ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taekwondo ITF Training Log

I haven't seen any Taekwondo log so far, so I thought it would be interesting for some to read one.
    Background
    Started Taekwondo (traditional, not olympic) training in 2007 at age 9. Had a 1 year experience in Karate before, but that didn't do much to me, because I was fat, uncoordinated and not athletic at all. At age 15 started weight training twice a week. At first it was bodybuilding style training, at 16 moved to powerlifting style training three times a week and Taekwondo training became secondary. At 17 started to take Taekwondo seriously again, but my strength and conditioning training became irregular (I just did some random strength exercises once or twice a week) for a half the year. Now I have great strength coach and consistent training plan.
    Stats
    Height: 178cm / 5'10''
    Weight: 78kg / 171lbs
    Bodyfat: ~16-18%
    Goals
    1st - improve Taekwondo technique (I'm preparing for a red belt exam in next months (don't know date yet) and there will be at least 2 championships this semester)
    2nd - lose bf% (goal weight is 73-74kg)
    3rd - improve overall athleticism
    Training plan
    Monday - Taekwondo
    Tuesday - Light technique work, shadow box
    Wednesday - Strength
    Thursday - Taekwondo
    Friday - Light technique work, tricking
    Saturday - Strength
    Sunday - Rest

We and our Taekwondo club coach are working on filming technique videos, so feel free to check our work on our YouTube channel [youtube.com/channel/UC5-8WjBuYB9J8ej0J-Vm3Uw] (channel main language is Latvian, but I've translated almost every name/description in English too).

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you serious?

ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ITFguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1/23/2015 - Light technique work and tricking
    Today we were filming new material, so training wasn't very hard - just as planned.
    Todays training:
    Dan Gun pattern for video
    Tennis ball drills (punch and catch) for 10-15min
    Sparring combinations for 10min
    Self defense combinations for 5min
    Tennis ball drill (360 hook kick) for 5min
    Tricking stuff - handstand practice, kip up, human flag for 15min
    *Taekwondo Crew*
    Taekwondo ITF Training log - forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166095331
    Taekwondo YouTube channel - youtube.com/channel/UC5-8WjBuYB9J8ej0J-Vm3Uw

Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    are you serious?
    Yes. I am.
    *Taekwondo Crew*
    Taekwondo ITF Training log - forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166095331
    Taekwondo YouTube channel - youtube.com/channel/UC5-8WjBuYB9J8ej0J-Vm3Uw

Registered User SleeveStretchin's Avatar
    SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude, no.

iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iwant2beswole has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As someone who has done taekwondo throughout my teen years (5+), and spent a few years teaching, I can tell you it is a fukin joke. Most schools, even if they call themselves traditional, are total garbage and do not teach adequate self defense. Would not recommend unless you are just doing it for sport/fun and doing olympic style.

I got to a pretty advanced level at 2nd dan- could do 540 hook kicks and more flashy kicks, and could also beat up on other kids in sparring that somehow had a 4th degree belt. I do not believe this has much real life application. The only chance in a street fight that I would say I have is by unsuspecting head kick or spinning back kick by total surprise- and after the first attempt it's basically useless.
    watchout your comments boyo ↓

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i was teaching a tkd class , had a black belt until my friend invited me to a local mma gym. threw a kick., got taken down and ive been in bjj ever since.

CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000) CaseyJamess is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow OP has been shut down hardddd
    ~Misc BJJ crew~
    ~Electronic Engineer master race~

Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    17 - it is not too early?

WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WATCHAGAINCA is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    taekwondo? too much jackie chan 4 u tonight

TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000) TeamRamrod2 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    taekwondo is for pussies..

gypsy street fighting is were it's at.
    Aussie Crew
    Electrical Crew
    Madkhunt Crew
    Atheist Crew
    vegansarehomo Crew

Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yotone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    strong unnecessary bashing going on in this thread.