Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dibba9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never considered myself a morning person. I usually went to the gym at 10am. Coming home from an overseas trip I was jet lagged so I was awake at 4am so I just decided to go to the gym. That was 6 weeks ago, and I have been in the gym 5x a week between 430-530am.

As others have said its best to prepare your stuff at night. I have little kids, so I pack my gym bag the night before so I dont wake the family. Alarm goes off grab my bag and walk the 10 minutes to my gym. This usually wakes me up, but I also stop by the 7/11 next to the gym for 2 bottle of baccus(its korean version of Redbull) an I am good to go.

The only problems I face are when I am out with clients at night. I really try to schedule for Wed and Fri nights as Thur and Sat are my rest days.

Other then that I am starting to like it. I enjoy the quietness of the gym, the feeling of having accomplished something before most people are even awake and also I have noticed that my sleep is better. I get the kids down around 8(in a perfect world) and I am usually asleep by 10pm where as bf I tossed and turned until 2-3am.

machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to train at 5am everyday, but have found that I get better workouts in the afternoon. I'm so stiff in my lower back and shoulders first thing in the morning I just feel like its inviting injury. Takes forever to get warmed up at 5am.

tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I work out a 4am. I have to be on duty by 6am and afternoon or evening workouts just don't work for me.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm a 5:30am guy. Currently I'm getting up at 4:30am and it takes me an hour to get my pre-workout and a good amount of water in me. I feel dehydrated in the mornings, so it's hard for me to go right to the gym and overcome that mental block. The gym is only 0.2 miles from my house.

I do it because my afternoons and evenings are completely unpredictable. I have a baby and wife, but I also have clients and company executives that I need to go out and drink with at night occasionally (and unpredictably at times). Once I've nailed a morning workout, it's over, no more crying in a beer thinking about how I should be doing deadlifts. I don't socialize in the gym, but I love seeing the same people early in the morning, knowing they take their workouts seriously. I don't think I've ever seen someone who was clueless or goofing around/talking too much at 5:30am like when I lift later in the day.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bill57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    POKER ????? Now you have me drooling........lol

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    0530 crew

synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) synta7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking about it, since my gym closed, and I'm getting sick of getting home 630-7 every night I work out (and on nights I don't work out I have other things going on).

Already get up at 445-5 some days. Might make a switch and get up at 345. Love the morning coffee, darkness, quietness, and open roads. Gym only has street parking too, and is on the other side of downtown from where I work.

beautyandbrawn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beautyandbrawn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You will disrupt your normal sleeping patterns and it wil screw you up for a few days. But you should be getting used to it as time goes on. It's a habit. And it needs to be learned. Simple.

Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000) Chut26 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I normally wake up at 5am anyways for work. Starting next week I am going to wake up at 4am to hit up the gym for an hour.

BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm usually one of the first through the doors at 5am - easy to do once you're used to it. I've always been a morning person so getting up early has never bothered me. I know getting up early means one of 3 things - I'm either going to the gym, I'm going fishing or I'm going to do some landscape photography!! The 3 things I love to do most.
    Cheers,
    Bill K

Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There when it opens

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    between 530 and 6, if I go in the morning. Its harder to do in the winter, easier in the summer. I have to have 1-2 cups of coffee, breakfast-including protein drink, hydrate, have a #2, drive across town. Get out of bed at 415-430 to make this happen. I start work at 8

Early morning work out pros; squat rack is probably free, ,more equipment is available, more room to skip rope, open up my evening for other activities, less people to witness my pathetic reps.

Early morning cons; feel a little rushed, I feel that being dehydrated is not good for joints...from heavy lifts. On dead lift or squat day I am a little "dopey" at work for an hour or two...less productive.

Location: cheshire, warington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    johnpercival80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6am for me, i wake up at 5.45 have 2 scoops of blended oats with water and go, when i first started i struggled slightly energy wise, but after a couple of weeks my body had adapted and I'm now fine

badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been used to getting things done early so I have the rest of my day to play. I have a gym in my living room now. so anytime can be gym time regardless of what time it is, who's on the equipment, or what ever lame excuse I might get in me.
    North Side Tac Jump Out Boys *1
    No, you cant call yo moma !

Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Joog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Usually start working out at 4:30am
    With the kids (7, 5, 4 mths) and wife missing me at dinner time, I decided to change from evening workouts, to mornings about 6 months ago.

3:55am alarm, a quick protein drink and pre workout (non-caffiene) then 2 no doze and I'm wide awake.
    Usually home by 6am to have a big breakfast and get ready for work.

It's working well ATM, dunno if I'll ever go back to evenings.
    Feels great to get the workout out of the way before the day starts...and if I have a sh*t day at work, it doesn't affect the workouts.
    Last edited by Joog; 12-22-2016 at 05:23 AM.
    Brick by brick
    "Never let the weeds get higher than the garden, always keep a diamond in your mind"

dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbkyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    New to lifting but early am has been working for me.
    5:00 Alarm, turn on heater in garage.
    5:05 Pack Lunch
    5:20 First cup of coffee
    5;45 Garage gym workout
    6:45 Second cup of coffee.

OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I have my daughter, every other week, I'll go in when the gym opens at 5am so that I can spend time with her in the evening.

The only problem for me in the morning is I always feel rushed when I'm lifting because I know I still have to get back home, eat, shower, wake my daughter up, get her ready and be out the door by 7. Also I realized I'm not as strong in the morning.

Although a morning workout does feel good. If I could, I'd work out around 7am every day. Gym still isn't busy and I can get a nice work out in.
    Dave

Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kosmological will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll feel odd until you get in the gym and start lifting weights. I used to go around 5am to convince some friends to workout back in the day. I had the keys to the local gym and the friends I took in the morning were pretty self conscious about their strength or weight. So I gave them a 5am option to get into a comfortable level of strength to workout around other friends. But once you get up and get going, it'll feel like a regular gym day.