Thread: Advice please.

carrow83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice please.

Hello I am new to Olympic lifting and am really impressed by the athleticism of this sport and out of all the strength training disciplines I am most interested in this I was wondering if anyone had training programs for Olympic lifters that could help me out to really dive all the way into it, also help on nutrition could be great as I work 12 hour shifts on a dairy farm and expend a lot of energy and have no breaks other then the 3-4 minute down times between change over and a 15 minute break when we clean the system out I have trouble with ideas of what I could get in to get the healthy kinds of calories I need. Looking forward to responses thanks.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by carrow83 View Post
    Hello I am new to Olympic lifting and am really impressed by the athleticism of this sport and out of all the strength training disciplines I am most interested in this I was wondering if anyone had training programs for Olympic lifters that could help me out to really dive all the way into it, also help on nutrition could be great as I work 12 hour shifts on a dairy farm and expend a lot of energy and have no breaks other then the 3-4 minute down times between change over and a 15 minute break when we clean the system out I have trouble with ideas of what I could get in to get the healthy kinds of calories I need. Looking forward to responses thanks.
    First of all, I would tell you to look up USA Weightlifting and find a club/coach near you. This is the fastest way to learn the lifts.

There are plenty of programs out there, just do a google for beginner Olympic lifting programs. I like the Dan John program and Pendlay's beginner program.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133