Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Strong Mind, Strong Body. LoganBrown's Avatar
    LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey guys, I think I may have finally found some stability. After months of job searching, waiting, trying to stay busy, and generally feeling like my life was headed nowhere, I may have finally found the break I needed. For those following, you know I was unable to return to school and moved to Tennessee to find work. It's crazy because that marks my third address and third state in under a year. Things have been hectic yet slow and figuring out life hasn't been easy, but I feel like I've found some footing now. I've been doing everything in my power to get my life back on the right track and I may be gaining some ground here. I've found a new job as an electrical apprentice and will be doing this over the next 4 years through my electric company's apprenticeship program where I'll be working and attending school to become an electrician. I've also been looking to do some personal training on the side and have been trying to get my name out there as well as learning to play guitar and sing with the hopes of landing a few open mics here and there when I become skilled enough. I've been consistent in the gym and have been cutting the past 1.5 months to get rid of some of the fluff I accumulated over the stressful period. Current macros are 2130 200P/200C/58F (always had to cut on poverty macros) and bodyweight of 177-178, down from 194.

Pics

Not comfortable with where my body fat is currently to be honest, so I'm wanting to cut to 170. Possibly 165 then begin another bulk. I've definitely gained mass since my last cut, so I'm happy with that. Just can't wait to see what will happen now with some TRUE consistency and smarter training. I'm hoping to enter an NANBF physique show in August of 2017 so the cut will continue until mid July or so and then the clean bulk begins.

Let's get the ball rolling again!
    Strong mind, strong body.

445 Squat/500 Dead/295 Bench

LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LoganBrown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Also, one more thing that I just want to bring up. I know this a bodybuilding forum, but I feel that bodybuilding carries over into all areas of life and the discipline from this sport can make you a better person. I'm sharing this story not in an effort to look for sympathy or pity, but rather just me owning up to my actions and knowing my mistakes. I'm only moving up from here.

Well about this time last year, I made the decision to stop being a good person. In fact, I made conscious efforts to not be a good person. People often said I was a "great guy" and that I was a very quiet and polite young man. I was definitely your stereotypical "nice guy". I took this the wrong way and thought they were basically saying I was a doormat. After hearing that one too many times, I began acting out, making bad choices, and generally going against everything I believed in. I did this thinking that it would earn me respect because I was no longer being a pushover (I've always been guilty of being a bit more on the laid back, passive side until provoked). Looking back, the way I acted was selfish, immature, and downright dumb. I hurt people close to me, burned bridges, and generally lived recklessly thinking it was the right thing to do. Binge drinking was involved, random hookups were involved, church was thrown aside, and I actively looked for confrontations. I got caught up in what the misc called "alpha" when in reality it was nothing more than me being a jerk. Anyone who is Christian and knows the story of the Prodigal Son; that was me down to the letter.

I've since moved on from acting this way and regret it any time I think about it. I control my actions now and stay away from the misc who had a heavy influence on my actions. I'm posting this because I feel it is relevant to my bodybuilding lifestyle. With the right mindset, you can move mountains; with the wrong mindset, you won't even move a pebble. During this time my gains were slow despite working as hard as I could, similarly to how my friendships with others were slowing down with me trying too hard to be something I wasn't. I was in the wrong mindset. I was also attracting the wrong crowd, which further led me down the wrong track. With each wrong step I took, the next one came easier. This really pushed me to believe in the law of attraction and that you attract things from what you think about and how you carry yourself. If you think badly and carry yourself badly, you will only bring more bad. If you think well and carry yourself well, you will bring more of that.

This brings me to the point I want to make; all walks of life, bodybuilding included, tie into one another to paint one big picture; you. All these parts that make up who you are can either be filled with negativity and produce negative results (me last year) or they can be filled with positivity and produce positive results (what I'm focused on building right now). From here on out, I choose to live as not the old, pushover LoganBrown, but the new LoganBrown who learned that being a bad boy isn't all it's cracked up to be. Discipline will take the front seat now and bad temptations will no longer haunt me in any area of life.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, let's get back to the disciplined lifestyle of bodybuilding that manifests itself in every other walk of life whether it be school, relationships, work, etc! Time to kill it at my new job, new school, and new life!

Today's weigh in was 179 flat after my weekly refeed yesterday. Macros for my refeed are set at 160P/500C/50F. I use a heavy refeed due to my job being strenuous at times and my body has been responding great! I imagine my weight will reset between 176-177 in a day or 2. Lower Hypertrophy today.

Squats 5x10

Set 1: 185x10
    Set 2: 195x10
    Set 3: 205x10
    Set 4: 215x10
    Set 5: 225x10

RDL 3x10
    Set 1: 185x10
    Set 2: 185x10
    Set 3: 195x10

Hack Squat 3x20
    Sets 1-3 were done with 1 PPS.

Lying leg curl 3x12
    Set 1: 80x12
    Set 2: 80x12
    Set 3: 80x12

20 mins cardio on stair master wrapped up this workout.

Broke my foot at a trampoline park today and it's in pretty rough condition. Not gonna lose hope, but I'm definitely upset about this setback. It's my 8th broken bone and I'm at the ripe age of 21. Still gonna work upper body, but lower is out of commission for a while.

I was hoping my foot would be better by today and I could get back to work, definitely not the case. Still swollen, still hurting, and can't bear any weight on it whatsoever. Unsure of how this will affect work since I'm barely 5 weeks in, but it's looking to be a setback on my bodybuilding journey as well as working my way through the apprenticeship program. Soooooo much of our work, hell all of our work, is active and requires the use of our feet. For the past 2 weeks we've been down in a pit laying pipe and I can't count how many times we'd climb in and out of it. There's also climbing ladders, walking a lot, squatting down a lot, and pretty much anything involving our feet. A few of my friends who are studying pre-med and work as ER techs think I've fractured my foot and that I'll probably be unable to even walk for a month, let alone work. It's disheartening for sure, but I'm still unsure of what the doctors will say as well. I'll be getting an X-ray done later today to find out for sure. If worst comes to worst, I'll keep looking at the positive side of things and keep my head up. It's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up and try again.

TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WOW, how did I not know that you had a log?! somehow just missed it. In on this! Sorry to hear about the foot, though, as well as the other hardships that you've faced. And here I was over here having a little pity party for myself because I was having to be on my feet all day as a pharmacy tech. Doesn't even hold a candle to your requirements. I know that I've never experienced the sort of hardships that you've had but I do wish you the best of luck. Can only hope that your situation improves.

I have experience with the sort of "alpha" lifestyle that you're talking about. My junior and senior years of high school I got really into drinking, loads of different drugs and really just all around poor decision making. Vandalized a lot of property, stole/shoplifted frequently and all-around just acted like a piece of ****. It wasn't until I got busted for contributing to causing $15,000 worth of damage to a golf course while being extremely intoxicated following a breakup that I could begin to straighten out and get myself together. and that's also when I got into the gym. Happy that I got all of that out of my system prior to going to college. Going through those sorts of periods is all too common, I feel. I feel like I am a completely different person now. I agree. The "bad boy" stereotype is terribly overrated.
    Last edited by TGreggors; 06-08-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    Documentation of the full year of training prior to my first bodybuilding contest: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167779831

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171615023

"Training is the actual stimulus while nutrition is only permissive to muscle growth."-Eric Helms

Bodybuild like no one is watching

Originally Posted by TGreggors View Post
    WOW, how did I not know that you had a log?! somehow just missed it. In on this! Sorry to hear about the foot, though, as well as the other hardships that you've faced. And here I was over here having a little pity party for myself because I was having to be on my feet all day as a pharmacy tech. Doesn't even hold a candle to your requirements. I know that I've never experienced the sort of hardships that you've had but I do wish you the best of luck. Can only hope that your situation improves.

I have experience with the sort of "alpha" lifestyle that you're talking about. My junior and senior years of high school I got really into drinking, loads of different drugs and really just all around poor decision making. Vandalized a lot of property, stole/shoplifted frequently and all-around just acted like a piece of ****. It wasn't until I got busted for contributing to causing $15,000 worth of damage to a golf course while being extremely intoxicated following a breakup that I could begin to straighten out and get myself together. and that's also when I got into the gym. Happy that I got all of that out of my system prior to going to college. Going through those sorts of periods is all too common, I feel. I feel like I am a completely different person now. I agree. The "bad boy" stereotype is terribly overrated.
    Hey man glad to have you on board! My foot situation is definitely not the best, but luckily it's just sprained and not fractured. I started working on walking on it today (if that's what you could call it, lol it's barely a walk at all) and I'll be returning to work tomorrow. I'd say it's about 50-60% right now, so getting back to work will most likely be pretty painful and tough, especially considering I'll be hopping right back into the ditch we've been working in. But if I hope to keep this job, it's a must. Just gotta tough it out and hope for the best.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one here who has gone through a bad run like that. I wasn't in the right mindset for sure, but I'm out of it now with many lessons learned. That whole bad boy stereotype looks cool in movies and stuff and even with some people in real life, but chances are it'll just come back to bite you in one way or another eventually. Cheers to learning and growing from it!

Back in the gym today. I injured my foot just last Saturday, but I figure taking it easy on an upper body workout won't hurt me. I was running an upper lower strength/Hypertrophy split, but since I won't be working legs for the next few weeks I'll be switching over to a push/pull Hypertrophy focused split. I say Hypertrophy because leg drive is a huge factor in many lifts when focusing on strength. With this Hypertrophy split, I will be focused more on emphasizing more moderate reps (10-12) while focusing more on stimulating the muscle rather than driving the weight with my full body on lifts such as bench and OHP. So without further ado, let's get this rolling.

DB Bench 4x10-12
    Set 1: 65x10
    Set 2: 65x10
    Set 3: 65x11
    Set 4: 65x10

*im definitely capable of more, but taking it easy until my foot is better is my first priority.

Incline Bench Press 3x10-12
    Set 1: 115x12
    Set 2: 115x11
    Set 3: 115x10

DB upright row
    * unable to perform these as my biceps tendon is aggravated from the trampoline park as well, went too hard on the obstacle course 😭

OHP machine 3x12
    Set 1: 85x12
    Set 2: 85x12
    Set 3: 85x12

Lateral Raises 3x15
    Set 1: 30x15
    Set 2: 30x15
    Set 3: 30x15

DB skullcrushers 3x10
    Set 1: 30x10
    Set 2: 35x10
    Set 3: 35x10

Ended it here 👌🏻

Body weight this morning was 178.4, however I weighed at the gym in shoes and everything and was 176. So hopefully the latter is more true than the former. Losing around 10 more lbs and finishing up this cut. Here is a shot from this morning.

New low weigh in of 175.2. I find it pretty bizarre that my weight came in this low since last week where it was 177-178 consistently, especially considering I had a 500+ carb refeed Saturday and was inactive with a crappy diet for Sunday-Wednesday. Not arguing it, but the body works in strange ways!

As for my foot situation, the pain has increased quite a bit since yesterday and some discoloration is present for the first time. Can't miss any more work though so gotta keep trucking.

Starting Weight: 195

Morning Weight: 175.8

Goal Weight: 165-167

It's insane how much weight you truly have to lose to actually get lean. At 195, I had a blurry 4 pack and some cuts in my delts as well as my triceps with some mild upper back definition. Most likely 17-18% Bf. I thought for sure 170lbs would have me right around the 8% bf range. But I'm probably looking at the mid 160's for 10% - the single digit % bf range.

Another push day since any leg exercises or pulling exercises are off limits. Hopefully I'll be back to pulling soon, just gotta give my bicep tendon a break. It's not unbearable pain by any means, but it's definitely uncomfortable during any exercise that requires flexion at the elbow.

Higher Rep Push day

Incline DB Press 4x15
    Set 1: 50x15
    Sets 2-4: 55x15

*Id gotten so used to heavier weights for lower reps that these sets were a struggle. It feels awesome!

Flat Bench Press 3x12-15
    Set 1: 135x15
    Set 2: 145x13
    Set 3: 145x12

DB OHP 3x15
    Set 1: 40x15
    Sets 2-3: 45x15

Lateral Raises 3x15
    Sets 1-3: 30x15

DB Skullcrushers 3x15
    Sets 1-3: 30x15
    Last edited by LoganBrown; 06-11-2016 at 01:05 PM.

TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    can relate to the "how much weight you have to lose to get lean" comment, lol. At 180 last August, I thought I was keeping things relatively lean for being in a gaining phase and that 158-160 would be stage weight, but boy was I wrong. Little did I know that I was sitting like 30 pounds over, and that's not even with that insane of conditioning at all. feels
    Documentation of the full year of training prior to my first bodybuilding contest: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167779831

"Training is the actual stimulus while nutrition is only permissive to muscle growth."-Eric Helms

can relate to the "how much weight you have to lose to get lean" comment, lol. At 180 last August, I thought I was keeping things relatively lean for being in a gaining phase and that 158-160 would be stage weight, but boy was I wrong. Little did I know that I was sitting like 30 pounds over, and that's not even with that insane of conditioning at all. feels
    Its insane man. I'd say you were definitely on the lean side of things at the end of your bulk. To the general population, you'd have been considerably lean I imagine. I have no clue where all this weight comes from to be completely honest. It baffles me. In my bodybuilding career so far, I've had probably 4 solid cuts (too many I know) and each time I thought I would need to be at X weight to be ready to reverse. It's usually 5-10lbs lighter no matter what. Like I said above, I thought FOR SURE 170lbs would have me in the single digits or at 10% at least since 195 had me at about 17% bf. I'll most likely be around the 11% range at 170 and will need to be around 160ish to be a true 8% bf. Right now at 175ish, I've got some pretty strong shoulder striations and a decent amount of definition in my arms and chest as well as quad definition. It would be a great base to start a bulk from but I feel that being a bit leaner would optimize it even more. I'll probably continue this cut til I get into the 165-170 range and begin a slightly aggressive reverse diet from there.

Weigh in this morning was a new low at 174.8, so that's a plus! Not going to the gym today as I'm more than likely coming down with a case of bronchitis and it would also be a pull day which I'll be unable to do for a bit longer. This last week hasn't been the best, but I'll come back strong.

Morning weigh in was 175.8 today, but was probably due to a fluctuation from what I ate yesterday.

Went and saw the orthopedic doctor today and found out that I'm suffering from a few avulsion fractures in my foot, which is basically where the ligament pulls on the bone so hard that it rips a small piece of bone away. Doc is telling me to stay off of it for the next 2 weeks, but it hasn't been giving me too many issues at work so I plan on heading back in tomorrow and just taking it easy. I'm scheduled for an MRI later this week and I'll decide if I should take off from work or not depending on the results from the MRI.

A few shots of it

Push Workout

Flat DB Press 4x10-12
    Set 1: 65x12
    Set 2: 65x12
    Set 3: 70x11
    Set 4: 70x10

Incline DB Press 3x12-15
    Set 2: 50x15
    Set 3: 55x13

Standing Single Arm DB OHP 3x8-10
    Set 1: 40x10
    Set 2: 40x10
    Set 3: 45x10

Cable Crossovers 3x12-15
    Set 3: 50x15

Lateral Raises 3x15

DB Skullcrushers 3x15

Decent workout, but looking forward to being done with this cut so strength will be at its best! Foot is still in pain with bruising showing up in a new area. Luckily my boss at work is insanely cool about it. Most bosses in the field I'm employed in would expect me to be going balls to the wall despite my foot being fractured but this one is making me take it easy and not do anything uncomfortable besides walking. He told me to feel free to take some more time off if I need it, which I may take him up on. The pain is not getting any better and new areas are beginning to hurt and bruise which I know isn't good. Will post MRI results once I get it done.

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're cutting now? What's the goal?

I think if you wanna come in diced.. you'd have to drop into the 150's
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    You're cutting now? What's the goal?

I think if you wanna come in diced.. you'd have to drop into the 150's
    Yessir, just cutting to make sure I have a lean enough base to bulk from. I'm wanting to be 9-10%ish bf by the end of the cut. Diced isn't the goal until late 2017 or 2018 when I plan on competing again. I'd love to compete sooner but I feel wouldn't have the best starting point.. The original intention of this cut was a shorter mini cut so I began it rather aggressively at a pace of 2-2.5lb loss per week. I didn't realize I'd have this much weight to lose so it turned into a more traditional cut, just one where I began too aggressively. Lesson learned for the future. 👌🏻

Originally Posted by LoganBrown View Post
    Yessir, just cutting to make sure I have a lean enough base to bulk from. I'm wanting to be 9-10%ish bf by the end of the cut. Diced isn't the goal until late 2017 or 2018 when I plan on competing again. I'd love to compete sooner but I feel wouldn't have the best starting point.. The original intention of this cut was a shorter mini cut so I began it rather aggressively at a pace of 2-2.5lb loss per week. I didn't realize I'd have this much weight to lose so it turned into a more traditional cut, just one where I began too aggressively. Lesson learned for the future. ����
    The good thing about having a history on stage is that you have a decent idea of the ballpark range of what BW you need to attain to be lean. What was your BW when you competed last? but yeah man, lesson learned! and nice push workout up there. dat volume.

The good thing about having a history on stage is that you have a decent idea of the ballpark range of what BW you need to attain to be lean. What was your BW when you competed last? but yeah man, lesson learned! and nice push workout up there. dat volume.
    My stage weight last time around was in the high 150's, but I could've lost another 10 easily lol. Just got a bit hesitant to lower calories more and my conditioning suffered because of it. I'm jealous of guys like Matt Ogus and Alberto Nunez who can begin a diet relatively lean at 500+ carbs and still be eating 300+ at the end of it tbh! My weight has actually been stalled out around 175 here lately but I'm almost positive that's because I've been unable to train any kind of movements that involve the legs or elbow flexion (pretty much any back or bicep movement, some shoulder movements even) and any kind of cardio is off limits as well due to my foot. I figure as soon as I get back into the groove the weight should be coming off smoothly again.

Been about 3 weeks since my last pull workout, but today I broke that spell. Bicep tendon felt fine so I got a decent amount of volume in.

T Bar Row 4x6-10
    Set 1: 45(2)x10
    Sets 2-3: Same
    Set 4: 45(2)+10x8

Pull-ups
    4x10

Barbell Curls 4x8-10
    Set 1: 55x10
    Set 2: 55x10
    Set 3: 65x10
    Set 4: 65x10

Seated Cable Row 4x8-12
    Set 1: 100x12
    Set 2: 120x12
    Set 3: 120x12
    Set 4: 120x11

Lat Pulldown 4x8-12
    Set 1: 120x10
    Set 2: 100x12
    Set 3: 100x12
    Set 4: 100x12

Preacher Curls 4x10-12
    Set 1: 45x12
    Set 2: 55x12
    Set 3: 55x12
    Set 4: 55x10

DB Shrugs 4x15
    Sets 1-4: 70x15

DB Curls: 4x10-15 (Hold peak contraction 3 seconds)
    Set 3: 30x13
    Set 4: 30x12

All in all, great pull workout and great pump. Strength is awful but I know it'll return.

Happy Fathers Day to anyone who may a father in these forums! Take the time to relax and enjoy it.

Morning weigh in today was 174.5 which is a new low. Starting to see some new veins here and there and some striations here and there as well. Should be the home stretch of this cut and I can begin a more aggressive reverse (I say more aggressive because I'm about to be working a lot of overtime in the heat without any days off in the coming months so my body will definitely need the extra cals and nutrients to keep up with a higher volume routine). I'll be taking a free meal today in memory of my dad who passed 11 years ago. His favorite food was ribeye steak so I'll do my best to fit that into my macros but if it doesn't fit perfectly I won't stress too much. Hope everyone has an awesome Fathers Day.

Hit the gym for a high volume push session after church today. Good workout overall.

Incline Bench Press 5x5-10
    Set 1: 135x10
    Set 2: 135x10
    Set 3: 135x10
    Set 4: 135x9
    Set 5: 135x8

Flat DB Flies 4x8-12
    Set 1: 35x12
    Set 2: 35x12
    Set 3: 40x12
    Set 4: 40x12

DB Upright Row 4x6-10
    Set 3: 55x10
    Set 4: 60x8

Flat DB Press 4x10-12
    Set 1: 55x12
    Set 3: 60x11
    Set 4: 60x10

Cable Crossovers 4x12-15
    Set 2: 40x15
    Set 4: 50x15

Seated OHP 3x10-15
    Set 1: 55x15

Pec Deck 3x15,12,10 (pause at peak contraction 3 seconds)
    Set 1: 100x15
    Set 2: 100x12
    Set 3: 100x10

Seated Lateral Raises 3x15-20
    Set 1: 30x20
    Set 2: 30x18
    Set 3: 30x16

Woke up this morning to a weigh in of 174.4. Things moving back in the right direction since I've been able to incorporate pulling movements again and do light cardio! The goal is still 165-167 weight wise, so 9 lbs to go. 5 weeks ago I was sitting at 183 so I've been losing roughly 2lbs a week. I imagine this will slow down a bit now since I'm getting leaner (nowhere near "lean" but leaner). I've got the itch to compete again soon but I will hold off until 2018. Let's hope and pray that I can remain injury free until then!

Today was an off day, just did 20 minutes on the elliptical and called it a day.

Weigh in: 173.6 new low! My losses tend to come off in chunks rather than in linear fashion it seems. 7-8lbs to go and I begin the reverse!

High Volume Pull workout

Deadlift 5x3-5
    Set 1: 225x5
    Set 2: 235x5
    Set 3: 245x5
    Set 4: 255x5
    Set 5: 275x5

Took it light since my foot isn't completely better.

Bent over Barbell Row 4x8-12
    Set 1: 135x12
    Set 2: 145x12
    Set 3: 145x11
    Set 4: 145x12

Lat Pulldown 4x8-12
    Sets 1-3: 120x12
    Set 4: 100xfailure (16)

Hammer Strength Row 3x8-10
    Sets 1-3: 45+25x10

Rear Delt Row 4x6-10
    Set 1: 50x10

Face pulls 2x12
    Sets 1-2: 60x12

DB Shrugs 4x6-10
    Sets 1-4: 75x10

Barbell Curls 12-15
    Set 1: 55x15
    Set 2: 55x14
    Set 3: 55x12

Thought I'd practice some poses this morning since I'm leaner than normal and can see more definition. Not satisfied by any means, but I do like how my hands on hips MM turned out.

Morning weigh in: 172.2. A new low, but tomorrow I'm sure will be back around 175ish lol. Refeed day today @ 150P/450C/45F.

High volume push workout (chest/Tricep focus)

Incline CGBP 5x5-10
    Set 1: 115x10
    Set 2: 115x10
    Set 3: 115x10
    Set 4: 115x8
    Set 5: 115x8

Incline Flies 4x8-12
    Set 4: 40x12

DB Skullcrushers 4x8-12
    Set 1: 30x12
    Set 2: 30x12
    Set 3: 30x12
    Set 4: 30x12

Incline DB Press 4x8-12
    Set 1: 50x12
    Set 2: 50x12
    Set 3: 50x12

Dip Machine 4x12,10,8,8
    Set 1: 45 on each side x 12
    Set 2: 45+25 x10
    Set 3: 45+25 x8
    Set 4: 45+25 x8

Cable Crossovers 4x12-15
    Set 3: 50x13
    Set 4: 50x12

Tricep Pressdown 3x12-15
    Set 1: 140x15
    Set 2: 140x13
    Set 3: 140x11
    Last edited by LoganBrown; 06-22-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Got my MRI done today and should have results next week. Feels somewhat fine other than when I had a drill dropped on it 😅 Still tender and swollen but I'm getting around better. Today was a pull workout!

Bent over rows 4x8-12
    Set 1: 135x12
    Set 2: 145x12
    Set 3: 150x11
    Set 4: 150x10

Pull-ups 4x10 BW

Barbell Curls 3x8-10
    Set 1: 65x8
    Set 2: 65x8
    Set 3: 65x8

Cable Row 4x8-12
    Set 1: 120x12
    Set 2: 120x11
    Set 3: 120x9
    Set 4: 120x8

Lat Pulldown 4x8-12
    Set 1: 120x12
    Set 2: 120x12
    Set 3: 120x10
    Set 4: 120x8

Plate Loaded Preacher Curl Machine 3x12-15
    Set 1: 45x15
    Set 2: 45+5x12
    Set 3: 45+5x12

DB Shrugs 3x6-10
    Sets 1-3: 80x10

DB Hammer Curls 3x12-15
    Set 2: 35x15
    Set 3: 35x12

for some reason the image up there^ on the 21st isn't loading for me. Keep it up! Doing any leg extensions/leg curls in addition to the deadlifts to get some lower body stimulus in while waiting for the results or just planning on waiting and recovering?

Hmm, that's strange. I've never been too savvy without computers so that's probably why lol. I'll get it figured out 👌🏻

Thanks man! For the past 2 bulking cycles I've been through, I focused on lower rep programs to failure on every set. My recovery suffered and I never progressed optimally. I'm going to focus strictly on moderate weight Hypertrophy style workouts and staying a rep or 2 shy of failure this next cycle though and see how it works for me and hope results improve. I've seen muscle gains from those programs for sure, but I figure since I've been in the game for 4 years now, those gains could've been muchhhhh better.

I have been doing light extensions and ham curls as well as RDL's but taking it easy. My foot tends to clench up when doing those exercises and when that happens it feels like a lightning bolt striking it. Luckily, my leg strength usually returns quick so as soon as this heals up I'll be back to squatting heavy in no time.

Solid Push Workout (Chest+Delt Focus) today. Went out last night and had some sushi so it fueled my workout tremendously!

Incline DB Press 4x8-12
    Set 1: 55x12
    Set 3: 60x12
    Set 4: 65x12

Flat DB Flies 4x8-12
    Set 4: 45x12

DB Upright Row 3x6-10
    Set 3: 60x10

Flat Bench Press 4x12-15
    Set 1: 135x15
    Set 2: 135x15
    Set 3: 145x13
    Set 4: 145x12

Cable Crossovers 4x12-15
    Set 2: 40x15
    Set 4: 50x13

DB OHP 3x10-15
    Set 1: 45x15
    Set 2: 45x12
    Set 3: 45x11

Pec Deck 3x12,10,8 (hold contraction 3 seconds)
    All sets done at 100lbs

Lateral Raises 3x12-15