Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    I think you should work on getting more of your energy intake in DURING THE DAY.

You'd feel A LOT better, a lot less "Stuffed" and you'd be challenging some disordered eating habits.
    I have a pretty large breakfast. The only thing I really go light on is lunch because I'm usually busy. Then I'll eat dinner around 6pm, I'll start incorporating little snacks though.
    155lbs. Bench: 160lbs Squat: 245lbs.

Eat to grow.

nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nostruggle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've also noticed my face is looking fatter. Is this because of me retaining water?

Eat to grow.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nostruggle View Post
    I have a pretty large breakfast. The only thing I really go light on is lunch because I'm usually busy. Then I'll eat dinner around 6pm, I'll start incorporating little snacks though.
    Business really shouldn't have much to do with it.

TOday you had two slices of bread with some raisins..

Throw PB in the bread
    MORE raisins
    Trail Mix
    Some Chips

Not complicated... More calories = More energy = More gains

@ Your face

It's not getting fatter, you just have distorted body image.

Business really shouldn't have much to do with it.

TOday you had two slices of bread with some raisins..

Throw PB in the bread
    MORE raisins
    Trail Mix
    Some Chips

Not complicated... More calories = More energy = More gains

@ Your face

It's not getting fatter, you just have distorted body image.
    Think I'm gonna have PBJ's throughout the day. And I maybe a bit insecure about body composition, but I have gotten noticeably "fatter". I have much more belly fat than I did earlier in Sept. I like that my lifts are increasing though.

Eat to grow.

Log for today:

Did homework all day today, exam in the morning.

Eat to grow.

When will this bloating stop? Feels bad man. The scale is rocketing up.

Eat to grow.

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Good Job with hitting 2,000 kcals. Keep inching them up, no reason to be UNDER 2k at this stage of the game.

If you want the bloating to stop...

EAT DURING THE DAY!
    Space out your meals and eat NORMALLY.

^ Good Job with hitting 2,000 kcals. Keep inching them up, no reason to be UNDER 2k at this stage of the game.

If you want the bloating to stop...

EAT DURING THE DAY!
    Space out your meals and eat NORMALLY.
    Started yesterday. And thanks man! My lifts have gotten better and feel more "power" when I'm lifting. Before I would go on E really quickly, my workouts have gotten much better.

Had a turkey sandwich on rye today with some swiss, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, etc. had a 9am-12pm exam today so that's all I've eaten so far and I'm out for the rest of the day.

Any suggestions for fast food or recommendations at subway?

Eat to grow.

Started yesterday. And thanks man! My lifts have gotten better and feel more "power" when I'm lifting. Before I would go on E really quickly, my workouts have gotten much better.

Had a turkey sandwich on rye today with some swiss, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, etc. had a 9am-12pm exam today so that's all I've eaten so far and I'm out for the rest of the day.

Any suggestions for fast food or recommendations at subway?
    I'm not a fan of subway, personally find it disgusting.

Get anything you enjoy!

I'm not a fan of subway, personally find it disgusting.

Get anything you enjoy!
    I understand the IIFYM thing, but I have a "fear" of junk food since that's what I prominently ate when I was chubby. So I the only food I'll touch most of the time is Greek.

Eat to grow.

Way too tired to go to the gym today, I was falling asleep while driving home from school today. I feel guilty and I'm so disappointed in myself, but I going to tomorrow instead. So I'll still have a 3 day split. Gonna eat less today too so it'll balance out.

Eat to grow.

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Way too tired to go to the gym today, I was falling asleep while driving home from school today. I feel guilty and I'm so disappointed in myself, but I going to tomorrow instead. So I'll still have a 3 day split. Gonna eat less today too so it'll balance out.
    No you won't. You will eat like you usually do.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

Chasing self-improvement. ShyGuyXS's Avatar
    ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In and following. Good luck. I've been in the same boat as far as having an ED/unhealthy relationship with food goes, but it does get better with time.

Gonna eat less today too so it'll balance out.
    It may seem normal to eat more when you're active (which is true), but right now, that's the ED talking; it wants you to eat less to compensate for not exercising or being active. I had some of those urges, too - still do once in a while - but my advice is to fight against that thought. What would you gain by eating less? How would that help you reach your goals?

(Spoiler: Eating less because you aren't exercising won't help.)

I'll try to, it's already pretty late and I'm exhausted with a bunch of calories left. I'm not too worried because I'm doing the workout tomorrow instead of having that rest day. It's just kind of a psychological throw off because I usually always get the workouts in on the same days. I just feel inconsistent.

Eat to grow.

Guys, I think I'm gaining too fast and I'm looking pretty fat now. Think I may need to slow it down a bit. Pics below.
    I am slightly bloated in the picture because I just ate. But more fat is folding over on me now, I can see my belly through my shirt and the scale is showing 152lbs+ a couple hours after I eat. Before I used to 145-7lbs on a full stomach. :/

I just feel really heavy, not necessarily swole.

What's my bf% like?
    Attached Images

Eat to grow.

At this point, it's counter-intuitive for you to be tracking your macronutrient intake/calories.

I've been hesitant to bring it up, but you NEED TO SEEK HELP!

Increasing my intake now, tried to put it off a bit. It's uncomfortable, but hey. Strength >

Eat to grow.

Didn't really watch my calories today, kind of just ate. I had my arm/ab day today, no major lifts besides close grip bench and dumbbell tricep extensions.

Close grip bench : 125lbs 4x8. failed last set.
    dumbbell tri ext.: 55lbs
    Dumbbell curls: 40lbs 2x8, 35lbs 2x8, 20lbs 2x20

and some other workouts.

No food log today, tomorrow.

Anyone use this body fat checker? How reliable is it?

Last edited by nostruggle; 12-18-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Eat to grow.

BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BePatient7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please get help now while you are still reasonably healthy. You have defanitely developed restrictive/ disordered eating habits but all of these symptoms are normal in anyone who experiences a short period of starvation. The more time you spend overthinking these things the more engrained these thought processes become. Luckily, it's still early, try to normalize your relationship with food/exercise and find other coping mechanisms. You are not getting fat, any bloating is most likely your body's reaction to the additional carbs. Unless you are metabolically fkd and bedridden, there is absolutely no reason why any male should eat less than 2000kcals a day.... wish I could have told myself that a long time ago because I'm still struggling.

I wish you the utmost strength moving forward. Don't let this illness dominate you!

Originally Posted by BePatient7 View Post
    Please get help now while you are still reasonably healthy. You have defanitely developed restrictive/ disordered eating habits but all of these symptoms are normal in anyone who experiences a short period of starvation. The more time you spend overthinking these things the more engrained these thought processes become. Luckily, it's still early, try to normalize your relationship with food/exercise and find other coping mechanisms. You are not getting fat, any bloating is most likely your body's reaction to the additional carbs. Unless you are metabolically fkd and bedridden, there is absolutely no reason why any male should eat less than 2000kcals a day.... wish I could have told myself that a long time ago because I'm still struggling.

I wish you the utmost strength moving forward. Don't let this illness dominate you!
    Thanks man. I'm definitely pushing forward.

Leg and shoulder day today:

Since upping my calories my lifts have gotten much better this week, here's the main lifts:

Deadlift: 225lbs 6x4

Squat: 135lbs 1x8, 185bs 1x8, 195lbs 2x8

Dumbbell military press: 40lbs 2x8, 45lbs 2x8

Overhead press: 90lbs 1x8, 95lbs 1x8, 100lbs 2x8

Leg press: 270lbs 4x8

Didn't really count my calories today, I'll try to log them later tonight for you guys tonight. I basically just had french toast and bacon for breakfast, cereal, and before my workout I had a breakfast sandwich w/ egg & bacon, and a waffle. Then for dinner I had a plate of spaghetti w/ low fat caesar salad. Dessert was a skinnycow ice cream sandwich and a half.

I'm staying the course.
    Last edited by nostruggle; 12-19-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Eat to grow.

Guys, if I know I haven't hit 2300cals if I'm not counting, should I eat more or should I only eat when I'm hungry? I saw something once about listening to your body.

Eat to grow.

Guys, if I know I haven't hit 2300cals if I'm not counting, should I eat more or should I only eat when I'm hungry? I saw something once about listening to your body.

Not sure if serious about asking THIS and about the body fat measurement..

This is what we've been telling you the ENTIRE TIME!
    LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!

Not sure if serious about asking THIS and about the body fat measurement..

This is what we've been telling you the ENTIRE TIME!
    LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!
    I honestly didn't realize lol, I thought I had to hit my calorie goal no matter how I'm feeling.

Eat to grow.

Chasing self-improvement. ShyGuyXS's Avatar
    ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000) ShyGuyXS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I thought I had to hit my calorie goal no matter how I'm feeling.
    Erik makes an excellent point about listening to your body. Some days, you won't hit the exact target, but your body will gradually balance it out over time.

That said, when I was beginning to gain in recovery from my ED, I personally couldn't rely entirely on hunger cues to get the calories I needed early on because my signals were completely thrown off. I had to eat more "mechanically" until my body got used to normal eating again.

Originally Posted by ShyGuyXS View Post
    Erik makes an excellent point about listening to your body. Some days, you won't hit the exact target, but your body will gradually balance it out over time.

That said, when I was beginning to gain in recovery from my ED, I personally couldn't rely entirely on hunger cues to get the calories I needed early on because my signals were completely thrown off. I had to eat more "mechanically" until my body got used to normal eating again.
    I get what you're saying man, me too. I'm so used to eating under 2000kcals and counting everything exactly, I'm not exactly good at listening to my body. I'm getting better though.

Eat to grow.

I honestly didn't realize lol, I thought I had to hit my calorie goal no matter how I'm feeling.

You're really not grasping what I (we) have been trying to convey to you. It's understandable because you have distorted body image at the moment and aren't viewing yourself clearly.

1. YOUR BODY IS NOT A CALCUATOR
    2. You have no "calorie target"
    3. You DO know your body (remember when you fed yourself growing up?)

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your only goal should be nourishing your body and restoring your hormones, not trying to reach an arbitrary number.

Also, In on this.

Originally Posted by XCRunner9 View Post
    Your only goal should be nourishing your body and restoring your hormones, not trying to reach an arbitrary number.

Also, In on this.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    late but subbed
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    A lean bulk often means a failed bulk when the primary goal is staying lean rather than adding muscle.
    Note how all your progress pics is of your abs/midsection. Nothing concerning the muscle you have gained. As if that is of no consequence. You dont care if your chest, back, arms, legs are growing. You just want to make sure your tummy isnt.

The onyl reason you wouldnt hit 2300 without counting is due to self-limitation.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head