Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rutka View Post
    thank you! yes I think so too, never give up!

I had this freakish head injury back in 1997 ended in hospital with blood cloth on my left side brain, spent 6 months on bed and gained twice of my weight and there all weigh problems started, docs told me dont even think about sport, lucky enough to be alive, i was doing gymnastics back then, after year or rehabilitation joined local underground bodybuilding gym to lose weight and now this is biggest passion and lifestyle its been on and off for over 10 years, sometimes doenst even feel that way
    Wow, that's a pretty neat background and story about getting into bodybuilding. Thank you for sharing that! I remember always being into athletics in high school and early college, but I think I developed my true lifting passion freshman year of college when I got access to a decent college weight room Ended up not continuing basketball, then switched to lifting with full focus.

Always neat to hear people get started in this crazy hobby
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty neat background and story about getting into bodybuilding. Thank you for sharing that! I remember always being into athletics in high school and early college, but I think I developed my true lifting passion freshman year of college when I got access to a decent college weight room Ended up not continuing basketball, then switched to lifting with full focus.

Always neat to hear people get started in this crazy hobby
    Thank you! yes it is interesting, people come from different backgrounds and have different occupations yet the same crazy rather expensive hobby
    .... Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event .... (Brian Tracy)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Progress Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166412741

www.********.com/pages/IFBB-Figure-Ruta-Bunkute/417467198318609
    https://instagram.com/fitrut

rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rutka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Legs yesterday

Deep low Squats:
    Warm up empty barbell 44lbs x 20,
    60lbs x 12
    90lbs x 10
    120lbs x 8
    140lbs x 6

Fully bent legs extensions:
    30lbs x 12
    50lbs x 10
    70lbs x 10
    90lbs x 8

Supported single leg sit ups (to the side): 3 x 12

Seated Leg Curls:
    50lbs x 10
    70lbs x 10
    90lbs x 8

Glutes kickbacks:
    50lbs x 12
    70lbs x 10
    90lbs x 8

Dumbbell lunges: 20lbs x 4 across the gym floor

Upper and lower abs, 6x 25

barely can walk today
    .... Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event .... (Brian Tracy)
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epicyoufitness is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I had this freakish head injury back in 1997 ended in hospital with blood cloth on my left side brain, spent 6 months on bed and gained twice of my weight and there all weigh problems started, docs told me dont even think about sport, lucky enough to be alive, i was doing gymnastics back then, after year or rehabilitation joined local underground bodybuilding gym to lose weight and now this is biggest passion and lifestyle its been on and off for over 10 years, sometimes doenst even feel that way
    -

Great story, thanks for sharing.

It is amazing to me what/how/why all of us are in this sport- especially at a competitive level
    40's Masters Winner and Overall Masters Winner 2009 NGA Music City Night of Champions, Nashville TN.

NPC Masters Bodybuilder.

Personal Trainer, Prep Coach, Health Coach and Nutritionist

had some TGI last night and some vine, still can drink vine cutting on it slowly as it does have sugars and kcals

robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Following! Awesome log, I love the combination of progress and food pics =) and all of this following a life-threatening and potentially debilitating injury... very motivating! Keep up the great work and keep posting! =)
    5/9/15, first show: UNBA Muscle Classic Men's Bodybuilding Novice, Open, and Overall Winner + Natural Pro Card

https://www.********.com/robert.miner.524

IG: robertminer

Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166993781

Originally Posted by epicyoufitness View Post
    -

Great story, thanks for sharing.

It is amazing to me what/how/why all of us are in this sport- especially at a competitive level
    yes and I bet you never thought youd do something like that right? maybe its different these days but when I started competing back in 2003 it was bit different, drilled the gym for 5 years and then thought would give it a shot, and I used to travel to comps to help gymmates so was little bit familiar how things go backstage, now its different will social media, forums etc

Originally Posted by robertdminer View Post
    Following! Awesome log, I love the combination of progress and food pics =) and all of this following a life-threatening and potentially debilitating injury... very motivating! Keep up the great work and keep posting! =)
    thank you, likewise!

Its also pretty useful, my external dive stopped working and didnt have much data saved from my previous logs, so recovered mostly everything from forums and blogs
    and now of course always make extra copy and backup drive

and as you know once you approach end of prep always get good motivation when compare how far you went, sometimes it gets bit depressing

today my rest today, not doing much to be honest sport vise, running around tho prepping for the next week

OK so nearly 2 weeks gone and my weight was all over the place, up down up again, changing diet now as with my training and amount of cardio I do clearly not responding.

Will do Atkins-Keto for 2 weeks and will see how it goes, started today, goes pretty OK so far

Im running pretty well on fats anyway so should be OK

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for all the detail. It's always a learning experience for us to see different strategies and the results that come out from them.
    Team General Mills

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Thanks for all the detail. It's always a learning experience for us to see different strategies and the results that come out from them.
    you're very welcome! glad if this would have any use for others too!

strongly agree! I dont see many diet plans around the forums to be honest, would be interesting to see different variations.

I used Dave Polumbo Keto diet for bodybuilders - females as a base but made some changes, such as replaced peanut butter with almonds or olive oil, I dont tolerate peanut butter very well

dont remember when was the last time I had bacon and its pretty tasty found reduce sodium, no sugar, excellent.

so 3rd day on this and weight is going down already, cant complain.

As for energy, it does look very little food on paper but in reality plenty, dont have cravings or hunger issues, well not yet

Back / Biceps day
    Pull ups (leg support) 4 x 12
    Pulldowns wide grip (parallel grip) 32kg 1 x 10, 36kg 3 x12, 40kg
    Seated cable rows 36kg 1 x 10, 40kg 3 x 12
    One arm cable pulls – 5kg 1 x 10, 10kg 3 x 12
    Seated cable outer arm twist 5kg 1 x 10, 10kg 2 x 8
    Lower back Hyperextensions 3 x 15 holding 5kg plate

Biceps
    Cable curls 6kg 1 x 10, 7kg 1 x 8, 9kg 2 x 6
    Preacher dumbbell hammers curls 6kg 1 x 10, 7kg 1 x 8, 9kg 2 x 6
    Arnie curls 6kg 1 x 10, 9kg 1 x 8, 10kg 2 x 6

will have to rethink my training plan, feels bit all over the place and will split legs workout in 2 days

was pouring all daylong in La Jolla today so did my 45min cardio in the gym, not that fun

Tilapia and Salad: lettuce, cucumber, olive oil

so easy to shop when shopping list so short

off to cook some chicken and more Tilapia for the weekend

Sunday - Duck Roast, some change for me

Happy weekend fit people

2 weeks result 1kg/2.2lbs, pretty slow id say

will hold the same diet for this week and also will check for ketones

ouch busy days coming my way

so, had looong and extremely unpleasant meeting last night, work related, drained my energy completely
    so decided to go for some sushi and movie, very odd on Monday night, had sashimi (no rice fish only for those who are not suhi lovers) and some cucumber salad, no hot sake no nothing, sparkling water, was pretty good after the same eggs - tilapia-chiken-lettuce-cucumber meals

so checked ketones yesterday and today, getting some traces and small amounts according to the scale, weight is also started going down and can see waist getting slightly slimmer, so diet has good effect and happy with that

ordered grill, amazing, cooking much easier, chicken taste way better, took idea from Nicole Wilkins, she cooks her meals in bulk and freezes, I dont do freezing but the grill idea is amazing, and taste much better :

will grill some Tilapia now

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to grill all my chicken on a small George Foreman grill, then I started eating too much per week and started doing it in the oven. Grilled tastes so much better than oven baked!!!
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    I used to grill all my chicken on a small George Foreman grill, then I started eating too much per week and started doing it in the oven. Grilled tastes so much better than oven baked!!!
    yes it does taste much much better. I have a steamer, used to travel with it and would cook my food in hotel room but steamed chicken taste like paper after kept in the fridge for 24hrs
    and this easy to cook and clean

OK so today, did my Pilates session, my trainer keeps pushing me more and more every week, which is good, but she goes on maternity leave in 2 weeks so will have to find something to replace Pilates, which was generally very good for me, at least showed how weak I am

will run to the beach later today, my regular afternoon route, as for weight 69.2kg this morning, very please, Keto does fantastic job for me, and have plenty of energy

robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertdminer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely have to look into the Foreman Grill; I bake my chicken as well because outdoor grilling takes too much time for how often I have to make chicken, but this looks like a great compromise! Grilling is definitely best for taste
    5/9/15, first show: UNBA Muscle Classic Men's Bodybuilding Novice, Open, and Overall Winner + Natural Pro Card

https://www.********.com/robert.miner.524

IG: robertminer

Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166993781

Originally Posted by robertdminer View Post
    Definitely have to look into the Foreman Grill; I bake my chicken as well because outdoor grilling takes too much time for how often I have to make chicken, but this looks like a great compromise! Grilling is definitely best for taste
    yes mine named Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill, purchased on Amazon, paid $55.82, had 4.5 stars over 700 votes, and im very happy with it

Morning cardio done, very cloudy and moody today.

weirdly enough my energy levels still very high, even tho i have very low carbs still running alright all day long, and dont have energy crashes, which is pretty good for now

have arranged winery horse ride tomorrow, will be fun considering never had any of this, sat on horse when was like 6 years old or so, will be fun

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Morning cardio done, very cloudy and moody today.

weirdly enough my energy levels still very high, even tho i have very low carbs still running alright all day long, and dont have energy crashes, which is pretty good for now

have arranged winery horse ride tomorrow, will be fun considering never had any of this, sat on horse when was like 6 years old or so, will be fun
    I've been doing the keto thing for a bit now too. Energy levels have been fine. What I found was I have been so hungry. That seems strange considering that I kept my calories the same, just switched the macros from veg carbs to fats. The fats should be keeping me satiated, but I guess I'm used to more food volume; something that my high intake of veg was giving me. I do like the fact that I dropped a quick 6lbs though.
    Team General Mills

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    I've been doing the keto thing for a bit now too. Energy levels have been fine. What I found was I have been so hungry. That seems strange considering that I kept my calories the same, just switched the macros from veg carbs to fats. The fats should be keeping me satiated, but I guess I'm used to more food volume; something that my high intake of veg was giving me. I do like the fact that I dropped a quick 6lbs though.
    yes that interesting, how you fight hunger tho?

i seems to be fine re this, and dont even get cravings, well not yet

and noticed in the past, my best condition was when diet was fat based

my daily running route, very challenging ups and downs, and there is no alternative way, so once go down, must come back up
    cant even compare to treadmill cardio

down, is not that bad, walk fast, cant run way too steep

back up:

all the way to the top

come back is like 45% or something

just had Wiki done for me, awesome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruta_Bunkute

oh our horseride got canceled yesterday

was watching Eurovision song contest last night always watch it every year

today rest day, no training, will do some food shopping and just move around