speniboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MID BACK / LATS / SHOULDERS, routine ok?

I'm a beginner, 4 months into training, and was doing alternate upper body and lower body days until now, but I'm now finding I need longer rests, so have split my routine into 3 days.

Day 1 is mid back / Lats / Shoulders

I think I've got an OK routine, but any advice is appreciated. I have lower back problems from the past, so try to stay clear of lifting heavy weights whilst bent over, and shrugs.

I'm doing 3 sets of each, at about 40%, 60%, and 100% of my max weight, about 15, 11, and 5-7 reps. But I don't push as hard on the warm up exercises.

Also, if I should change any order, please tell me.

REVERSE GRIP BENT OVER ROW (as warm up for pull ups)
    PULL UPS (I can do about 4 at the moment, keeping good form)
    DUMBBELL INCLINE ROW (as warm up for next)
    SEATED ROW INDIVIDUAL ARMS
    SEATED CABLE ROW
    LAT PULLDOWN (WIDE GRIP)
    SEATED DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS
    SINGLE ARM LINEAR JAMMER
    SIDE TO FRONT LAT RAISE
    SEATED BARBELL MILITARY PRESS
    LYING NECK PLATE

Thanks.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For a beginner that sure is a lot for just your shoulders and mid back.

So, if you are a beginner and you are doing 3 days a week, why not get on a proven beginner program which has someone there to answer your questions when you have them and guide you through like Fierce 5 or All Pro which are in the sticky section.

You are gonna catch a lot of slack for the one you listed...for just shoulders and mid back.
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As a beginner you should not make up your own routine. At the very least start with a good routine and tailor it to your needs. What upper/lower routine were you doing? If it was your own home brewed routine it probably had way too much volume, judging from what you posted here. I think an Upper/Lower split is okay, even for someone fairly new to lifting, but it needs to be a properly designed routine. Check of the Fierce 5 U/L split: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162916931