Page 128 of 215 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 6446
    ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleXtreme View Post
    Looks like Kirsten Powers has joined the Catholic Church!

Although, she's a democrat, I'm glad that she has decided to come home to Rome.
    awesome!

3 kids baptized at todays mass, that was cool
    Texas crew

CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I have a question.

If democracy, or a representative republic....... is such a great idea........ then why did God choose monarchies for Israel?
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me." - Psalm 23

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

Facilitating the i̵̬͠l̴̺͒ Harbinger's Avatar
    Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CalmWind View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/OtTxqBL.jpg[img]

I have a question.

If democracy, or a representative republic....... is such a great idea........ then why did God choose monarchies for Israel?
    O|||||||O

GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I have a question.

Oh man that's really funny.
    EX IGNORANTIA AD SAPIENTIAM
    EX LUCE AD TENERBRAS

WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000)

I have a question.

Probably to mirror the monarchy of heaven, since Israel is God's holy nation.

The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. Psalm 103:19
    Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name. - Exodus 15:3

TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    because he intends to sit on the mercy throne of israel and rule the planet from there. gabriel promised that to mary (also promised to sarah) in fact, that he would sit on the throne of his father david. so in order for him to have a kingdom, he sets it up by type beforehand all through the scripture. any form of government that is ruled by men and not god is prolly a bad one tho. but in his absence we have to make the best of it, and that usually means not letting any one man have too much power.

runonsentencesareawesome Indivdude's Avatar
    Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000)

I have a question.

Francis looking like he's about to pull a gun.

"And say hello to my little friend."
    R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

Better listen to this guy. He has the most trustworthy beard I've ever seen. -bigfor15

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
    Oh man that's really funny.
    Originally Posted by Indivdude View Post
    Francis looking like he's about to pull a gun.

"And say hello to my little friend."
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me." - Psalm 23

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I have a question.

He didn't remember. He only reluctantly allowed them to have a king.

Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    He didn't remember. He only reluctantly allowed them to have a king.
    God knew he would give them a King all along. It was all planned from the very beginning.

What God rejected, and wanted to teach a lesson to Israel... was the kind of King that Israel was requesting......a King "like all the nations, like the gentiles have"... i.e. Saul...... instead of a king like David who is a servant of God.

So. i'm wondering. God always intended his people to be ruled by a King. God expected his people to fully trust him, and depend on him......

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is that a freemason hand signal?

Originally Posted by WarrNation View Post
    Probably to mirror the monarchy of heaven, since Israel is God's holy nation.

The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. Psalm 103:19
    Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
    because he intends to sit on the mercy throne of israel and rule the planet from there. gabriel promised that to mary (also promised to sarah) in fact, that he would sit on the throne of his father david. so in order for him to have a kingdom, he sets it up by type beforehand all through the scripture. any form of government that is ruled by men and not god is prolly a bad one tho. but in his absence we have to make the best of it, and that usually means not letting any one man have too much power.
    Right.

So, then...... my question is.... why do we accept this 2015 brand of democracy in the united States, as correct? The USA was not founded on the sort of thinking that plagues us today.

The USA was founded as a republic, a democracy that was founded upon non-democratic foundations. These foundations came directly from religion (Christianity), and they were accepted and never democratically debated. We held these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal under God. That God gave us all of our rights, and no Man should take them away. Etc...

Where is the proof that a society that has to constantly argue these foundations, can succeed? Why is it OK to accept the idea that a democracy can succeed when you have to consistently argue whether or not Men should have XYZ freedom, or if the government has a right to torture people. There is no proof that a democratic society like this is good........ or even functional in the long term. Logically, it follows that this type of democratic society will allow for all of the world's degeneracy to spring forth. And as we see today, this is exactly what has happened.

Before the 1960's, this country had an ingrained common decency that was based on Christian dogmas, and was accepted by the people of the republic as true. This caused a harmonious and strong nation. So, although we did not have a King that was led by God......... the people itself were led by God. And, the government, though claims independence, reflected this because it consisted of these very people.

I don't think what we have now is good, or can last long term. The brand of democracy that has sprung up in America in the past 40-50 years, is problematic. We are no longer a democratic nation that has foundational dogmas that are taken to be true....... we now question and argue every single thing. I don't think this form of gov't is compatible with God anymore.
    Last edited by CalmWind; 10-11-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

Originally Posted by 4SetsOfKegels View Post
    Is that a freemason hand signal?

[img]http://www.propheticexplorer.com/images/hidden_hand.jpimg]
    Are you a member?

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000) WarrNation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Right.

So, then...... my question is.... why do we accept this 2015 brand of democracy in the united States, as correct? The USA was not founded on the sort of thinking that plagues us today.

The USA was founded as a republic, a democracy that was founded upon non-democratic foundations. These foundations came directly from religion (Christianity), and they were accepted and never democratically debated. We held these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal under God. That God gave us all of our rights, and no Man should take them away. Etc...

Where is the proof that a society that has to constantly argue these foundations, can succeed? Why is it OK to accept the idea that a democracy can succeed when you have to consistently argue whether or not Men should have XYZ freedom, or if the government has a right to torture people. There is no proof that a democratic society like this is good........ or even functional in the long term. Logically, it follows that this type of democratic society will allow for all of the world's degeneracy to spring forth. And as we see today, this is exactly what has happened.

Before the 1960's, this country had an ingrained common decency that was based on Christian dogmas, and was accepted by the people of the republic as true. This caused a harmonious and strong nation. So, although we did not have a King that was led by God......... the people itself were led by God. And, the government, though claims independence, reflected this because it consisted of these very people.

I don't think what we have now is good, or can last long term. The brand of democracy that has sprung up in America in the past 40-50 years, is problematic. We are no longer a democratic nation that has foundational dogmas that are taken to be true....... we now question and argue every single thing. I don't think this form of gov't is compatible with God anymore.
    All men are created equal under God?

Does this mean the founding fathers didn't consider black people to be human?

EDIT: Don't think the US was founded on Christian principles:

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights."
    Last edited by WarrNation; 10-11-2015 at 03:59 PM.
    Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name. - Exodus 15:3

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    God knew he would give them a King all along. It was all planned from the very beginning.

What God rejected, and wanted to teach a lesson to Israel... was the kind of King that Israel was requesting......a King "like all the nations, like the gentiles have"... i.e. Saul...... instead of a king like David who is a servant of God.

So. i'm wondering. God always intended his people to be ruled by a King. God expected his people to fully trust him, and depend on him......
    But who was 1 Sammy 8: 7-9?

4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000) 4SetsOfKegels is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you a member?
    No but I've seen the conspiracy pages about them : p and I have some questions about Francis but I cant judge as someone just putting their hand in their jacket doesn't say much. Just trying to be shrewd as a snake and as peaceful as a dove, as well as on the alert.

No but I've seen the conspiracy pages about them : p and I have some questions about Francis but I cant judge as someone just putting their hand in their jacket doesn't say much.
    I put the secret handshake on a mason one time and he legit freaked out.

No but I've seen the conspiracy pages about them : p and I have some questions about Francis but I cant judge as someone just putting their hand in their jacket doesn't say much. Just trying to be shrewd as a snake and as peaceful as a dove, as well as on the alert.
    Ah I see. I am of the same mindset, brother. Or, I should say, God has led me to be of the same mindset.

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think the institutions are more a reflection of the society. if you wish to lay blame about where it went wrong, you can lay it at the doors of the american church (any and all flavors of it) for not coming down like a ton of bricks on this when it was nacent, and raising up successive generations without strong biblical foundations. beginning with prayer in schools, then abortion and lately homo marriage, its nothing less than a satanic attack on the christian foundations this nation has rested on for centuries, and its been winning. frankly at this late stage, there is no way back short of national, public repentance, like the people of nineveh did in jonah, from the greatest to the least of us. if I were somehow made king of america, that would be my first royal act. but as things are going today, it kind of seems unlikely. =/

MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Right.

What are you talking about brother? We don't live in a democratic republic anymore. We live under a pseudo-aristocratic rule that incorporates judicial decrees - which also has been bought and paid for.
    Pureblood

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Он не человек, он как кусок железа

Ah I see. I am of the same mindset, brother. Or, I should say, God has led me to be of the same mindset.

Cool pic. Remember the armor of God, pick up that sword and that shield of faith : )
    I've enticed sin and sinned on this forum with lewd posts. I've turned from my sin and embraced Christ Jesus who died on the cross for my sin. I apologize to anyone that I've offended or harmed through my sinful posts, please pm me if I did so that I can give a personal apology. Jesus died for us sinners and by faith in Him and his work on the cross we are saved, by grace. Amazing grace.

How to know God
    http://reallifewithjackhibbs.org/know-god/

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScottTil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Texas crew

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anyone following the Vatican synod on the family shennanigans?

Cardinal Pell: no possibility of liberals getting their way on Communion for divorced and remarried

Cardinal George Pell, Prefect of the Vaticans Secretariat for the Economy, has just issued a statement saying there is no possibility that the minority of Synod Fathers who favour allowing divorced and remarried people to receive Communion will get their way at the chaotic Synod on the Family.

His spokesman said: There is strong agreement in the Synod on most points but obviously there is some disagreement because minority elements want to change the Churchs teachings on the proper dispositions necessary for the reception of communion.

Obviously there is no possibility of change on this doctrine.

The cardinal confirmed the existence (but not the accuracy) of a letter to Pope Francis, leaked today, reportedly signed by himself and very senior cardinals. In the text as published by the controversial conservative journalist Sandro Magister, the cardinals suggest that the synod rules have been altered to take power away from the Synod Fathers and hand it to the commission drafting the final report.

They also allegedly warn Francis that bending the rules on the reception of Holy Communion could lead to the sort of factional collapse that has all but destroyed some Protestant denominations.

But is Magister reliable? Four of the 13 cardinals said to have signed the letter today denied that they did so, though without elaboration and in some cases after a mysterious delay.

Here is what Cardinal Pells spokesman says on the matter:

A private letter should remain private but it seems that there are errors in both the content and the list of signatories.

The Cardinal is aware that concerns remain among many of the Synod Fathers about the composition of the drafting committee of the final relatio and about the process by which it will be presented to the Synod fathers and voted upon.

Meanwhile, Cardinal Napier of Durban this afternoon confirmed that he signed a letter to the Pope but also disputes its contents as reported by Magister.

Napier, speaking to Crux, said he signed a letter specifically about the 10-member commission preparing the final document i.e., addressing the conservatives concern that the commission, which includes Cardinal Baldisseri and Archbishop Forte, architects of last years fiasco, will not accurately reflect the discussions of the Synod Fathers.

The Crux interview shows that Cardinal Napier has grave doubts about this synod. Hes worried about the uncertainty surrounding the shaping of the document and, in a devastating off-the-cuff comment, says at this stage, its too hard to tell whether the final result has already been determined.

In-article-subs-banner-blue
    In other words, Napier fears that the synod has been rigged for how else can you describe determining the result of a report long before the synod discussions are over?

This has been a day of embarrassing chaos at the Vatican. But, at the end of it, Pope Francis is still facing a crisis. Cardinal Napier and Cardinal Robert Sarah, the two most influential African cardinals, apparently do not trust the workings of the synod. Sarah, who is now Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, has not denied signing the Magister letter.

Nor has Cardinal Gerhard Mller, who occupies the even more senior position of Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

Meanwhile, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York and by no means a hardline conservative like his fellow American Cardinal Raymond Burke, has also failed to deny that he signed it. Instead, he issued a statement today arguing that it is faithful Catholics who obey the rules governing sexual behaviour who feel that they have become the minority in the Church.

Pope Francis, having allowed his officials to stack the cards against the conservative majority in the synod, now finds the cards stacked against him. The growing suspicion that the outcome of the proceedings has been predetermined has drawn together a coalition of orthodox Catholics who disagree on questions of liturgy and politics. If Francis ignores their wishes, as he has the power to do so next year when he responds to the synod, a Catholic civil war will begin in earnest.
    http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/201...and-remarried/
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) confuoco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No. Post Tenebras Lux.

Ipsum esse subsistens Athanasius90's Avatar
    Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000) Athanasius90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do any of you brahs (+1 brahette) have any good guides to learning to read in Latin relatively quickly? Only read at some level of proficiency, not speak fluently of course.

I've realized that much of classical Christian literature and philosophy (medieval in particular) is mostly in Latin. Aquinas is the only thinker I'm aware of who has had his entire corpus translated into English. I feel there are vast oceans of richness I'm missing out on. Suarez, Scotus, Buridan etc.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

- Socrates

“Every scientific man in order to preserve his reputation has to say he dislikes metaphysics. What he means is he dislikes having his metaphysics criticized.”

-Alfred North Whitehead

Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ehsaun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Athanasius90 View Post
    Do any of you brahs (+1 brahette) have any good guides to learning to read in Latin relatively quickly? Only read at some level of proficiency, not speak fluently of course.

I've realized that much of classical Christian literature and philosophy (medieval in particular) is mostly in Latin. Aquinas is the only thinker I'm aware of who has had his entire corpus translated into English. I feel there are vast oceans of richness I'm missing out on. Suarez, Scotus, Buridan etc.
    Get Wheelock's Latin

I'm taking latin in college atm and its really easy to pick up. The language makes alot of sense logically.
    *tryna get 18 inch arms crew*

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello lady and gentleman,

May one of you elaborate on the relationship between Jonah and Jesus?
    Before I ask my next question, I should make sure I understand this connection properly.

Thank you
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

Originally Posted by TranceNRG View Post
    Hello lady and gentleman,

May one of you elaborate on the relationship between Jonah and Jesus?
    Before I ask my next question, I should make sure I understand this connection properly.

Thank you
    I know of no relationship. Jesus references him when he speaks of His burial (Matt 12: 40).

lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lasher has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ^ I see a lot of typology at play, if youre into typology
    'On many levels, mathematics itself operates as Whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White' - Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois.

Page 128 of 215 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast