Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3735
    Totinos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    This is just the standard routine posted by Kelei on the first page. So there's nothing to critique, really. Plus, context matters: goals, experience, etc.
    max
    Bench 5x135
    Squat 5x175

Been going for about 9 months now consistently, but no solid workout plan.
    Chest grew quite a bit (at ~39" now)
    But arms are really lacking
    11" relaxed and 12" flexed.
    My goal is to get my arms bigger.

Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Totinos View Post
    :

Day 1
    Widegrip Bench 4x10
    Incline Bench 4x10
    Flies/Crossovers 4x15
    Superset into tri pulldown 4x15
    Front Delts 4x15

Day 2
    Lat pulldown 4x10
    Seated Rows 4x10
    Reverse Flies 4x15
    Preacher Curls 4x15

Day 3
    RDL 4x10
    Front squat 4x10
    leg curls 4x15
    leg extension 4x15
    By what you have posted it sounds like to me you havent tried the workou yet. You will fail doing 4x10 . You will probably do x10 the first 2 sets, but you probably wont do another 10x2. You will most like do 5 reps and another 5 reps. I dont think you will last that long and that is what the workout is suppose to be like:

Exampe 40 reps goal. You have to do as many reps as you can!!!! If you can do 10 and feel like you can do 2 more, then do it! You have to fail, that is what the point on this workout! Then you do another another set , this time you probably will do same or do a bit lower. and then it contiues until you have done the rep goal you wanted it to be, in this case 40. Forget about sets, you haven't read the routine that well I hear.

Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    looking at this program and since I only have a barbell, pull up bar and less than 30 lbs of db this is what I was looking at. Obviously I am limited as I workout as home and have limited equipment but the essential equipment to do everything.

Legs:
    Back Squats (thighs)
    Front Squats (inner thighs)
    Barbell Step ups (upper thighs)
    Romanian Deadlift (legs and back)

Pull:
    Pull Ups (lats)
    Barbell row
    Reverse Flyes (real delts)
    Seated close grip concentrated curl (outer and lower biceps)

Push:
    Wide grip Bench (outer pecs)
    Incline Bench (upper pecs)
    Close Grip Bench (inner pecs and triceps)
    Skull Crushers (triceps)

Does that look ok? I thinking to start I will go with 34 reps each exercise and go from there.
    Last edited by Aspenextreme03; 03-07-2016 at 06:48 PM.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Aspenextreme03 View Post
    looking at this program and since I only have a barbell, pull up bar and less than 30 lbs of db this is what I was looking at. Obviously I am limited as I workout as home and have limited equipment but the essential equipment to do everything.

Legs:
    Back Squats (thighs)
    Front Squats (inner thighs)
    Barbell Step ups (upper thighs)
    Romanian Deadlift (legs and back)

Pull:
    Pull Ups (lats)
    Barbell row
    Reverse Flyes (real delts)
    Seated close grip concentrated curl (outer and lower biceps)

Push:
    Wide grip Bench (outer pecs)
    Incline Bench (upper pecs)
    Close Grip Bench (inner pecs and triceps)
    Skull Crushers (triceps)

Does that look ok? I thinking to start I will go with 34 reps each exercise and go from there.
    lol, why 34 reps and not 33 or 35?

Your assessment of squats is not correct. It's not thigh and inner thigh. It's more like posterior half (hamstring and glutes) vs quads (but both exercises work all these muscle groups).

And personally, I'm not a fan of doing both front and back squats (at proper form below parallel) twice in a week in a volume program once lifting more than 1.5 or 2 times your bodyweight. Too much recovery needed. But that's just me.

Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aspenextreme03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe I will make it 37 reps just to make it interesting. thanks for the advise on the squats and yes I have proper form even if it means I am lifting less weigh currently.

lol, why 34 reps and not 33 or 35?

Your assessment of squats is not correct. It's not thigh and inner thigh. It's more like posterior half (hamstring and glutes) vs quads (but both exercises work all these muscle groups).

And personally, I'm not a fan of doing both front and back squats (at proper form below parallel) twice in a week in a volume program once lifting more than 1.5 or 2 times your bodyweight. Too much recovery needed. But that's just me.

Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100) Rebinho is not very well liked. (-100)
    He says high frequency for calves abs and side delts.

But then he says for calves and abs double or triple that number of reps..... So side delts? HOw many reps are we going to do with side delts?

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rebinho View Post
    He says high frequency for calves abs and side delts.

But then he says for calves and abs double or triple that number of reps..... So side delts? HOw many reps are we going to do with side delts?
    How much can you squat, either back or front?

DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoIevenEat75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when i hit 12 reps at my first set,do i add weight next set or next workout?

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ Next workout.

as an aside, I have recently started performing seated overhead press in my workout lately, and i've gotta say my shoulder issues have gotten a hell of a lot better - maybe its my bio mechanics, or maybe coincidence - but something worth mentioning.

camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) camenskill247 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Someone with a lot of experience with this program can you please message me or something? Have a few questions.

chown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by camenskill247 View Post
    Someone with a lot of experience with this program can you please message me or something? Have a few questions.
    Perhaps if you ask here will it help everybody who have the same doughts.

Originally Posted by Alyion View Post
    ^^^ Next workout.

as an aside, I have recently started performing seated overhead press in my workout lately, and i've gotta say my shoulder issues have gotten a hell of a lot better - maybe its my bio mechanics, or maybe coincidence - but something worth mentioning.
    What were your shoulder issues?

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ felt like a impingement in my left shoulder - flat bench slightly hurt and dips were impossible - couldn't even do a single one at bodyweight. After a few sessions of overhead pressing work my shoulder is 90% back to normal

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ felt like a impingement in my left shoulder - flat bench slightly hurt and dips were impossible - couldn't even do a single one at bodyweight. After a few sessions of overhead pressing work my shoulder is 90% back to normal
    now the premise behind avoiding shoulder press with bbing goals according to Kelei is that it offers no benefit for stimulating the muscle to achieve the look, that makes sense

but can ignoring a movement pattern of the joint/girdle cause problems that might set you back,regardless of goals ----> that is the real question and I believe it should not be avoided
    Last edited by atgbrahsrs; 03-17-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

snikolov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nerynery View Post
    For those of you who want to run this routine but are still at beginner/early-intermediate level, or can just go 4 days/week to the gym, I would advice running an Upper Lower instead of PPL, something like:

Upper:
    1-Bench Press
    2-Pull-ups (Assisted or Lat Pulldown if you can't complete 8 BW Reps)
    3-15-30º Incl DB Press
    4-Seated Rows / DB Horizontal Rows
    5-DB Lateral Raises (2-sec pause at top)
    6-Tricep Pressdown
    7-Bicep Curl
    8-Reverse Flyes / Face Pulls

Lower:
    1-Front Squats / High-bar Squats
    2-Romanian Deadlifts
    3-Leg Extension
    4-Leg Curl
    5-Standing Calf
    6-Seated Calf
    7-Ab-Rollouts / Planks

All Rest-Paused to 30 or 40 reps. Calfs to 50-80, Abs 30-60
    Is this a good routine for 4 days Upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest/rest or i should added more excersises?

jadusingh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am following a Push Pull Legs Program
    Input would be greatly appreciated
    Schedule: Push Pull Legs Rest Repeat

Push: Mostly Use Mostly Dumbbells to Ensure Equal Development
    Flat Press 3-6x3-5
    Shoulder Press 4-6x5-8
    Incline Press 3-5x6-8
    Fly 3-5x8-12
    Side Raises 3x10-15
    Tricep Pushdown 3x10-15

Pull:
    Deadlift 3-6x3-5
    Pull Up Neutral Grip 4-6x5-8
    Bent Over Row/ T-Bar Row 3-5x6-8
    Wide Lat Pulldown 3-5x8-12
    Dumbbell Row/ Seated Cable Row 3x10-15
    Curl 3x10-15

Legs:
    Back/Front Squat 3-6x3-5
    Romanian Deadlift 4-6x5-8
    Leg Press 3-5x6-8
    Lunges 3-5x8-12
    Leg Extension 3x10-15
    Leg Curl 3x10-15

Any Suggestion Would be Greatly appreciated.
    ig: @njadusingh

Originally Posted by jadusingh123 View Post
    I am following a Push Pull Legs Program
    Input would be greatly appreciated
    Schedule: Push Pull Legs Rest Repeat

Push: Mostly Use Mostly Dumbbells to Ensure Equal Development
    Flat Press 3-6x3-5
    Shoulder Press 4-6x5-8
    Incline Press 3-5x6-8
    Fly 3-5x8-12
    Side Raises 3x10-15
    Tricep Pushdown 3x10-15

Pull:
    Deadlift 3-6x3-5
    Pull Up Neutral Grip 4-6x5-8
    Bent Over Row/ T-Bar Row 3-5x6-8
    Wide Lat Pulldown 3-5x8-12
    Dumbbell Row/ Seated Cable Row 3x10-15
    Curl 3x10-15

Legs:
    Back/Front Squat 3-6x3-5
    Romanian Deadlift 4-6x5-8
    Leg Press 3-5x6-8
    Lunges 3-5x8-12
    Leg Extension 3x10-15
    Leg Curl 3x10-15

Any Suggestion Would be Greatly appreciated.
    ig: @njadusingh
    What's ##-## x ##-## (e.g. 3-6 x 3-5)?
    And you've taken a routine very similar to what Kelei has posted and reposted it. What is there to suggest? Except for...
    * If you're a novice, which I think you are, you don't really need to worry about "equal development"
    * If you're training 6 days a week (or going through each routine twice a week), then there's no reason to put the conventional deadlift in there as your body will take a beating from the front squats, RDL, and all the other exercises combined (assuming ##-##x##-## means you're doing at least 60-70 reps per exercise each week).
    * Kelei would also argue that you don't need the shoulder press. I have no comment on this.

I am at six week at this program. So far so good. But I still train like a powerlifter and not like bodybuilding. I have to change the mindset. The focus can't be the weight, but the quality of the movement. The ego is very bad in this program. It will be hard.

milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chown View Post
    I am at six week at this program. So far so good. But I still train like a powerlifter and not like bodybuilding. I have to change the mindset. The focus can't be the weight, but the quality of the movement. The ego is very bad in this program. It will be hard.
    I've been focusing on the weight as well. I didn't realize (or forgot) that was the difference between the two. In my mind if I'm not increasing my weights I won't get increase in size.

It's just weights. Just do it. No reason to be dramatic about it

Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nove20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys.I started lifting in September 2015 with a 5 day bro split.From January I switched to a full body 3 X a week.I would really appreciate some advices and criticism on my workout.

Monday:
    Chin ups 3x 7-8
    Standing Military press 3x10
    Dumbbell curls 3x10
    Incline dumbbell press 3x10
    Cable tricep extension 3x10

Wednesday:
    Squats 3x10
    Deadlift 3x10
    Barbell bench press 3x10
    Skullcrushers 3x10
    Ez bar curls 3x10

Friday:

Squats 3x10
    Barbell bench press 3x10
    Dips 3x10
    Dumbbell bent over row 3x10
    Abs 6x15-20

Originally Posted by Nove20 View Post
    Hey guys.I started lifting in September 2015 with a 5 day bro split.From January I switched to a full body 3 X a week.I would really appreciate some advices and criticism on my workout.

Monday:
    Chin ups 3x 7-8
    Standing Military press 3x10
    Dumbbell curls 3x10
    Incline dumbbell press 3x10
    Cable tricep extension 3x10

Wednesday:
    Squats 3x10
    Deadlift 3x10
    Barbell bench press 3x10
    Skullcrushers 3x10
    Ez bar curls 3x10

Friday:

Squats 3x10
    Barbell bench press 3x10
    Dips 3x10
    Dumbbell bent over row 3x10
    Abs 6x15-20
    WHy are people posting their random workouts here? Read the OP. This thread is about Kelei's routine.
    Post your workout as its own thread and see what you get, though I suspect you wont' get much especially because you provide no details about your goals, how much you can lift at the moment, and other relevant details.

Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    WHy are people posting their random workouts here? Read the OP. This thread is about Kelei's routine.
    Post your workout as its own thread and see what you get, though I suspect you wont' get much especially because you provide no details about your goals, how much you can lift at the moment, and other relevant details.
    Pretty much this. I've been into lurkmode for quite a while again, and the only stuff I see is routines TOTALLY other than Kelei's being posted for review. Watisdis.jpg.
    "The best BOSU ball workout is one max rep of throwing it across the gym so you have place to deadlift". - Chris Shugart

Team Kelei - Doin Work! standalj's Avatar
    standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello all. I hope your workouts are going well. After being away from the gym for about a year and a half I am happy to report I am back at it. I've lost all that I previously gained. Strength and stamina is back to beginner levels and as such I am following that routine. My body fat went from under 11 to under 15. I have quite the challenge to get back to where I was, but thankfully I know how to get back there. Time and dedication.

I was thinking doing something like this: 10 sets of 5 reps one day and 5 sets of 10 reps other day. The five rep range it would be a heavy day and the ten reps range it will be a medium day. Doing this to back squat and bench press. The other lifts stay as planned.

It make sense or not? This way I can work my strength maintaining the volume. And I don't like to do high reps, I prefer low reps.

^^ Well anything will work if you push yourself and stick to it, but it kinda runs against the idea of the routine - Kelei would claim that you would just be adapting to the average of the stimulus (so something like 60-70% of 1rm) and that you would be better off just grinding on with the 70% work. The 5 sets of 10 just seems like pump work for extra volume - this is fine if you need the extra volume, but for most just simply increasing overall strength will do far more for hypertrophy.

^^ Well anything will work if you push yourself and stick to it, but it kinda runs against the idea of the routine - Kelei would claim that you would just be adapting to the average of the stimulus (so something like 60-70% of 1rm) and that you would be better off just grinding on with the 70% work. The 5 sets of 10 just seems like pump work for extra volume - this is fine if you need the extra volume, but for most just simply increasing overall strength will do far more for hypertrophy.
    I know it runs a little bit different but I'll still mantain the volume. Well, if I use 75% for sets of 5 and 70% for sets of 10, will have something like 72% work done in a week. Isn't the volume more important that the way I'll obtain the volume? (sets vs reps)

Isn't the volume more important that the way I'll obtain the volume? (sets vs reps)
    It can be - if you are already pretty strong. For example getting your bench to 3 plates for 12 will do far more than benching one plate with lots of volume, but when you can bench 3 plates for 12 then strength gains are gonna slow the hell down - focusing on volume gains over weight on the bar will be the better cause of action from then on.

It can be - if you are already pretty strong. For example getting your bench to 3 plates for 12 will do far more than benching one plate with lots of volume, but when you can bench 3 plates for 12 then strength gains are gonna slow the hell down - focusing on volume gains over weight on the bar will be the better cause of action from then on.
    At this point I can't bench two plates for 12 reps. Maybe for 5, I think. But using the 10x5 I can lift more weight then using the first set for 12 reps. Let see, I can do in first Push workout one set for 10/12 reps and use it for progression overall. At the second push workout doing 10x5 using more weight, but respecting the volume.

This way I lift more weight and at end of the week I mantaine same volume. I still respect this routine.

JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JealousFist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi everybody I think I know the answer to this but I just wanted to be sure. On this version of the routine it says the deload week is complete rest from the gym, does that mean no lifting at all instead of just the first set of 10 like before?
    My Kelei Style Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150088993&p=990181703#post990181703

Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast