ew304107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Teacher trying to compete

I am currently a high school teacher and have a passion for fitness. I really would like to compete in a NPC bikini competition this summer. I have heard that some people compete with their middle name or an alias but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. Anyone have experience with that? I don't want to use my name in fear my students could find pictures.

On the #gaintrain Psychdockelly's Avatar
    Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pictures of what? You in a bikini? Seriously?

Unfortunately, I'm serious. Teachers get fired for the smallest things nowadays. And lets say a parent isn't comfortable with their child's teacher in heels and a bikini in public... I bet the school will side with her. It's stupid I have to think of this but, it's reasonable (trust me).

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to teach middle and high school.

Firstly, I think you should go ahead and do it. No-one could fault you for a bodybuilding hobby, just keep it quiet around school.

You are pretty so my second bit of advice for you is to frump it up a bit at school. Glasses are good, hair up in a ponytail, shapeless sweaters, flat shoes, etc.

Totally serious.
    Under Construction.

I already kinda frump it up on a daily basis and most of prep will be over the summer so they won't see me change or ask questions.
    I would never tell my students I compete, I'm just worried about them googling my name and BAM, bikini. Lol but I love body building.....

Did you compete while teaching? Should I ask my principal about it?

deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ew304107 View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm serious. Teachers get fired for the smallest things nowadays. And lets say a parent isn't comfortable with their child's teacher in heels and a bikini in public... I bet the school will side with her. It's stupid I have to think of this but, it's reasonable (trust me).
    actually it's very reasonable and prudent, people have become very uptight about the people teaching their kids. unfortunately even if you competed under a different name there is always the chance that someone would see the competition and recognize you.

i think honesty may be your best bet, go to your union rep and tell them of your desire to compete and also of the attire that you would be required to wear in such a competition. see what he/she has to say and if the union would back you in case of any backlash.

it's hard to hide things like this nowadays, someone is bound to know of the upcoming competition and your training, they will tell a friend, that friend tells someone else and before you know it it's a whole big thing.

best to be open and upfront about it and maybe build some support from those rooting for you.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I already kinda frump it up on a daily basis and most of prep will be over the summer so they won't see me change or ask questions.
    I would never tell my students I compete, I'm just worried about them googling my name and BAM, bikini. Lol but I love body building.....

Did you compete while teaching? Should I ask my principal about it?
    I taught pre-Facebook/Internet everywhere/Instagram etc so I enjoyed a very private life back then. I only started lifting last year and while I teach young children now part time I don't advertise my exercise program at school. I get some weird looks always eating my Builder Bars while everyone else nibbles on salad, LOL.

You could mention it to the principal but it really seems ridiculous that you would have to clear it, at least to me. People wear bikinis during summer, so what if you wear one for a competition. You should be able to have a private life. It's not like you're an 'exotic dancer' and even then morals clauses are long gone for teachers in public schools.
    Under Construction.

lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deadrats View Post
    actually it's very reasonable and prudent, people have become very uptight about the people teaching their kids. unfortunately even if you competed under a different name there is always the chance that someone would see the competition and recognize you.

i think honesty may be your best bet, go to your union rep and tell them of your desire to compete and also of the attire that you would be required to wear in such a competition. see what he/she has to say and if the union would back you in case of any backlash.

it's hard to hide things like this nowadays, someone is bound to know of the upcoming competition and your training, they will tell a friend, that friend tells someone else and before you know it it's a whole big thing.

best to be open and upfront about it and maybe build some support from those rooting for you.
    I absolutely agree that you should go to some authoritative figure that you trust (e.g. one that won't throw you under a bus). I don't know much about education politics, but maybe a question for the Board of Education? Whomever it may be, I would definitely get "permission", so to speak, from someone.
    I totally get not wanting your students or parents to find out about it. You CAN get fired for anything these days!
    Food Scientist
    Former ballet dancer
    Wanting to see what this body is capable of!

Registered User Stayfitgetlit11's Avatar
    Stayfitgetlit11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Scared To Get Fired for Being an Athlete

Hi, My name is Jess!
    Its been on my bucket list my whole life to compete in bod building. Now I want to do bikini and training for it.
    I am a teacher.
    I asked my last principal in a different district if she thought it would be OK if I competed. I thought it was a good idea to ask specially since she competed!

She did seem the jealous type a tiny bit as her darn hubby kept visiting my room and I would completely leave or ignore him. He was in maintenance. My class was on the side away from all the other classes. He would just say hi and talk about his family and stuff. But I did feel uncomfortable. I taught online.

The point for saying that is to show the scope.

But she told me I would probably lose my job.

I am not so sure teaching is for me due to the fact that people can't even see it's a sport, that there is heart in training, etc. I am a national champ kayaker, national level soccer player, my family are Olympian and national champ wrestlers. I won the Apple Triathlon. I am an athlete and body sculpter.

What I will start doing is going for my Real Estate licence.Was either that or counselling Masters but I guess the pay isn't much better then teaching, and, as a single mom I need more money anyway.

Bracing for the fact that I may get fired with this new district. I can't ask! Because they will always say no.
    Then for sure they know. Lol.

For me, I am going to do this even thought the risk is losing my job. It's a sport. It takes heart and soul to train. It's my passion.
    So whats the cost to teach? My soul? IT stems from the top down and what are school teaching if you can't practice what you preach and be yourself? All in all it's simply...a bikini just like all the bikinis everyone sees on IG. And I don't post any pics online. It will just be the one from the show out there.

So...I guess is it possible to use a different name?
    I guess I will try and use Jesika Tesarova. My original Czech name but not my name anymore...

I will be called stupid for going with it...

I know...

Heed On..Heed On. Have a back up plan. I do hair as well. Thank god.

What did you end up doing???

J