Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Some guy who lifts thedavidkendall's Avatar
    thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedavidkendall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm blown away, every day I find another invaluable resource offered for free on this site. It's painfully obvious that the company you work for is owned and operated by people who love going to work every day.

With that said, I'd like to ask a question since it's free and you've spent years upon years becoming an expert.

I'm hoping the question will come from the explanation.

There's a lot of literature that maintains the IIFYM ideology, but I personally find that "I" respond strongly to carbohydrates and especially simple carbs. By strong, I mean I could be 270lbs by Friday (Its Monday and I'm 246lbs).

So, here comes the bro-science that I'd either like you to reinforce with educated words or crap all over...

I have postulated that eating complex carbs in the A.M. will "kick-start" my day with an anabolic shock that carries well into the afternoon. Now, by the time my workout is done in the afternoon (30gms malto/dextrose PWO + 30-40gms protein) the simple sugars activate my insulin and drive the protein into my muscle cells for recovery/growth.

I then wait a couple hours and eat a high fat meal, specifically focusing on saturated fats, to aid me in hormone production while I sleep. Then i wake up and repeat.

Now this appears to be working for me as I have gained about 7lbs of LBM and lost over 40lbs since this competition has started.

Is there any science to back my feeble thoughts or could I be getting better results by ditching this methodology and doing something else?

Thank you in advance for your valuable time. It's really appreciated!

mickileelounz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good morning Dr. Wilson! I have been doing Project Mass, which i love, I lost a few weeks with a rib injury so i'm not exactly where I should be, but I look great and I'm getting stronger, the thing is, that stubborn lower ab/glute fat is holding on tight, can I go low carb without affecting my gains? I have been doing plenty of cardio, but it's still there. What do you suggest? Thanks! Micki~

golferj72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Dr. Wilson
    I was wondering your feelings on the best way(s) to break through a fat loss plateau. Should I reduce calories, increase cardio, reduce carbs, have a refeed carb up day, or some combination of the above? Thanks so much for your input
    Jason G.

Peaking

Another question Dr. Wilson. Is using the peaking strategy by Dr. Jim Stoppani a waste of time if your not below 10% bodyfat? Thanks
    Jason G.

jc1514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doc, I was wondering. If I train first thing in the morning and I eat a piece of fruit (besides from the whey and the pre-workout) would that affect the nutrient programming protocol? What are your suggestions?

MeliJu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Hi Jacob:)

It's my first time posting but I read frequently and find this thread very helpful! My question isn't science based but about the guidelines for the final contest photos. Should I ask you or is there another contact that would be better? Thank you for your support for all of us in this process

Originally Posted by MeliJu View Post
    It's my first time posting but I read frequently and find this thread very helpful! My question isn't science based but about the guidelines for the final contest photos. Should I ask you or is there another contact that would be better? Thank you for your support for all of us in this process
    Hi MeliJu,
    Go to the main challenge page and look for "terms and conditions" which should be right above the "featured article". Click on it and it will take you to where you can look at the photo submission guidelines.

The only thing is that you don't need a newspaper as the hashtag #200ktransform should suffice, but your welcome to hold up that days newspaper as well. Front, side, and back pics. Hope that helps
    Jason G.

santos98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Doctor jacob. i want to say. I have watch your videos and they are amazing and informative. I have follow the tips you have been giving and i have made good Reaults. Ok about the video That you want us to post. how long can it be And the tag has to be in the video or how do it post it on you tube. Thank

jcm115o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Doc. I just have one question I know that you are doing a live google+ hangout but unfortunately I can't watch it due to work is there somewhere else I can watch this at a different time or day? or would you post the things that you addressed in your live hangout??

corgill1584 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Dr. Wilson,

I was curious about our muscle glycogen. Does the body use glycogen in specific muscles or there overall body reserve. So say I do 500 push ups is the body going to use the glycogen directly from the chest and triceps? Thanks

djb1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

200k challenge

So I know we have to have the after pictures for the competition posted by April 5 . Just curious as to where we post them ? I will put them on my bodyspace but does that mean they will be seen by the judges ? How do I assure this ? Thanks

jooohi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @themuscleprof There are different interests and priorities when it comes to fitness. Are we docked for not having those 6 pack abs ? when we focused on gaining mass and trained with powerlifters rather than the bodybuilding approach? not fat by any means..just curious when it comes to the 200k transformation challenge 2015. Thank you!
    Juan Villegas

camseger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dr. Wilson,
    I have been on a steady weight loss journey since 9/2014 and have lost 40 lbs. Now I believe that I am about at the Body Fat % I would like to be. I would like to begin going back up but want to do it cautiously. What is a good Protein/Carb/Fat per pound cautious breakdown and how much muscle could I expect to gain per week or month? Thanks

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for contributing to the forum Dr Wilson, I enjoyed reading your thread.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by djb1991 View Post
    So I know we have to have the after pictures for the competition posted by April 5 . Just curious as to where we post them ? I will put them on my bodyspace but does that mean they will be seen by the judges ? How do I assure this ? Thanks
    PHOTO SUBMISSION: To enter, Contestant must also submit three (3) separate "before" photographs in "JPG" (.jpg) format using the instructions provided and depicting: front body view including face, back body view, body side view (though not required, ¾ body or full body pictures are best for showing Contestant's full transformation), the front view must include the present day's newspaper with the date clearly showing. The newspaper can be dated anytime between December 29, 2014 and January 12, 2015. All "before" photos must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm MT January 12, 2015. Contestant must be clothed in a bathing suit or similar clothing. Contestants are encouraged to stay active in BodySpace and to use BodySpace tools to enter body fat percent before, during, and after the competition. Staying active in BodySpace, includes but is not limited to: updating fit status regularly, tracking workouts, joining the BodyGroup and conversation in the group, adding friends, uploading progress pictures weekly, using the Fitboard, etc. Contestant must also submit three (3) separate "after" photographs with the same requirements as the "before" photographs by no later than 11:59 pm MT on April 5, 2015. Contestants are encouraged to enter body fat percent and weight. Sponsor reserves the right to contact any Contestant who has entered the Contest to request resubmission of one or more of the "before" or "after" photographs (collectively the "Images") or to request that Contestant submit additional Images. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the Images and entries submitted by modeling agencies or professionally produced or those that have been enhanced or altered will be rejected. Photos should be submitted to the progress section of BodySpace.

Submission of Images and entry in the Contest constitutes Contestant's consent to use the Images on Sponsor's websites and associated or affiliated websites in perpetuity without compensation. Contestant represents and warrants that he or she has all rights to the Images and all materials submitted in connection with the Contest. Contestant grants a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license of the Images and any materials submitted in connection with the Contest to Sponsor. Sponsor will decide, in its sole discretion, whether or not to accept Contestant's photographs or other materials. Sponsor will not be responsible for any financial reimbursement to the original copyright holder for the right to publish the Images as provided herein. Sponsor will not be held under any obligation to publish a photo credit to the original copyright holder for the publication of an Image. Contestant agrees to hold Sponsor harmless, defend and indemnify Sponsor from any and all liabilities, loss, claims, or causes of action, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses that may be incurred by Sponsor, arising out of or relating to Contestant's Images or any violation of the Rules.
    Jason G.

Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joegiombi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Week 11 challenge

Hey Jacob.
    I was just curious if you got my week 11 video? I made all 4 tags on YouTube but I see the challenge winner was sent out and my video was never even watched?

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dr Jacob Wilson,

I will be gone Monday through Wednesday out of town so most likely not going to have the same view as the before pictures. can I take pictures on Saturday, Sunday or anytime this week? or is it okay to take them in a hotel setting?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

knels010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Dr. Wilson! I appreciate all of the time and knowledge that you share with us. I have a quick question, What is the best time of day for the best peak picture? Is it first thing in the morning before you eat breakfast or later on in the evening? I have been following Project Mass (what a program!!) and this Sunday will be an active rest day so I will most likely only be running that day. Is there any tips to help show off the most definition as possible while sticking to the diet plan leading up to this Sundays deadline? Thanks again, you and your team rocks! ps can not wait for Project Shred ;-D

braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) braskibra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Doc

Any ideas on naturally boosting test levels

Aside from sleep, sat fats, and hit

DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DrMuscle86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dr. Jacob,
    technical question please;
    for the (after photo), can I take it with tanning or it should be without anything? and the posing should be relaxed or posing is OK?

Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 58 years old, I have lost a good 35 lbs or more a few years back,. I love my new size. Not crazy about gravity, it makes me look old. Seems I have some xtra skin that hangs and is not real pretty. How can I make myself look younger, please tell me it is not to late.I also need to work on my assets , behind for one. It got deflated, along with my chest. CAN OLDER WOMEN GAIN MUSSLE AND TIGHTEN UP THAT EXTRA SKIN? HOW?. I HAVE BEEN RIDING BICYCLE To and from Work and everwhere I go. Is it ok to ride everyday I ride it hard and fast. It Is a struggle at tImes, and some.Times I want to hop on a bus and cheat. I lost my weight riding my bike and I try to get to the gym As much as I can. Love working with weight lifting. Is it never to late . WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MUSCLE AND STRONGER. And don't forget SEXY, LOL I DON'T WANT TO GET OLD. HELP

Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb 40k plus reasons I ride my bicycle every where .

Originally Posted by Ralive View Post
    I am 58 years old, I have lost a good 35 lbs or more a few years back,. I love my new size. Not crazy about gravity, it makes me look old. Seems I have some xtra skin that hangs and is not real pretty. How can I make myself look younger, please tell me it is not to late.I also need to work on my assets , behind for one. It got deflated, along with my chest. CAN OLDER WOMEN GAIN MUSSLE AND TIGHTEN UP THAT EXTRA SKIN? HOW?. I HAVE BEEN RIDING BICYCLE To and from Work and everwhere I go. Is it ok to ride everyday I ride it hard and fast. It Is a struggle at tImes, and some.Times I want to hop on a bus and cheat. I lost my weight riding my bike and I try to get to the gym As much as I can. Love working with weight lifting. Is it never to late . WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MUSCLE AND STRONGER. And don't forget SEXY, LOL I DON'T WANT TO GET OLD. HELP
    40k PLUS REASONS I RIDE MY BICYCLE

Registered User patrickcameron1's Avatar
    patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) patrickcameron1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Dr. Jacob, just following Jim Stoppani's 7 scientific steps to a camera ready body, now, he recommends 3-4g of simple carbs per pound of lean mass, now, I am wondering if that amount is for the entire two days loading or is that amount each day of the load... please advise, not much time left. I loaded 620g of carbs yesterday, and will load about 350-400 today unless anyone says something different.

LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LIZDUNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Dr. Wilson,

I've been taking a non stimulant fat burner however, It did NOT provide the exact results I wanted. What non stimulant product would you recommend or perhaps a low stimulant product? I cannot take any high stimulant product thus, my reason for my question.

Thank you,

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Paging Dr Wilson

for me to win, I uploaded my pictures to bodyspace. Is there anything else I can do to help my chances of winning the forty k or eighty k?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Registered User TempleBuilder79's Avatar
    TempleBuilder79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question about the Project Mass Program. When exactly are you to start using the advanced training? Especially the blood flow restriction. I can use the eccentric almost every workout as long as I have a partner. The blood flow restriction states it works best if you use 50% of your normal workout weight. So would you suggest during the hypertrophy sessions using this method even though it states otherwise in the program?
    Stephen (Soldier of God)

Registered User kourtneygrisham's Avatar
    kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kourtneygrisham has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do you have the macro percentages for the 14 week project mass program meal plan?