Page 4 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    5 weeks is one cycle. Each cycle you are adding weight and dropping back down to 8 reps and starting over. Week 5 of each cycle is the test week. If you get all 12 reps of each movement on the heavy day you pass.
    Gotcha, and thanks... so man card is not in instant jeopardy... I got this!
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is a killer bike man. I don't bicycle, but I'd take that out... Sweet ride.

If you're having trouble with getting to depth, don't increase the weight. Keep working on getting lower and get a video in. It will give you an idea of where you need to be. It's hard to see where we are without it. It's great biofeedback, and can really help you figure out a game plan.

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    That is a killer bike man. I don't bicycle, but I'd take that out... Sweet ride.

If you're having trouble with getting to depth, don't increase the weight. Keep working on getting lower and get a video in. It will give you an idea of where you need to be. It's hard to see where we are without it. It's great biofeedback, and can really help you figure out a game plan.
    Good to know, because I was going to increase the weight
    I will work on my video shyness...
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    Good to know, because I was going to increase the weight
    There are more ways to progress than by adding weight. I want to see some solid squats to depth before moving forward. We are all starting at different places and it may take some time for you to get a full ROM.

If you can do all the other exercises properly, do them as directed in all pro's.

I will work on my video shyness...
    I assure you, you aren't any uglier than the rest of us bastards.

FWIW, we encourage a victory dance after all squat progress vids.

3rd day of figuring it out for AP workout.
    Start with the good news, weighed in and I am down an even 2lbs since last weigh in (I had gained .8 lbs last go around) so I am a rotund 286.2 lbs. A total loss of 19 lbs in the last 2 months. Now to get used to smaller weight losses going forward.

I tinkered again, I have to sometimes adapt since not all the same equipment in the same are is avail, no biggie. Some shoulder DOMS this morning, funny thing after working through them they feel fine now. Wore my new shoes for the goblet squats and it felt so much different, still not the shoes I'll wear going forward (I had already ordered these before I got involved in the footwear discussions) So I will pick up so new ones this weekend. I also corrected the DL's to Stiff legged since I had overlooked that part. Felt weird, but not really sure what to have expected.

I have a vid of my goblet squats to post to be critiqued

Last edited by MooseTequila; 03-06-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: noob learning to embed video
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3rd day of figuring it out for AP workout.
    Start with the good news, weighed in and I am down an even 2lbs since last weigh in (I had gained .8 lbs last go around) so I am a rotund 286.2 lbs. A total loss of 19 lbs in the last 2 months. Now to get used to smaller weight losses going forward.

I tinkered again, I have to sometimes adapt since not all the same equipment in the same are is avail, no biggie. Some shoulder DOMS this morning, funny thing after working through them they feel fine now. Wore my new shoes for the goblet squats and it felt so much different, still not the shoes I'll wear going forward (I had already ordered these before I got involved in the footwear discussions) So I will pick up so new ones this weekend. I also corrected the DL's to Stiff legged since I had overlooked that part. Felt weird, but not really sure what to have expected.

I have a vid of my goblet squats to post to be critiqued but don't know how to embed on here without the little icon like on other forums.
    I will show you what the code of one of my youtube videos looks like.

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkVg8Ah4S7A

You take everything after the = sign, copy and paste it, and put it between this [you.tube][/you.tube] without the periods in the youtube.

If you quote me, you can see how my video is put up by the code in the quote.

uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have a vid of my goblet squats to post to be critiqued but don't know how to embed on here without the little icon like on other forums.
    this will help:

http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=11

just put everything after "v=" between the youtube and /youtube square brackets. square bracket are these- [ and ]

SWEET... edited my post, thanks
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50) uthred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SWEET... edited my post, thanks
    depth looks good to me, but people may tell you to shoot at a higher angle- at least equal with your legs.

honestly (and unless I missed some health issues) looks like you should have a bar on your back.

I have no idea what I am talking about though.

Originally Posted by uthred View Post
    depth looks good to me, but people may tell you to shoot at a higher angle- at least equal with your legs.

honestly (and unless I missed some health issues) looks like you should have a bar on your back.

I have no idea what I am talking about though.
    Creaky knees... taking it slow, but I will give the bar a go Monday. Help me here, explain the "shoot at a higher angle", I'm not sure what that means.
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

Help me here, explain the "shoot at a higher angle", I'm not sure what that means.
    Move the camera to about waist height. (Sorry, I work in video) It is easier to judge how low you are going from a higher angle.
    Last edited by uthred; 03-06-2015 at 11:55 AM.

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like you said, just take it slow. The squat I have personally found to be one of the most frustrating of all the lifts. It is mostly because I never used to do it, along with crappy knees as well. It is however one of the most satisfying lifts to do once you are done with your sets.

As far as camera angle, I would back the phone up away from you maybe another 5 feet or so, that way you will be able to see more of you.

This is a good place to start to read about the squats and watch some video tutorial. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132962543

In my opinion, squats are pretty personal exercise. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another. Depth, foot position, foot width, where you put the bar on your back and you own past injuries and flexibility are going to really help you decide on how you are going to squat. Flexibility is a big issue with me, I have found that getting lifting shoes that are made for squats really helped me with ankle flexibility. Stretching is going to be really important. Goblet squats are a great way to warm up and get you in the groove before you actually put the bar on your back and start doing back squats.

I have also found that once you think you have something figured out, something changes and suddenly you feel like you are back at ground zero trying to figure out how to push through the new issue that you have found with your squats. It's fun though. Kinda.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post

I have also found that once you think you have something figured out, something changes and suddenly you feel like you are back at ground zero trying to figure out how to push through the new issue that you have found with your squats. It's fun though. Kinda.
    Something to look forward too... kinda
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome seeing that you posted a vid moose. Your depth is fine and I agree that you should have a bar on your back. Just start with an empty one and work from there. You'll get that feel you get in the gym from getting under the bar and judging from your determination so far I think you'll get the bug as well and there won't be any stopping you. Good work so far man!!!
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

WOOT! Love the video! This is great feedback for yourself.

I think the depth looked good overall.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 03-06-2015 at 05:25 PM.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok Moose! Made it in here finally. Your vid depth looked good to me. I think if you grab a moderately heavier dumbell and hold it at your chest with both hands, you will find it forces you to stay upright in the upper body as you squat down.
    Looking forward to watching you progress, and congrats on the weight loss and lifestyle change so far! Good things to come for you!

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here Ya go moose. Did a quick vid of a proper goblet squat

http://youtu.be/IsCBmXY0_7c

☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Here Ya go moose. Did a quick vid of a proper goblet squat

http://youtu.be/IsCBmXY0_7c

THANKS... that was awesome, especially since your knees are boogered also... but damn, I am running out of excuses!
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    I heard there was a moose on the loose! Subbed.
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    I heard there was a moose on the loose! Subbed.
    Welcome, and pretty much... like a train wreck I am all over the place
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

All Pro
    Week 1
    Day 1

Squats
    Goblet 1x8 b/w
    Goblet 1x8x20#
    Bar only
    2x8xbar/45#

Bench Press
    1x8xbar/45#
    1x8x90#
    2x8x130#

T Bar Rows (all equip busy so I subbed this)
    3x8x45#
    1x8x55#

Overhead Press (dumbbells) shoulders will take time due to various issues
    1x8x10's
    1x8x15's
    2x8x20's

Stiff Legged DL I feel I can do more but I am cautious with form. I don't want back issues anymore than I have.
    1x8xbar/45#
    1x8x65#
    2x8x95#

Barbell Curls EZ Bar
    1x8xbar/25#
    1x8x35#
    2x8x55#

Calf Raises
    1x8x45#
    1x8x70#
    2x8x115#

I am not doing the AP 100% of plan with the ratios, I am still tinkering.

Squats with the bar... I found them awkward, funny, sad, and also pretty happy with it in the fact I did them and I didn't die or fall down! I wobbled, sometimes leaning forward, sometimes more on my heels. The bar on my neck/back just felt like it did not belong. The video is of my last set, and the 8th rep I felt. Afterwards I felt accomplished... and I have a sh!t load more respect for all the squats everyone else does on here. The poundage you guys squat is C R A Z Y! I bow in the shadows of your collective greatness! I will be wearing Vibrams on Fri's workout, and I am hoping this will feel less awkward pushing back on my heels.

Last edited by MooseTequila; 03-09-2015 at 01:37 PM. Reason: corrected last set of curls
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

Good going Moose!

As I said earlier, the squat is definitely one of those things that takes some time to perfect. Here are a couple videos that I like to go over a couple of the finer points of the back squat.

Low bar back squat bar position. By Mr Rippetoe.

Another one that gets passed around a lot here.

There is a ton of info in both of these videos. I would definitely get yourself a set of lifting shoes. Those vibrams will probably work depending on your ankle flexibility. I have horrible ankle flexibility and I have found shoes that have a heal on them work better for me.

Your depth was awesome man! Keep at it man, you are doing great!

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice workout Moose! Way to get under the bar and get some squats in!! Keep at them consistently, things will get better for Ya!

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Squats looked way better than the persons in the other rack

Just like anything new there will be growing pains. Props for getting it done.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome, and pretty much... like a train wreck I am all over the place
    Train wreck, Schmain wreck. I just read through your log and here's what I see

1. A guy taking back his life/health
    2. A guy going outside of his comfort zone in many different ways to do so
    3. A guy asking for and then taking (!) good advice from people with lots of knowledge to offer

You keep doing what you're doing, and you're going to be fine. I'm not a guy with a lot of knowledge, but I am a guy who can see and appreciate hard work and will "rah rah!" with the best of them.

Rah, Rah, Moose!
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Good going Moose!

As I said earlier, the squat is definitely one of those things that takes some time to perfect. Here are a couple videos that I like to go over a couple of the finer points of the back squat.

Low bar back squat bar position. By Mr Rippetoe.

Another one that gets passed around a lot here.

There is a ton of info in both of these videos. I would definitely get yourself a set of lifting shoes. Those vibrams will probably work depending on your ankle flexibility. I have horrible ankle flexibility and I have found shoes that have a heal on them work better for me.

Your depth was awesome man! Keep at it man, you are doing great!
    Thanks Shane for the kind words and videos. It actually caused some shoulder pain getting my arms up on the bar. I want to do the lower grip but it will take lots of practice and stretching . I'm thinking of using a broom stick and just stretch in my off days to get acclimated.

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Nice workout Moose! Way to get under the bar and get some squats in!! Keep at them consistently, things will get better for Ya!
    Thanks, one thing this new workout and dieting is giving me, and that is learning patience!

Squats looked way better than the persons in the other rack

Just like anything new there will be growing pains. Props for getting it done.
    LOLZ... I hadn't even noticed, yeah my depth is WAY better! Posers they are too. They got the basketball shorts, hats on backwards, ink, and do occasional mean mugging while loitering and hogging equipment. Me thinks when I get in better shape I am up to do some challenging of the attitudes

Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    Train wreck, Schmain wreck. I just read through your log and here's what I see

1. A guy taking back his life/health
    2. A guy going outside of his comfort zone in many different ways to do so
    3. A guy asking for and then taking (!) good advice from people with lots of knowledge to offer

You keep doing what you're doing, and you're going to be fine. I'm not a guy with a lot of knowledge, but I am a guy who can see and appreciate hard work and will "rah rah!" with the best of them.

Rah, Rah, Moose!
    Thank you, that was very kind. My life has been a sh!t storm with occasional sunshine and I am basically tired of letting life control my emotions. I will definitely listen to anyone who is taking the time and their energy to come into my journal trying to help me, how could I not? This place so rocks and I really thought it might be a mistake coming here. I read some threads and I was like WTF? Attitudes and crap, then I realized it was some peeps looking for that, but that journals were a safe zone... glad all of ya jumped in to help!

Peace... Brucedamoose!
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is a glorious time, Moose. When someone learns how to squat it's some fun stuff. There aren't a lot of times where you can watch someone personally grow in front of your eyes. This is one of those times, and it's going to be awesome.

Honestly there are tons of things wrong with your squat, but none of that really matters much right now. Just keep doing them.
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

Yeah shoulder issues and flexibility will definitely cause issues on your grip. For the longest time I could not get the bar lower on my back because of the same issues. Just keep working it. You are doing awesome. As JT said, your squats were tons better than the person in the background was doing.

Keep it up man. Consistency is the key with all of us. Just keep punching that time clock.

Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    This is a glorious time, Moose. When someone learns how to squat it's some fun stuff. There aren't a lot of times where you can watch someone personally grow in front of your eyes. This is one of those times, and it's going to be awesome.

Honestly there are tons of things wrong with your squat, but none of that really matters much right now. Just keep doing them.
    Ya mean there are noticeable?
    One comical thing coming from my first squat attempt, last night I dreamed about doing squats... WTF? LOL

Yeah shoulder issues and flexibility will definitely cause issues on your grip. For the longest time I could not get the bar lower on my back because of the same issues. Just keep working it. You are doing awesome. As JT said, your squats were tons better than the person in the background was doing.

Keep it up man. Consistency is the key with all of us. Just keep punching that time clock.
    Thanks Shane, I thought the grip issue was going to be mostly my issue, good to know I have company.
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

All Pro
    Week 1
    Day2

After day one I had DOMS in my hammies and shoulders, and mid back area from the T Bar, not back pain from bad form, just muscle hit. The night after my first squats I dreamed of squatting... WTF have you guys done to me?!

So lighter weights today... squats remain the same, cannot take weight off the bar :/ . I could feel the squats as I concentrated on depth and more heel weight, and I had to push to finish. I think I got a better grip on the bar, but still high up near the neck.

I felt the T Bar where I backed off weight slightly. it was tough. Might be because my warm up was a bit heavier. I'll figure this crap out.

Today I felt very strong on the OP (weird), and I kept the weight the same since 20# dumbbells are too little to shave 10% from. Curls also felt strong and I did them a bit slower. Calf raises still easy.

Tomorrow I get Fat Dunked... and my Vibrams arrived this morning after my workout (a whole new definition of weird for me) I have 2nd toe hammer toe, plus my little toes kind of curl under. After finally getting them on I think I love these, I spend so much time walking barefoot outside and this gives me a little protection.
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five