Thread: Leg workout

Registered User SilentWarrior94's Avatar
    SilentWarrior94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg workout

can anybody suggest a good leg workout. right now i do...
    squats
    leg press
    leg extensions
    leg curls
    calves

Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ditch the leg curls for stiff leg deadlifts, do leg extensions first, and be more specific; what do you do for calves?
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000) Telly is just really nice. (+1000)
    can't see anything wrong with your current program. There are only so many useful leg exercises and you're already doing them.

Registered User SilentWarrior94's Avatar
    SilentWarrior94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Lats McGee
    ditch the leg curls for stiff leg deadlifts, do leg extensions first, and be more specific; what do you do for calves?
    leg ext. first exercise of all leg workout??? i do standing calf raise with a machine that lets me get full extension upward and downward on my calve.

Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by SilentWarrior94

leg ext. first exercise of all leg workout??? i do standing calf raise with a machine that lets me get full extension upward and downward on my calve.
    hell yes, pre exaust those quads with leg extensions and they'll grow like never before, 3 sets,

on the standing calf raises try this rep scheme 5,12,30

5- do these with the heaviest weight you can press
    12 - cut the weight in half
    30 - drop to the last pin

this hits all the muscle fibers and your calves will grow like weeds

do this for two sets, one set toe's in, one set toe's out,
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

CharlieChalice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1st wk leg extension 3 x 15 (light weight*warm up) squat 15,12,10,10, leg extension 3 x 15, leg curl 12,10,10,10, stiff leg 12,10,10, seated calf raise 3 x15, standing calf raise 3 x15
    2nd wk leg extension 3 x 15(*warm up) leg press or hack squat or squat 15 (*warm up) then 12,10,10 superset with leg extensions 3 x 15 (keep at the same weight throughout) leg curl 12,10,10,10, stiff leg 12,10,10, seated calf raise 3 x15, standing calf raise 3 x15
    I usually alternate this for 6-8 wks thn change up.
    On the 4th and 8th wk I like to do a gut check workout-
    leg extensions 3 x 15(*warm up) squat 20(*warm up) then 20,20,20 super set with 3 x 15 leg extension(light weight and keep the same weight throughout) then rest the same as above except I'll replace something with walking DB lunges40-50 steps!
    Whew!

beatbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is what I did on leg day today:

4 sets of 15 - squats superset with 4 sets of 15 dumbbell wrist curls and 4 sets of 15 reverse wrist curls

3 sets of 15 standing calf raises (on a machine) superset with 12,10,8 leg curls

3 sets of 10 leg press superset with 3 sets of 15 barbell wrist curls, and 3 sets of 15 reverse wrist curls

Oh man, that was super intense, and all that was packed into a 40 min. span.

Registered User TheRealDeal8287's Avatar
    TheRealDeal8287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for upper legs i do this
    1 set leg extension: 15 reps (this is basically a warm up try not to fail here all the rest are to failure)
    3 sets squats: 10, 6, 10 reps
    2 sets leg extension: 8-12 reps
    3 sets leg press: 6-10 reps
    2 sets stiff leg deads: 8-12 reps
    2 sets legcurls: 6-10 reps

i do calves on a seperate day and usually like this
    2 sets donkey calf raises: 10-12 reps
    3 sets standing calf raises: 8-12 reps
    1 set sitting calf raises: 8-12 reps

Scott_Evil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Leg Press, my friend. Squats, Leg Extensions, Deadlifts/Stiff Legged Deadlifts are all awesome, and aside from the Extensions all are good power exercises, but Leg Press is great. Put your feet together to work the outer quads, feet apart and toes pointing out to work the inner quads - you can't do this with Squats unless you have a bloody good spotter, or you will lose balance and crush yourself. But you can do both variations in the Leg Press. So even just use it as a definition/shaping exercise. Lots of weight too.
    There is no shame in going out and getting your ass kicked, but there is no glory running from the fight.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Scott Evil:

By putting your feet close together to hit the outer quads, how do you lower your legs?? It seems that you couldnt lower your legs all the way down coz your body is in the way. Got any idea??
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Scott_Evil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't lower it all the way down. Its not a mass building exercise, so to speak, more defining the outer quads. But if you want to get the full bend of the legs, put your feet higher up on the plate, creatingmore space for the plate to go down with.
    There is no shame in going out and getting your ass kicked, but there is no glory running from the fight.

cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cb4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Try some of these exercises on for a change of pace:
    1.) Barbell Step-ups. Only use a sturdy bench/box that is high enough so that your knee is 90* or less when your foot is on top of it. It's very important to keep your back's natural curve and to bend the knee and ankle as you step back down. Alternate legs, and try side step-ups as well.
    2.) Walking Lunges are an excellent "finishing" move. Use a barbell if your balance is good, and make sure that you are dropping down all the way on each step.
    3.) Front squats are fairly hard to master, but can be used as a replacement for regular squats or presses.
    Diet = 50%
    Training = 25%
    Attitude =25%
    Simple math.

i do barbell step ups when i'm cutting, a kick ass exercise indeed.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rdl, squats, calf raises. Add extra volume when needed via your leg presses, extensions, curls etc

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy necro-thread Batman!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton