Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Cool vids man! Something I may look at in the future. My training is ever-evolving as I learn more from the doods!
    My wife and I are big "the following" fans as well. Every Sunday..walking dead, every Monday...the following....waiting for Game of Thrones to start back up. Faaak my life has changed!!!
    Lol, wouldn't change now for the world!!
    Us too, though we haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet. We don't have cable but we have Amazon Prime, so we buy the seasons and we can usually watch it the next day. Since I joke about the zombie apocalypse, bowhunt, and love camping she thinks if Z-day ever did hit I'd be identical to Daryl...although grouchier

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Us too, though we haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet. We don't have cable but we have Amazon Prime, so we buy the seasons and we can usually watch it the next day. Since I joke about the zombie apocalypse, bowhunt, and love camping she thinks if Z-day ever did hit I'd be identical to Daryl...although grouchier
    Lol I am bringing the boys down to Grouchy's house come Z-day!!!

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol I am bringing the boys down to Grouchy's house come Z-day!!!
    I wouldn't say I'm a prepper, but I have a fairly adequate store of firearms, ammunition, equipment, and foodstuffs. You never know...

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You live in the mountains, too?

We got our own little slice of paradise where the nearest neighbor's half a mile up in the Catskills.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    You live in the mountains, too?

We got our own little slice of paradise where the nearest neighbor's half a mile up in the Catskills.
    No, unfortunately I live inside a city, albeit in a more suburbia type place. My wife is a country girl so she dislikes the city and is open to moving, we're just trying to find the ideal place. Unfortunately my job needs a suburb/city type setting to pay the best in most places so until I retire most likely we'll have to make do as is for now.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, unfortunately I live inside a city, albeit in a more suburbia type place. My wife is a country girl so she dislikes the city and is open to moving, we're just trying to find the ideal place. Unfortunately my job needs a suburb/city type setting to pay the best in most places so until I retire most likely we'll have to make do as is for now.
    Did I mention I drive over an hour one way to get to work every day? LOL
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Did I mention I drive over an hour one way to get to work every day? LOL
    I am very open to do that, as I would just go back to the night shift to avoid traffic. I want land and no neighbors, so if I want to shoot my guns or use my yard as a toilet I can without any concerns.

I am very open to do that, as I would just go back to the night shift to avoid traffic. I want land and no neighbors, so if I want to shoot my guns or use my yard as a toilet I can without any concerns.
    Boom. We're like that "not really a prepper, just like our privacy" sort of family.

It's fantastic...and having a pond with bass in it doesn't hurt.

Also, taxation is theft.

Boom. We're like that "not really a prepper, just like our privacy" sort of family.

It's fantastic...and having a pond with bass in it doesn't hurt.
    Absolutely. We're even fine with taking a pay cut for it, so hopefully a good opportunity comes up soon.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my son uses our backyard as a toilet frequently haha good think we back onto a pasture.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    20150312:
    Took the day off and spent time with the family. We took the boys to a gymnastics play place and they got to romp around, jump off of things, climb walls, jump on trampolines, and play with rings and bars. They offer classes, so I'm going to take a look into it for them - they had fun and gymnastics is great for boys. I had actually wanted to do it when I was a kid, but my old man was old school and thought it was for sissies. We then went out to eat, had an awesome lunch (steak, eggs, and potatoes), and hung out at home for a while and let the wife take a nap. Then did some shopping, finished it off with a nice dinner for just the two of us and watched "The Following".
    How old are your boys? Gymnastics is a great grounding for any sport .... it teaches you about self awareness of body position, co-ordination and the use of core and stabiliser muscles and sets you up for proper movement and keeping you injury free.
    I haven't been 'the following' but my youngest daughter has been torrenting it and has lined me up for a binge watching session when she's next home
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    my son uses our backyard as a toilet frequently haha good think we back onto a pasture.
    Funnily enough that's how we potty trained. They wouldn't pee in the toilet, so I started taking them outside to pee in the bushes. Next thing you know, they're using the toilet.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    How old are your boys? Gymnastics is a great grounding for any sport .... it teaches you about self awareness of body position, co-ordination and the use of core and stabiliser muscles and sets you up for proper movement and keeping you injury free.
    I haven't been 'the following' but my youngest daughter has been torrenting it and has lined me up for a binge watching session when she's next home
    I absolutely agree. They're 5 and 3, turning 6 and 4 here in a few months. They both love running around, rolling, jumping, and bouncing so they may like it. We have a pull-up bar in the house too and they always want to use it. When we're playing out in the yard, we'll have "Judo matches" too where they basically run at me and I do some controlled Judo throws on them. We used to do them at the dojo when I was training too, they loved it.

Left knee's been still a bit sketchy, so I just did an upper body session yesterday.

20150314:

Bench Press:
    145 for 3x5. Definitely glad I went a bit wider from when I first started, these feel a lot easier.

Weighted Pull-Ups:
    BW+5 for 3/3/3, then BW only for 4/3/3. Widened grip a bit as we got a new bar at the gym so lost a few reps, but I like this new pull-up bar better.

Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
    2x30s for 3x10.

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not being notified of posts in this thread, so just catching up on Z day and prepping. I'm planning on doing some tiny house living down the road. My current situation has me primed already for that downsizing. Life is great when its simple and uncomplicated!
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like a good upper session Grouchy. New grip widths on bench and chins usually take some adjustment, but looks like it worked well for you.

20150314:

Bench Press:
    145 for 3x5. Definitely glad I went a bit wider from when I first started, these feel a lot easier.
    Where are you grabbing the bar when you bench? I have a pretty narrow margin between "easier" and "ouch" where I can place my hands.

Also, taxation is theft.

Where are you grabbing the bar when you bench? I have a pretty narrow margin between "easier" and "ouch" where I can place my hands.
    Honestly I was preparing to bench and I suddenly remembered "32 inches" was my width. I measured it out, tried it out, and felt really strong from there.

I remember getting measured from elbow to elbow by a powerlifter friend of mine, with my arms out to the side, triceps parallel to the ground, and my forearms vertical. Supposedly you took some kind of percentage of that, and that was your base line to start from. I ended up going slightly wider, so mine may have been 30 or so. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find something for you along those lines. I brought my measuring tape in and with permission of the owner put some pencil marks on the bar for me, as it's an older barbell so it just has the smooth section in the middle and no rings. Not many folks venture to the corner where it's at, so the owner gave me the thumbs up.

Might be something like this, I messaged my buddy and will see what he says, but I think this might be it. Not sure how scientific it is, but I remember once I started working in that range I saw a big improvement personally.

http://www.strend.com/grip.html

Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    I'm not being notified of posts in this thread, so just catching up on Z day and prepping. I'm planning on doing some tiny house living down the road. My current situation has me primed already for that downsizing. Life is great when its simple and uncomplicated!
    I'm right there with you Moose. I'm all about the shipping container homes myself. Cheap, durable, insulated, and can deflect small caliber weapons. My buddy and I are are both interested by the idea, and have come up with a few designs. Now just to get the wives on board....

Honestly I was preparing to bench and I suddenly remembered "32 inches" was my width. I measured it out, tried it out, and felt really strong from there.

I remember getting measured from elbow to elbow by a powerlifter friend of mine, with my arms out to the side, triceps parallel to the ground, and my forearms vertical. Supposedly you took some kind of percentage of that, and that was your base line to start from. I ended up going slightly wider, so mine may have been 30 or so. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find something for you along those lines. I brought my measuring tape in and with permission of the owner put some pencil marks on the bar for me, as it's an older barbell so it just has the smooth section in the middle and no rings. Not many folks venture to the corner where it's at, so the owner gave me the thumbs up.

Might be something like this, I messaged my buddy and will see what he says, but I think this might be it. Not sure how scientific it is, but I remember once I started working in that range I saw a big improvement personally.

Crazy good info.

Also, taxation is theft.

I did it this way and got 31, so I'd say it's pretty close.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I absolutely agree. They're 5 and 3, turning 6 and 4 here in a few months. They both love running around, rolling, jumping, and bouncing so they may like it. We have a pull-up bar in the house too and they always want to use it. When we're playing out in the yard, we'll have "Judo matches" too where they basically run at me and I do some controlled Judo throws on them. We used to do them at the dojo when I was training too, they loved it.
    That's fun ... doing sport and exercise with your kids is a great way to connect ..... I have two girls, much older now, but I took them to gymnastics classes, circus schools, and and I just love taking them skiing (great for balance and co-ordination as well)

That's really interesting ... I'll go through that exercise and see what happens

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Still having some knee issues, so yesterday I just dropped by really quick, warmed up slightly, and did my standing presses. I did them from the rack, rather than cleaning them from the floor, felt harder actually. 120 for 3x5. Nothing else, even trying to climb on the pull-up bar step was bothersome.

Down sick for a while, back at it today. Took it easy and cut down a bit on weight, going to slowly ramp it back up over the coming weeks.

20150331:

Press - 110 for 3x5.
    Squat - 215 for 3x5.
    Chin-Ups - BW only for 4/4/4/4/4.

Nice to see you back in action Grouchy. Sorry to hear about the sickness. Good session back!

So many loggers here have been sick lately! It's good to have you back Grouchy .... good way to start back with some squats to frighten off the Ebola

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squats heal many things.
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

Thanks guys!

20150402:

Bench Press - 135 for 3x5.

Deadlifts - 255x5.

Pendlay Rows - 115 for 3x10.

Stretched out then had a few spare minutes so I played around with some L-sit progressions on the parallel bars they have for dips.

Back in full swing Grouchy! Great workout today man! Keep killing it.

Back in full swing Grouchy! Great workout today man! Keep killing it.
    Thanks raynerd. I had to drop everything about 10% to fit it in but no worries. I'll get it back quickly.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to see you back grouchy...sorry to hear you were down and out for a while....Solid sessions put in since
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

L-sits hit the abdominal wall hard, man. Good work.

Solid lifting yesterday.

Also, taxation is theft.