Thread: Sleep Apenea

mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000)

Sleep Apenea

I had a surgery last December and while I was in the hospital the nurses brought up the possibility of me having sleep apnea to me and my doctor. She wants me to do a sleep study and possibly start a cpap machine thingie. I guess I snore a lot and I often have problems sleeping. I also tend to have an issue with not being able to sleep at night, sleeping all day and being up all night. The doc thinks the apnea might be the cause of that issue. So I'm wondering, who has had that problem and what experiences do you have with a cpap machine? I really dread the idea of wearing one of those every night. Does the air flow tend to dry you out? I have an issue with waking up with headaches and sinus problems some times.

Right now my sleep schedule is basically 6am to 1pm, then for a couple hours after dinner. Not working right now, but once things start back up next month I'll have to switch back to night time sleeping. March is always a hard month for me because of sleep issues.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have sleep apnea..,when I weighed 280 and had a 19.5" neck, I would wake up in a absolue panic and my chest hurt. Studies have shown neck size is a "predictor' for sleep apnea. Of course I was tired thru the day. I had a study done and my apnea was pretty bad.

So I have a CPAP with a water resovoir. As long as keep my mouth shut at night, i don't dry out. I absolutely hate wearing the thing, I hate it with a passion. But I have never slept better with it. I mean, it is a life changer.

I have since loss almost 40# and I know my neck has shrunk. When I travel I don't use it and all seems to be well. I will have another study done when I am in the 230's..

I wish you the best with this'll. Pm me with questions, etc.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000) mtdman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does the water reservoir help to keep you from drying out? The doc asked about the tired through the day thing and I really don't know. My job is pretty taxing and it always tires me out. I do know I always wake up feeling not well rested. The other thing is, I don't normally 'go to bed'. I kinda just pass out and that's when I go to sleep. Usually when I do that evening nap thing I get so tired after eating I pass out.

I'm not sure how bad I snore, but I do know that my wife is horrible and she scares the crap out of me. I want her to do a sleep study too. Then we'll both have cpaps and we'll have the least romantic bedroom ever.

Weird thing about this sleep schedule is working out at 2am.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Does the water reservoir help to keep you from drying out? The doc asked about the tired through the day thing and I really don't know. My job is pretty taxing and it always tires me out. I do know I always wake up feeling not well rested. The other thing is, I don't normally 'go to bed'. I kinda just pass out and that's when I go to sleep. Usually when I do that evening nap thing I get so tired after eating I pass out.

I'm not sure how bad I snore, but I do know that my wife is horrible and she scares the crap out of me. I want her to do a sleep study too. Then we'll both have cpaps and we'll have the least romantic bedroom ever.

Weird thing about this sleep schedule is working out at 2am.
    yes, the resovoir helps from drying out. But you have to keep your mouth shut, or you will dry out.

I second what emorat wrote, and sign up your wife...
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Registered User BluSteelSeattle's Avatar
    BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BluSteelSeattle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have severe apnea. If you dry out make sure to turn the heat on the water so it produces steam. It works pretty good. I used to have really bad neck pain until I started using the cpap. Best money you will ever spend. Its amazing how much damage to the body bad sleep will cause. It is really bad on your heart. The only time the heart rests is during sleep. I did the sleep study and without the machine my heart rate went up to 90 BPM and I would hold my breath 60 times per hour for up to 60 sec a time!!! When I started the machine they showed me my heart rate dropped to 50BPM and I never held my breath at all during the entire time using it.

Its a life savor. It kind of sucks using it, but I wouldn't sleep without it.

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    I have sleep apnea..,when I weighed 280 and had a 19.5" neck, I would wake up in a absolue panic and my chest hurt. Studies have shown neck size is a "predictor' for sleep apnea. Of course I was tired thru the day. I had a study done and my apnea was pretty bad.

So I have a CPAP with a water resovoir. As long as keep my mouth shut at night, i don't dry out. I absolutely hate wearing the thing, I hate it with a passion. But I have never slept better with it. I mean, it is a life changer.

I have since loss almost 40# and I know my neck has shrunk. When I travel I don't use it and all seems to be well. I will have another study done when I am in the 230's..

I wish you the best with this'll. Pm me with questions, etc.
    Same here...I didn't snore as much, but I freaked my wife out because I would quit breathing, maybe cause of the pillow she put over my head, LOL...But seriously it did help with weight loss, I was some what surprised with that. I too have the water reservoir, I don't get the dry nasal passage either. I drive truck/loaders/haul trucks and with the CDL we now are required by our company to get checked for sleep apnea.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I also have OSA and have used a CPAP since 2008. Luckily I have always had a nasal mask and the one I use now is a nasal-pillows type. This is about as minimal you can go and I got used to it quickly. First things first, go for the sleep study.
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, apnea sucks. Needing a CPAP or BiPAP sucks, but untreated apnea is a real life shortener.

I didn't even know I had it until I was tested. I still have sleep issues at times, but life is a lot better. Weight loss helps.

GET TESTED.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm going in to a sleep center too. I'm tired and really notice the lack of recouperstive sleep. I'm also a diabetic type 2 and not obese. I have noticed if I take something to knock myself out my blood sugar is almost normal in the morning. So my hope is this machine will allow a deeper sleep for hormone balance. I'm going to make that machine work damn it without complaint! The dream is to maybe really reset my body. Working out in tiny windows around blood sugar does not a muscle man make. Good luck OP

When I was in the hospital my blood oxygen level would drop below 90 and it would set off alarms. They made me sleep with an o2 cannula in my nose to keep it up. Also, I often wake up in the morning with my heart beating like crazy, and I get a lot of anxiety when I wake up first thing. My dr said that the mask would help all that. I hope so, that anxiety thing is real ****ty to deal with.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by V-240 View Post
    Yeah, apnea sucks. Needing a CPAP or BiPAP sucks, but untreated apnea is a real life shortener.

I didn't even know I had it until I was tested. I still have sleep issues at times, but life is a lot better. Weight loss helps.

GET TESTED.
    What prompted you to get tested in the first place?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    When I was in the hospital my blood oxygen level would drop below 90 and it would set off alarms. They made me sleep with an o2 cannula in my nose to keep it up. Also, I often wake up in the morning with my heart beating like crazy, and I get a lot of anxiety when I wake up first thing. My dr said that the mask would help all that. I hope so, that anxiety thing is real ****ty to deal with.
    Part of the sleep study does monitor the oxygen levels in your blood. They also see if you go through all the stages of sleep, which is very important. The heart-beating thing may be your body trying to overcome a partially closed breathing path. I had the surgery to remove my tonsils, adenoids, uvula and excess throat tissue, called an UPPP. Which helped some, but I did wind up with a CPAP although on a lower pressure level. If I didn't have the surgery, I would had to have the CPAP on full-blast. Which impacts throat and sinus dryness.

Go for the sleep study. They will either have you monitored with no CPAP, or do a split-study where at some point they do slap a mask on you.

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by V-240 View Post

GET TESTED.
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    What prompted you to get tested in the first place?
    Family history, and in 1999 people telling me I snored loud enough to knock walls down.

My mom and brother also have apnea. My mom is 80, not obese but needs oxygen at night with her BiPAP.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my ex always wanted me to get checked for it, but I really didn't like the idea of sleeping with the machine.

There is a difference between snoring and apnea too - I mean by all means get checked.

One thing I noticed was that I snored a lot more (based on waking up with a dry mouth/throat, being tired, waking up through the night) when my sinus congestion was bad at night. I already take Flonase for it during the day, so I started taking it at night as well if I felt stuffy at all. I also use Breath Rights (and I have found the name brands work better than the store brands - you can get them pretty cheap on ebay) and a humidifier at night.

I did lose some weight too which probably helped and if I ever wake up with congestion or dry mouth I try to make sure I go back to sleep on my side.

Seems to have really knocked mine down a lot.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I have it. Sleep Dr told me I had the most severe case he had ever seen in someone not morbidly obese. The CPAP is an absolute nightmare to get used to, but once you do, you will never even want to take a quick nap without it.
    This coming Friday will be two weeks that I've had mine and I'm still getting used to it... Some nights are the best sleep ever, while some - not so much. Last night I woke up at 0400 and had to take it off.. I use the nasal pillows, which someone told me was the best option but they keep going up into my nose and ittitating the shiit out of me.. Gonna talk to them about a bigger size, or... something.

My uvula is 'elongated' which is what they said causes my apnea because it goes down into my throat and blocks my airway. Gonna give the CPAP machine some time, and if that doesn't work then I'll give the surgery some thought.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IRNBLZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've used a CPAP since like 2005 or 2006. Kind of bulky but I love it. I sleep so much better.

Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    This coming Friday will be two weeks that I've had mine and I'm still getting used to it... Some nights are the best sleep ever, while some - not so much. Last night I woke up at 0400 and had to take it off.. I use the nasal pillows, which someone told me was the best option but they keep going up into my nose and ittitating the shiit out of me.. Gonna talk to them about a bigger size, or... something.

My uvula is 'elongated' which is what they said causes my apnea because it goes down into my throat and blocks my airway. Gonna give the CPAP machine some time, and if that doesn't work then I'll give the surgery some thought.
    The nasal pillows come with 3 sizes of nose cannulas. For me, the medium and large work out okay. The provider usually gives a 30-day tryout on a new mask.

You also have to get the tension right on the mask so it stays put. With the nose mask, my first few weeks I'd wake up to find it on the floor many times. The first week was really hard and I was tempted to chuck the whole thing. Which was what my sister did, gave up on it and she has a bad case of OSA.

I had the UPPP surgery which helped somewhat. My ENT gave it a 50-50 chance of working well enough so I would not need a CPAP.

CaraG73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was first diagnosed with sleep apnea is definitely extremely hard for me as well. The biggest recommendation I can give you is to talk with your doctor on whether you should get a CPAP machine or a BiPAP machine. Typically BiPAP machines are diagnosed for people that have more serious sleep apnea problems. For me I think BiPAP machines work a lot better for me personally. You should definitely study up on the differences between the two.. Is a great resource that talks about the differences so that you could choose which one is right for you: http://www.snoringabc.com/bipap-vs-cpap-machines/. Good luck and I hope you get that are nights rest very soon.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Had the sleep study done and they diagnosed me with sleep apnea, I disagreed as I never fell asleep, layed there all night staring at the ceiling and never entered any sleep patterns so I think the diagnosis was bs. They issued me a cpap machine & I figured "what the hell whay not try it?". 3 days later and I hated it more than ever & it didn't help my sleep one damn bit. Turned it off and put it all back in its packaging and tossed it in the trunk of my car. I need to return the damn thing as they have been calling me everytday and want it back. Had a big brother chip in that monitored my usage or lack thereof.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dasitmane2342 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Das it mane

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Had the sleep study done and they diagnosed me with sleep apnea, I disagreed as I never fell asleep,
    Not falling asleep is the very definition of sleep disorder.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

I know of a few guys that were quite possibly killed in their sleep by SA. All over weight, snored like broken chain saws, wives made fun of them, the works. Snoring has always been a funny thing in the movies and in cartoons.

What finally drove me to the surgery and CPAP was, twice I had woken up and could not get a breath. My throat tissue was stuck together. First time, I hit the bathroom and had a couple of sips of water which allowed me to draw in air. The second, my wife witnessed my panic, all I could croak out was "can't breathe". Again, the water trick worked. But she made sure I made the appointment with my ENT!

If I had not awakened, I would have probably would have had a heart attack and would have woken up dead. I work with a guy, extremely over weight and he has mobility issues. He even has his groceries delivered, think he's like 58. He did the sleep study through his PC doctor, not an ENT or lung doctor.

I told him what to expect and they did a single split-study on him, shoved him out the door the next morning with an rx for a CPAP and mask... and they gave him the full face mask. His CPAP is on full blast at a setting of 24, while mine is a 4. Small wonder he can't sleep with a subway tunnel of air being blasted down his throat. He doesn't use it and he falls asleep at work, everyone thinks that's funny...

Had the sleep study done and they diagnosed me with sleep apnea, I disagreed as I never fell asleep, layed there all night staring at the ceiling and never entered any sleep patterns so I think the diagnosis was bs. They issued me a cpap machine & I figured "what the hell whay not try it?". 3 days later and I hated it more than ever & it didn't help my sleep one damn bit. Turned it off and put it all back in its packaging and tossed it in the trunk of my car. I need to return the damn thing as they have been calling me everytday and want it back. Had a big brother chip in that monitored my usage or lack thereof.
    Of all my studies, I had a couple where I swore I never slept, although the results showed that I did. You should give it another go. What mask did they give you?

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I absolutely needed one when I was north of 3 bills for a few years. I needed to sleep on my back because it was too painful laying on my side because of all the weight. Unfortunately, being on your back makes the snoring way worse. I hated the cpap and the fact my doc had it turned up so high. It was like a backpack blower up my nose all night. Got the doc to rx me the bipap and that was much, much better. Still, nothing beats getting the weight down where you just don't need it. Just another reason I need to keep my weight down...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Not sure I'd still be alive today without my CPAP. I've used one for 15 years.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Not falling asleep is the very definition of sleep disorder.
    My wife told me for years that she was afraid I wasn't going to take another breath while sleeping. Like, reaaaaly long pauses between breaths. It takes me forever to get to sleep and I often toss and turn and wake up several times during the night. I could just never picture using a CPAP machine. It's almost like it became all the rage in the 90's. I might not sleep well very often, but I don't feel tired the next day. I'm still standing.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    My wife told me for years that she was afraid I wasn't going to take another breath while sleeping. Like, reaaaaly long pauses between breaths. It takes me forever to get to sleep and I often toss and turn and wake up several times during the night. I could just never picture using a CPAP machine. It's almost like it became all the rage in the 90's. I might not sleep well very often, but I don't feel tired the next day. I'm still standing.
    I never really felt tired the next day, I guess I was used to the feeling. But I still noticed a huge difference after using the device, like not crashing at 9pm.

PS. Free Kevin.
    I'm Batman.

Okay, I'm not.

Here's a frog.

@..@
    (----)
    ( )-( )
    o0..0o

I had no other choice. I would fall asleep at work in the afternoons unless I was busy with something. I had just moved to a far busier location at work, so the CPAP came along at the right time. I would fall asleep after breakfast on Sundays, any time after dinner. Movies, plays.. out like a light. I wasn't able to drive more than an hour without nodding off. I am 100% certain I'd be dead by now if I did nothing about my problem.

Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tried cpap every night for six months. Just not real adaptable to it. Just now using a snore guard. It's a dentist made device that with pre authorization from my medical insurance. A rare tag the dentist bills medical. It's basically a thicker version of an Clear retainer. But it's two retainers and they hook together. The upper jaw holds the lower jaw in place. Sleeping better. Easy to use and travel with. The lower jaw takes about 15 mins upon waking to find its normal placement. Just wanted to share in case cpap does not work for you. I'm still not fully rested but hoping things will get better.