ChargersSB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

TDS or Titan Power Rack??

Hello,

I have been doing a ton of research. This will be my first power rack and my budget is on the lower end. In looking at all the reviews for the lower end models I have narrowed it down to either the TDS (sold by New York Barbells) or Titan. I just wanted to have some last minute input on these two models. Any opinions on which might be better?

Can't post links, it won't let me.

But TDS is the one on Amazon for $239 plus $70 for shipping and the Titan one is from the Titan Distributors site for $289.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where are you?

Let's take a look at Craigslist first.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Santa Barbara. Unfortunately I keep checking and nothing shows up in our town. Usually it is old standard weight benches etc. I have yet to see a power rack.

gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabeinphx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't speak for the TDS, but HD titan is a great rack. The one you are looking at from titan is not the HD version, but has a decent review on YouTube. The review title states HD, but is the regular rack you are looking at. Hopefully others can chime in on the TDS rack. Probably why I did not go with that one either, not much as far as reviews. Also not sure if you can buy extra J hooks on NY barbells site, but they are available for the Titan. Thinking west side spacing on the Regular Titan, not sure on the TDS.
    Last edited by gabeinphx; 12-27-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Originally Posted by gabeinphx View Post
    Can't speak for the TDS, but HD titan is a great rack. The one you are looking at from titan is not the HD version, but has a decent review on YouTube. The review title states HD, but is the regular rack you are looking at. Hopefully others can chime in on the TDS rack. Probably why I did not go with that one either, not much as far as reviews. Also not sure if you can buy extra J hooks on NY barbells site, but they are available for the Titan. Thinking west side spacing on the Regular Titan, not sure on the TDS.
    Thanks, I watched the video. Seems like a great rack for the price.

Milk is for babies. michaelstone's Avatar
    michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can buy a bunch of extra stuff for TDS rack on NYBB site. I was looking other day because I'm pretty sure they'll fit rack I bought from Treadmill Factory.
    "It's common knowledge man. You should only use Indica for bulking, Sativa for cutting."

"Who needs proper form? He was too busy setting PR's! Forget proper form, acquire PR's!"

"It's STILL your MUTHAFU$KIN set!!!!"

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.”

I ended up getting the Titan power rack. For $289 (that included free shipping and tax) I couldn't pass up the price. With 700 lb. capacity, that will be sufficient for my needs. Thanks for all the input.

jcooney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChargersSB View Post
    I ended up getting the Titan power rack. For $289 (that included free shipping and tax) I couldn't pass up the price. With 700 lb. capacity, that will be sufficient for my needs. Thanks for all the input.
    Just wanted to check in and see how you like the rack so far, im minutes away from buying one myself.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is a 50/50 chance he didn't survive with those j-hooks and welds, just saying....
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Shotmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    seems like the weight horns on the TDS rack are more invasive, that may bother you during the squat

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    There is a 50/50 chance he didn't survive with those j-hooks and welds, just saying....
    lmao.

tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had the Titan. It's OK. The short rack was too short for me to squat in, I'm 6'4".

Had to get the HD, it's taller.