJLynch90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You cant do this for 6 weeks at your weight! 2 weeks at cat 2.

"Category 2 dieters may diet somewhere between 6-12 weeks or so before going on a full
    diet break. Shorter dieting spans are also acceptable but only if weight/fat regain is avoided
    during the diet break. The same guidelines for free meals, one or two per week applies from
    Chapter 10. Category 2 dieters may consider a structured refeed of 1 full day roughly every
    10-14 days although some of that will depend on training intensity, volume and
    frequency."

That's directly from the book.

Are there any particular reasons, other than LBM LOSS, that I should be concerned with?
    I haven't had any strength loss. Yesterday, strangely enough, was a phenomenal workout.. I wasn't dogging at all, in comparison to the previous two Mondays. I'm wondering if I'm finally starting to utilize Ketones better?

Originally Posted by r0wie View Post
    Ouch man, I thought RFL could only be 2 weeks? Good luck
    It's not that bad actually, people are just mentally weak. I haven't had any issues following the diet. I've noticed a lot of people who have issues with this diet simply don't keep themselves busy enough.

I'll throw in that Cinnamon Flavored Gum has been my savior, I chew gum constantly on this diet.
    Last edited by PatN; 04-07-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Update

Quick Update -- I completed the diet, achieved my goal, and bulked. Looking to do another session to be honest; I never felt better after a diet. I'm sitting around 203 after a three and a half month bulk, looking to cut about 20-25 pounds or so.

The results were fantastic.

I'll update more this time around, wish me luck!