mbfitness22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbfitness22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Calf Raise/Training Technique

Whats up guys? So my calves are something I feel like I can always improve on, and I love training them. Ive just learned that I've been doing calf raises wrong because I have been coming up (or putting the pressure) onto the sides of my toes as opposed to my big toes. One way I feel like I can do it correctly is by having my knees bent and actually holding my knees together (so that they remain touching throughout the exercise) when I am doing calf raises, except on seated calf raises because there is a bar in between my knees. When I do this, I can really feel the pressure on my big toes and a great contraction.

Is there any value to this? Is this something that any of you do? If not, what is the best change you have made to your calf raises for your calves to increase in size?

Thanks!

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mbfitness22 View Post
    Whats up guys? So my calves are something I feel like I can always improve on, and I love training them. Ive just learned that I've been doing calf raises wrong because I have been coming up (or putting the pressure) onto the sides of my toes as opposed to my big toes. One way I feel like I can do it correctly is by having my knees bent and actually holding my knees together (so that they remain touching throughout the exercise) when I am doing calf raises, except on seated calf raises because there is a bar in between my knees. When I do this, I can really feel the pressure on my big toes and a great contraction.

Is there any value to this? Is this something that any of you do? If not, what is the best change you have made to your calf raises for your calves to increase in size?

Thanks!
    variation is the key. there is no single foot position angle that is best, but some will work more muscle than others.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    variation is the key. there is no single foot position angle that is best, but some will work more muscle than others.
    ^This.

I like donkey calf raises with someone on my back. Or single legged dumbbell calf raises. But like the above poster mentioned, variation is key.

Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Khalicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Donkey calf raises are the best.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    doing a lot of sets works good for calves , just keep it controlled pause at top and dont use tendons , do at least 10 sets. 2 times a week.. you will make progress

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, keep pressure on or towards the big toe. Ankles bending straight forward and not outward to the side.
    For me, pause/rest sets have worked very well. Basically use a lighter weight and do 10 reps, pause for 10 seconds, then 10 reps and so on. I aim for 10 sets but usually make it to 6 or 7 and finish off with as many body weight reps as I can.

Look up Ben Pakulsky on youtube for a better explanation.