Closed Thread
    stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stonecold9120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

What does Dorian Yates mean by "warm-up sets" in his Blood and Guts routine?

Does he just use those sets to warm up to do the 1 set to failure at the end or does he actually count those actual sets?

Like for decline barbell bench press on his chest/biceps day, he does 2 "warm up sets" for 10-12 reps. Does he go to failure on those sets, close to failure, far from failure to just warm up the chest, etc? Tonight I did 135 for 10-12 reps, even though I could probably do 20-25, 185 for 10-12 reps even though I could probably do 15. I thought these sets were used to just warm up and get blood flowing to the chest. Then only did 1 set which was to absolute failure at the end, which was 225 lbs for 6-8 reps. Did I do his routine correctly? I'm confused. Very low volume that's for sure

Here is his chest/biceps split for Blood and Guts
    ◾10 min Warm Up on Treadmill

Injury Prevention tip: Rotater Cuff Warm Up - 2 sets of 12 reps, rest elbow on surface to keep form tight
    ◾Decline Bench Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Dorian's Tips: The Decline Bench Press is the most effective pec exercise.
    ◾Incline Dumbbell Press (45 degree incline): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Dorian's Tips: Lower weight slowly, explode up.
    ◾Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

5 min rest
    ◾Dumbbell Concentration Curl: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets

Dorian's Tips: Squeeze at top.
    ◾Straight Bar Curl: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight

Dorian's Tips: Write down your progress.

garyrobbo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dorian Yates style

I train same but don’t use warm ups to failure!!!

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hooray!

But that thread is from 2014