fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Concealed carry - Favorite carry, holster, position?

Just seeing what people's preferences are. I currently carry a S&W M&P Shield .40, with a blackhawk holster if OWB and a standard leather holster IWB, at about 4 o'clock. I sometimes carry my Ruger SR40, if I'm feeling adventurous. Lol

I do have a specific question though. I currently work as the head of security at a nightclub in the biggest city in my state. The demographic isn't too bad, but I've been held at gunpoint twice in the five years I've worked downtown and have had multiple knives pulled out on me. I also tend to make a lot of enemies. It's pretty crazy how often I'll deny somebody entry, and they'll be waiting outside the club with four of their friends. There are shootings every night downtown, and there was a drive-by shooting two weeks ago outside of the club at about 4 am. So I've recently started carrying my weapon on me while working, just in case. It's mostly for walking back to my truck after work (about four blocks). I've been thinking about an ankle holster, though. Especially with the warmer weather coming up, it's going to be hard to conceal my .40 entirely so that patrons don't see it. Plus, an ankle holster would be more secure than my IWB holster, if I need to defend myself in a fight or a fight goes to the ground. Any recommendations or ideas?
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie

Norwegian Viking descendant of the Gods

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

***Life goal is to get repped by NYCLegend21 crew*** COMPLETE!!!!!

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not a fan of ankle holsters. Feels like it would take forever to take out. I'm using a pancake holster atm for my G19 till weather gets warmer than switch over to in the pants. Usually right hip with pancake or behind back with inside.
    That size looks natty obtainable

Did he? Likely not
    Can you? Probaply not either
    -Madfury

fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
    Not a fan of ankle holsters. Feels like it would take forever to take out. I'm using a pancake holster atm for my G19 till weather gets warmer than switch over to in the pants. Usually right hip with pancake or behind back with inside.
    Pancake holster would be fine considering I'm still wearing my jacket up here, but I do take my jacket off when chit's about to hit the fan. It's a nice jacket, don't want it getting ruined.

Do you have any experience with an ankle holster? I'd probably wear the ankle holster while I was working, and I'd take the weapon out and stuff it in my pants without a holster for the walk home, or keep it in my pocket. For quicker access. I'm not worried about drawing the weapon while working, so it wouldn't bother me having a slower pull time due to the ankle holster.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like IWB, 4 o clock and a holster with kydex cover and leather inside. G19 is my usual EDC. A extra mag pouch on the opposite side as well.
    For every man, there is a sentence, a string of words, that has the power to destroy him
    "The strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must" -Thucydides
    Shall not be Infringed. MFC. HTC. FUK CHINA.

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Carry a variety of Glocks (23, 30, 26, 34). Holsters are Comp-Tac CTAC IWB at 4 o'clock in the summer, or Desantis Mini-slide OWB at 3 o'clock in the winter.

If Texas actually passes open carry, I have Tucker HF1 ready to go.

Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.Goodtimes is just really nice. (+1000)
    G19, appendix carry in a JM Custom Kydex appendix holster.

J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Open carry op, srs.

Don't go ankle holster though. Takes forever to get to and 9/10 you will cover yourself on the draw.

Also, 10 bucks says you gotta take your eye off your target to get to it.

I conceal an m&p shield in 9mm or an OD glock 19 open or concealed depending on what I'm doing.
    NASM CPT

RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaptorDisaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never ankle carried, but that seems purely a backup type thing. That's like when people carry without a round in the chamber, what happens if you can only use one hand or you're in an awkward position on the ground? Same applies to an ankle carry (at least in my mind).

I've only open carried on my chest (military) and concealed in waist band as a civilian. I have an M&P Shield and I've yet to find a holster I really like. I started with a sticky after my friend recommended it but I just can't do without a clip of some sort. I have an Elite nylon holster right now and it's ok but doesn't feel 100% secure. I would like a nice molded holster specifically made for whatever I carry but they're so expensive.

I also have a hard time concealing in general. Being lean and living in FL where its hot and humid all the time doesn't mix well with carrying.

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been carrying S&W 642 (I like revolvers) in an Alien Gear IWB.

poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    G19 in a StealthGear IWB

poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) poisyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also lol'd at OP justifying his job as a bouncer

"I currently work as the head of security at a nightclub in the biggest city in my state."

Strong career lmao

Originally Posted by poisyn View Post
    Also lol'd at OP justifying his job as a bouncer

"I currently work as the head of security at a nightclub in the biggest city in my state."

Strong career lmao
    Apparently I should have added that I am a student at the University of Minnesota Law School. So you know... There's that. No point in personally insulting somebody that you have never had a conversation with, don't know personally and had no reason to insult.

Tips for life: Don't be so insecure and don't be a dickhead. Pretty simple. Those two tips will get you places.

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

Originally Posted by RaptorDisaster View Post
    I've never ankle carried, but that seems purely a backup type thing. That's like when people carry without a round in the chamber, what happens if you can only use one hand or you're in an awkward position on the ground? Same applies to an ankle carry (at least in my mind).

I've only open carried on my chest (military) and concealed in waist band as a civilian. I have an M&P Shield and I've yet to find a holster I really like. I started with a sticky after my friend recommended it but I just can't do without a clip of some sort. I have an Elite nylon holster right now and it's ok but doesn't feel 100% secure. I would like a nice molded holster specifically made for whatever I carry but they're so expensive.

I also have a hard time concealing in general. Being lean and living in FL where its hot and humid all the time doesn't mix well with carrying.
    Since I posted this thread, I bought a sticky ankle holster for my M&P Shield 40. I've been using it while working (I have to wear dress pants, so it works well) and I've been happy with it. I was uneasy about it at first... Kind of like when you first start carrying concealed and you have to keep checking it with your hand. But it turned out alright. I wear 9 inch boots and it rests on top perfectly. I tried using the ankle holster without boots and it doesn't work as well. Some people say they like to run with their sticky holsters but that must be a smaller handgun, because running without boots would be difficult. It'd eventually get loose or slide down enough that it's uncomfortable. So overall, the ankle holster works well for working at the door. I had to bring a guy down last weekend and although I was being mindful about my firearm (and my other security know that I carry, so they helped), it stayed snug and secure.

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PepperedAngus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    I like IWB, 4 o clock and a holster with kydex cover and leather inside. G19 is my EDC. A extra mag pouch on the opposite side as well.
    Edit: CCW denied. All the EDC equipment seems to be a waste for me to own now. Thanks California. Oh well, the classes were fun.
    For every man, there is a sentence, a string of words, that has the power to destroy him
    "The strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must" -Thucydides
    Shall not be Infringed. MFC. HTC. FUK CHINA.

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sticky holster, appendix carry. More accessible, more concealable. Most people don't take more than a glance at a guy's groin area so even if you have a bulge (no homo) it will hardly be noticeable. Harder for someone to grab it off of you as well.

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Edit: CCW denied. All the EDC equipment seems to be a waste for me to own now. Thanks California. Oh well, the classes were fun.
    Some argue that getting ccw permit is more of a liability than it is worth. I'm debating about getting mine.

MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MVHagey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    Some argue that getting ccw permit is more of a liability than it is worth. I'm debating about getting mine.
    Why? And who argues this?

Originally Posted by MVHagey View Post
    Why? And who argues this?
    I don't know names, just talk. The logic is that the less the government knows about your person the better. Think about it. Chances are government is not going to become less intrusive but rather more intrusive. That's just the nature of politics.