Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Anyone else feel like lifting is just the biggest chore these days?

41yrs old checking in.

Been lifting since about 18yrs old. I now have a power rack in my garage and do all of my lifting in there. I have cut down volume significantly since getting the home gym since there simply isn't enough variation. Yet still I have to drag my arse into the garage kicking and screaming every time I get home from work.

After training I feel relieved but very tired. Sometimes I fantasize about quitting and just coming home and hitting the couch, but I know that would soon get old.

Any ideas to get the fire burning again? Was thinking about putting a TV in the gym and playing some lifting DVD's while I train.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never thought about quitting, but it would be hard for me to workout at home, even though a lot of people here do successfully. Find some good lifting videos, get some good music for the garage. Buy more equipment, maybe Craig's List. Not sure what the answer is, but best of luck to you.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Crazy, but what if you joined a gym for a month or so ?

Maybe the new faces, different equipment & atmosphere would spark your enthusiasm.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Best of luck to you, hope you figure it out fast..

perhaps mix it up by visiting commercial gyms occasionally.

good luck op
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, I still get a great kick out of it and look forward to my workouts.
    I always select something on the ipod to workout to, I never get bored.
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its that time of the year

Where I live mid/end February is a motivation killer, I think you have similar temperatures and light cycles in the UK as we do in
    Canada. I have always found after X-Mas I need to stay focused on an early spring time goal to help me get through a long winter. A
    Check up and a blood test might be prudent.

You have been at this for a while, I am sure you will get through with it.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes on the time of the year. Everyone around me is dragging their feet right now.
    Good time to mix it up. Try a new program, get a new piece of equipment, visit a commercial gym, get some music blasting.

I like your DVD idea.

Or have you try switching it up and workout in the morning?

I just read a book on willpower and apparently we have a finite amount of it. At the end of the day, you have a lot less and it's harder to force yourself to do things. Might be easier to wake up earlier, hit your garage and get it done before work.

I personally have never been able to workout at home. I need people around me and be away from the laundry and dishes that needs to be done.

Good luck and hang in there
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What you're feeling is pretty common. Something that you do for a long period of time is bound to be "chore-ish" sooner or later. Just remember why you do it in the first place.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How's your conditioning OP?

Maybe cutting volume was a bad idea? There is plenty to do with a barbell, even without dumbbells. Would get landmine attachment for rack, or in a corner. So much single arm stuff to do with one of those.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you have been lifting since you were 18 then you know this feeling very well. While I never ever felt the need to quit, there are certain months were getting to the gym are just more difficult and right about now I am feeling that way. You have to find a way to stay motivated and only you know what motivates you. We are all different, I remember one time we had a conversation (right here at BB.com) about long drives, one person told me they liked to play audio books to make the drive go by faster, me I have to listen to music. If I were to play audio books I would go nuts out of boredom in the car and probably drive the car of a cliff to end my misery, find your motivation man.
    On the list for Bannukah

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agreeing with the others about a change of scenery.

I work from home so getting out to a public gym is a good source of human interaction. Chit chat, training talk, girl watching - a good gym has it all.
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I workout at home most of the time, although sometimes at my work gym. Can do most everything at home with a little bit of substituting when needed for certain exercises. Mixing it up with using the gym at work is good every now and then too though.

Could also be something else going on though, winter depression, homones etc. I felt this way lately and got hormones checked and found out I had low T. Going to get precibed something next week. Last night I felt so tired and unmotivated for no reason. It wasn't a lifting day though, just cardio. I went through the motions and did the cardio but it was kind of a drag.

fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would also suggest inviting a friend or your significant other over to work out with you. That way it becomes a workout and partly a social event.

I moved my workouts from a commercial gym to my home gym about 2 months ago - it is quite a change and I prefer it but I do miss the gym atmosphere and the motivation it brings.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a much different approach to this and I've been in and stayed in the gym for 26+ years;

Firstly, external motivators tend not be a true cure all for motivation, they last from 1 gym session to 2 weeks.
    Then its the same old sh*t.
    It needs to come from the inside, that's the only way to get consistency in this game.

Take a week off. See how this sits with you.
    If you're meant to do this you'll be going buggy within a 3-4 days.
    It also gives you a chance to recharge your mental batteries and heal up any nagging injuries/pains.

If this does not hit home by then, then take a tour of your workout area.
    See that equipment, its now a waste of money and space.
    That very same equipment where you sweat and worked out on is now useless.
    That's like a soldier being ordered off the hill he just took.

and furthermore with this choice...
    you've now chosen to die earlier than you might have if you continued.
    Whatever you may hold precious and dear to you will probably be lost sooner than if you had continued weight training.

Think about that
    and in a week
    come back here
    and tell us if you have any more problems getting to the gym.

1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) 1Fuzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    I have a much different approach to this and I've been in and stayed in the gym for 26+ years;

Firstly, external motivators tend not be a true cure all for motivation, they last from 1 gym session to 2 weeks.
    It needs to come from the inside, that's the only way to get consistency in this game.

It also gives you a chance to recharge your mental batteries and heal up any nagging injuries/pains.

Whatever you may hold precious and dear to you will probably be lost sooner than if you had continued weight training.

Think about that
    and in a week
    come back here
    A-Friggin-Men! Now I'm jacked up to hit the weights tonight!

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post

Think about that
    and in a week
    come back here
    You've brought new meaning to the word motivation. Awesome!

csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) csanped411 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I felt the same way when I worked out at home for about 3 years. I did Insanity, P90X and did a lot of home workouts I learned from Youtube channels. Like others have said, joining a gym is what cured my boredom; a different environment with other people in my community brought me out of the funk. Also, when the weather is chili, I also have lost some of the fire-- but I set goals and push to make them.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah it is super hard for me right now.

Coming off of a flu and a semi-bad lung infection.

I know it's important so I force myself.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things.
    I've modified my workouts to a 5 x 5 or 10 rep series max. I take a very long rest between sets if needed so my lungs don't get sore or tired.

If I feel good I go harder. If I don't I take it easier.

It's def not motivating knowing the #'s are a lot less than normal
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a home gym, which I use for supplementation or when my commercial gym is closed. I find much more motivation using the commercial gym each morning, as it is on my way to work.
    Vegetarians: If your food is so goddamn delicious, how come you have to pretend to be eating mine? -Tim Slagle

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    None me. I have been training at home for 15 years. I have variations in exercises by fabricating my own equipment.
    Turn your home gym into a man cave with the TV. I have a computer in my garage gym for my entertainment center.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    41yrs old checking in.

Been lifting since about 18yrs old. I now have a power rack in my garage and do all of my lifting in there. I have cut down volume significantly since getting the home gym since there simply isn't enough variation. Yet still I have to drag my arse into the garage kicking and screaming every time I get home from work.

After training I feel relieved but very tired. Sometimes I fantasize about quitting and just coming home and hitting the couch, but I know that would soon get old.

Any ideas to get the fire burning again? Was thinking about putting a TV in the gym and playing some lifting DVD's while I train.
    I'm in the process of slowly putting together a home gym, but this is exactly why I think I will always need a membership at a commercial facility. There's just something about being in that environment with other people who are lifting (not to mention the greater assortment of equipment). I'm planning to use the home gym for my second workout of the day (ha ha ha) or those times when I just want to crank out a few sets in the garage to blow off some steam.

If I were you, I would sell that couch and use the money to get a gym membership

rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know the feeling. Sometimes you just need to take a break.

Do you take regular deloads?
    Show some love...

www.TheScienceofGettingRipped.com

potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) potbellymadar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    41yrs old checking in.

Fist yourself to get the juices flowing
    Dachshund Crew 4 life
    Austrian
    Poverty Chair
    Impeach RichStrong

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Never thought about quitting, but it would be hard for me to workout at home, even though a lot of people here do successfully. Find some good lifting videos, get some good music for the garage. Buy more equipment, maybe Craig's List. Not sure what the answer is, but best of luck to you.
    Videos help me quite a bit, as does the right music.

I'm wondering, though, if part of the issue here is general conditioning.

Damn, just saw the date on this. Forget it.
    Last edited by ElrondHubbard; 12-16-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I find it’s a chore ,but feel like chit if I don’t . So the feeling like chit part re motivates me .
    I’ve been getting overly lazy also though , and need to wake the fk up .
    Built a gym in my basement and really have no excuses.

I have all the stereo gear for a decent sound system to install in my gym one day , as music usaully motivates me .
    But I’m oncall all the dam time , so unless I buy an Apple Watch to notify me when a calls coming in, I can’t crank music up .
    May have to go shopping for Christmas present to self
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 12-16-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Make Misc great again

YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoelDovid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually, yes.
    I enjoyed training much more as a weightlifter. Bodybuilding/standard strength training I do find hard to motivate myself to do, but that has been alleviated as I designed a programme on similar principles to weightlifting training (hitting a minimum training weight to failure, then ramping up weight to a daily or training max). Not only is it working much better than other programmes I've tried, it's much easier psychologically to motivate myself.

I also train at home (and work from home) and can tell you this is one major factor: it's far easier to push yourself in that environment than the atmosphere of training with others in a gym.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Videos help me quite a bit, as does the right music.

I'm wondering, though, if part of the issue here is general conditioning.

Damn, just saw the date on this. Forget it.
    My bad, didn’t even notice. A good thread regardless though
    Make Misc great again

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.

Originally Posted by YoelDovid View Post

I also train at home (and work from home) and can tell you this is one major factor: it's far easier to push yourself in that environment than the atmosphere of training with others in a gym.
    I agree . I have always done better at the gym versus home . Find I push myself much harder .
    My issue was I was getting sick often ,as our gyms are very busy after work, and your in close proximity to people all the time .
    Hardly ever get sick anymore
    Make Misc great again

I keep changing my gym with different upgrade ideas to keep myself motivated.
    First pics are from a few years ago

Then I tried to make things more accessible and easier to use , added more bars for variety.
    Will always be a work in progress .

Make Misc great again