Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

cherrygarcias fat loss diary...378lbs never again!

Hello all, glad to be here, I am female, 34yrs old and trying to get my life back.

Long story short have been big all my life, lost some weight twice before and life happened and each time gained it all back and more.

This time I am trying to do it in a sensible and more importantly sustainable way with clean eating and exercise.

I started last august and have lost 47pounds since, I'm now down to 331lbs, still a long way to go.

Nutritionwise, I currently eat 3 meals a day, sensible portions (not calorie counting yet), mostly wholesome home cooked meals (avoiding junk food), quit sugar 6 months ago.

Exercisewise, started swimming 4-5 times a week early this year, then as of 3 weeks ago joined the gym working out 5-6 times a week mixing up cardio, weight training and swimming.

I hope for this to be the journey of 1000 miles that begins with one step...I want to get to a healthy weight and be able to do all the things in life that I've ever wanted to do without the weight holding me back.

This is my first post ever on here so i hope i did it right, and thanks for passing by
    Last edited by cherrygarcia80; 02-24-2015 at 11:51 PM.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Today's log:

Exercise: 40mins strength training, 40mins elliptical machine

Food:
    Breakfast: today was one of the rare days i skipped this as was running late

Lunch: potatoes with stewed chicken, kale, pawpaw

Dinner: potatoes with stewed beef, peas, scoop of protein powder (didn't manage to get in veges).

Notes: I had gotten used to going to the gym at off peak hours (when it's emptier) and all has been going well with those workouts for the past 3 weeks. Today was running late and so had to go in the evening (peak hours)...the gym was packed! Not a very good experience and some of that "gym intimidation" started creeping in again but i managed to go through my entire workout. Now I know to avoid peak hours if possible.

Yesterday did not manage to make it to the gym but made sure to eat right, ie, sensible portions of my meals.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with milk, pawpaw, 1 scoop whey
    Lunch: polenta with beef stew and cabbage.
    Dinner: Turkey sandwich with salad

Today I'm abit nervous, getting ready to go for my drs follow up appointment. Last week i learnt that despite all my dietary changes and weight loss so far that I still have high blood pressure....which makes me not even want to know what it was before I started this journey sigh. Also got blood taken for a variety of tests so will find out those results today too.

The good news is I woke up, stepped on the scale and after a 4 week plateau (which damn nearly broke me down wondering what the point of working so hard eating right/exercising is), ...anyway, i finally broke the 330 barrier and down to 328 which made me really happy. Last time i weighed below 330 was over 3 years ago. Which now brings me to a weightloss total of 50lbs!!!!

My next major goal is to get below 300 (haven't been below that since high school)
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Today did:

- warmup, 1 hour weight training (chest press, back extensions, lat pull downs, triceps, biceps, modified lunges, knee ups) (i weight train 3 times a week full body still a noob so i'm sure this may not be considered optimal but for me at this weight and point in time is working for me so far).

------------------------------------

Wow, talk about kicking you when your down. I thought I was just going to the drs about high blood pressure. My test results are out and learned that my uric acid is high, my cholesterol is borderline high and my high blood pressure is still...high! Arrrggghhh! So for the first time in my life taking 3 medications, one for each of those problems.

- I now can see (looking back) that my uric acid is high because I had upped my protein by alot (whey) especially these past 4 weeks or so...so i'm dropping whey completely for now. The reason I went to see the dr in the first place was because my left ankle (and sometimes) knee were very stiff/paining on waking...and these results are the outcome of the tests done. I basically have gout (always thought it had more to do with alcohol intake) yet I don't even drink, sigh. I guess it is what it is.

- Cholesterol wise I'm going to switch my protein sources to mostly vegetarian and occasionally fish and chicken for now.

- For the high blood pressure I guess I can only keep at what i've been doing ie eating right and exercising.

It really sucks. 50lbs down today and this is what I discover today. But I think now that it has all sunk in all I can do is accept and move on. I am to take these 3 meds for 2 weeks and go back for a review....(at which point I hope will not have to take them anymore...wishful thinking i guess).

The initial reason i went to see the doc was because my left ankle has been very stiff on waking up in the mornings and after long periods of rest/sitting down, and more recently in addition pain in my knee when climbing steps. I thought the issue would be mechanical...rather than biochemical. I guess having lived the unhealthy lifestyle that I did all my life really had to catchup with me at some point. I just keep thinking that if this is how things are now...what was it like 6months ago when i was still sedentary and eating junk? sigh. I shall be positive about this, it's just abit of a setback but if I keep at it all will be well.

My biggest concern is that I don't know what the implications of taking all these meds are in regards to me going hard at the gym as I was before. So i'm thinking I may have to cut back/go easy on the gym for the next 2 weeks untill my next drs review in 2 weeks.

=================
    =================
    =================

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your screen name seems so familiar, were you ever on any other weightloss forums?

Also sorry about the Dr's appt. I don't think you long be on the medication if you keep the weght loss going as you are. so you've something to look forward to and aim for.

Originally Posted by kureransu View Post
    your screen name seems so familiar, were you ever on any other weightloss forums?

Also sorry about the Dr's appt. I don't think you long be on the medication if you keep the weght loss going as you are. so you've something to look forward to and aim for.
    OMG!!! Kureransu is that you in that avatar??? Dude you are ripped!!! You look amazing!

Yes! I was on another forum (not sure if i'm allowed to mention it) but anyway yep that was me where i kept a diary and kept my same screen name! I remember you because you were always very kind dropping in on my diary to encourage me....and also could identify with you if i remember correctly you were over 300 at the time and you are down to how much? Wow just wow.

You are a living testament to what dedication, discipline and persistence is. At that time (6yrs ago cringe!) i lost about 50lbs but years went by i put it all back and more all the way upto 378 sigh! So i'm further back now than i was back then. Seeing you now lets me know that had i stuck to that journey then i could have been at my goal a long time ago.

But i have to keep reminding myself that the past cannot be changed, what i can change is the here and now and so i'll keep chugging on. You are an inspiration as to where i can be in afew years if i stay on course.

Hats off to you! That is a job phenomenally done!
    =================
    =================

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    OMG!!! Kureransu is that you in that avatar??? Dude you are ripped!!! You look amazing!

Yes! I was on another forum (not sure if i'm allowed to mention it) but anyway yep that was me where i kept a diary and kept my same screen name! I remember you because you were always very kind dropping in on my diary to encourage me....and also could identify with you if i remember correctly you were over 300 at the time and you are down to how much? Wow just wow.

You are a living testament to what dedication, discipline and persistence is. At that time (6yrs ago cringe!) i lost about 50lbs but years went by i put it all back and more all the way upto 378 sigh! So i'm further back now than i was back then. Seeing you now lets me know that had i stuck to that journey then i could have been at my goal a long time ago.

But i have to keep reminding myself that the past cannot be changed, what i can change is the here and now and so i'll keep chugging on. You are an inspiration as to where i can be in afew years if i stay on course.

Hats off to you! That is a job phenomenally done!
    Yup that's me! these days i sit at 210-220 in winter and 195-205 in warmer months. I wish you luck and great success this time around!

GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GravyVeins is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^^^^^^^^ That was a cool exchange.
    7/09/14 - 250 lbs
    5/02/15 - 176.2 lbs
    7/31/15 - 187.8 lbs

Losing Fat Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162925161&page=22

Originally Posted by kureransu View Post
    Yup that's me! these days i sit at 210-220 in winter and 195-205 in warmer months. I wish you luck and great success this time around!
    Wow, was great reconnecting with you. Thanks for the luck, I'll surely need it And all the best to you as well!

Originally Posted by GravyVeins View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^ That was a cool exchange.
    I know right? I thought to keep the same screen name but didn't think i'd bump into anyone from elsewhere before lol!
    =================
    =================

Todays log will be abit different. I started on the 3 meds I was prescribed last night, started feeling quesy, today walk up to a killer headache and throwing up, haven't been able to keep anything down all day.

The past few months with eating right and exercising I have been feeling fit as a fiddle (even at my weight), haven't had a headache or thrown up in months. And yet within hours of taking medication that is allegedly supposed to make me better I am now sicker than ever.

I have decided that I will not continue with this medication...if this is modern medicine then I do not want it, I cannot function and have been in bed all day in pain. I will continue to eat healthy and exercise and see what my next drs review is in 2 weeks, if there is an improvement with what i've been doing then i will keep at it. If there has been no improvement then maybe i'll ask him to change the meds.

But for now this is just crazy, the "meds" that are meant to make me well are making me feel absolutely horrible.

I did not mean for this to be a medical journal, but i hope to someday look back and see where i have come from. I normally log exercise and food but with the kind of day i've had i haven't left my bed and i've only just been able to keep down a slice of toast (after violently throwing up everything else earlier).

Hopefully a better update tomorrow.
    =================
    =================

Still down and out, this time round with a horrible cough....hoping to get back here once i'm feeling abit better. Haven't been able to eat enough as it's hard keeping things down with all the coughing. Once i'm done with the antibiotics (friday), food and workouts shall resume back to normal.
    =================
    =================

wow, back after 10 days of sickness, it really sucks being sick but i'm all better now ready to continue on this journey.

Exercise:
    30mins treadmill walking on incline, 30mins elliptical

Food:
    Breakfast: 2 weetabix with milk

Lunch: 2 eggs, lettuce, low fat yoghurt with fruit.

Dinner: 2 weetabix with milk, banana
    Last edited by cherrygarcia80; 03-08-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    =================
    =================

Exercise:
    1hour weight training (lat pull downs, chest press, back extension, tricep pulldowns, lunges, squats, knee raises), 40mins elliptical, 30mins recumbent bike

Food:
    B: 2 weetabix with milk, banana, pawpaw, scoop of whey

L: cabbage, rice

D: grilled chicken, chips
    =================
    =================

Exercise:
    1 hour swimming

Food:
    B: sweet potato, cup of tea, scoop of whey

L: grilled chicken breast salad sandwich

D: grilled chicken with chips (second day in a row having chips, not good, will work on it).

I seem to have become abit obsessed with the scale and that's not a good thing. I want to start weighing only once a week otherwise i'll go crazy if it keeps giving me repeat readings. It took me my entire life to gain all this weight so I should not expect it to all go in a matter of weeks or months.
    Last edited by cherrygarcia80; 03-10-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    =================
    =================

team2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) team2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) team2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) team2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It might be more optimal to have a more balanced diet and set a daily calorie and protein goal based on your weight. I hate the idea of working my ass off lifting and doing cardio for months on end and not maximize my fat loss due to a screwed up diet. If I put the work in by exercising then I want to lose the fat as fast as possible. Optimize, Optimize, Optimize. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but under-eating by a large deficit would increase muscle loss more so than fat loss. Ideally you want to preserve muscle mass. Keep up the effort but maximize and optimize what you're doing. You'll get there faster.

Originally Posted by team2008 View Post
    It might be more optimal to have a more balanced diet and set a daily calorie and protein goal based on your weight. I hate the idea of working my ass off lifting and doing cardio for months on end and not maximize my fat loss due to a screwed up diet. If I put the work in by exercising then I want to lose the fat as fast as possible. Optimize, Optimize, Optimize. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but under-eating by a large deficit would increase muscle loss more so than fat loss. Ideally you want to preserve muscle mass. Keep up the effort but maximize and optimize what you're doing. You'll get there faster.
    Thanks for this team2008 I've really been considering counting calories but it always in the past felt so "dietlike" which is how i decided this time to just eat sensible portions.

However I have noticed I am loosing at a very slow rate especially with the workouts i am doing and eating right....that I think I will just have to start counting calories because something isn't right. I tried plugging in what i ate afew days ago on myfitnesspal and it was grossly under (even though portionwise i thought i was doing the right thing), so I think I will start using myfitnesspal....it says I should be eating 2200cals a day, i think i was previously eating less than 1500. So will start aiming for the given rate.

Just as you say I would rather work smart ie optimize optimize optimize.....rather than do what i've been doing which is giving 100% and not seeing results in return.
    =================
    =================

Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    Today did:

- warmup, 1 hour weight training (chest press, back extensions, lat pull downs, triceps, biceps, modified lunges, knee ups) (i weight train 3 times a week full body still a noob so i'm sure this may not be considered optimal but for me at this weight and point in time is working for me so far).

------------------------------------

Wow, talk about kicking you when your down. I thought I was just going to the drs about high blood pressure. My test results are out and learned that my uric acid is high, my cholesterol is borderline high and my high blood pressure is still...high! Arrrggghhh! So for the first time in my life taking 3 medications, one for each of those problems.

- I now can see (looking back) that my uric acid is high because I had upped my protein by alot (whey) especially these past 4 weeks or so...so i'm dropping whey completely for now. The reason I went to see the dr in the first place was because my left ankle (and sometimes) knee were very stiff/paining on waking...and these results are the outcome of the tests done. I basically have gout (always thought it had more to do with alcohol intake) yet I don't even drink, sigh. I guess it is what it is.

- Cholesterol wise I'm going to switch my protein sources to mostly vegetarian and occasionally fish and chicken for now.

- For the high blood pressure I guess I can only keep at what i've been doing ie eating right and exercising.

It really sucks. 50lbs down today and this is what I discover today. But I think now that it has all sunk in all I can do is accept and move on. I am to take these 3 meds for 2 weeks and go back for a review....(at which point I hope will not have to take them anymore...wishful thinking i guess).

The initial reason i went to see the doc was because my left ankle has been very stiff on waking up in the mornings and after long periods of rest/sitting down, and more recently in addition pain in my knee when climbing steps. I thought the issue would be mechanical...rather than biochemical. I guess having lived the unhealthy lifestyle that I did all my life really had to catchup with me at some point. I just keep thinking that if this is how things are now...what was it like 6months ago when i was still sedentary and eating junk? sigh. I shall be positive about this, it's just abit of a setback but if I keep at it all will be well.

My biggest concern is that I don't know what the implications of taking all these meds are in regards to me going hard at the gym as I was before. So i'm thinking I may have to cut back/go easy on the gym for the next 2 weeks untill my next drs review in 2 weeks.

=================
    I'm not doctor, but are you taking medication to treat symptoms or to cure disease? It seems like all three of those biomarkers are a condition of nutrition, and if you eat a more nutritious diet, you won't need to worry about cholesterol or blood pressure. Uric acid? I've been on these forums for 9 months, and I haven't heard any bodybuilder eating 200g+ of protein per day complaining about uric acid problems.

I highly recommend fish oil supplements, which can lower you blood pressure, among other things.
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

Originally Posted by Gen1GT View Post
    I'm not doctor, but are you taking medication to treat symptoms or to cure disease? It seems like all three of those biomarkers are a condition of nutrition, and if you eat a more nutritious diet, you won't need to worry about cholesterol or blood pressure. Uric acid? I've been on these forums for 9 months, and I haven't heard any bodybuilder eating 200g+ of protein per day complaining about uric acid problems.

I highly recommend fish oil supplements, which can lower you blood pressure, among other things.
    @Gen1GT: thanks for stopping by And thanks for letting me know that you've never seen a case of high uric acid on the forums even with really high protein intake, I needed to hear that. I had been researching myself wondering what on earth could be the cause, then finally found out afew days ago that it had to do with some HBP water pills (for water retention) that I had been taking for a couple of months, apparently increase in uric acid is one of the side effects....I have since discontinued those, coupled with sound nutrition and have started taking my whey once again.

Since going to the doctors I have become alot more aware of what I am eating and striving to eat clean, and have since began to see the benefits healthwise so will keep at it. I also started taking fish oil daily since that time as well.
    =================
    =================

Today was interesting, a lady who I've never spoken to at the gym walked up to me and said "You've lost weight!"....I was really surprised as I didn't think anyone had noticed, plus when I look in the mirror I just see same ol me. The number on the scale hasn't been moving much but I noticed my body measurements have which is interesting. I guess I'll keep on keeping on....I must be doing something right.

Exercise:
    1 hour weight training, 15mins elliptical, 30mins recumbent bike

Food:
    B: 2 eggs, 2 toast, cup of tea, 2 mini yoghurts

L: bean casserole with beef strips, kale, mini yoghurt

D: sweet potato, beef strips, mini yoghurt
    Last edited by cherrygarcia80; 03-11-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    =================
    =================

Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you still rocking it, OP?
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

Goodness, I haven't been here in a month! Thanks very much Gen1GT for checking in on me

Update:
    I have been down in the dumps as i have been in a plateau for months (apart from the brief stint when i was sick and lost and gained back some water weight).....this has been frustrating me so much so especially when i was still busting my ass at the gym 5-6days a week. I started to think something was very wrong.

For some reason (laziness, craziness who knows lol), i just could not bring myself to count calories! I kept thinking my portions look okay and so i should be fine and still no weight loss, looking back now i see that my portions were okay but i was adding alot of extra fat calories (peanut butter, coconut oil olive oil etc) which i think is what was taking things over the top.

As of 5 days ago i started counting calories and have lost 5 pounds already, it's absolutely crazy, my weight has gone down in the last 5 days a little each day and i want to slap myself silly wondering why i didn't start earlier. That was how i was able to identify i was eating too much fat. Now i'm incorporating everything i eat but within my cals.

----
    According to myfitnesspal i'm supposed to eat 1950 cals at my current weight of 327 pounds.....and can eat more on the days i workout. So far the stats of the week:

7/4/15: 2564cals (332 pounds)
    8/4/15: 2127cals (329 pounds)
    9/4/15: 1728cals (328 pounds)
    10/4/15: 1588cals (327 pounds)

I want to start weighing only once or at most twice a week to prevent discouragement on days when the scale may fluctuate. Secondly I want to try and be eating as close to 1900cals as possible so that as time goes i have room to reduce cals.

I hope i can stick to logging here on a daily basis now that i am rejuvenated on this journey (i log in an excel sheet daily but i like that there is community spirit here to help each other on
    =================
    =================

shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10) shikimate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on overcoming your weight loss plateau!
    Weighing everything can seem really daunting at first, I really understand this feeling.

Definitely "in".

Originally Posted by shikimate View Post
    Congrats on overcoming your weight loss plateau!
    Weighing everything can seem really daunting at first, I really understand this feeling.

Definitely "in".
    Thanks for checking in shikimate! You're so right measuring everything feels like so much work initially, but afew days in I am now getting the hang of it as I know it's keeping me in check.
    =================
    =================

Have logged in my cals for the day totalling 2172cals.

I worked out today, did about 30mins strength training and 30mins swimming. I was feeling pretty tired and worn so will rest tomorrow and go back to the gym on monday.
    =================
    =================

Yesterday was a rest day, ate 2065cals

Today ate 1968cals
    Todays workout:

30mins elliptical
    30mins recumbent bike
    40mins strength training:- back extension, chest press, lat pulldowns, leg press, tricep pulldowns, dumbell rows, calf raises

Tomorrow will be a swimming day.

In other news my digital scale broke today, sigh! Maybe it's a sign that i shouldn't be weighing myself every freakin day (no matter how hard i try not to), I have a mechanical bathroom scale from back in the day but not as accurate. I want to see if i can wait a couple of weeks before buying a new digital scale. Maybe it'll help with not obsessing about the numbers.
    =================
    =================

My scale is still broken and i'm currently experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms from not being able to weigh with it....i realise now i was obessing over the numbers too now. I'm trying to go for my first week ever without weighing and hoping i make it (have a bathroom mechanical scale not so accurate). It took a lifetime to put on all this weight so i should not expect it to just evaporate overnight.

As of today have counted cals for a full week and now getting used to it and hope to make this a way of life, daily goal is 2050cals:

07/04/2015 2564
    08/04/2015 2127
    09/04/2015 1728
    10/04/2015 1588
    11/04/2015 2172
    12/04/2015 2065
    13/04/2015 1968
    14/04/2015 2013

Exercise: Still working out 5-6days a week mostly 3 days strength training and 3 days cardio (mostly swimming).
    Today did strength training: (back extension, chest press, lat pulldowns, leg press, tricep pulldowns, dumbell rows, bicep curls)
    and 40mins recumbent bike
    =================
    =================

Still continuing to count cals, I'm still shooting for about 2045 a day....but I don't think I'm loosing weight (using a mechanical bathroom scale since my digital one broke so it's usually off by a pound or two).

I'm thinking of dropping my cals down to about 1900 in afew days time if things are still not budging.

On the workouts all is going well. I still workout 5-6 times a week doing 3 days of strength training and 3 days of cardio.

I deadlifted for the first time ever this week (after watching numerous form videos), I felt really proud of myself and accomplished. I am only able to do these where the barbells are in the section of the gym mostly dominated by men (and it's a pretty small workout area/space) and had some douchebags try to intimidate me kinda trying to rush me or show that I don't belong there, but I didn't budge and kept going.

I enjoyed the deadlifts so much so i went back on saturday and did some more still trying to improve on my form and once i feel more confident can increase the weight gradually. I feel it as a really great improvement to my workouts (before was mostly just some machines and dumbells) but I feel this will help strengthen my core and is a crazy workout in itself as I was sweating bullets!

The one thing I would really want to be able to do is squats (and also lunges) but my left knee still hurts if I so much as attempt to start bending it as if to squat. I use the leg press machine and on there it is just fine. But if i try to squat or lunge it hurts. So temporarily still doing a swiss ball squat (not sure what it's called), but with the swiss ball on my back and then doing the squat, it takes off alot of pressure and i still feel abit of a burn so i figure it's better than not attempting at all.

I am taking glucosamine, fish oil and afew other multivitamin/mineral supplements and I can definitely feel an improvement and just praying it heels up completely.
    =================
    =================

My cals yesterday were 1692, I did some deadlifts and overhead presses yesterday for about 15mins I had wanted to do more but then had to leave as had made a swim date with a friend. So thereafter swam for 50mins.

I am still working on my deadlift form I think for the most part i'm getting it right so still using light weight to avoid injury. I hate that this section of the gym is rather small so everyone is always trying to squeeze there to get some mirror space and some room to do their workout. So i'm trying to go to the gym at an earlier time when there's not many people so that i can take my time with it.

yesterday was abit distracting, there was extra space at the mirror (just me and one other guy in that section) and instead of him working out to my side, he decided to do his bicep curls directly behind me? I was really uncomfortable and I don't make eye contact with people at the gym or look at others in the mirror (i prefer to keep to myself do my workout and leave), so it was a really weird situation because i wanted to tell him to move the hell over and go creep elsewhere but i'm not very vocal so was like whatever and just kept working out.

I'm still new to this section of the gym, it's like my 3rd time using it (ie heavyweights section more like men's section lol), and each time i'm here sh*t happens like people acting very aggressive like i don't belong there. I'm in there trying to loose weight and get back to good health and not f*cking around so i don't understand what the hell is wrong with people. Why make someone feel uncomfortable when you can clearly see that they are working hard to improve themselves? I have mostly been using the lighter weight section, machines and cardio for months and never experienced any negativity/issues before, maybe there's just too much testosterone in this section, who knows sigh!

Anyway, i haven't worked out today yet so i'm finalising some work then will leave for the gym.

I stepped on my old school bathroom scale today, i could almost swear that it has gone down a notch but that damn needle won't stay straight long enough for me to get an accurate reading....i'm still on the hunt for a new digital scale sigh.
    Last edited by cherrygarcia80; 04-21-2015 at 03:11 AM.
    =================
    =================

Went to the gym and did an hour of strength training 3x15 of (back extension, chest press, lat pull downs, leg press, tricep extensions, dumbell rows, calf raises, knee raises) and 20mins on the recumbent bike.

My cals for the day were 1887.

I'd like to practice my deadlift again tomorrow so want to get to the gym mid afternoon when it is emptiest so that I don't have to fight for space with others and can take time to practice my form....I think for my eh build, sumo stance DL feels better/more natural than the conventional stance so working on that too.
    =================
    =================

Today went to the gym and did an hour of strength training and 20mins on the recumbent bike did:-

Deadlifts 7 x 10 (light weight as still working on form)
    Shoulder press 5 x 10
    Bicep curls 3 x 8
    Swiss ball squats 5 x 15
    Farmers carrying 5 x 5

Will update post with cals below once i'm done with the days eating.
    =================
    =================