J1007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stronglifts 5x5 with sciatica

I have sciatica that acts up on ocassion, usually lasting less than 12 hours and will go away all day, if I take a hot shower. I've squatted heavy before, and my sciatica flares up a bit, but I'm wondering if I start out the way they explain, using just the bar on squats and like 20 lbs plus the bar on deads, adding 5-10 lbs each time, do you think this will help my sciatica or worsen it? And should I give it a try and discontinue it if I feel like it's affecting it too much? Thanks!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by J1007 View Post
    I have sciatica that acts up on ocassion, usually lasting less than 12 hours and will go away all day, if I take a hot shower. I've squatted heavy before, and my sciatica flares up a bit, but I'm wondering if I start out the way they explain, using just the bar on squats and like 20 lbs plus the bar on deads, adding 5-10 lbs each time, do you think this will help my sciatica or worsen it? And should I give it a try and discontinue it if I feel like it's affecting it too much? Thanks!
    Sciatica is a tough one.
    Your discs are bulging into the sciatic nerve. Squats need perfect form or you'll exacerbate it. DL is tough with it as the angle is terrible for spine loading. Trap bar DL helps immensely for this. The best thing when you're having an episode is to lay off many things in the gym, especially BB bench unless you keep your low back PLANTED on the bench. I'm a sciatica veteran, not a fun thing.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

J1007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the input. =)

ginogarcia1238 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its been almost 4 months and I am almost pain free from sciatica but I don't know if I will return to the deadlift, one advice I can give is, be sure you take at 100mgs B 6 as it releases natural serotonin and 400mgs of magnesium as its a natural muscle relaxer. I personally take B complex vitamins all 100mgs , 400mgs of magnesium, and 1000 MG's of vitamin C and deer antler s soon as I wake up