Thread: 41 big but fat

Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy 41 big but fat

I have lifted for a long time. Maybe since 1990 or so. I am 6'3" and am about 292, down from 300+. Personally, I would like to be 250. I am not going down as fast as I hoped. Some backround information on myself. I have had brain tumors partially removed with chemotherapy and radiation. That would be 2 surgeries. Since the Fall of 2003 I have been a stay at home Dad. It has been good and bad. I get to see my kids but there is isolation I suffer from. I can get lazy being at home. I lifted at home for a long time but it was such a pain to move everything out of the way. Mowers, bikes, boxes of sporting goods, pull out the car just to get in some lifts. Maybe less than 2 months ago I joined a gym that has everything I could want. My knees hurt and have had shoulder surgery so I don't feel hot a lot. I may carry my weight well but I do not like how I feel. I have dove into Gironda's 8x8 routine and I like it. Lighter weights, little rest, huge pumps, and soreness I have not had in a long time. Esentially I need to train like a body sculptor as opposed to putting up big weights right now. Joining a gym has really been nice compared to tripping over scooters in my garage. What I NEED to do is walk. I walked the dog today for 40 minutes. It is boring but if I can get up before the kids and wife get up that is a plus. My volume in the weight room is very big. My issues tend to be night time eating and patience.

Day 1

Chest
    Decline low cable – crossover (touch hands at waistline) 8 X 8
    Bench press to neck – 8 X 8
    Incline Dumbbell Press – (palms facing each other) 8 X 8
    Wide Grip V-Bar Dips – 8 X 8

Biceps
    Drag Curl – 8 X 8
    Preacher curl (top of bench at low pec line) – 8 X 8
    Incline Dumbbell Curl – 8 X 8

Forearms
    Zottman Curl – 8 X 8
    Barbell Wrist Curl – 8 X 8

Day 2

Shoulders
    Dumbbell Side Lateral raise seated – 8 X 8
    Wide Grip upright row – 8 X 8
    Front to back barbell shoulder press – 8 X 8
    Dumbbell bent over rear deltoid lateral – 8 X 8

Triceps
    Kneeling rope extension – 8 X 8
    Lying Tricep Extension – 8 X 8
    2 Dumbbell Tricep Kickback – 8 X 8

Day 3

Back
    Sternum Chin up – 8 X 8
    High bench two dumbbell rowing – 8 X 8
    Low cable row with 18″ high pulley – 8 X 8
    Medium Grip Lat Pulldown to Chest – 8 X 8

Abs
    Double Crunch – (pull in knees and elbows together at same time) 8 X 8
    Weighted Crunch – 8 X 8
    Lying Bent Knee Leg Raises – 8 X 8

DAY 4

Quads
    Front Squat – 8 X 8
    Hack machine squat – 8 X 8
    Sissy Squat – 8 X 8
    Leg Extension – 8 X 8

Hamstrings -
    Supine Leg Curl – 8 X 8
    Seated leg Curl machine – 8 X 8

Calves Standing Calf raise – 8 X 20
    Seated Calf raise – 8 X 20

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its always a process. I've been back in the gym for 15 months and I wish I was further ahead but I am making progress. So will you. Keep at it.
    Its not enough!

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nightfly View Post
    My issues tend to be night time eating and patience.
    YOU control your issues. it's ok to eat at night , just don't eat a ton. get your nutrition in order and it will help control it. myfitnesspal app on your phone (or website) and iifym.com. also, the nutrition section here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

you can work out all you want, but if you really want ahead of the game and to feel good..... prove it with your diet! doesn't have to be perfect, just consistent.

good luck and welcome!!

oh, and make sure you take PROGRESS PICS!!! every two weeks minimum. when you feel like you're not making progress, look at the pics. they don't lie. side by side and you WILL see a difference if you are consistent. if no different, or you'r egoing toe wrong way, you then know you need to make an adjustment. they also hold you accountable. when you KNOW you need to take a progress pic, you want to make sure you stay on track so you DO look like you're making progress. even just a little.

Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Day 2

Ate well last night. My kid had late hw that we had to help with but I just had some nonfat Greek yogurt. The thing is I want to being dozing off by 9 ideally. I did back and abs today and have been eating great, tons of protein, lots of water. Since I did not get up and eat last night my true weight is more like 290. That is just the scale though. I have a ways to go though. It would be awesome if I can hit 280. My endocrinologist says I have been gaining about 10 lbs a year for the last 5 years or so. Getting older + many medications + eating poorly + depression = bad body. One thing I am ok with is not drinking. If it is not in the house (beer) I don't touch it. I don't even think about it now. At one point I was scared and thought I should go to AA. What will be great is fitting into clothes better. Having less knee pain. Mostly the sense of pride that I accomplish something. I have done apple's mynetdiary through apple and I can't even stick with it for a day. Maybe its because I don't want to know.

Down to 287.8. Not eating after dinner and not getting involved with family chaos helps much. This was a nice surprise. I have a killer leg day today. I think I will log my food. However, I am on a high protein higher fat diet. I don't have the $$ to do Gironda's steak and eggs diet.

Did legs yesterday. I was watching Tom Platz videos to see what real intensity was. Have to do light weight with short rest.

Front squat with heels elevated: 8x8 @ 95 pounds with 30 sec. rest. Went up a 1/4 from rock bottom and alternate going 3/4 ways up.
    Hack squats with frog stance 8x8 + 50#. Feet low as can go, heels touching with toes pointed out.
    Sissy Squats: 3x8 I could not do anymore
    Leg extension: externally rotate thigh to hit VMO on +. 8x8 @ 50#
    Leg Curls 80# 8x8
    Calf press 7x20 @ 150#

Moved quickly but still was in the gym for 45 minutes. I was wiped out and shaky. I did not have time to get seated calf raises and seated leg curls in. Heart rate was very high throughout. I sweat so much in the gym it is incredible. Diet was on key yesterday and am down to 286.6. I need to not get confident and go back to eating poorly. I am 6'3" so I will never be what the physicians tables say. Lord, give me the strength to stay on course.