joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000)

Android App Developers thread GTFIH

Calling out all Android master race app developers here.

Some useful websites to learn Android development, assuming you know Java:

Basic Information

developer.android.com/training/index.html
    Should skim read all this for a basic introduction to Android

Learning

www.youtube.com/user/slidenerd
    GOAT teacher, even more useful than university lectures

stackoverflow.com
    Search up lots of stuff regarding questions

Advanced Interesting Info

developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html
    Useful information regarding what platforms and API versions you should develop for (fuk the poverty Gingerbread users)

www.youtube.com/user/GoogleDevelopers
    Lots of videos with small code samples, Android performance stuff, lots of information to help create better apps

www.youtube.com/channel/UCVHFbqXqoYvEWM1Ddxl0QDg
    Same as above

Tools

http://www.bluestacks.com/
    If you can't afford an Android phone (lmao @ u) or can't afford an Android tablet, then use this emulator, its better than the poverty ones that come with Android Studio or Eclipse

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    Android Studio Master Race

http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adt.html
    Eclipse for poverty betas, its outdated too and no longer supported by android

xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    working on transitioning my android projects to scala because java killed my dog crew
    brb using lambdas in java 8..brb can't use lambdas in android...brb use androidproguardscala and I've got lambdas

joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000) joshewwah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xXDMNKXx View Post
    working on transitioning my android projects to scala because java killed my dog crew
    brb using lambdas in java 8..brb can't use lambdas in android...brb use androidproguardscala and I've got lambdas

[img]http://www.toptal.com/uploads/blog/image/548/toptal-blog-image-1409691715906.pimg]
    You srsly using scala? I don't think that will reach mainstream tbh

brb learn about android, java, xml, manifest files, etc

brb have to learn scala in addition to all that bs

brb

xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xXDMNKXx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by joshewwah View Post
    You srsly using scala? I don't think that will reach mainstream tbh

brb learn about android, java, xml, manifest files, etc

brb have to learn scala in addition to all that bs

brb
    it probably won't reach mainstream, but it's a functional programming language to pad my resume with and I happen to be doing mobile programming right now

Pickettroy1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok, it's better to DL bluestacks app player. its smooth to play with my acer core i3 4gb ram. and getting slow when you used several tabs in google chrome. but its worth to play guys

Pickettroy1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

bluestacks

ok, it's better to DL bluestacks app player. its smooth to play with my acer core i3 4gb ram. and getting slow when you used several tabs in google chrome. but its worth to play guys

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xXDMNKXx View Post
    it probably won't reach mainstream, but it's a functional programming language to pad my resume with and I happen to be doing mobile programming right now

Kotlin is hnng brah

just a pain in the ass to set up with IDE/build tools
    watchout your comments boyo ↓