Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Registered User AnabolicAnimal1's Avatar
    AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnabolicAnimal1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chris.

Foremost, let me be an extension of everyone else's comments and say that we are really happy to have you posting here. You've been giving really thorough answers which have been wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Here's a good one for you -

Ben Pakulski told me one time that he believes anyone (with the exception of people with substantial genetic limitations) can turn pro. Keep in mind, he was speaking about male pro bodybuilders in the IFBB.

Now let's take some elements out of the equation such as structure, muscle bellies, etc. Let's consider just the ability to gain muscle and get in shape. Do you think anyone (sans big genetic deficits) can achieve the muscle mass and conditioning of a pro given unlimited drugs/food/training?

I know that 'big genetic deficits' is a pretty subjectively vague term, too.

ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamantiumYoke View Post
    Thanks Chris. Appreciate it!!! I have kind of an odd question for you. From tomorrow, there are gonna start NAVRATRE, which are 9 nights of a religious Hindu festival and worship. We do not eat anything non vegetarian for 9-10 days, not even eggs. And usually I am always bothered in back of my mind that I am not getting any real protein [ except milk n cottage cheese and some soy that makes no more than 40g], and it leads me to believe that I am gonna lose hard earned muscle or gain back hard shed fat, [ we heavily eat rice, potatoes, fruits in these days]. It's a big psychological burden. What to do to make the situation slightly better. I cannot just rely on Whey.
    Try these combos:
    1. Rice or Quinoa and beans or lentils
    2. Bread and peanut butter
    3. Vegan protein poweder (Pea)
    4. Tofu

Those are all non animal products and will provide a full amino acid profile

ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisTuttle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Zuka View Post
    scribble, scribble...brb taking notes...

thx bro imma use this
    Be very careful bud and note all signs of dehydration and or electrolyte imbalances. Google the list of signs and symptoms.

Originally Posted by AnabolicAnimal1 View Post
    Chris.

Foremost, let me be an extension of everyone else's comments and say that we are really happy to have you posting here. You've been giving really thorough answers which have been wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Here's a good one for you -

Ben Pakulski told me one time that he believes anyone (with the exception of people with substantial genetic limitations) can turn pro. Keep in mind, he was speaking about male pro bodybuilders in the IFBB.

Now let's take some elements out of the equation such as structure, muscle bellies, etc. Let's consider just the ability to gain muscle and get in shape. Do you think anyone (sans big genetic deficits) can achieve the muscle mass and conditioning of a pro given unlimited drugs/food/training?

I know that 'big genetic deficits' is a pretty subjectively vague term, too.
    That is a tough question. The way I see it so many could become pro but they do not come in condition. They are not in shape of enough. Provided you have a decent physique with no crazy weaknesses and come in shredded you will most likely turn pro. It also comes down to who shows up. I don't believe that anyone can grow huge though. If that was the case these pros now would bigger and bigger every year. There is a genetic cut off where your body will not grow anymore no matter what you do.

Quantum Tunnel Mafia AdamantiumYoke's Avatar
    AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    13 weeks out sitting at 240....

11 weeks out from the NY Pro from muscle potential
    Not the latest but it is quite good to see the physique transforming leading up to the day of competition.

10 weeks out to my pro debut at NY PRO 212 class. Sitting around 233

Quick bicep shot 9 weeks out NY pro sitting at 230

And a random one... I may be aggrandizing but this pic has serious DY level potential fit into 212 lbs. Not bad for a new comer at all
    Last edited by AdamantiumYoke; 03-21-2015 at 02:06 AM.
    Honours in Physics
    HIT is the only way
    Chase failure to achieve success
    Team Yates/Cutler/Winklaar
    "Moderation in bodybuilding is a vice."

russ26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chris, do you have a website? Or how does someone get in touch with you about your nutrition/coach services?

Quantum Tunnel Mafia AdamantiumYoke's Avatar
    AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honours in Physics
    HIT is the only way
    Chase failure to achieve success
    Team Yates/Cutler/Winklaar
    "Moderation in bodybuilding is a vice."

Originally Posted by russ26 View Post
    Chris, do you have a website? Or how does someone get in touch with you about your nutrition/coach services?
    Yes my man I do! I never update to though because I am so busy with clients. It is IFBBproChrisTuttle.com

Originally Posted by AdamantiumYoke View Post
    13 weeks out sitting at 240....

11 weeks out from the NY Pro from muscle potential
    Not the latest but it is quite good to see the physique transforming leading up to the day of competition.

10 weeks out to my pro debut at NY PRO 212 class. Sitting around 233

Quick bicep shot 9 weeks out NY pro sitting at 230

And a random one... I may be aggrandizing but this pic has serious DY level potential fit into 212 lbs. Not bad for a new comer at all
    Nice display! I never really look back at my pics too much. It is kind of cool to see the progression. I have some recent ones I will post at some point.

british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ChrisTuttle View Post
    Great question! If money was really tight and I had to choose things in order of prioritization of importance and efficacy (based on science). I would choose Whey Isolate and Carbo plus. That combo if I had to choose. Now in order of importance in my personal and professional opinion? I use these supps both offseason and contest and did before I was with Universal as well.

1. Whey Isolate Vanilla from Universal and Carbo Plus (digests great for me considering my intestinal issues and I never crash)
    2. BCAAs (Atomic 7 Grape) Most Leucine per serving! Leucine is king and has science to back it up
    3. Creatine monohydrate (good ole faithful)
    4. Glutamine (Helps with intestinal health as well as keeping the immune system strong during intense training periods.)
    5. CLA (pre contest) (body composition and immunity)

I use these supps both offseason and contest and did before I was with Universal as well. I must say after seeing first hand their own manufacturing plant, their products are spot on and high quality. They purchase all there own raws and formulate them on site. No bull ****!

Are you located in the US?
    Thank you for the answer

No, I'm from the UK. How come?
    Better looking then most of the misc crew

No twitter or ******** crew

whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chris,

What would you say is the "ideal" weekly routine for a natural trainee?

Full body? Upper/lower? PPL? Bro split?

How much time should pass between each workout?

Thanx

Originally Posted by british123 View Post
    Thank you for the answer

No, I'm from the UK. How come?
    If you were in the US I was going to send you a Tub of Universal Protein or aminos.

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great videos Chris like I have said on social media nice to see someone train smart, and know a little bit more then "chicken , rice bench press"
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100) british123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you were in the US I was going to send you a Tub of Universal Protein or aminos.
    Ahhh that's unfortunate! I'm current taking flex,pak,carbo plus and shock therapy but I've always wanted to try their amino acids.

Originally Posted by whiskeyjackie View Post
    Chris,

What would you say is the "ideal" weekly routine for a natural trainee?

Full body? Upper/lower? PPL? Bro split?

How much time should pass between each workout?

Thanx
    That is almost an impossible question to answer accurately! You must take into account; years lifting, individual recoverability (personally I am slow in recovering), and nutrition. Generally one body part per week. Not full body or upper lower if you are trying to build muscle. That is my opinion. Taking 2 full days off per week. Training 5 days per week. IN and out of gym in 60-90 mins.

3-4 exercise per body part
    3-4 sets per exercise
    8-15 reps per set
    rest 60-2mins depending on what muscle group (example shoulders vs legs)

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    Great videos Chris like I have said on social media nice to see someone train smart, and know a little bit more then "chicken , rice bench press"
    Thanks bud! Yes, too many people train with EGO and weight lift. They do not actually "body build."

Originally Posted by british123 View Post
    Ahhh that's unfortunate! I'm current taking flex,pak,carbo plus and shock therapy but I've always wanted to try their amino acids.
    Their Atomic 7 is bitchin! Juiced Aminos are great too! I think they are a little cheaper.

whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000) whiskeyjackie is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is almost an impossible question to answer accurately! You must take into account; years lifting, individual recoverability (personally I am slow in recovering), and nutrition. Generally one body part per week. Not full body or upper lower if you are trying to build muscle. That is my opinion. Taking 2 full days off per week. Training 5 days per week. IN and out of gym in 60-90 mins.

3-4 exercise per body part
    3-4 sets per exercise
    8-15 reps per set
    rest 60-2mins depending on what muscle group (example shoulders vs legs)
    Thank you very much, Chris!

LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great to see Chris start this thread. He is full of information!
    Universal Rep
    www.universalusa.com
    ********, Instagram, Twitter @universalusa

Originally Posted by whiskeyjackie View Post
    Thank you very much, Chris!
    Your welcome bud! Find what works for you. Start with a consistent base and work off that plan. Never change your plan all the way around. Good luck!

Originally Posted by LadyIgnite View Post
    Great to see Chris start this thread. He is full of information!
    Thanks!

alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chris thanks again for all the answers, here is an interesting question that I can't seem to tackle!
    If I'm doing cardio after my workout and taking yohimbine during it so it kicks in when I start cardio, will the insulin spike from my intra workout BCAAs interfere with the yohimbine?

Originally Posted by alex070707 View Post
    Chris thanks again for all the answers, here is an interesting question that I can't seem to tackle!
    If I'm doing cardio after my workout and taking yohimbine during it so it kicks in when I start cardio, will the insulin spike from my intra workout BCAAs interfere with the yohimbine?
    I am going to say now. By the time you hit cardio I assume insulin levels will be on the decline. Although that is just my educated guess!

alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks again, another quick one:
    Best way to utilize bulk leucine, a friend gave me like 500g of it and not quite sure what to do with it?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for all of the help and advice Chris! I have an easy on for ya.

Most of us with wives and girlfriends look to us for training advice(non competitive) and i am curious what advice you would suggest that we give them for getting beach ready. I assume that they are not willing to do 20 sets per body part like we would, so what is a good simple plan that you might suggest. Nutrition advice is also welcome. Thanks.

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chris, what's your thoughts on how the IFFB, as an organization, is operated? As in the way competitors are treated, winnings, turning pro shows into mock pool parties (bikini and MP), Physiques like Branch placing above guys like Cedric, contest coverage, etc...and how would you improve it?
    ...imnoting

Originally Posted by alex070707 View Post
    Thanks again, another quick one:
    Best way to utilize bulk leucine, a friend gave me like 500g of it and not quite sure what to do with it?
    Add it to your post workout shake or juice intra workout. I am assuming it is flavorless? Flavorless Leucine is very bitter and strong not so favorable taste.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Thanks for all of the help and advice Chris! I have an easy on for ya.

Most of us with wives and girlfriends look to us for training advice(non competitive) and i am curious what advice you would suggest that we give them for getting beach ready. I assume that they are not willing to do 20 sets per body part like we would, so what is a good simple plan that you might suggest. Nutrition advice is also welcome. Thanks.
    That is very hard to answer considering diet and training is really individualized. I would say minimum training? 4 days per week weights, spending most time with multi- joint exercises, 3 exercise per body part, 3 sets each exercise, 10-15 reps per set, and good smooth controlled tempo. Cardio post workout 20-30 mins of HIIT. Diet tips? Do not go hungry? Hungry = poor food choices. Try and eat a minimum of 4 complete meals per day. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and healthy fats. Must put priority on planning for food. No plan = bad food choices.

Originally Posted by AniMaLizTik View Post
    Chris, what's your thoughts on how the IFFB, as an organization, is operated? As in the way competitors are treated, winnings, turning pro shows into mock pool parties (bikini and MP), Physiques like Branch placing above guys like Cedric, contest coverage, etc...and how would you improve it?
    Very good question. I am new to the IFBB so I do not have a lot to say yet. I can say that condition carries a lot of weight over symmetry. People will argue otherwise but It is true (hence branch). The pool parties are not my thing. I HATE that scene as well as the party life. Def not for me. Will never go.

I just love competing! I do not care what really goes on for the most part. I enjoy pushing myself and being the best that I can be. I compete for me. I never thought I would ever get sponsored or become a pro. Never in my mind did I think it was possible until North Americans in 2013.

I do dislike bikini and men's physique. Just not my thing. Especially woman's bikini. I would like to see previous MR O judge the Olympia contest. That would be great.

Chris

Quick question as you are good at digestion advice.

I'm recently struggling to get enough food in which comes and goes so 2 questions.

1. How come I go through phases of a few weeks of eating easily enough and eating right until I'm full and then I will go through a week phase of having no appetite and really struggling to eat anything other than simple sugars and bad foods

2. When im in the phase mentioned of lack of food I am adding 2 scoops of carbo plus in with my shock therapy pre workout but wondering if mixing those together pre workout can effect one another

Would love to hear your thoughts