Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    stopped reading at "average american pays 50% in taxes/theft"
    Negs to anyone that:
    makes a terrible troll thread
    makes any conspiracy theory thread
    makes a religious/political thread without knowledge of what they're talking about

SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50) SofondaCox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cesarbruh View Post
    If you spend your whole life working and don't make more than that, you deserve the government's pity.

Also, fixed and it is NEVER is spent frugally
    It truly is your choice to live in the US. Could always move somewhere without taxes.

JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Insanity_SC View Post
    repped OP.

The 50% number is a bit off for most taxpaying citizens (which is only 40% of us workers, 60% pay negative net taxes), but the point remains the same. it's more like 20% net taxes (after government transfers) for that 40% of US workers. Still a large amounnt and added onto that comes double and triple taxation (cap gains, lol what a fuking joke), business income tax (are you chitting me!) etc etc

but who was SSI (which gives a 1% annualized return lmao...yet you pay much more than 1% into it), medicare/aid, state income tax, property tax, etc.

It's around or larger than 50% for the top 40% of us workers before taking into account government transfers received. Then it becomes around 15-23% net tax. and negative net tax for the bottom 60%

ah I see what he means, are you an accountant by chance?
    The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.

*{GLOW GANG}*

ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by syth1230 View Post
    tribes existed with considerable less technology.

The idea that you can draw a parallel between tribal times and the information age we are in is just wishful thinking.

If you cant understand the effect of technology on human relations then i cant really say anything more.
    It doesnt matter, under this scenario people would first be forced to live near resources, and the communities would function in a similar way. I think it would lead to a kind of corporate feudalism or something similar.

Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hewhodar3s View Post
    Is OP Russel Brand?
    Russel Brand is an idiot/pseudo intellectual who just calls for more taxation (THEFT)

Originally Posted by skinnytobulk View Post
    At least your insurance for cars is cheap in usa, here canada you pay like 300 a month, with perfect record.
    The only reason you pay so high is because of government regulations
    Originally Posted by NeoKantian View Post
    Ad-hominem? lol. I think you need to look up the definition of an ad-hominem.
    brb personal attack, brb calling me a pseudo intellectual. You are by far the worst poster in R/P. You failed again to provide any substance in your response. Any interaction with you is a waste of time which is why you'll be the first person to go onto my ignore list.

Originally Posted by 7uck3r View Post
    You bag on taxes in the US, but why do you think healthcare over there is so much cheaper than other countries? all the taxes are what pays for you to go to the hospital. If we didn't have to pay tax, we would have to use health insurance and pay 1000s of dollars every time we had to go to the hospital, Idk about you but that doesn't sound like a place I'd wanna live.

MURICA'
    Healthcare is CHEAP HERE? LMFAO WTF, healthcare is fken ridiculous here because of fken government regulations

[QUOTE=iLiketoLift898;1315884191]
    They are not taking it by force, you are not being robbed by armed men at gun point, stop being a drama queen.

Clearly you don't understand how modern society works; the government provides you with an education while you grow up, modern infrastructure a police force and a military to keep you safe, in return you pay a certain amount of your income back to the state for these services. In other words; you give some and you get some. Would you rather return to some primitive system where there is no government and complete anarchy?

Also, capitalism is in no way, in neither theory nor practice, based on the idea of zero taxes. In fact, having a strong government to write and uphold laws, protect the nation, punish criminals and ensure that the system is free from corruption is essential to the functioning of a capitalist society and a free market. Those services cost money and are funded by taxes.
    Oh, they're not? What happens if I refuse to pay taxes? Armed men will show up at my house to kidnap me and throw me in a cage. If I don't comply? I'll be killed. I'm being a drama queen? LMFAO, TO BE UPSET ABOUT TWENTY-FOUR FKEN YEARS OF YOUR LIFE BEING STOLEN IS BEING A DRAMA QUEEN. Righteous anger, do you even? not even gonna bother the rest of your post

Originally Posted by LukeLissen View Post
    Meanwhile back to reality; America is the richest and most powerful country in human existence.

Your anarchy utopia world is only going to produce terror and mayhem, poverty, failure, decay and then eventual rule by the biggest meanest, most oppressive, most thieving, most totalitarian warlord around of that nightmarish world.

grow up
    Yep, and quickly degrading. You are either a fool or delusional to think otherwise. That's funny, we ALREADY have terror, mayhem, poverty, failure, decacy lmfao jesus christ why are you describing the status quo? And we've already seen some of the most totalitarian warlords around this "nightmarish world"

It's fken disgusting to see how enslaved some of your minds are.

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You might as well be sitting in a jail cell for 24 years. You'd have pretty much the same results after those 24 years. Lol, so because it's better than 50% of the world that's ok? ^ Average American mindset, which will eventually lead us to our demise. Soon taxes will be 90%+, you can't stop government greed. They'll only want more and it's this exact mindset that will allow it.
    wait wuht? At 24 I had a lot more to show for it than living in a jail cell. Dafuq are you talking about? I've said I'm not happy about everything, but it's not like America has it terrible, so stop complaining like we live in some horrible country. You live in Malibu MALIBU. Top 1% of the world. And you're complaining about how the government stole your life? You're crazy. Like really, actually crazy.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

"I feel grateful every day I wake up, I know I’m already on borrowed time"

-Snailsrus aka Lauren Kelly RIP

nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iLiketoLift898 View Post
    They are not taking it by force, you are not being robbed by armed men at gun point, stop being a drama queen.

Clearly you don't understand how modern society works; the government provides you with an education while you grow up, modern infrastructure a police force and a military to keep you safe, in return you pay a certain amount of your income back to the state for these services. In other words; you give some and you get some. Would you rather return to some primitive system where there is no government and complete anarchy?

Also, capitalism is in no way, in neither theory nor practice, based on the idea of zero taxes. In fact, having a strong government to write and uphold laws, protect the nation, punish criminals and ensure that the system is free from corruption is essential to the functioning of a capitalist society and a free market. Those services cost money and are funded by taxes.
    Of course it's by force. If you don't pay taxes they come to your door, arrest you and throw you in a cell. That is called FORCE.

Capitalism does not need a government to do any of those things. Capitalism requires an environment where people can trade freely and nothing more. Law-making doesn't require a government. Protecting the nation doesn't require a government (in fact government only served to weaken individuals in order to strengthen its power). These services are not free and can be funded perfectly adequately as private services.

It's really depressing to read people like you making baseless apologies for government. Is this the result of years of state education? Why do so many people hold this pitiful view that state force is required to get anything done, when history teaches us that the opposite is true?

JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000) JooceNasty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AgRyan View Post
    wait wuht? At 24 I had a lot more to show for it than living in a jail cell. Dafuq are you talking about? I've said I'm not happy about everything, but it's not like America has it terrible, so stop complaining like we live in some horrible country. You live in Malibu MALIBU. Top 1% of the world. And you're complaining about how the government stole your life? You're crazy. Like really, actually crazy.
    I agree, hes nuts.
    The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.

*{GLOW GANG}*

PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000) PoundMobb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We are a species which must survive. Everything has been put into place for a reason, keeping the proper balance of things is our problem. Maybe some people give up 50% of their income, but we can argue that the human race deserves so much more.

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nzgs View Post

Capitalism does not need a government to do any of those things. Capitalism requires an environment where people can trade freely and nothing more. Law-making doesn't require a government. Protecting the nation doesn't require a government (in fact government only served to weaken individuals in order to strengthen its power). These services are not free and can be funded perfectly adequately as private services.
    Sure. We don't NEED a government, but we're better off with one.

Did you really just imply that privatizing law making and national security would be perfectly adequate?! That's one of the stupidest wannabe intelligent things I've ever read on the misc, seriously.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yaaaa about that.... I don't want to pave my own roads so I'll just pay the tax instead

And to the people arguing for crowd funding, brb I'll let all of you pay then I'll just sit back and not give sht then

DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000) DidNotReadL0L is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's pretty shocking when you put it like that. Sad how much of our short lives are wasted on thigns we dont eve ncare about.
    sickening striations

Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AniMaLizTik View Post
    money =/= life.

If your mind believes that "your life is being stolen", then that will be your reality.
    To me, MONEY IS LIFE. MONEY=FREEDOM, FREEDOM IS EVERYTHING TO ME. Freedom makes me happy, every single thing I do in my life is for freedom. All my views/beliefs are consistent with this, not just politics

Originally Posted by Stealth12 View Post
    I don't think people would have a problem paying taxes if they knew it was actually being used morally and frugally....as opposed to bailing banks and the car industry, welfare for a bunch of freeloaders (though of course some people really do need genuine help), and giving it to ****hole middle eastern countries that hate our guts...
    lol, brb stealing from hard-working Americans so that we can spend billions on Israel's defense systems, millions on foreign aid, billions on fighting drugs on the other side of the planet (Afghanistan), and not one of us even knows these people.

Originally Posted by SofondaCox View Post
    It truly is your choice to live in the US. Could always move somewhere without taxes.
    Trust me, if there was some place on this planet where there was no taxation, not only I would move there, but every other fken corporation would as well and you see that place booming with prosperity in no time. Sounds like America right after the revolutionary war, doesn't it?

Oh, you mean to tell me you worked from the day you were born to now? FK, didn't know infants could work, the fk was I doing goofing around during my adolescence, could've been making money. 24 WORKING YEARS, slave years, you'd have pretty similar results as you would if you were to spend those 24 years in prison.. Stop complaining? Tell me, do you honestly think it's wrong of me to complain about decades of my life being stolen? It's wrong to complain about slavery? No suprise you're ex-military. And no, I don't live in Malibu. Soon though... Anyways, I'd say the same about you. Pretty crazy NOT to be complaining about having to spend 24 years of your life as a slave.

Of course it's by force. If you don't pay taxes they come to your door, arrest you and throw you in a cell. That is called FORCE.

It's really depressing to read people like you making baseless apologies for government. Is this the result of years of state education? Why do so many people hold this pitiful view that state force is required to get anything done, when history teaches us that the opposite is true?
    This guy knows what he's taking about.

Originally Posted by JooceNasty View Post
    I agree, hes nuts.
    I'm nuts for thinking it's f*cking revolting to have 24 years of my life and everyone else's life stolen? Please point out what exactly makes me nuts? YOU'RE honestly a nut if you're fine with that many years of your life being taken.

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sure. We don't NEED a government, but we're better off with one.

Did you really just imply that privatizing law making and national security would be perfectly adequate?! That's one of the stupidest wannabe intelligent things I've ever read on the misc, seriously.
    this.
    You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000) ez92 is a name known to all. (+5000)

brb law-making as a private service
    brb policing as a private service
    brb national security as a private service

If you think corruption is bad now...

nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000) nodnarb481 is just really nice. (+1000)
    weird..

cause im pretty sure whenever I don't have ISIS showing up in my village beheading everyone once a week. Nope.. instead I just get in my car, drive down paved roads while someone collects my trash for me. Gonna snow tomorrow.. but I don't have too much concern about it. Someone's got it covered. Police.. firefighters.. etc.

To me, MONEY IS LIFE. MONEY=FREEDOM, FREEDOM IS EVERYTHING TO ME. Freedom makes me happy, every single thing I do in my life is for freedom. All my views/beliefs are consistent with this, not just politics
    So for you, money = freedom = everything. So Money = Everything. "Every single thing [you] do in [your] life is for [money]. All your views/beliefs are consistent with this".

THAT'S EXACTLY WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. People in power being worried about their own money and personal interests instead of doing what they were elected to do and use their power to help the people, they use their power to help their wallets. Not just politicians, but CEOs and everyone else in a position to take advantage of people. Just like you claimed you would. YOU are the problem you're complaining about. If it wasn't for people like you, America would still be a nice place. Money is your sole motivation, that basically means you lack integrity and morals and would drop those traits in an instant if it meant you would have a bigger wallet. That's the biggest problem in America these days. I'm done here.

AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I'm done with school, I'm gonna see if I can get on an oil rig and pull $150k-$200k. Would be able to invest and retire quickly.

Originally Posted by LaVacaMoo View Post
    Yaaaa about that.... I don't want to pave my own roads so I'll just pay the tax instead

And to the people arguing for crowd funding, brb I'll let all of you pay then I'll just sit back and not give sht then
    Your username fits you well. You might as well be cow. Yea, I guess you've never heard of capitalism or the economy... because you couldn't pay someone to do that.

Originally Posted by DidNotReadL0L View Post
    It's pretty shocking when you put it like that. Sad how much of our short lives are wasted on thigns we dont eve ncare about.
    Yea, it seems pretty insignificant when it's presented to you as 50% of your yearly income. You need to look at it in the long-term. But look at all these people ITT that are okay with it. I hate to break it to you, but it's only gonna get much worse and a lot of the post ITT are proof of it. No one's complaining about the status quo, that'll only signal government to fulfill their greed which will lead to more taxation, poverty, etc. Yet, it's wrong of me to complain according to a lot of people ITT, when complaining will awake some people and prevent that from ever happening.

Sure. We don't NEED slavery, but we're better off with them.
    The people in the slavery Era thought exactly like you.

eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish we had a flat tax structure and maybe sales tax. It would be more fair imo.

And yes it is a travesty how much $$ goes to defense spending instead of worthwhile things like education.
    ** Eternal Jimmies Crew **
    ** Wish the Front Desk Wouldn't Say Hi to Me Crew **

So for you, money = freedom = everything. So Money = Everything. "Every single thing [you] do in [your] life is for [money]. All your views/beliefs are consistent with this".

THAT'S EXACTLY WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. People in power being worried about their own money and personal interests instead of doing what they were elected to do and use their power to help the people, they use their power to help their wallets. Not just politicians, but CEOs and everyone else in a position to take advantage of people. Just like you claimed you would. YOU are the problem you're complaining about. If it wasn't for people like you, America would still be a nice place. Money is your sole motivation, that basically means you lack integrity and morals and would drop those traits in an instant if it meant you would have a bigger wallet. That's the biggest problem in America these days. I'm done here.
    This. Im done here as well, fukin potatoes ITT

MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong bolds

This will really hit the feel brahs hard you are cruel op and a ******* too

LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000) LaVacaMoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your username fits you well. You might as well be cow. Yea, I guess you've never heard of capitalism or the economy... because you couldn't pay someone to do that.

Yea, it seems pretty insignificant when it's presented to you as 50% of your yearly income. You need to look at it in the long-term. But look at all these people ITT that are okay with it. I hate to break it to you, but it's only gonna get much worse and a lot of the post ITT are proof of it. No one's complaining about the status quo, that'll only signal government to fulfill their greed which will lead to more taxation, poverty, etc. Yet, it's wrong of me to complain according to a lot of people ITT, when complaining will awake some people and prevent that from ever happening.
    But who's going to bare the cost? You? Thanks brah for saving me money

SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoberToaster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    +1 I actually think correcting society and not feeding these celebrities, movie stars and sports players golden ****in platters of cash would help for a start.

secondly i think jobs in general should have more normalized wages. considering the average pay is around 25 dollars

I feel that completely "unskilled" jobs should make around 15 dollars and hour

"slight skill" should make 20

"skilled" 25

"advanced" 30

"specialty" (like NASA ****, advanced doctor stuff etc) 35$

inb4 ****storm, inb4 socialist

I have the philosophy that work is work, once you know how to do something it really isn't that much MORE work, it's just work learning the stuff initially. so whether your flipping burgers and calculating insurance, it's still work at the end of the day IMO.

inb4 "well the doctors job is important where as the burger flipper is a worthless piece of **** scum"

well theres still supply and demand for them so they must be important. once the normalization occurs it would weed out pointless jobs imo, maybe there wouldn't be a mcdonald's anymore after they have to raise their prices or something. who cares.
    Last edited by SoberToaster; 11-25-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    *Reps back*
    -Poet Philosopher Artist Dancer Musician who doesn't play any instruments Crew-
    -Craps self and projectile vomits blood when someone asks "How am i doing today" Crew-
    -Unlikes girls when they visit my Okcupid profile and don't like me back crew-

SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeriousDon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shawty321 View Post
    Lol this

Garbage collection, snow ploughs, lawn maintenance, cleaning crews, policing, firefighting..... Etc etc etc
    You're forgetting trillions sent to foreign nations, free health care for illegal immigrants, free education for illegal immigrants, millions of overpaid government "employees" who do next to nothing at work (Have you been to the DMV lately?), massively abused welfare, food stamps, housing assistance by people who are perfectly capable of work yet simply will not try, ad nauseum.

How could it be that the average working american loses 35-40+% of their income in direct taxes, followed by more in indirect taxes (sales tax, "sin" taxes, yes the government gets a huge portion of the money you spend on alcohol and tobacco) yet our education system has managed to crumple to absolute ruins, we have some of the most substandard roads in the western world, our healthcare system is a fraudulent joke, etc. Also and last but not least, taxation without representation. Last I checked, if your voice is anything deviating from what you hear spewing out of the mouths of television broadcasters, you might as well yell into a pillow.

Looking good America.
    I know a little bit about everything, but I don't know a lot about anything. -SeriousMiscWizard

YesItsAllWomen Crew
    OP, No Contact is for you to get over her, not for her to come running back to hurt you again.

Serious Crew
    NotSerious Crew
    SemiSerious Crew
    FknSrs Crew

Registered User IPoopStandingUp's Avatar
    IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eglionz View Post
    I wish we had a flat tax structure and maybe sales tax. It would be more fair imo.

And yes it is a travesty how much $$ goes to defense spending instead of worthwhile things like education.
    a few excerpts from an article i was reading:
    The United States spent more than $11,000 per elementary student in 2010 and more than $12,000 per high school student. When researchers factored in the cost for programs after high school education such as college or vocational training, the United States spent $15,171 on each young person in the system — more than any other nation covered in the report.

That sum inched past some developed countries and far surpassed others. Switzerland's total spending per student was $14,922 while Mexico averaged $2,993 in 2010. The average OECD nation spent $9,313 per young person.

As a share of its economy, the United States spent more than the average country in the survey. In 2010, the United States spent 7.3 percent of its gross domestic product on education, compared with the 6.3 percent average of other OECD countries. Denmark topped the list on that measure with 8 percent of its gross domestic product going toward education.

Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SoberToaster View Post
    +1 I actually think correcting society and not feeding these celebrities, movie stars and sports players golden ****in platters of cash would help for a start.

secondly i think jobs in general should have more normalized wages. considering the average pay is around 25 dollars

I feel that completely "unskilled" jobs should make around 15 dollars and hour

"slight skill" should make 20

"skilled" 25

"advanced" 30

"specialty" (like NASA ****, advanced doctor stuff etc) 35$

inb4 ****storm, inb4 socialist

I have the philosophy that work is work, once you know how to do something it really isn't that much MORE work, it's just work learning the stuff initially. so whether your flipping burgers and calculating insurance, it's still work at the end of the day IMO.
    dumbest fuking thing I've ever read.

So, you or some technocrat is going to better calculate the needs and demands and optimal resource allocation and put it into a schedule better than billions of human actions, collectively bidding and asking on an open market.

Good god.

Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DidNotReadL0L View Post
    This. Then think of all the money that's thrown away on interest for things like student loans, mortgages, cars, etc.

I just bought a house and my mind=blown that on a 30 year mortgage I'll essentially end up paying double what the house actually costs by the time interest and fees are accrued.
    Movie Man
    Book Brah
    Game Guy
    Bike Boyo

Originally Posted by ez92 View Post
    brb law-making as a private service
    brb policing as a private service
    brb national security as a private service

If you think corruption is bad now...
    "I'll rip your f*cking head off and **** down your neck"

Too bad these guys can't get a refund

With privatized police, this guy would actually be held accountable, the customer would most likely get reimbursed, the company would go out of business if it was known for corruption, and the officer would never be hired again by any security company.

Originally Posted by nodnarb481 View Post
    weird..

cause im pretty sure whenever I don't have ISIS showing up in my village beheading everyone once a week. Nope.. instead I just get in my car, drive down paved roads while someone collects my trash for me. Gonna snow tomorrow.. but I don't have too much concern about it. Someone's got it covered. Police.. firefighters.. etc.
    That's funny, your submission to theft is exactly what fueled the creation of ISIS. There would have never been an ISIS if the U.S. would've never intervened in the middle east. Same goes for a huge majority of the terrorist. But you probably think they hate us because of our "freedom" lmfao, and again, you act as if those thing couldn't be covered. Capitalism, do you even? Supply and demand?

What? You're a fool to believe money isn't everything. YOU LIVE IN A F*CKING CAPITALISTIC SOCIETY FOR F*CKS SAKE. MONEY IS EVERYTHING IN THIS SOCIETY. Look around you, every single fken thing in your room is because of money. Every fken thing outside is because money. So essentially, money IS everything. Money isn't sh*t if it doesn't grant you freedom, but it does in this society. Lol, nice you're basically proving my point how ridiculous it is to steal from people to fund someone's career who will just be incompetent in office and in the end not use their power to help the people. You want to help the people? Get government off people's backs. The only way CEO's can take advantage of people is through influence of government. Without government, CEO's and corporations can't hurt you because everything is voluntary.

"If it wasn't for people like you, America would still be a nice place. Money is your sole motivation" Lmfao, do you not know what capitalism is? Not to say that we have capitalism in America, but the reason for all this technology and everything around you that makes life easier is BECAUSE OF F*CKING MONEY. People were motivated by incentives (money) to create everything you use. So how would America be a better place without people like me? America would be living in the stone age if it wasn't for people like me. How does that mean I lack integrity/morals? I PURSUE MONEY BECAUSE IT MEANS FREEDOM. I don't pursue money for the materialistic bull****. I WANT TO BE FREE. FREEDOM IS F*CKING EVERYTHING TO ME AND I WILL F*CKING DIE FOR IT

Originally Posted by AndYUKnowThis View Post
    When I'm done with school, I'm gonna see if I can get on an oil rig and pull $150k-$200k. Would be able to invest and retire quickly.
    Just try to think of your earnings in their pre-taxed form. Thinking of how your earnings will be after taxes would destroy your motivation.