Page 114 of 125 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 3735
    sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JealousFist View Post
    Hi everybody I think I know the answer to this but I just wanted to be sure. On this version of the routine it says the deload week is complete rest from the gym, does that mean no lifting at all instead of just the first set of 10 like before?
    It depends. We all seem to have a different approach. Some take a week off, some do the first set, some do light cardio and stretching, and some don't have a deload scheduled at all because life eventually forces everyone to "deload" for a few days or a week.

JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    It depends. We all seem to have a different approach. Some take a week off, some do the first set, some do light cardio and stretching, and some don't have a deload scheduled at all because life eventually forces everyone to "deload" for a few days or a week.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.
    My Kelei Style Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150088993&p=990181703#post990181703

chown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For those who follow this routine, everybody uses pauses reps or touch and go?

Because squatting twelve times with a pause give me some dizziness. Perhaps I have to squat, or even bench, with less wieght.

Do you guys feel this?

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chown View Post
    For those who follow this routine, everybody uses pauses reps or touch and go?

Because squatting twelve times with a pause give me some dizziness. Perhaps I have to squat, or even bench, with less wieght.

Do you guys feel this?
    It's not pause reps, it's rest pause. Look at the original post to see how it works.
    "In all things there is a poison and there is nothing without a poison. It depends only upon the dose whether a poison is a poison or not." ~ Paracelsus

Originally Posted by EmperorRyker View Post
    It's not pause reps, it's rest pause. Look at the original post to see how it works.
    Eish.. I've been doing all wrong.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chown View Post
    Eish.. I've been doing all wrong.
    Oh, haha. Sorry, but I had to laugh. I thought you're doing rest pauce with pause reps!

ewillers55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK, so Im in my third month of this, and I love the gains, but starting my fourth month Im DYING. No energy, or motivation. numbers stagnating and its harder to meet previous goals. I kinda feel like crying because Im so tired when I lift. Sincere feeling of dread. I take a full 7 days off every 4th week, but now Im thinking to go through a week of regular training except just with light weight. Good idea?

JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ewillers55 View Post
    OK, so Im in my third month of this, and I love the gains, but starting my fourth month Im DYING. No energy, or motivation. numbers stagnating and its harder to meet previous goals. I kinda feel like crying because Im so tired when I lift. Sincere feeling of dread. I take a full 7 days off every 4th week, but now Im thinking to go through a week of regular training except just with light weight. Good idea?
    It sounds like a problem with your diet maybe. Have you leaned out? You just might not be getting enough carbs to refuel your glycogen, that happened to me for a week or so. I felt a lot like what your describing. But im, for sure, no nutrition expert lol.
    My Kelei Style Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150088993&p=990181703#post990181703

ewillers55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JealousFist View Post
    It sounds like a problem with your diet maybe. Have you leaned out? You just might not be getting enough carbs to refuel your glycogen, that happened to me for a week or so. I felt a lot like what your describing. But im, for sure, no nutrition expert lol.
    i stopped taking creatine and protein my deload week, and just forgot about my diet during those days. now that Im thinking about it, I barely ate anything. Im gonna try and focus on the carbs.

SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is likely due to your diet like previously mentioned. What have you been doing with your body weight? Cut? Bulk? Recomp? How many carbs have you been eating? (this is likely where the main issue lies) Your actual food sources are extremely important as well and could help a lot (whole milk, whole eggs, and unprocessed meat are the best foods you can possibly eat, in addition to some other carb sources).

Oh, haha. Sorry, but I had to laugh. I thought you're doing rest pauce with pause reps!
    Only pause reps. But now I'll change that. Rest pause all the way.

Gains, I'm coming for you.

ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just so im clear:

There's not direct shoulder pressing movements in this routine? ie barbell OHP or dumbbell OHP?
    -Im assuming there isnt because the front delts get worked enough with all the chest pressing movements, and you dont want overdeveloped delts?

Actually how many times a week are you working side delts? I never thought about training them more than 2X a week but im curious to see what other people are doing
    Positive Crew
    Spring Cutters Crew

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ThomasBrah View Post

There's not direct shoulder pressing movements in this routine? ie barbell OHP or dumbbell OHP?
    -Im assuming there isnt because the front delts get worked enough with all the chest pressing movements, and you dont want overdeveloped delts?
    Correct, although I personally started to develop shoulder pain which went away when I starting overhead pressing again - I now include this lift in my workout, but that's just me - I would rather have overdeveloped delts if it means healthy shoulders

ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Alyion View Post
    Correct, although I personally started to develop shoulder pain which went away when I starting overhead pressing again - I now include this lift in my workout, but that's just me - I would rather have overdeveloped delts if it means healthy shoulders
    Thanks for the reply. I had overdeveloped shoulders a couple years ago and an underdeveloped chest. Stopped front delt exercises altogether and it's seemed to even out.

How many times are you guys working your side and rear delts every week?

Right now I'm doing rear delts 2X a week and side delts 3-4X's. This too much? I'd imagine you can't really have overdeveloped side delts.
    Positive Crew
    Spring Cutters Crew

Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joggeli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the exact same problem. For me, it was simply because this routine can get extremely boring very quickly. Doing the exact same 2-3 workouts 2x/week over and over again was just not my thing. I stopped looking forward to training after a few weeks. It just felt like tedious work.

That being said, I loved the results when I did this routine and I'm still trying to find a way to make it work for me.

Originally Posted by Joggeli View Post
    I had the exact same problem. For me, it was simply because this routine can get extremely boring very quickly. Doing the exact same 2-3 workouts 2x/week over and over again was just not my thing. I stopped looking forward to training after a few weeks. It just felt like tedious work.

That being said, I loved the results when I did this routine and I'm still trying to find a way to make it work for me.
    You can always change the lifts after a while if you get bored with them.

timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking for some advice from the more experienced guys in here.

A little background info: for like the past year I've been following a really volume workout combined with carb cycling, (abbreviated training inspired by Leangains.com and the book Beyond Brawn). I was focussing on the big three + chins and per week I've hit like 10 reps per exercise combined with extreme high intensity (based of 1 RM). Work capacity was (and is) obviously severely lacking, since I rested for like 5 minutes in between sets. I dropped the carb cycling and this workout regime and for the last week I've done the PPL as described in the OP and boy it was a humbling experience. From 10 reps on bench per week total to 60 per week total for a higher rep range + ~ 30 sec rest between sets was brutal, but I like it. My concerns are with what would be the best setup for someone on my level.

I've read through the older Kelei topics and a full body approach would be more appropiated for people that haven't met the strength guidelines he mentiones in these topics. Looking at those guidelines, I would be qualified as a beginner. My stats:

Bench: 0.85 x bw for 11 reps (I obviously lack conditioning, but I don't think that I would hit the required bw x 10 when I get used to this routine in a few weeks)

Front squat: never did them. Last week I tried them and I hit 0.72 x bw for 12 reps. Could have done more, but since my fingers/wrists fell like they would break I stopped after 12. Also in the follow up sets my grip was really the limiting factor. I'm still struggling to get my grip/form down, but I don't think that I would hit the 1.25 x BW x 10 reps front squat goal even when I get my grip down.

RDL: also never did them. Last week I did around bw x 10.

Would you guys advice me, since I'm not an intermediate as per Kelei's standards, to do a beginner PPL as described in the earlier Kelei thread? Or would you advice me just to continue with the PPL? Obviously I'm looking for the most efficient way to train. I know frequency is king for the less advanced lifter, so I'm kinda doubting my current routine. Any recommendations/comments would be appreciated.

mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone else getting burnt out doing rest pause with this? I've doing rest pause sets with 15-45 sec rest periods depending on the exercise for about 2-3 months now, but I'm just starting to feel unmotivated with training style. Does any one switch up their rep schemes/training style frequently?

smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smeyichou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mzakflip40 View Post
    Anyone else getting burnt out doing rest pause with this? I've doing rest pause sets with 15-45 sec rest periods depending on the exercise for about 2-3 months now, but I'm just starting to feel unmotivated with training style. Does any one switch up their rep schemes/training style frequently?
    Do you deload regularly?

Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^ And do you follow the OP's nutrition advice, etc.?

eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kelei Break from Rest Pause

If any of you would like to take a break from strict rest-pause training for a while I recommend the following guidelines:

- Pick a weight you can lift 8-12 times
    - Perform 3-5 sets per exercise
    - Rest 60 seconds between each set
    - Take each set to failure (as many full reps as possible, you shouldn't literally fail)
    - Add more weight once you can complete 12 reps in your first set.

This is a middleground between straight sets and rest-pause, you still spend plenty of time near failure but not to the same extent as proper rest-pause.
    Alan Aragon: http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2009/11/22/wisdom-wisecracks

Layne Norton: I've never added more than 12 lbs of muscle in a year and most years it was closer to 5 or less. But when you maintain that for over 10 years and you don't miss workouts, it's amazing what can happen

Originally Posted by timst View Post
    I'm looking for some advice from the more experienced guys in here.

Would you guys advice me, since I'm not an intermediate as per Kelei's standards, to do a beginner PPL as described in the earlier Kelei thread? Or would you advice me just to continue with the PPL? Obviously I'm looking for the most efficient way to train. I know frequency is king for the less advanced lifter, so I'm kinda doubting my current routine. Any recommendations/comments would be appreciated.
    What are your 1RMs? Bench, back squat, deadlift.

Originally Posted by mzakflip40 View Post
    Originally Posted by eriram View Post
    Kelei Break from Rest Pause

If any of you would like to take a break from strict rest-pause training for a while I recommend the following guidelines:

- Pick a weight you can lift 8-12 times
    - Perform 3-5 sets per exercise
    - Rest 60 seconds between each set
    - Take each set to failure (as many full reps as possible, you shouldn't literally fail)
    - Add more weight once you can complete 12 reps in your first set.

This is a middleground between straight sets and rest-pause, you still spend plenty of time near failure but not to the same extent as proper rest-pause.
    This is pretty much what I've been doing. There's some limited research to suggest that *perhaps* going to failure more often (through more sets) with less breaks, all else being equal (e.g. volume), is more beneficial for hypertrophy than doing the same volume but with fewer sets/failures. Personally, I remain unconvinced and, even if I was to be, I would shrug my shoulders and say 'meh.' Do whatever keeps you in the gym. For me, that means trying to get out fo the gym as quickly as possible, which with the addition of 15 min stretching + all my rehab exercises, becomes a challenge. So on push and pull days, I stretch my lower body in between sets and do my rehab exercises, resulting in a roughly 1 min break in between each set. So generally, my sets look like this: weight x 10/8/8/6/6/6/5

goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stopped reading at elbows flared upper chest no arch bench press

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by goatpecs View Post
    stopped reading at elbows flared upper chest no arch bench press
    ^^ Shame, you missed out on some excellent advice then - especially the part where he states that exercises are individual and can be substituted when needed.

...oh wait - that was before the bench press recommendation....

timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are your 1RMs? Bench, back squat, deadlift.
    Thanks for the reply. I've already decided to do a PPL.

I have another question for you guys. From monday - friday I train before I go to work. I have about 60-75 minutes to complete my workout. I've noticed that I can't finish my workout in time if I do 50 reps per exercise. For example on push day, I needed to skip my flys because I had no time to do them. Benching and incline benching took up way too much time to add another chest exercise, so I did some rope pulldowns and called it a day. For my back day I've noticed the same. If I do 50 reps per exercise, I can't finish my whole workout in time. On saturday and sunday I don't have this problem so on the weekends I'm doing 50 reps for all exercises. Time is no issue here.

So my question is: would you guys advice me to reduce the volume from monday to friday to 30/40 reps so I can do all exercises (and therefore have more variety?) Or should I just pick less exercises (for example leave the chest fly out of my program and stick to flat and incline bench) and pump out 50 reps for those? I've read about the importance of variety in the past topics, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think about this.

mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mzakflip40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone incorporate direct trap work into their pull day? (i.e shrugs)

goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50) goatpecs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Alyion View Post
    ^^ Shame, you missed out on some excellent advice then - especially the part where he states that exercises are individual and can be substituted when needed.

...oh wait - that was before the bench press recommendation....
    Sorry bro I value my rotator cuffs

TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TripleStack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed, I need a change-up. How many sets total per muscle group? And did I read that right - deload (no lifting) every 3 weeks? Lift 3 weeks / take 1 off?

Originally Posted by timst View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've already decided to do a PPL.

I have another question for you guys. From monday - friday I train before I go to work. I have about 60-75 minutes to complete my workout. I've noticed that I can't finish my workout in time if I do 50 reps per exercise. For example on push day, I needed to skip my flys because I had no time to do them. Benching and incline benching took up way too much time to add another chest exercise, so I did some rope pulldowns and called it a day. For my back day I've noticed the same. If I do 50 reps per exercise, I can't finish my whole workout in time. On saturday and sunday I don't have this problem so on the weekends I'm doing 50 reps for all exercises. Time is no issue here.

So my question is: would you guys advice me to reduce the volume from monday to friday to 30/40 reps so I can do all exercises (and therefore have more variety?) Or should I just pick less exercises (for example leave the chest fly out of my program and stick to flat and incline bench) and pump out 50 reps for those? I've read about the importance of variety in the past topics, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think about this.
    I ask again. What are your lift #s like?

Tendinosis in medial elbow. Freaking bummer. God, I hate getting old

Page 114 of 125 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast