Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Aesthetic Adventures: Road to WBFF London UK Nov 2015 (and beyond)

Hello everyone!! A bit about myself to kick off; I'm 25 years old, been training since 2010 with a year off in 2011 due to other commitments. I usually stay very lean and consequently, never really had a proper 'offseason'. I competed last June in BNBF novice heavyweights placing 6th out of 9 guys (got the last proper placing/ i.e. 7/8/9 weren't placed) I consider this a fair placing, although felt I had potential to do better, however anyone can say this I guess and potential (although maybe visible) is not always quantifiable! I was very eager to jump into a show this year, however don't look that dissimilar from last year, bar some improvements in the chest and more leg mass, however decided that next time I step onstage, I want to showcase great improvements all round. I must suppress my eagerness to step onstage and ensure I have a proper offseason with heavy lifting and plenty of calories, and put some good size on my frame first! This is really the point of the log....To document all my training sessions and additionally, my nutrition and calories. Consistency after all is the deal breaker I feel, something I lack at times, in particular diet wise; some times overtraining, sporadic eating and training sessions. Strategic eating and training is needed.

My new split is 6 days a week, consisting of two leg days (quad/hamstring split over 2 workouts) and calves 3 x per week, hit with real priority at the start of the workout. You'll see my diet as I'll paste it over from myfitnesspal; really feel like I don't eat enough ATM. I will implement cheat foods every few days, not just for extra calories but the simple fact that I enjoy my food!! I've been eating a lot last week or so (although not tracked) and had some good pumps in the gym. Strength is also up and hope my compound lifts improve substantially from now till Aug-Sep time (probably when I think about dieting). Show wise I'm entering as a fitness model, and realise the wbff place a lot of precedence on showcasing your physique and there is a modelling element to it, not just grinding out bodybuilding poses like I'm use to from last show.

I'm going on holiday in May but not concerned at all about being overly ripped etc. I'm lean anyway, so adding more mass won't hurt and I don't want it to detract from my intention of having a proper offseason!!

I hope the intro wasn't overly long or waffly!! Below are some pictures of June stage photos and also my current condition. I weigh roughly the same as when I competed so desperately need to add some proper mass.

Btw, a bit more about myself.... I have a job in retail, however am rather bored with this type of work and want to study in uni in September if I can sort out some issues with the finance. I dropped out in 2008 and although regret it, was not the right time for me. Course was english lit, hope to do something writing based this time, maybe more media or orientated!

Anyway, to the business of training... Today was chest. Would usually train it with abs/calves but calves have severe DOMS ATM, and starting new split next week.

Started with dumbbell incline presses... I'm pretty weakest these; up to 34kg for good reps.

Flat smith presses. Hit a PB: 100kg (bar not included) x 6. Happy with this!

Decline dumbbell flyes: to 34kg x 7 *PB

Machine Flye Press: to 85-90kg x 4 *great pec squeeze & contraction on this exercise... Went straight into a drop set to around 60kg for reps

Cable crossovers (single arm variation) x 3-4 sets progressive weight

Cable crossovers: 1 set x low with drop set/1 mid/1 high (no attachment)

Chest improved most out of any other bodypart this year: more heavy pressing, variety, volume and a combination of fast reps with intensity methods; drop sets, FST-7 and squeezing the muscle also and contracting hard. Still a long way to go!!

Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10) Connector is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm far right... Green trunks.

howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10) howardaskew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In.......

Lets get this done.

07.03.2014: Shoulders/Biceps

~*rotator cuff to warmup shoulders
    ~seated hammer military press x 4 sets
    ~machine military press x 3 + drop set
    ~dumbbell seated laterals x 4
    ~cable face pull on lat pulldown x 3
    ~single arm cable laterals superset plate shrug x 4

~single arm reverse cable curl FST-4 (12 reps/30 secs rest between sets)
    ~dumbbell alternate curl x 3 sets superset plate curl (15kg plate x 10 reps)
    ~v-bar curl x 3 + drop set final set
    ~dumbbell alternate hammer curl (strict) x 3 superset plate curl (20kg plate)
    ~Machine curl FST-4

Notes: good training session, felt quite strong on pressing today, which is a weak area for me. Been eating normally last week and relaxed my diet a lot before I start bulking properly week after next. Will start posting diet from then.

The reason for a lot of machine work on shoulders today was due to the fact that I've suffered light shoulder pain in my right shoulder last week, as I had a suspected rotator cuff injury in the past. Nothing painful ATM just very subtle pain, just being careful, may supplement glucosamine and a USP labs product I was using last year, Supercissus.

Will try and list exercises/weight used in more detail next workout; didn't have a notepad on me today!

Weather is great today, best it's been in a long time... so feeling good! On the downside I have work today which sucks!!

08.07.2015: Arms

Decided to end the week with arms. Got a lot of carbs in pre-workout and felt good.

Triceps
    ~flat smith close grip bench: 110kg (bar not included) x 2 on last set *PB
    ~EZ bar Pushdown (elbows in) + drop set final set
    ~kneeling straight bar Pushdown (elbows flared) + DS final set
    ~overhead rope cable extension FST-4 (12 reps/30 secs between sets)

Biceps
    ~rope hammer curls (drop set final set)
    ~dumbbell hammer curls (curling straight up rather than cross body) + drop set final set
    ~dumbbell concentration curls (standing) + drop set final set

Notes:
    Pretty much all sets for arms were in the 10/8/6/4 rep range with drop sets as intensifiers. Good solid heavy workout here.

14.03.2015: Legs

Tried an abbreviated Branch Warren workout today and it was pretty brutal!!

~warmup on stationary bike
    ~1 set leg extension to warmup legs more
    ~squats 5 x 10
    ~leg extension 3 x 20 / 1 x 20 (heavier) /1 x 20 drop set >20>20 reps
    ~hack squat machine 5 x 15
    ~seated leg curl 3 x 12 (double drop set final set)

The workout included smith lunges and leg press with double drop set, but I could barely walk after the above, and wouldn't have been able to use any weight. The drive home was difficult lol, as was the walk to my car!!

Food today has been:

~Pint milk/banana/2 whole eggs for breakfast

Pint milk post workout (my protein order is delivered Monday and I've ran out till then!!)

~1/2 cup (uncooked weight) white rice/chicken breast with BBQ sauce

~pint milk/3 tablespoons peanut butter

I have prepared two more meals for the day...

Large serving pasta with 250g lean beef mince x 2 meals

Then probably have milk and peanut butter before bed

* I wouldn't usually drink this much milk, but my protein is delivered Monday as said, so have to make do!!

Unpumped, feeling a lot fuller since increasing calories lately.

Competed at the weekend in a local qualifier, but didn't make the top 3 in a tough classic class. Now starting my offseason in preparation for the show in Novemwber as said.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You have an outstanding upper body. It may be just that you need your legs to match the same conditioning. What's the plan in preparation to the show in November?
    Team General Mills

01.05.2015: Chest/Biceps

Crushed it today! Flat smith press to start; 2 3/4 plates a side x 4 then 3 PPS for 1, both PRs. Set the tone for the rest of the workout I feel. Then incline dumbbell flye press (PR), dumbbell flat hex press superset plate hex press, single arm crossovers, high-low crossovers (no attachment), single arm alternate cable curls, ez bar curls superset plate curls, hammer curls to finish.

Prepped some meals for today, consisting of rice and beef mince x 4 meals with extra Virgin olive oil for fats and additional calories. Gotta make this offseason productive! Already got 2 weight gain shakes in today as well.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    You have an outstanding upper body. It may be just that you need your legs to match the same conditioning. What's the plan in preparation to the show in November?
    As you suggested, my wheels are the issue. Although good and improved, I'm gonna hit them twice a week with lots of weight and volume. I'm confident they can come in ripped/striated with a lot of size & detail by November!! Additionally, work on posing, as there is a model element to this show and the crowd pay to be entertained, not just hitting conventional bodybuilding poses.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How goes it?
    Team General Mills

Thought I'd share the back workout I did earlier:

Deadlifts 5 x 5 hit 180kg on last set (haven't done deadlifts for about a year so happy with this)

Barbell underhand grip Row 4 x 10

Underhand Lat Pulldown 12/10/8/5 reps drop set 10 reps last set

Hammer Low Rows (plate loaded-single arm)
    4 x 10

Kneeling EZ bar Pulldown superset dumbbell shrug
    4 x 10

Back annihilated (in a good way!) It's what the offseason's all about!!

Weight is up ATM; but need to be a lot more rigorous with calories and training my legs in order to come in stage ready in November.

27.06.2015: Hamstrings

Just got back from a great leg workout (hamstring focus). Intensity was high:

-leg press (feet higher to hit hamstrings)
    12/8/6/6 finishing on 6 3/4 plates a side final set

-smith squats (feet in front)
    3 x 10

-hack/leg press machine
    3 x 10 (progressively increasing weight)

-barbell stiff-leg deadlift
    12/12/8/8

-seated leg curl
    3 x 10

TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TailoredMuscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome to see somebody else competing at the same show! I'm looking to do muscle model but still cool to see!!

Looks like you naturally stay really lean, but you've managed to put on mass in the right places so far to bring an aesthetic look!

Being so tall it's probably been a challenge to bring up your legs so far. I find that a variety of rep ranges/exercises and doing legs twice a week really helps bring them up. If you can get the right amount of volume/intensity each session; you'll be able to train them twice a week, while still adding weight to your lifts consistently. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Jpidwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey

I'm competing November 14th to ... Are you aloud to enter the ametures with previous stage exsperiance ?