CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Picking yourself back up (after a fall off the wagon)

Working out has never been a problem for me -- I love how it makes me feel -- but dieting, that's another problem. I don't have problems starting a diet, I have problems *sticking* to it. It's always just a matter of time before I "fall off the wagon" and once I fall, I have trouble getting back up.

I have motivational images and quotes on my phone, my home AND my work computer...but they become really easy to ignore when someone put's a piece of cheesecake in front of me and says, "Here. It's (insert name of a coworker)'s birthday. Have cake."

How to pick myself back up after I stumble? How do I not "just give up" when the temptation to eat poorly just won't go away. Better yet, how do I RESIST temptation to begin with? I'm not just talking about for a week or a month...I'm talking a lifetime. How does one will themselves to give up a lifetime of bad habits (that has lead to a lifetime of obesity) in exchange for a healthy diet for the rest of my life????????

Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi there,

Food cravings are definitely hard to overlook, esp. if you have something delicious right in front of you! Personally, I've found a few ways to "condition" myself (lol) to avoid foods that I know will not benefit me in the long run.

Firstly, I remind myself of how hard I have exercised to be in my current position (and how hard/how much I will have to in order to 'negate' any unhealthy food intake). That alone will usually make me think twice about consuming something I know I shouldn't. It's not easy to begin with; I've found myself reaching for something delicious but too sweet/fatty etc. and almost eating it...but literally stopping seconds before and deciding to either bin it or put it back in the fridge. It used to be bad, but its all about conditioning yourself and constantly reminding yourself of what you had to do to lose 'x' amount of weight and/or maintain your current regime.

Secondly, I also reserve one single day in each week, where I'm kind of easy going with what I eat. If I want, I'd have a burger or something (at either lunch or dinner), to "satiate" any cravings that I had during the week and also to have something fun (but horribly unhealthy, admittedly) to indulge in.

IMO, moderation is the key though. For example, like you said, if someone put a piece of cake in front of you, maybe eat only a small portion (and count that as your weekly 'cheat' meal if you want). Alternatively, maybe decline it and just say that you're already full as you've just eaten.

It's not easy at the start, trust me. Had the same problems and ultimately its just a question of will power. I did remember reading once that, food cravings fade after 20 minutes or so, so its only a matter of time. Also, drinking water has helped me stay full (or even trick my body into thinking it is fuller for longer).
    Hope this helps and good luck!

CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by Sebstan01 View Post
    Hi there,

Food cravings are definitely hard to overlook, esp. if you have something delicious right in front of you! Personally, I've found a few ways to "condition" myself (lol) to avoid foods that I know will not benefit me in the long run.

Firstly, I remind myself of how hard I have exercised to be in my current position (and how hard/how much I will have to in order to 'negate' any unhealthy food intake). That alone will usually make me think twice about consuming something I know I shouldn't. It's not easy to begin with; I've found myself reaching for something delicious but too sweet/fatty etc. and almost eating it...but literally stopping seconds before and deciding to either bin it or put it back in the fridge. It used to be bad, but its all about conditioning yourself and constantly reminding yourself of what you had to do to lose 'x' amount of weight and/or maintain your current regime.

Secondly, I also reserve one single day in each week, where I'm kind of easy going with what I eat. If I want, I'd have a burger or something (at either lunch or dinner), to "satiate" any cravings that I had during the week and also to have something fun (but horribly unhealthy, admittedly) to indulge in.

IMO, moderation is the key though. For example, like you said, if someone put a piece of cake in front of you, maybe eat only a small portion (and count that as your weekly 'cheat' meal if you want). Alternatively, maybe decline it and just say that you're already full as you've just eaten.

It's not easy at the start, trust me. Had the same problems and ultimately its just a question of will power. I did remember reading once that, food cravings fade after 20 minutes or so, so its only a matter of time. Also, drinking water has helped me stay full (or even trick my body into thinking it is fuller for longer).
    Hope this helps and good luck!