SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Splits for kicks?

I want to be able to kick higher, if i worked on stretching everyday and in a week i'm able to do a split, will my kicks automatically be higher?

KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SmallShrimp View Post
    I want to be able to kick higher, if i worked on stretching everyday and in a week i'm able to do a split, will my kicks automatically be higher?
    What's your current angle when attempting a split? Unless you can almost achieve a full split, it's going to take a while.

Will your kicks be higher, yes. But they'll still suck without the use of proper technique.

OP will never know cameintodissu's Avatar
    cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameintodissu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Short answer, yes.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Eh....depends.

I can't do a split for crap. I can also probably only side kick probably about just under the rib cage. But, I can front kick/teep someone about 6ft square in the jaw all day long.

Splits won't hurt, but I personally wouldn't worry too much about them....just keep practicing your technique and work on kicking higher and higher.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to kick higher, practice kicking higher. You need dynamic flexibility and muscular control to make it work, not just static flexibility. I can't do the splits for crap, but I can headkick a mother****er.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    but I can headkick a mother****er.
    Sounds like you would benefit from a visit to my dojo.