Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting the 2 year journey a day early

My goal: To lose 120 pounds in 2 years (a rate of 1.15 per week).

Weight Now: 290
    Height: 5'9
    BF%: 36

Weight Goal: 170

Starting calorie goal: 2200-2300
    Gym: Start at 4 times per week (cardio and weight training)
    1 cheat meal every two weeks only.

I would love to lose 120 pounds in 1 year but not doing that because I want to limit as much loose skin as possible.

sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sherlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So been four days since I started. Haven't weighed in yet, will do that every two weeks.

Progress: My calorie intake has been about 2300-2350 for the past four days.
    I stopped on all the sodas, junk food, etc.

Worked out 3 days the past week, looking to up it up to 5 this coming week.

The three days I did very light workouts with squats, deadlifts, bench press, all the regular stuff with about 40 minute cardio. All of the workouts were very light weight because I didn't want to injure myself.

The toughest part of the journey: Feeling hungry constantly. This wasn't like that a week ago and generally happens when I start dieting. I started to drink water more but that isn't necessarily making me more full, rather it is making me hit the washroom more often.

All is good though. Still holding on strong after four days.

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Big journey looking forward to following your success what made you decide to start now?????
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
    Big journey looking forward to following your success what made you decide to start now?????
    I have always been overweight, so I have tried before multiple times before. I decided to keep a log of it and hopefully this will help somewhat. But I have a good feeling about it this time around.

Also I should mention, the last couple of years were perhaps the most mentally challenging years of my life, so I really want the next couple of years to replace those previous two years with positives.

Just weighed myself this morning, the scales are exaggerated/ water weight.

Current Weight: 285.5 (-4.5)

I want to keep it strictly at a loss of 1.0-1.5 pounds per week but considering this is the first week, maybe that is why the loss is more.

Felt very embarrassed to update this post due to my lack of progress. I haven't weighed myself for 3 weeks more or less because I am kind of scared to find out. I will weigh myself next week (I promise that to myself). Hope this was just a hiccup.

Now back at it.

Well decided to weigh myself after all.

Starting Weight: 290
    Current Weight: 287
    Month Loss: - 3

Terrible start, but I am in the minus so I have that going for me.

SW: 290
    CW: 286.1
    T: -3.9 lbs

Started hitting the gym again and being more diet focused. Was so stressed out the past couple of weeks, the cardio helped a lot.

Had a pretty decent week. The eating and calorie counting still needs a bit of work but I didn't do anything too bad over the past week.
    This week my goal is to eat a little more "cleaner".
    My original weight goal was 170, I am bumping that to 177.

I'll check my official weight soon.

My statistics are still the same:

CW: 286.1
    T: -3.9 lbs

3.45% done so far.

Main weight training progress:
    Squats: 95 lbs
    Bench: 90 lbs
    Dead-lifts: 135 lbs

Cardio I keep consistent between 20-30 minutes per workout.

CW: 286.2
    T: -3.8 lbs

3.362% of the goal done so far.

Been awhile since I posted but might as well keep a record here since I started here!

SW: 290 (I could have sworn it was less, but I guess that's the weight I started!)
    CW: 251.6 (as of this morning)
    Total Loss from Dec 30, 2014-January 14, 2016: 38.4

Weight Goal: 168

31.475% of the goal done so far!

I am 100% confident that I will make 2016 the year, especially since I am more aware what to do compared to last year, know my pitfalls, where I crumble, importance of nutrition, workouts, muscle and all that!

Here is to a successful 2016!!

Squat: 230 lbs
    Deadlift: 234 lbs
    Military Press: 100 lbs
    Pull Downs/Revers: 57.5 lbs
    Rope: 62.5 lbs
    Bench: 140 lbs
    Curls: 30 lbs
    Reverse Curls: 30 lbs
    Bar Curls: 65 lbs

Haven't really gotten back to the workout routine for the past 3 weeks because came back from vacation, but definitely starting back again this Friday, so might take me 2-3 weeks before I can get back to the current numbers that I have as I don't want to stress my muscles.
    Last edited by sherlow; 01-14-2016 at 09:08 AM.

I guess you can say an extremely slow journey but still losing.

CW: 248.6
    Total Loss from Dec 30, 2014-January 14, 2016: 41.4

Upping my game again by lowering calories to 1850.
    Going to work on getting my protein count to 170 g, I have no idea where to get this protein from.

CW: 244

Total Loss from Dec 30, 2014 to Feb 28, 2016: 46 lbs
    Weight goal: 168

37.77% done.

76 more pounds to go!

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, great job OP, even after dissappearing for about a year you continued to work on your goals and make some progress. All the best
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    Wow, great job OP, even after dissappearing for about a year you continued to work on your goals and make some progress. All the best
    Thanks! Appreciate it, been tough lots of ups and downs, but still doing it. And you have an awesome progress going on as well!

Really hoping I can hit 235 by the end of this month! Hitting that number will be huge boost for me!

Still not really appreciative of what I accomplished, I want to lift more but the winter months are killing me. Hope the weather warms up here in Toronto this week!

Today's weigh in was 243 lbs.

75 more to go!

Kind of bummed that I haven't hit the half way mark yet.

Have 14 pounds to go til I hit the half way mark. Really need to get that going.
    Last edited by sherlow; 03-11-2016 at 08:23 AM.

ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sherlow View Post
    I guess you can say an extremely slow journey but still losing.

CW: 248.6
    Total Loss from Dec 30, 2014-January 14, 2016: 41.4

Upping my game again by lowering calories to 1850.
    Going to work on getting my protein count to 170 g, I have no idea where to get this protein from.
    Just had the same problem with the protein.
    Got some good advise from a forum member:
    I assume you eat 6 times a day, where you eat a small thing between the main meals. Just ad a shake with protein powder with that. That's 50gr of protein extra a day, Than chicken(can be smoked chicken for bread) about 100gr with lunch that's another 30gr, than steak or chicken 200gr at diner that's 60gr. that in total is already 140gr of protein the rest u can get through something like 0% greek yogurt at night or a view egs at breakfast.

Keep on going.

Keep on going.

Start 131,9kg
    wk1 130,3kg
    wk2 129,6kg
    wk3 129,6kg
    wk4 129.4kg
    wk5 129.7kg

Poraa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Poraa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Poraa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Poraa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good luck, I find this thread relatable as two years ago mid March I weighed in at a heavy 306 pounds at age 25 when i decided to join a gym. I'm at 210 currently and this is truly a marathon with ups and downs. I also remember weighing myself once a week and often saw the day as my 'goal day' and used that as motivation to stick to not eating junk food. But in actuality, I just couldn't handle disappointment from the weight changes due to water I found short term weight loss goals like hitting 270, 250, 220, etc. worked better for me psychologically.

Originally Posted by ProjectNL View Post
    Just had the same problem with the protein.
    Got some good advise from a forum member:
    I assume you eat 6 times a day, where you eat a small thing between the main meals. Just ad a shake with protein powder with that. That's 50gr of protein extra a day, Than chicken(can be smoked chicken for bread) about 100gr with lunch that's another 30gr, than steak or chicken 200gr at diner that's 60gr. that in total is already 140gr of protein the rest u can get through something like 0% greek yogurt at night or a view egs at breakfast.

Keep on going.
    Hey thanks for the advice. That is what I am doing now. I made my protein intake to 150 g since my weight goal is around 168 lbs, so trying to keep it a little closer to that number now.

Have been doing 2 scoops every morning which has been an easy 50 g, the rest mostly getting from chicken breast, etc.

6 meals, I am still struggling with but do get 4 meals in a day. With the last meal ending up being fruits just to solve the sugar crave.

Originally Posted by Poraa View Post
    Good luck, I find this thread relatable as two years ago mid March I weighed in at a heavy 306 pounds at age 25 when i decided to join a gym. I'm at 210 currently and this is truly a marathon with ups and downs. I also remember weighing myself once a week and often saw the day as my 'goal day' and used that as motivation to stick to not eating junk food. But in actuality, I just couldn't handle disappointment from the weight changes due to water I found short term weight loss goals like hitting 270, 250, 220, etc. worked better for me psychologically.
    Honestly, I know what you mean. The worst is when you have a bad cheat day and all that sodium which sky rockets the weight, those can be a huge damper for me.

And it is a marathon all the way through. Not the easiest thing to accomplish, but we will do it!

Congrats on the weight loss progress! The short term weight loss goal is a great idea! Going to keep that in mind.

Progress:

239.8 lbs

71.8 lbs to go!

Had a terrible past 3 days, been over my calorie limit thrice: 2500, 3000, 2700 these past three days (my regular is 1900). A lot of is from junk, feeling quite bad.

Not sure why I slacked off, there was just this feeling of hunger that didn't stop, and really did not know how to stop.

I am not quitting, I am still hoping to reach 237 goal by this Friday.

Cant stop, wont stop. Nuh uh.

Had to write this terrible feeling out so I remember not to do this.

I guess the common mistakes I recall is:

- Not doing an early workout (decided to take the day off because of long weekend)
    - Not drinking enough water which is really bad

I am gonna do a light skipping session, few burpees, push ups and leg raises-- get myself back on track.

Feels bad man.

Hey guys and gals!

So did a weigh-in today: 238.0 LBS
    I am happy I crossed the 50 pound loss!
    Have 70 more to go!

I look at myself in the mirror and still go: "Holy crap, I am so damn fat" and go back to feeling terrible with how much I weighed - forgetting how far I have come.

Goal for the month of April: Lose 8 lbs
    Calories: 1850-1900
    One Cheat Day Per Week: 2500 Calories
    Go to the gym 3 times a week

AIM: 232.0 lbs!
    LETS DO THIS!

Weigh in: 236.0
    68 pounds to go.
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Six pounds to go in April.

Weigh in: 227.6
    59.6 lbs to go.

Reached the half way mark...took awhile just to get here, I hope to complete this weight loss journey by December 31, 2016, so lets do this.

Really tired of having belly fat. Gotta do this, won't stop.

Weigh in: 226 lbs
    58 more pounds to go.
    Kind of sucks how I only lost 10 pounds in 2 months, but I guess cannot be too upset as long as I am losing.

Noticing that I am slowly getting trimmer but the stomach area is still a bothersome and annoying to look at. But starting to look better in clothes, which is a huge plus.

I believe if I lose 10 more pounds, I will be a size 38'! Waste wise its fine but thighs and calves feel a bit tight, but think its only a 10 pound difference. Lets see!

First time below 40' since I can ever remember, I think grade 9 where I was 36'.