Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Waxing or shaving?

As some of you probably know by now, Iím preparing for my first Bikini Competition. I realize I have to do some serious hair removal, preferable all body I guess?! At least thatís what my spray tan provider tells me.
    Iíve never waxed before, so are there certain things I need to be aware of? Iím thinking I have to get a bikini or Brazilian wax and shave as much as possible (to save some bucks).

Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynzijoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have answers but following this to find out what others have done. Waxing terrifies me!!

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Waxing hurts, particularly bikini and underarms but it's temporary and if you have it done within a few days should mean bump free. Depends how fast your hair grows really but you could just shave it all on the day

I don't compete, clearly, but had most of my body hair lasered it's nice not to have to think about it tbh

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just shave.

If you do wax, you want to give it a test run a few months ahead of time to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions. Any irritation to the skin will hinder the tan from taking.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just shaved for my show. Waxing makes me break out in tiny bumps really bad and took weeks to clear up. Maybe test out the wax a month or two out from your show and see how your skin reacts to it.

It's a lot less expensive to to have a friend shave you and you don't run the risk of having a bad reaction to it. That's my vote.

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just shave. I know some wax but I just take the easy route and shave. Do NOT use nair or chemical hair removers! NO. They often react with the tan and turn you a weird shade of green or worse the tan doesn't take well and you end up patchy.
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.facebook.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've always shaved for all my shows and it works just fine for me.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com

bikinicompgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikinicompgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sillky View Post
    As some of you probably know by now, I’m preparing for my first Bikini Competition. I realize I have to do some serious hair removal, preferable all body I guess?! At least that’s what my spray tan provider tells me.
    I’ve never waxed before, so are there certain things I need to be aware of? I’m thinking I have to get a bikini or Brazilian wax and shave as much as possible (to save some bucks).
    While some are happy with shaving, I preferred the freedom I felt waxing gave me. (Now I have had laser so I don’t have to think about it!) I think it looks better and the fact you can have it done several days out from show day is very practical! Those last days are busy..
    You should do at least 1, preferably 2 test runs with wax prior to your show. You might get some irritation first time, but not necessary thereafter.

Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you do wax ahead for testing, be sure you give yourself enough time to grow the necessary length again.

BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you have a good plan, get a Brazilian wax and shave the rest. Wax more if you can afford. Don't worry the pain, it's so quick. I guarantee you'll love the result.
    Consider to have your arms (over) waxed, re growth will be much smoother than the stubby like hairs you'll get after shaving.
    As people already have advised you, get waxed at least once ahead.

If you plan to continue competing, I strongly recommend you to look into laser hair removal. It's so great and in my mind definitely worth the investment.

sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sy2502 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The morning before I do the 1st round of tan, I get a couple of new razors and shave myself top to bottom. Full body shave. It doubles up as exfoliation too.

I did brazillian wax for one show, it was the most shockingly painful and undignified thing I ever did. Why should I submit myself to that again is beyond me.

Of course asking your husband to shave your azz isn't the most dignified thing either...
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sillky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and experiences, I really appreciate it!
    I have more or less decided to stick with my original plan, a Brazilian wax and shave the rest. Maybe I'll wax my arms as well.

I've decided to get my first Brazilian on Thursday, that way I'll have plenty of time for one more before my final one (not saying last!) before my competition. There are so much said about getting a Brazilian, and it seems an equal amount makes me more worried, while the other half makes me believe this is going to be just fine. Lol, I feel the nerves as the day closes in... Appreciate any advice

stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just do shave my ex bf shave for me lol, never try wax yet.

Originally Posted by stepmahoe View Post
    I just do shave my ex bf shave for me lol, never try wax yet.
    Yeah, I guess I need some assistance for my back..

It's now one month since I've had my first Brazilian wax and an appointment is made for my 2nd next week.
    The actual experience wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

To all of that shave most for competition, don't you get very stubby-like re-growth?? I just talked to a girl at the gym that said I must wax everything, shouldn't even think of shaving my arms etc because they were going to look like the arms of a man when the hair grows back..

stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) stepmahoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Permanent shaving

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have done shaving, waxing and lasering, all at home. I even tried sugaring. I now usually wax and the areas I have lasered (I have a machine) don't really require much attention anymore.