Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    3 days of roller coasters aren’t good for you
    You shut your damn mouth.

I can't believe you were in NYC during the subway shutdown. That must've been such a pain in the ass. I was holed up in my house in Brooklyn that day, enjoying the "snow day".

Mirin all the travel, I'll find out what you do one day

Also, care to share how you messed up the shoulders each time? As you know I have a habit of fkng mine up as well... lefty is treating me unkindly at the moment.

Digging the new toys... home workouts are great.

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbed ... won't be around a whole lot, but nice to see a new journal up and rocking Andrew.
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice squat session, sorry to see the world travels didn't fix the mental deadlift blockade. Deficits should help though, I know whenever I do them they make conventionals feel like rack pulls. That cage looks sweet as do the Bumper plates. Enjoy the home gym session tomorrow. That will be nice, no travels no hassel just step into your area there and hit it. i can see you breaking that mental barrier on the DLs quickly being able to hit them whenever you want.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    You keep working like that, your confidence will come back, and your mind will unfcuk itself
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    that is a great session Andrew , great volume and heavy weights used

it is amazing , 150kg x 3 reps from a 4 inch deficit = you get it, yet 160kg from the floor and it is not coming - the irony that is the iron game for sure
    Thanks Steve ... it really kills me when that happens with the deads. When I'm in the right frame of mind I love DLs, but once I get the whiff of a doubt my form goes to pieces.

Originally Posted by DocJekyll View Post
    Mind blowing session there man. Just awesome.
    Thanks Doc! I hated missing the deadlift at a very easy weight but the deficits felt great and I felt that my form on the deadball cleans was the best they'd ever been. MY PC still managed to get a good working over

Originally Posted by jonnyboy44 View Post
    looks like you started 2015 in a great, positive way. Onwards and upwards my friend.
    Thanks Jon .. no point in looking backwards and wondering what might have been

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Subbing in for this one.
    Thanks and welcome!

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Great job Andrew, tons of deadlift variation in there, bound to have some positive effects for you. Are you planning to keep in the paused and deficit deads for a while? I am not even going to try a regular deadlift for a while yet, I want to be confident that I can dial in my form when I do. Great job on the rest of the workout as well, looks like a killer!!
    WTF @ not pulling 160kg/350lbs Thanks Shawn .. JP, my trainer, knows me well enough now that he understands that I need to build mental strength even moreso than physical strength if I want to up my deadlifts. For me, that means that I have to stay pulling at a weight where I will get the lift every time and adding accessories that will grind in the correct form. Deficit deads force me to keep upright and use my leg drive, and the pauses make me keep the PC tight and engaged throughout the lift. I leave the programming with JP but I think there'll be a lot more deficits and paused deads over the next month

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Ugh...sounds like the deadlifts had that, "All knees and elbows" feeling like all awkward when you started hitting higher weights. Still, that was an excellent session.

It's hard getting your head in the right place sometimes. Keep grinding at it. That confidence will come.
    Thanks Marius. At one stage late last year I'd had a good run with the deads, was feeling strong and was hoping that I'd finally overcome the mindfcuk. It's soul destroying but I know that I've got to work at just getting a consistent form happening

Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    Lots of deadlift volume, nicely done. Funny these are like the easiest to fail, had a very similar experience last week. Just gives us something to work on.
    Thanks Yaaar ... I plan to get in an extra session this week just working on volume at 220lbs and trying to rediscover my form. Deads are easily my favourite and most hated lift

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    See nothing has changed with the deadlifts - still all in the head...
    Yep ... strength wise my legs and back are feeling good but my head just wouldn't let me pull it. Time for some pre-WO ECTmethinks

Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    You shut your damn mouth.

I can't believe you were in NYC during the subway shutdown. That must've been such a pain in the ass. I was holed up in my house in Brooklyn that day, enjoying the "snow day".

Mirin all the travel, I'll find out what you do one day

Also, care to share how you messed up the shoulders each time? As you know I have a habit of fkng mine up as well... lefty is treating me unkindly at the moment.

Digging the new toys... home workouts are great.
    Yes ... I was in New York staying at the Hilton on 42nd street so I was snowbound but with pretty easy walking access to everywhere I wanted to be. The great thing was that once the subway opened on 'restricted' services we were able to go further afield and enjoy New York on a cold sunny day with no traffic and very few people
    Pretty much all Aussies are travellers because we are so isolated from everywhere else ... I met loads if Australians in all three cities while we were travelling. I will however be back in the US in only 11 days time as I'm attending a conference in Jackson Hole (I'm an anaesthesiologist btw)
    My shoulder tears each happened while I was benching but the injuries were long standing, I'm sure through poor form over the years. I'd had repeated shoulder strains, a frozen Left Scapula and bad impingement of the biceps tendon in both shoulders and eventually the RC and the LHBs just got worn away and snapped. I wish I knew as much about shoulder heath 10 years ago as I know now

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Subbed ... won't be around a whole lot, but nice to see a new journal up and rocking Andrew.
    Thanks Michael! You and Mrs Mosh are going to be very busy but I hope that you'll keep up with the training even if you may have to miss the odd session

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Nice squat session, sorry to see the world travels didn't fix the mental deadlift blockade. Deficits should help though, I know whenever I do them they make conventionals feel like rack pulls. That cage looks sweet as do the Bumper plates. Enjoy the home gym session tomorrow. That will be nice, no travels no hassel just step into your area there and hit it. i can see you breaking that mental barrier on the DLs quickly being able to hit them whenever you want.
    Thanks Tim
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Divorced Anesthesiologist S/P SAD, distal claviculectomy post op day 23 checking in.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Saturday 8th February 2015

Squats and bench ... home gym

Bench press
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)

Squats
    10 x bar
    10 x 60kg (132lbs)
    10 x 80kg (176lbs)
    6 x 100kg (220lb)
    6 x 100kg (220lb)
    6 x 100kg (220lb)
    6 x 100kg (220lb)
    6 x 100kg (220lb)
    6 x 100kg (220lb)

Poundstone curls
    25 x bar
    25 x bar
    25 x bar
    25 x bar

This was my first day playing in my hoe gym. I got my new 'spotting arms' today and this is the set-up that I had for the benching:

I started off with some benching trying to get my set-up on the bench feeling right. I went light because of my shoulders. This was just a trial but I'll be starting Macenko bench soon
    With the squats I'm just trying to keep up the volume in between squat sessions with JP ... the next one if those will be on Monday. I'm hoping to start getting into a proper routine from next week

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Excellent, love the setup, glad you got to take it for a test drive. Thanks for the form check and encouragement. I will likely copy and paste my training days here becuase I have received so much useful feedback from yourself and so many others over here. It just drives me crazy trying to add things from my phone on here. Ipad seems to be working okay again, not as well as before the "site improvements" but whatever. Have a good weekend!

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's a sweet setup!

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh wait, so you do actually use the home gym

Good to see the home gym broken in. I still have my gym membership but haven't used it now in quite some time. Good to have still though.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Solid session in the new sweet digs Andrew! That's going to be real handy when time is short, or your gym is closed at 2 on the weekends, etc. Most of all it will be great for consistency!

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great setup. I bench in the power rack as well as I typically train when virtually no one else is in there. I prefer it that way actually.

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL at "hoe gym".

Very nice setup there, great to have a nice rack you can get to at any time. When I bench I do it inside the rack, however. hadn't really thought about getting arms.
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    excellent set up Andrew

those a KG bumper plates I assume? hence you record your work in KGs
    you must have had them nearly all on for those squats today ? just the yellow ones stood idle and the Blue, Reds and greens all on the bar?

you gonna need more if you intend to deadlift at home , me thinks
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    You keep working like that, your confidence will come back, and your mind will unfcuk itself
    I'm hoping. It's funny how the mind works but I don't mind failing on a squat but I've had a tweak in my back for 2 years and once I start to think about it I may as well just stop training and grab a beer. This 'one step forwards, two steps back' progress on the deads has gone on for two years

Originally Posted by trickyB View Post
    Divorced Anesthesiologist S/P SAD, distal claviculectomy post op day 23 checking in.
    You're my BroFAM! I saw that you mentioned in another log that you'd just had a shoulder op ... hopefully you'll be back training soon. You've got a great looking avi so I'm sure you know what you're doing (plus, being an anaesthesiologist you must be OCD so you'll already be planning your training regime )

Excellent, love the setup, glad you got to take it for a test drive. Thanks for the form check and encouragement. I will likely copy and paste my training days here becuase I have received so much useful feedback from yourself and so many others over here. It just drives me crazy trying to add things from my phone on here. Ipad seems to be working okay again, not as well as before the "site improvements" but whatever. Have a good weekend!
    Thanks Tim ... it was really hot yesterday ... 100ºF so I had to set up a fan and plenty of fluid and then I took my time between sets. It was actually an exercise in working out where I wanted to place the hooks, the bars, and the 'spotting arms'.I'm going through in my head how I'm going to use this set-up ... my thoughts are that I will squat at least two or three times a week so maybe keeping my sessions with JP for pushing the boundaries and using the home gym for volume work maybe two days. Throw in a day of volume deadlifts where I will work on form and maybe do Macenko twice per week for the bench and that will leave the day pretty full

That's a sweet setup!
    Thanks ... it took a little bit of trial and error to work out things such as bar and bench placement .. how I will place my feet .. even where I'm going to look at the wall when I'm squatting. I'm looking forward to making good use now

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Oh wait, so you do actually use the home gym

Good to see the home gym broken in. I still have my gym membership but haven't used it now in quite some time. Good to have still though.
    I'm going to keep going to JP twice a week and I'll keep up the regular gym membership for days when I want to do cable and machine work, but I can see that I'll do most of my squatting and benching at home, even if I'm breaking up the day and just squeezing in an extra half hour

Solid session in the new sweet digs Andrew! That's going to be real handy when time is short, or your gym is closed at 2 on the weekends, etc. Most of all it will be great for consistency!
    That's my hope ... given that life has taken a turn and I'd found it difficult to be as consistent as I'd like. I'm still not in a routine but once I'm back fro the US at the beginning of March I'm hoping that I'll be set for some decent progress

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Great setup. I bench in the power rack as well as I typically train when virtually no one else is in there. I prefer it that way actually.
    Thanks ... I like benching in the power rack because it allows me to fail safely given that I've torn my shoulders apart on the bench before. My benching has been very sad for about 4 years so now I'm hoping to see some progress, even if it will be slow

Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    LOL at "hoe gym".

Very nice setup there, great to have a nice rack you can get to at any time. When I bench I do it inside the rack, however. hadn't really thought about getting arms.
    I just saw that ... the hoes must have left by the time I got there
    I originally planned to bench inside the rack and had the cross bars set but then the spotting arms allow me to bench but are also in a good position for me when I'm squatting as I like to step away from the rack when I squat

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    excellent set up Andrew

those a KG bumper plates I assume? hence you record your work in KGs
    you must have had them nearly all on for those squats today ? just the yellow ones stood idle and the Blue, Reds and greens all on the bar?

you gonna need more if you intend to deadlift at home , me thinks
    Thanks Steve .. yes, all kg bumpers. I actually have 4 reds, 2 blues, 2 yellows, 2 greens, so 190kg of bumpers, 10kg of small plates and the bar so I've got up to 220kg ... given that my PR on the deads is 190kg I've got a bit of leeway yet ... it'd be nice if I had to buy some new plates at the end of the year because I'd run out of weight

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    so much easier with a home gym... nice and simple and effective...
    Sleepy.

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Jackson Hole eh? Hope you left some time during the trip for some mountain activities... supposed to be some of the absolute best there.

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't believe you're almost off to JH. Conditions have looked pretty epic there all season, so I'm hoping you still get to take advantage of some of the snow!
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    so much easier with a home gym... nice and simple and effective...
    From your training it sounds like your set-up is pretty much rack, BB, plates, bench and pull-up bar as well. What else do you have?

Originally Posted by allieninja View Post
    Jackson Hole eh? Hope you left some time during the trip for some mountain activities... supposed to be some of the absolute best there.
    I'm hoping to get some decent back country runs in ... they'll involve some hiking but the countryside and the Tetons are so beautiful. Returning to JH and visiting Yellowstone during the summer are on my bucket list!

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Can't believe you're almost off to JH. Conditions have looked pretty epic there all season, so I'm hoping you still get to take advantage of some of the snow!
    Tim said that they'd had some rain in the village but there's been more fresh snow since and a big storm front coming through so conditions might just be perfect
    I'll be on the plane a week from now

Monday 9th February 2015

167lbs

Squats with JP

Warm-up
    paused side lunges

5 x bar each side
    5 x bar each side

Paused box squats ... 3 second pause ... 12" box
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 90kg (198lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 110kg (242lbs)
    3 x 120kg (264lbs)
    F x 130kg (286lbs)
    These really fired up the glutes
    Totally burnt by the time I got to 130kg

Deficit SLDLs .. 2" deficit
    6 x 100kg (220lbs)
    6 x 110kg (242lbs)
    6 x 120kg (264lbs)
    8 x 100kg (220lbs) with 3 second negative

Tri-set circuit
    DB step-ups 18" box ... 10 x two 40lbs
    GHD sit-ups ... 10 x BW+5kg
    GHD hyperextension ... 30 second hold +5kg
    DB step-ups 18" box ... 10 x two 50lbs
    DB step-ups 18" box ... 10 x two 50lbs
    Low back and glutes were lit up!

Glute and piriformis stretches

45 minutes

I spent Sunday at a crossfit comp run by a friend ... it was down by the beach in a great location and I really enjoyed myself but I think I ate one too many snacks from the Paleo Cafe or else drank one too many fermented acai berry juices because I woke up today feeling nauseous and was soon blowing chunks. Next were the aches and pains so I cancelled out of work and then went to bed. When I woke I was feeling better so I kept my appointment with JP but I had no energy ... kept it short and easy. Glutes got a good working though and the paused squats off the box really made them fire.

Some pics from Sunday at the crossfit comp. I went to support my friend who put on the show, as well as JP and a couple of other friends who were competing and the weather was beautiful

Thursday 12th February 2015

164.5lbs

Squats and deads with JP

Warm-up
    Paused ATG squats ... 10 x bar
    Paused ATG squats (very wide stance) ... 10 x bar
    Paused GMs ... 10 x bar
    Paused GM/ATG Squat complex ... 10 x bar
    Really great warm-up complex ahead of the squats

Squats
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    3 x 120kg (264lbs)
    3 x 130kg (286lbs)
    1 x 140kg (308lbs)
    1 x 150kg (330lbs)
    1 x 155kg (341lbs)
    Squats felt really good
    Last two @ 2 x BW

Deadlifts ... full re-set
    6 x 100kg (220lbs)
    4 x 140kg (308lbs)
    4 x 140kg (308lbs)
    4 x 140kg (308lbs)
    Felt good

Superset
    Pendlay rows

20 x 60kg (132lbs)
    20 x 60kg (132lbs)
    with Prowler pushes
    110kg+50kg sled = 160kg/352lbs x 40 metres
    110kg+50kg sled = 160kg/352lbs x 40 metres
    No rest
    Gasping for breath

Glute and piriformis stretches

45 minutes

I didn't expect much out of today ... I woke up and weighed myself @ 164lbs. Pretty pissed off with that and felt that being sick on Monday and off my food on Tuesday has had its effect. Didn't train on Tuesday or Wednesday either because I felt so weak. In addition I only got 4 hours sleep last night ... had to drop my girls at the airport for a 6am flight to Melbourne to help the youngest settle into her student accommodation
    Warm-up complex
    ATG paused squats > wide stance ATG paused squats > Paused GMs > paused GM/ATG paused squat/power up complex. My right knee had been achey and I was carrying an adductor strain but this all settled and I could feel that my hips and knees were tracking well
    Squats
    5 x 100kg ..... very easy
    3 x 120kg ..... still good but slight slowing down on the rebound
    3 x 130kg ..... JP said better than the 120 reps
    1 x 140kg ..... easy single
    1 x 150kg ..... felt better and lighter than the 140kg. 2 x BW squat
    1 x 155kg ..... nearly got stuck in the hole. Still another 2 x BW squat so pretty happy
    Deads
    Concentrating on speed off the ground, lock out, then drop the bar crossfit style ... full reset each rep. 140kg felt good. Mindfcuk at 160kg though ... FML
    Superset Pendlays/Prowlers
    20 rep pendlays were anaerobic themselves and then straight into the prowler pushes. It was 95ºF and I was gasping for breath. Love the way the prowlers hit the calves, glutes and hammies though

Overall, I was very happy with the session. Still work to do on the deads

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very impressive squat numbers Andrew, wow. Glad the deads felt good as well. The sled does sound really fun and intense, really wish my gym had something like that.

I really marvel at your numbers, and then think,"How long does this even take?". Then I see it's 45 minutes and I'm back to marvelling again. THAT would make me blow chunks!

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even though it sounds extremely warm, I am still envious of your weather right now. Would rather jump in the pool or ocean to cool off then deal with the cold crap here.

Very cool looking area/venue for that CF Comp. Close to where you live? Being in very close proximity to the beach is one of my favorite locales.......
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic

Very nice work there, especially after the little stomach bug. Sounds like a food born illness to me, damn dirty cross fitters . I'm inching my way closer to the 2x bodyweight squats, I'm going at it from the opposite direction of lower bodyweight lol. Pendlay prowler ss sounds like a punisher especially after the squats and deads. If I new that was coming I think I would push that prowler right out the door of the gym on the first set. .

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great to see you still getting some work in while life is a bit of a turmoil. That crossfit day would be a blast.
    ☻/
    /▌

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Still hitting good weight and reps, I know you always want more, but with all thats going on in your busy life I think your doing great, and with extra you can get in with the home setup, 2015 will be full of BPs.
    Please send some of that sunshine this way,,Im tired of winter now.
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

Very impressive squat numbers Andrew, wow. Glad the deads felt good as well. The sled does sound really fun and intense, really wish my gym had something like that.
    Thanks Shawn .. I'm still 10kg off my best squat and way too much my best ever dead, but at least the squats feel promising It was cool to do the prowlers again and they are such a great exercise!

I really marvel at your numbers, and then think,"How long does this even take?". Then I see it's 45 minutes and I'm back to marvelling again. THAT would make me blow chunks!
    He keeps me moving! When I'm on my own I'm a a slack bastard

Originally Posted by DocJekyll View Post
    Even though it sounds extremely warm, I am still envious of your weather right now. Would rather jump in the pool or ocean to cool off then deal with the cold crap here.

Very cool looking area/venue for that CF Comp. Close to where you live? Being in very close proximity to the beach is one of my favorite locales.......
    I used to live on the sea front but now I live in the centre of the city. That venue was only a 20 minute drive from where I live ... it's called Glenelg and it's the main beachside suburb

Very nice work there, especially after the little stomach bug. Sounds like a food born illness to me, damn dirty cross fitters : ). I'm inching my way closer to the 2x bodyweight squats, I'm going at it from the opposite direction of lower bodyweight lol. Pendlay prowler ss sounds like a punisher especially after the squats and deads. If I new that was coming I think I would push that prowler right out the door of the gym on the first set. : D.
    I blame the Paleo crap .... I just saw this bottled drink in the fridge on a hot day and ordered it, not knowing that it was fermented blueberrys and ginger. It tasted like some cat and peed in a bottle of sour milk
    The SS with the Pendlays/prowlers was awesome in a 'I hope he knows how to do CPR kinda way'. Drs ... on the last lap of the prowlers I thought that I should ask him what resist training he has

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Great to see you still getting some work in while life is a bit of a turmoil. That crossfit day would be a blast.
    Thanks Dave! And life is not getting any easier .... I'm due to have a court hearing on Monday, I'm flying back to the US on Friday, and my youngest daughter is moving to Melbourne to start University next Sunday ...

Originally Posted by jonnyboy44 View Post
    Still hitting good weight and reps, I know you always want more, but with all thats going on in your busy life I think your doing great, and with extra you can get in with the home setup, 2015 will be full of BPs.
    Please send some of that sunshine this way,,Im tired of winter now.
    Thanks Jon!

Saturday 14th February 2015

167lbs

Messing around with the home gym

Bench Press
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    8 x 50kg (110lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    Pussy weights I know
    Gotta start somewhere

Squats
    5 x 60kg (132lbs)
    5 x 80kg (176lbs)
    5 x 90kg (198lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)*vid
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)*vid
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    5 x 100kg (220lbs)
    Trying to get deep
    Short pause

Wide grip pull-ups
    6 x BW
    6 x BW
    6 x BW
    6 x BW
    6 x BW
    6 x BW
    Slow.
    Dead hang to chin-over bar

60 minutes

I had to work from 8am until 2pm on Saturday so the plan was to get familiar with the home gym in the afternoon (on a 40ºC/105ºF day )
    I played around with the bench position to find out what was the most comfortable for the bench in the rack, where to place my feet, where to place the support bars, etc. All very light weights for you guys but heavy for me but I was happy with the form and my shoulders didn't object too much
    With the squats: my right knee has been very painful for the last few days so I decided to concentrate on depth and form rather than going too heavy. I kept it to 100kg (2pps) and with a slight pause at the bottom, that was plenty hard enough for me without aggravating the knee .... I'm very conscious that I'm scheduled to have a squat session with JP on Monday, and that on Friday I'll be hitting the slopes in Jackson Hole so I want my knees to be in good shape
    These are the first vids I've taken in my home gym .. 2nd and 3rd sets of the squats. 'Yes' I need a haircut, and 'Yes' I'm carrying some padding, and 'Yes' I need to tighten that bar against my traps

http://youtu.be/mMG7M-ggNzk

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend guys

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Nice workout Andrew. Nice to see some home gym footage. In my brain, it thinks squats at 2pps isn't so bad....but after last weeks 5x5 I have to say it was hard as faak. My legs are still messed up lol. Squats looked awesome to me, great depth and control. Man, jealous of those calves!! That's what I have been trying to acheive!!! Maybe 10 or so more years lol

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looks like you will be having hours of fun with your new toys.. Nice easy win in the cricket today BTW.
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

If those squats were any more controlled you'd be a robot Nice session Andrew. Sounds like life still keeps on delivering right now for you. Remember to breath.
    ☻/
    /▌

[QUOTE=fittofattofit;1339582731]

He keeps me moving! When I'm on my own I'm a a slack bastard

Gotcha. So I just need to get one of these JP's downstairs, check.