krod16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I skinny fat? Been lifting for a year, which way to go now?

I'm 5'6''. Been lifting consistently for a year now. I went on a bulk from 123lbs to 135lbs for 8 months. Now I have cut in the last 100 days to 118lbs.

Am I skinny fat? This is the leanest I have been in my life.

The problem is I still see quite a bit of fat on my waist (even have love handles). If I continue to cut I will get even more leaner which I don't think is healthy as I am already way below the expected weight for my height.

Another problem to cut is I am approaching my breaking point in how much I can lower my food intake.

So should I again go on a one year lean bulk and build more muscle and then cut or should I keep cutting till I drop to lower levels of body fat?

attached pictures with dates taken.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by krod16; 11-30-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    post a pic, if you are still skinnyfat you are not on a proper program/not put in effort/poor "diet"
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldnt say skinny fat. Just got some access fat and not much muscle mass. I would eat more and lift hard!
    Rangers Lead The Way!
    Sua Sponte

StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Seems like at 118, if you have a belly and love handles, you haven't been lifting right. Can you post a pic? For all we know you could just have a skewed body image.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    post a pic, if you are still skinnyfat you are not on a proper program/not put in effort/poor "diet"
    I can't add links as I am a new user but I have attached some pictures with dates.

Originally Posted by StevieMaria View Post
    Seems like at 118, if you have a belly and love handles, you haven't been lifting right. Can you post a pic? For all we know you could just have a skewed body image.
    I have attached some pictures. Please take a look.

StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, you're a dude! Damn, I'll never be 118. I'd say build muscle but I'll let the guys answer. Seems like cutting more is actually really unhealthy.

Originally Posted by StevieMaria View Post
    Oh, you're a dude! Damn, I'll never be 118. I'd say build muscle but I'll let the guys answer. Seems like cutting more is actually really unhealthy.
    Yeah, I'm a dude. I'm definitely going to go on a loooong bulk. The question is should I start now or cut a few more pounds before I begin.

chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Start bulking. I wouldn't say you were fat. You are going to look worst if you lose more weight. So get eating.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by krod16 View Post
    Yeah, I'm a dude. I'm definitely going to go on a loooong bulk. The question is should I start now or cut a few more pounds before I begin.
    Start now. Keep it simple.

What is your current weight training program?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Start now. Keep it simple.

What is your current weight training program?

I'm on a push/pull/leg split.

Push Day:
    Dumbbell bench press 4x8
    Incline dumbbell bench 4x8
    Dumbbell flyes 3x8
    Shoulder press 4x8
    side raises 3x8
    Skullcrushers 3x8
    Rope pushdowns 3x8

Pull Day:
    Barbell rows 4x8
    Lat pulldowns 4x8
    Seated cable rows 4x8
    Face pulls 3x8
    Dumbbell bicep curls 3x8
    Cable curls 3x8
    Cable hammer curls 3x8

Leg Day:
    Squats 3x8
    Lunges 3x8
    Romanian Deadlifts 3x8
    Leg press 3x8
    Leg extensions 3x8
    Leg curls 3x8

Going on a lean bulk from today.

Eat 250-300 calories above maintenance.
    Will try to increase 1-2lbs every month.

SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm on a push/pull/leg split.

Push Day:
    Dumbbell bench press 4x8
    Incline dumbbell bench 4x8
    Dumbbell flyes 3x8
    Shoulder press 4x8
    side raises 3x8
    Skullcrushers 3x8
    Rope pushdowns 3x8

Pull Day:
    Barbell rows 4x8
    Lat pulldowns 4x8
    Seated cable rows 4x8
    Face pulls 3x8
    Dumbbell bicep curls 3x8
    Cable curls 3x8
    Cable hammer curls 3x8

Leg Day:
    Squats 3x8
    Lunges 3x8
    Romanian Deadlifts 3x8
    Leg press 3x8
    Leg extensions 3x8
    Leg curls 3x8
    Need way more volume IMO and more frequency if only 1x a week. Or increase intensity and put more into each set

Basically you aren't working hard enough. And who was shrugs for traps? Bad routine imo. Terrible routine for shoulders too. Needs more deltoid work and something for rear delts. And throw in ~6 sets of shrugs on pull day.

Really what you should be doing is a beginner routine
    Striving for aesthetics. Failure is NOT an option. It is only a matter of time.

-women assuring me I am aesthetic
    -get called ripped or muscular regularly
    -LOL@ average person's standards for ripped
    -I made it brahs

*negging FA phegs on sight crew*

*repping FA's that quit bitching, step out of their comfort zone, and DO SOMETHING crew*

Originally Posted by SpiiralOut View Post
    Need way more volume IMO and more frequency if only 1x a week. Or increase intensity and put more into each set

Basically you aren't working hard enough. And who was shrugs for traps? Bad routine imo. Terrible routine for shoulders too. Needs more deltoid work and something for rear delts. And throw in ~6 sets of shrugs on pull day.

Really what you should be doing is a beginner routine
    I do this routine twice a week. And I'm exhausted at the end of the workouts. I don't take my workouts lightly.

I think whether I should go high volume or not depends on how my body reacts. IMHO, for beginners like me it is more important to focus on compound movements to build strength rather than on isolation.

Am not worrying about my traps because compounds seem to hit them well for me right now. Later when I am more intermediate I will do those. For the rear delts, the face pulls do a great job for me.

This above workout is working fine for me and I will continue it for the bulk and evaluate after a few weeks.

servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50) servonlewis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do this routine twice a week. And I'm exhausted at the end of the workouts. I don't take my workouts lightly.

I think whether I should go high volume or not depends on how my body reacts. IMHO, for beginners like me it is more important to focus on compound movements to build strength rather than on isolation.

Am not worrying about my traps because compounds seem to hit them well for me right now. Later when I am more intermediate I will do those. For the rear delts, the face pulls do a great job for me.

This above workout is working fine for me and I will continue it for the bulk and evaluate after a few weeks.
    should stil add traps/calves

KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KINGFABIAN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bulk Clean ....gain muscle and definition while losing the excess fat. You need to put your diet in check.