Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeepbeep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hi all I wanna try my hand at Olympic Lifting

Hey everyone I read the stickies but I still have a few questions. A little about myself I have been lifting for about a year now. I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked manly due to eating like a little bish but that has changed this year and I have started counting calories.

My first question is can you guys recommend me a good beginner program? I had a look at Justin Lasceks beginner program and I liked to look of it anyone had any experience with it?

Finally do I need to have a coach of some sort to get started? I don't have access to and Olympic lifting gym or a coach I go to a 24 hour fitness gym I know the staff they would be cool with me doing Olympic lifts and stuff but none of them are really knowledgeable to help me out.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey man !

It's cool that you are interrested with olympic weightlifting !

I dont know good beginner program. But really, a good beginner program should include clean, jerk, snatch, back squat and front squat. If you practice these movements, you can't go wrong. Power clean, push jerk and power snatch are also good to add in your routine.

Can you drop the bar at the 24 fitness ? If you just have reguler iron plate, it's going to be hard.
    A OW coach will help A LOT. It's like any other sports, you will progress much much faster if you have a coach. It's still possible to learn on your own, but really, having just 1h of coaching per week will help a ton.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jeepbeep View Post
    Hey everyone I read the stickies but I still have a few questions. A little about myself I have been lifting for about a year now. I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked manly due to eating like a little bish but that has changed this year and I have started counting calories.

My first question is can you guys recommend me a good beginner program? I had a look at Justin Lasceks beginner program and I liked to look of it anyone had any experience with it?

Finally do I need to have a coach of some sort to get started? I don't have access to and Olympic lifting gym or a coach I go to a 24 hour fitness gym I know the staff they would be cool with me doing Olympic lifts and stuff but none of them are really knowledgeable to help me out.
    A couple things to address here.

Beginner programs: Lascek's is decent, and if you have a good strength base, would be good. I'm following a slightly modified version, but the days and intent is there. I'm not a beginner, just looking to compete for a Super-Total and get stronger. Other programs to look at are Glenn Pendlay, Catalyst Athletics, and Dan John. All have pretty good beginner programs.

Now, that being said, you would make the biggest progress with a coach. Have you looked on USAW's website? Do a google search for USAW LWC's (local weightlifting clubs) and put in your area. Call people close to you and get a feel for the coach. You can also do online coaching where you video yourself and the e-coach critiques and gives you solutions to work on specifically for you. However, I would first try and find an in-person coach to get you started. Where are you located?
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lascek's program would be my recommendation.

Saintsqc: Lascek's program is essentially a modified version of Pendlay's Supertotal.

MON:
    Snatch (heavy)
    Clean and Jerk (medium)

TUE:
    Squat
    Press
    Rows

THU:
    Snatch (medium)
    Clean and Jerk (heavy)

FRI:
    Front Squat