juicymom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Has anyone done Jamie Eason's Live Fit 12 week? Gaining weight!!

I started doing Jamie Eason's live fit trainer about 5 weeks ago because I had gained 10 pounds over the last year. I have followed it to a T, no sugar, limit carbs, plenty of protein 30/30/40. I have only missed 2 workouts in the five weeks. The problem is I have not lost any weight at all, in fact I have gained 3 pounds. She does not give calorie information, just an eating plan. For example 5 egg whites for breakfast, one serving of starch and unlimited veggetables. My rmr is around 1600 calories and I am eating maybe a little more than that 1800 or so. She said not to do any cardio for the first 4 weeks and I didn't, now adding in 30 min of cardio a day. What could possibly be going wrong??? Before I started this plan I was doing hours of cardio every day and limiting calories and did not loose weight that way either? Am I eating too much? I was seeing a trainer too before this program and he said I wasn't eating enough. So I have upped my calories and still not loosing weight. Very frustrated.... please help.

lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by juicymom View Post
    I started doing Jamie Eason's live fit trainer about 5 weeks ago because I had gained 10 pounds over the last year. I have followed it to a T, no sugar, limit carbs, plenty of protein 30/30/40. I have only missed 2 workouts in the five weeks. The problem is I have not lost any weight at all, in fact I have gained 3 pounds. She does not give calorie information, just an eating plan. For example 5 egg whites for breakfast, one serving of starch and unlimited veggetables. My rmr is around 1600 calories and I am eating maybe a little more than that 1800 or so. She said not to do any cardio for the first 4 weeks and I didn't, now adding in 30 min of cardio a day. What could possibly be going wrong??? Before I started this plan I was doing hours of cardio every day and limiting calories and did not loose weight that way either? Am I eating too much? I was seeing a trainer too before this program and he said I wasn't eating enough. So I have upped my calories and still not loosing weight. Very frustrated.... please help.
    The first four weeks when no cardio is included in the plan, it is because the focus is on building muscle. The weight you have gained is most likely mostly muscle. Gaining weight is just part of the muscle-building process. As you add in cardio, you should start seeing that added weight come off.
    But bear in mind, although I have not done all of the programs on this site, I would imagine most of them are geared at least in some way, shape, or form in gaining muscle (it is, bodybuilding.com, after all :-) ). If your sole focus is to lose weight, this site may or may not have the plan that you are really looking for.
    Just my experience.
    I did the same plan and remember feeling frustrated at that point as well. Keep at it.

As for losing weight in general, remember you're going to lose weight if calories in < calories out. Eating more calories does not make you lose weight. Your trainer may have wanted you to eat more, again, in an effort to build muscle.
    It is very possible that your counts could be off. What are you using to count?
    Food Scientist
    Former ballet dancer
    Wanting to see what this body is capable of!

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Throw Jamie Easons plan out the window. It's terrible

You're gaining weight because you're eating in a calorie surplus. What are you current stats?
    Are you weighing all your foods on a digital kitchen scale?
    If not you need to be.

lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    Throw Jamie Easons plan out the window. It's terrible

You're gaining weight because you're eating in a calorie surplus. What are you current stats?
    Are you weighing all your foods on a digital kitchen scale?
    If not you need to be.
    lol, well I wasn't going to say it, but yeah, I saw very little results with her plan.
    Food Scientist
    Former ballet dancer
    Wanting to see what this body is capable of!

juicymom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    loosing weight is not the goal necessarily, but that is the easiest way to track progress. My end goal is to tighten everything up, loose the body fat and hopefully that will be in a smaller package that will fit in my jeans.

Currently I weigh 145, I started this 12 week program weighing 142. I am 5'5" and 42 years old. I would love to be about 125 but that almost seems like an unobtainable goal right now since I can't seem to loos 5lbs.

I am measuring and weighing my food with a scale and tracking my calories on my fitness pal. I think I am pretty accurate with how many calories I'm eating but it is hard to make a whole recipe and then figure out how many calories per serving. I am eating normal portion sizes. If my BMR is 1600 then how many calories should I be eating a day if I am working out 5 or 6 days a week? Mostly weight training but at least 30 min of cardio thrown in with it.

vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhenley164 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jamie Eason plan is garbage. Too many isolation exercises, not enough compound work and too many bulls*it supplements.