Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    41yrs old checking in.

Been lifting since about 18yrs old. I now have a power rack in my garage and do all of my lifting in there. I have cut down volume significantly since getting the home gym since there simply isn't enough variation. Yet still I have to drag my arse into the garage kicking and screaming every time I get home from work.

After training I feel relieved but very tired. Sometimes I fantasize about quitting and just coming home and hitting the couch, but I know that would soon get old.

Any ideas to get the fire burning again? Was thinking about putting a TV in the gym and playing some lifting DVD's while I train.
    I purchased a power rack, barbell set, and adjustable dumbbell set for my home gym. I used it for about 6 months. Working out started feeling like a horrible chore in the last month of that routine. It took me a while to figure it out, but I went back to the gym, used less intense workouts (higher rep schemes 8-15 rep range), and used more machines in my routine. These changes made working out a pleasurable experience again. Using only free weights and high intensity (low rep range) workouts made me feel like ****.

Might be something you want to try out.

pouellette is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree 100% have p90x, insanity, etc along with home gym equipment. Got super burned out. I went back to the gym and it really turned my motivation around. If something ever comes up and I cant make it to the gym (snow, closed for holidays, etc) I go to my home equipment and feel great about it because I dont have to use it every day and its fresh in my mind again

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post
    41yrs old checking in.

Been lifting since about 18yrs old. I now have a power rack in my garage and do all of my lifting in there. I have cut down volume significantly since getting the home gym since there simply isn't enough variation. Yet still I have to drag my arse into the garage kicking and screaming every time I get home from work.

After training I feel relieved but very tired. Sometimes I fantasize about quitting and just coming home and hitting the couch, but I know that would soon get old.

Any ideas to get the fire burning again? Was thinking about putting a TV in the gym and playing some lifting DVD's while I train.
    Just think of me warming up with your bench max if you quitted
    Just think of me jumping out of bed with a happy smile on my harridan face as I go beast the gym with only passion for the plates as a pwo

Then think what an old before your time pussy you are and how I'm better than you

Your welcome

Lol just seen date dyel anymore?
    Last edited by melDorado; 12-16-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mistersmiles1 View Post
    IMight be something you want to try out.
    You might want to try not bumping 3 year old threads.

Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mistersmiles1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    You might want to try not bumping 3 year old threads.
    I didn't notice because I wasn't the first to bump it. Look at how many posts are from today before my post. Also, don't be an *******.

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not at all. I workout in my garage as well, no heat in the winter. It was 23 degrees in there this morning, but still get it done I don't like gyms anymore, getting more motivation and progress by myself in the garage.

I'm that type of person that doesn't need the stimulation of other humans to workout.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamgentile View Post
    Not at all. I workout in my garage as well, no heat in the winter. It was 23 degrees in there this morning, but still get it done I don't like gyms anymore, getting more motivation and progress by myself in the garage.

I'm that type of person that doesn't need the stimulation of other humans to workout.
    Unfortunately, I'm the exact opposite. I need to be surrounded by (relatively speaking- I don't want any one up in my grill while I'm hyperventilating..lol) like- minded, intensely driven, adrenaline fueled people to "keep" myself motivated. That type of gym environment creates a kind of electricity that can inspire an entire room full of people to try push their limits, within reason, of course.

Something I find interesting: Most people seem to be much more aggressive on the road or even in daily social interaction with others...and less aggressive in the gym (at least where I live!). I would think it would benefit people (unless they're nursing limiting injuries) to save that "aggressive" behavior for an acceptable environmental outlet such as the gym. Where else can you be in beast mode publicly and it is socially acceptable?
    Last edited by etet1919; 12-17-2018 at 08:01 AM.

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Something I find interesting: Most people seem to be much more aggressive on the road or even in daily social interaction with others...and less aggressive in the gym (at least where I live!). I would think it would benefit people (unless they're nursing limiting injuries) to save that "aggressive" behavior for an acceptable environmental outlet such as the gym. Where else can you be in beast mode publicly and it is socially acceptable?

Interesting point! I agree.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm the exact opposite. I need to be surrounded by (relatively speaking- I don't want any one up in my grill while I'm hyperventilating..lol) like- minded, intensely driven, adrenaline fueled people to "keep" myself motivated. That type of gym environment creates a kind of electricity that can inspire an entire room full of people to try push their limits, within reason, of course.

The iron always wins. It doesn’t negotiate. That’s why people go half speed in the gym. The iron doesnt gaf.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    The iron always wins. It doesn’t negotiate. That’s why people go half speed in the gym. The iron doesnt gaf.
    Yes, injuries suck....got your point, Brackneyc. I still find it hard to hold myself back sometimes, unless I really am hurt...One of my old gym buddies used to tell me..." You know that your greatest strength (in his eyes, it was my fortitude) is also going to be your greatest weakness." He's been lifting 30+ years now, a wise man.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by adamgentile View Post

I think if I were facing a 23 degree bar and plates, then I’d go find a commercial gym.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire