Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why no sticky?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Orelabergel1 View Post
    Hey davis , I used your templates to build my workout program - it looks like this = Upper \ Lower \ Pull \ Push \ Legs .
    ill just mention the Upper and Pull sessions cause I dont think they are proportional . Im sure the rest are all right and by the templates.

Upper -
    Presses -
    Flat Bench 5X5
    Incline DB Press 3X8-10
    OHP 5X6-8
    Pulls -
    Bent over row - 3X6-8
    V bar seated row - 3X8-10
    Pull ups - 3XFailure
    ISO -
    Biceps curls - 3X6-8
    Rope pushdown - 3X10-12

Pull -
    Lat pulldown 3X8-10
    Chin up \ hammer grip still havent tried the hammer grip - 3Xfailure
    Wide grip seated row - 3X8-10
    Rack pulls - 3X5-6
    Face pulls - 3X10-12
    preacher curls
    alternated curls

what do you think I should change? I also have romanian deadlift twice a week in my leg sessions.
    I can't really judge half a program mate

Start a new thread and send me a link since this isn't really a critique my program thread.
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Why no sticky?
    Even if it was it'd be overlooked haha. That and so few people agree on programming balance so it's just one dude's opinion. Not sure beginners would heed the advice regardless. Having said that we don't sticky our own threads. If another mod feels like it's worth a sticky then they'll do it.
    Experience, not just theory

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Need need an official "what do you think of my program" thread lol

Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I can't really judge half a program mate

Start a new thread and send me a link since this isn't really a critique my program thread.

Even if it was it'd be overlooked haha. That and so few people agree on programming balance so it's just one dude's opinion. Not sure beginners would heed the advice regardless. Having said that we don't sticky our own threads. If another mod feels like it's worth a sticky then they'll do it.
    alright I posted another thread - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1560154001

naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 horizontal pulls (t bar rows, pendlays, wide grip seated row) basically anything with elbows flared 45 degrees or more rowed to chest. One must be a postural pull like face pulls or reverse flies)
    Hi Davis,

Thank you for this amazing template. I just wanted to know if I can substitute reverse flys for bent over rows? I can't do reverse flys with proper form (tried with just 5 pounds and I still fail at that). Everything else laid out in your template works perfectly for me, just the reverse flys.

Also, can I do dumbbell shoulder press instead of lateral raise (just feel my shoulders respond to it better)? Here's how I structured my A and B split following your thread:

Upper Day A - Lower Day A - Rest Day - Upper Day B - Lower Day B - Rest Day - Rest Day

Workout A (UB)
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    DL
    Pendlays
    Pull Ups
    Lateral Raises
    Skull Crushers
    Bicep Curls

Workout B (UB)
    Push Ups
    DL
    Reverse Flys (wishing it could be replaced)
    Chin Ups
    Lateral Raises (this one with dumbbell press)
    Skull Crushers
    Hammer Curls

Workout A & B (LB)
    Squats
    Lunges
    RDLs
    Good Mornings

Really appreciate the time you take for your reply.

Regards,
    Naser.
    Last edited by naser224u; 10-27-2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: adding splits

tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by naser224u View Post
    Also, can I do dumbbell shoulder press instead of lateral raise (just feel my shoulders respond to it better)? Here's how I structured my A and B split following your thread:
    I'm not Davis but no, lateral raises work your shoulder heads evenly so it's not a pull or push, in respect to pull push ratio. Shoulder press is a push though

Btw, does "DL" mean dead lift? If so, that's an odd routine you have.

naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50) naser224u will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tommy4life View Post
    I'm not Davis but no, lateral raises work your shoulder heads evenly so it's not a pull or push, in respect to pull push ratio. Shoulder press is a push though

Hi Tommy,

Yeah DL means deadlift. Could you please let me know why it is wrong (as I believe I have constructed it according to the advice Davis gave in the OP)?

tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've never seen an upper lower split with deadlifts on upper days. And 2x a week also.

Look up the Fierce 5 upper lower to get a good example of how to implement program balancing.

I've never seen an upper lower split with deadlifts on upper days. And 2x a week also.

Look up the Fierce 5 upper lower to get a good example of how to implement program balancing.
    Hi Tommy,

This is what the first post said.

Intermediate Upper/Lower Template

Monday-Upper Body
    1-2 presses (OHP, incline, flat bench, dips)
    2-4 pulls being
    1 upward pull (DL, shrugs, BOR)
    1-2 horizontal pull (t bar rows, pendlays, wide grip seated row…basically anything with elbows flared 45 degrees or more rowed to chest. One must be a postural pull like face pulls or reverse flies)
    1 downward pull (lat pulldowns, chin ups, pull ups)
    Note: You can get away with 3 pulls and 2 presses if you have a DL variant on lower day
    1-2 isos (curls, any tricep iso, but dips and CGBP don’t count)

Tuesday-Lower Body
    1-2 quad dominant lift (squats, leg press, lunges)
    1-2 ham dominant lift (RDL, SLDL, good morning, leg curl)
    1 calf iso (standing calf raises, seated calf raises)
    1 direct ab workout (ab wheel rollouts, crunches, any ab machine)
    1 optional glute exercise (hip thrusts, ABduction)

Wednesday-Rest

Thursday-Repeat with same or different exercises, but the template remains the same.
    Please let me know if this is wrong or maybe I have interpreted it wrong.

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I normally program DL on lower days like Tommy mentioned. It does say DL as an example for upward pull on upper day. I was trying to give common examples of upward pulls and not really intending to have someone program DL on upper day. DL on lower day would in fact count for the upward pull even if done on lower day. I also wouldn't DL twice a week.

As for your questions, DB shoulder press isn't a great sub for lateral raises because lat raises are a pull and shoulder press is a push; however you are too heavy on pulls so that works ok in your circumstance. I would not however sub reverse flies for bent over row. Try face pulls and see if that works for you.

FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) FritoFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are two main things I look at for a balanced routine.

1. Hips-How well are the lower back, quads, hams, abs and glutes balanced.
    2. Shoulders-How well the back/rear delts are balanced to the chest/anterior delts.

Let’s start with hips since they are relatively simple. For ham/quad balance you want to pair quad movements with ham movements at a 1:1 ratio. Same goes for direct ab work and lower back. Glutes generally get enough work, but some people need glute specific lifts(case by case basis.)

Shoulder health is a lot more complex. For starters you want 2xmore pulls than presses or chest work (For simplicity's sake we're going to consider chest isos as a press.) So depending on how many presses you have it dictates how many exercises you have for your back. If you have 3 presses you need 6 back exercises. If you have 4 presses you need 8...etc.

You also need to balance directional pulling to adequately develop all of the muscles attached to your scapula (17 of them.) There are a few exercises that must be in a routine like a press, postural pull like face pull or reverse fly, levator scap exercise, serratus anterior exercise...etc.

I hate to even talk about beginner routines because beginners have no business attempting to write anything. With that said, a lot of you are going to do it anyway so you might as well have a decent template to work with.

Full Body Beginner Template (frequently split between A & B workouts)

2-3 lower body exercises
    3-5 chest and back exercises
    1 direct ab workout
    1-2 optional arm isolations

Lower Body Exercises
    1 quad dominant lift (squats, leg press, lunges)
    1 ham dominant lift (RDL, SLDL, good morning, leg curl)
    1 optional calf iso or glute iso (calf raises, hip thrusts, ABduction)

Upper Body Exercises
    2-4 pulls being 1 upward pull (DL, shrugs, BOR), 1-2 horizontal pull (face pulls, pendlays, reverse flies), 1 downward pull (lat pulldowns, chin ups, pull ups)
    Note: DL counts for both back and legs
    1-2 arm isos (curls, any tricep iso, but dips and CGBP don’t count)

Few beginner programs have more than 6-7 exercises per day for good reason and this isn’t the time to go into that. If you want to have 10 then split them into A and B days so that you have 5 each day. Stick to the template outlined above.

Monday-Upper Body
    2-4 pulls being
    1-2 horizontal pull (t bar rows, pendlays, wide grip seated row…basically anything with elbows flared 45 degrees or more rowed to chest. One must be a postural pull like face pulls or reverse flies)
    Note: You can get away with 3 pulls and 2 presses if you have a DL variant on lower day

Tuesday-Lower Body

Wednesday-Rest

Thursday-Repeat with same or different exercises, but the template remains the same.

Advanced PPL Template

Monday-Pull (Back/rear shoulders/bis)

2 downward pulls (any lat pulldown or chin up variant)
    2 horizontal pulls (t bar rows, pendlays, wide grip seated row) basically anything with elbows flared 45 degrees or more rowed to chest. One must be a postural pull like face pulls or reverse flies)
    1 upward pull (BOR, shrugs, upright rows) (the second upward pull will be a DL variant on leg day, which makes it important to separate back and leg day)
    1-2 bicep exercises (doesn't matter)

Tuesday-Push (chest/front and lateral shoulders/triceps)

3 presses or chest exercises (flat bench, incline, OHP, dips, chest flies, cable crossovers)
    1-2 tricep isos (anything but dips or CGBP)
    1-2 direct ab work (ab wheel rollouts, crunches, any ab machine)
    1 optional lateral delt iso (lat raises)

Wednesday-Legs

2 quad dominant lifts (squats, leg press, lunges)
    2 ham dominant lifts (RDL, SLDL, good morning, leg curl)
    1-2 calf isos (standing calf raises, seated calf raises)

Thursday-Rest

Friday-Repeat. Doesn't have to be the same exercises, but the same format is important for joint health.

Obviously these are just templates designed to help those less experienced balance their development, avoid postural issues and optimize joint health. The more experienced you are the more you can deviate from the above templates, but it is safe to say that if you didn't already know this stuff you probably shouldn't be deviating at all. I'd like to note that nowhere in the above post did I address rotational balance (internal vs external rotation,) which is an entirely different can of worms that needs it's own thread.

If you'd like a program critique please start your own thread. Do not post it in this thread; it will be deleted.

This is great! A post like this is what I wanted when I first started out back in July. It answers some questions Ive been wondering about for a long time.

Thank you for the reply Davis. Really appreciate it.

So do you recommend I move DL to lower days and do DL one lower day and RDL the other (or do RDLs two lower days a week and just do DL on one lower day per week)? I do have two days gap between those DLs in my current routine.

Just FYI, I don't do really heavy DLs. I am at 80 LBS (3 sets x 8 reps) at the moment with proper warmup routines.

Also, if I am replacing DL on upper day, can I substitute for BOR as you mentioned in your original post (BOR would be twice a week in this case)?

Making all the changes you mentioned above, my routine would be:

Workout A (UB)
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    BOR
    Pendlays
    Pull Ups
    Dumbbell SP
    Skull Crushers
    Bicep Curls

Workout B (UB)
    Push Ups
    BOR
    Reverse Flys
    Chin Ups
    Dumbbell SP
    Skull Crushers
    Hammer Curls

Workout A (LB)
    Squats
    Lunges
    DLs
    Good Mornings

Workout B (LB)
    Squats
    Lunges
    RDLs
    Good Mornings

Weekly working days (in 7 days a week) would be: UB A - LB A - Rest - UB B - LB B - Rest - Rest

Thanks again for helping me. Have a great day!

Thank you as well, Tommy

I normally program DL on lower days like Tommy mentioned. It does say DL as an example for upward pull on upper day. I was trying to give common examples of upward pulls and not really intending to have someone program DL on upper day. DL on lower day would in fact count for the upward pull even if done on lower day. I also wouldn't DL twice a week.

As for your questions, DB shoulder press isn't a great sub for lateral raises because lat raises are a pull and shoulder press is a push; however you are too heavy on pulls so that works ok in your circumstance. I would not however sub reverse flies for bent over row. Try face pulls and see if that works for you.

looks good man, but at minimum I'd drop at least one BOR and sub in face pulls....as many as you can handle.

looks good man, but at minimum I'd drop at least one BOR and sub in face pulls....as many as you can handle.
    Thank you Davis. Apologies for the late reply. I was busy with work. I'd definitely take your advice, but I don't have access to equipment for face pull and I can't spare time to go to a gym (as mentioned in my first post). The main reason I was attracted to this program as it utilized simple equipment (dumbbell, barbell and bench press).

Could you please let me know any substitute for face pull or perhaps if it'd be better if I do it via a resistance band (I have one of those pull up assistance bands as well which I use to do pull ups and chin ups)?

Also, I have heard that doing squats and deadlifts on the same day isn't a good idea, what's your take on this?
    Last edited by naser224u; 11-03-2018 at 01:48 AM.

2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2. Shoulders-How well the back/rear delts are balanced to the chest/anterior delts.

Let’s start with hips since they are relatively simple. For ham/quad balance you want to pair quad movements with ham movements at a 1:1 ratio. Same goes for direct ab work and lower back. Glutes generally get enough work, but some people need glute specific lifts(case by case basis.)

Shoulder health is a lot more complex. For starters you want 2xmore pulls than presses or chest work (For simplicity's sake we're going to consider chest isos as a press.) So depending on how many presses you have it dictates how many exercises you have for your back. If you have 3 presses you need 6 back exercises. If you have 4 presses you need 8...etc.

You also need to balance directional pulling to adequately develop all of the muscles attached to your scapula (17 of them.) There are a few exercises that must be in a routine like a press, postural pull like face pull or reverse fly, levator scap exercise, serratus anterior exercise...etc.

I hate to even talk about beginner routines because beginners have no business attempting to write anything. With that said, a lot of you are going to do it anyway so you might as well have a decent template to work with.

2-3 lower body exercises
    1 direct ab workout

Lower Body Exercises

Upper Body Exercises
    2-4 pulls being 1 upward pull (DL, shrugs, BOR), 1-2 horizontal pull (face pulls, pendlays, reverse flies), 1 downward pull (lat pulldowns, chin ups, pull ups)

Few beginner programs have more than 6-7 exercises per day for good reason and this isn’t the time to go into that. If you want to have 10 then split them into A and B days so that you have 5 each day. Stick to the template outlined above.

Monday-Upper Body
    2-4 pulls being

Tuesday-Lower Body

Wednesday-Rest

Advanced PPL Template

1 upward pull (BOR, shrugs, upright rows) (the second upward pull will be a DL variant on leg day, which makes it important to separate back and leg day)

3 presses or chest exercises (flat bench, incline, OHP, dips, chest flies, cable crossovers)

Wednesday-Legs

Thursday-Rest

Friday-Repeat. Doesn't have to be the same exercises, but the same format is important for joint health.

Obviously these are just templates designed to help those less experienced balance their development, avoid postural issues and optimize joint health. The more experienced you are the more you can deviate from the above templates, but it is safe to say that if you didn't already know this stuff you probably shouldn't be deviating at all. I'd like to note that nowhere in the above post did I address rotational balance (internal vs external rotation,) which is an entirely different can of worms that needs it's own thread.

If you'd like a program critique please start your own thread. Do not post it in this thread; it will be deleted.
    This is great for noobs to build their base of knowledge so after some years we can start to create our own programs. Obviously as a beginner I'm doing a pre-made beginner routine (Fierce 5) but over time Id like to add to my base of knowledge by asking some questions using fierce 5 as a sounding board.

I read that you are supposed to work biggest muscle first followed by smallest muscle, as in for upper body; back, chest, shoulders, tris, bis, and forearms since thats biggest to smallest muscle, but in Fierce 5 you work your chest via bench followed by working your back via pendlays so how come Fierce 5 doesnt go from biggest muscle to smallest?

And am I right in understanding that the reason Fierce 5 doesn't have a shoulder exercise is because the compounds like bench and pendlays hit the shoulder enough?

I also understand as a noob I may be way off base, but when it comes to learning you have to start somewhere...
    Last edited by 2Wyckd; 11-03-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dwoodsey10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A little late, but hamstrings (especially, in sports) are often more important than the quads. As quads are used more in daily walking and activities. Would probably make that a 2:1 ratio
    David Woods
    B.S. Exercise Science, West Chester University
    DPT Class of 2022, Drexel University

2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2Wyckd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

There should be a list of exercises that are listed as neither push/pull. But I guess those exercises would all just be isolation exercises.

cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 2Wyckd View Post
    There should be a list of exercises that are listed as neither push/pull. But I guess those exercises would all just be isolation exercises.
    There's not a lot of them though, since usually you can always work the joint in the opposite direction.
    Read the fukcing stickies!

S/B/D/P
    565/385/600/270

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175988921

Originally Posted by Dwoodsey10 View Post
    A little late, but hamstrings (especially, in sports) are often more important than the quads. As quads are used more in daily walking and activities. Would probably make that a 2:1 ratio
    Youre supposed to exercise hamstrings and quads using both hip hinge and knee flexion, so is that for both quads and hamstrings respectively, ie squat (hip hinge) GHD raise (knee flexion), deadlift (hip hinge) leg curl (knee flexion)? So do you need to exercise knee flexion twice if youre doing quads and hamstrings or would only one exercise work, ie 1 quad, 1 hamstring and 1 knee flexion as opposed to 1 quad, 1 hamstring and 2 knee flexion?

Originally Posted by cornman99 View Post
    There's not a lot of them though, since usually you can always work the joint in the opposite direction.
    Like bicep curl/tricep extension? One is working joint in one direction, the other is working it in the opposite.
    Last edited by 2Wyckd; 11-08-2018 at 08:36 AM.

cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like bicep curl/tricep extension. One is working joint in one direction, the other is working it in the opposite.
    Exactly.
    Read the fukcing stickies!

S/B/D/P
    565/385/600/270

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175988921

Originally Posted by naser224u View Post
    Thank you Davis. Apologies for the late reply. I was busy with work. I'd definitely take your advice, but I don't have access to equipment for face pull and I can't spare time to go to a gym (as mentioned in my first post). The main reason I was attracted to this program as it utilized simple equipment (dumbbell, barbell and bench press).

Could you please let me know any substitute for face pull or perhaps if it'd be better if I do it via a resistance band (I have one of those pull up assistance bands as well which I use to do pull ups and chin ups)?

Also, I have heard that doing squats and deadlifts on the same day isn't a good idea, what's your take on this?
    DBs and bands both work for face pulls. Simulate the movement, not perfection.

Squat and deadlift can be too much depending on the athlete and their experience. In this context it is perfectly acceptable.
    This is great for noobs to build their base of knowledge so after some years we can start to create our own programs. Obviously as a beginner I'm doing a pre-made beginner routine (Fierce 5) but over time Id like to add to my base of knowledge by asking some questions using fierce 5 as a sounding board.

I read that you are supposed to work biggest muscle first followed by smallest muscle, as in for upper body; back, chest, shoulders, tris, bis, and forearms since thats biggest to smallest muscle, but in Fierce 5 you work your chest via bench followed by working your back via pendlays so how come Fierce 5 doesnt go from biggest muscle to smallest?

And am I right in understanding that the reason Fierce 5 doesn't have a shoulder exercise is because the compounds like bench and pendlays hit the shoulder enough?

I also understand as a noob I may be way off base, but when it comes to learning you have to start somewhere...
    Intensity and energy consumption is more important than large vs smaller muscle. That said it's all negotiable.

Shoulders get more work than any other muscle in the program.
    Originally Posted by Dwoodsey10 View Post
    To some degree I agree with you; however, normal daily use doesn't equal strength/size on the same level that bodybuilding does.

Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100)

2-3 lower body exercises
    1 direct ab workout

Lower Body Exercises

Upper Body Exercises

Monday-Upper Body
    2-4 pulls being

Tuesday-Lower Body

Wednesday-Rest

Advanced PPL Template

Wednesday-Legs

Thursday-Rest

My split goes like this - Upper / lower / pull / push / legs .
    You mentioned both in upper and in pull template that one must be postural pull .
    And I only hit rear delts directly once per week with this program .. is that enough ? Since my rear delts aren’t lacking or something ..
    Im 18
    Cutting atm.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Bump
    Not sure this will help. I have a feeling all the new posters on here with account 2024 dates are AIs....atleast I think they are.