Winston26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

21 year old male Low Libido, Hormonal imbalances? Bloodwork

Hi Guys

I'm new here and have a problem that's been bothering me for quite a while.

Background Info:

Since I've started studying this fall, I gave up competitive Rowing.

Now I'm concentrating more on bodybuilding and weighttraining.

Height: 6.2
    Weight: 170
    Bodyfat: ~11-12%

The actual problem:

For quite a while now I have noticed that my libido is low to very low. I've had months were I almost never had morning wood or the desire to masturbate. I've always accounted this to my very demanding training regimen in rowing (lightweight) and thought my body is prioritizing it's energy...

But now since I'm not training that heavily anymore and had a long training break in the summer, I thought my libido would come back significantly. But this didn't happen. I've also had other symptoms like: mood swings, irritabilaty, lack of motivation, foggy mind, forgetfulness

When I was a young teenager I had a normal to high Libido and I think my current condition isn't normal for a male in my age.

I also recently started eating more dietary fat, because I thought this might be the problem. My diet is really healthy in general. I also take ZMA.

So after that didn't help I went to a Endocrinologist to get my testosterone checked, because I thought my symptomes indicated low test.

Bloodwork:

TSH 0.27-4.2 mlU/l (range) 1.63

FT4 9.1-23.8 pmol/l (range) 21.1

FT3 2.1-6.8 pmol/l (range) 6.1

Prolactin <18.8 ng/ml (range) 8.1

FSH 1.5-12.4 mlU/ml (range) 1.0 ! This can't be normal.

LH 1.7-8.6 mlU/ml (range) 2.3

Testosterone 562 ng/dl

He sent me home saying my testosterone is normal and everthing else is also fine. Saying my symptomes most likely are psycholocical. I don't share his opinion. I feel really frustrated.

Since the Bloodwork I started taking: Maca, Tribulus and Horny Goat weed and almost immediatly noticed a difference. I've took maca before and always noticed a difference immediately (in less than 6 hours)

So I've been reading about LH and FSH and estrogen (high low?) trying to figure out what might be the cause for my low libido.

What do you guys think about my Blood work? What else should I get tested?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks, Winston

connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this is not the right forum/website.

I'd get a second opinion from another endo
    log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165742981

nothing but the basics

HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Winston26 View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm new here and have a problem that's been bothering me for quite a while.

Background Info:

Since I've started studying this fall, I gave up competitive Rowing.

Now I'm concentrating more on bodybuilding and weighttraining.

Height: 6.2
    Weight: 170
    Bodyfat: ~11-12%

The actual problem:

For quite a while now I have noticed that my libido is low to very low. I've had months were I almost never had morning wood or the desire to masturbate. I've always accounted this to my very demanding training regimen in rowing (lightweight) and thought my body is prioritizing it's energy...

But now since I'm not training that heavily anymore and had a long training break in the summer, I thought my libido would come back significantly. But this didn't happen. I've also had other symptoms like: mood swings, irritabilaty, lack of motivation, foggy mind, forgetfulness

When I was a young teenager I had a normal to high Libido and I think my current condition isn't normal for a male in my age.

I also recently started eating more dietary fat, because I thought this might be the problem. My diet is really healthy in general. I also take ZMA.

So after that didn't help I went to a Endocrinologist to get my testosterone checked, because I thought my symptomes indicated low test.

Bloodwork:

TSH 0.27-4.2 mlU/l (range) 1.63

FT4 9.1-23.8 pmol/l (range) 21.1

FT3 2.1-6.8 pmol/l (range) 6.1

Prolactin <18.8 ng/ml (range) 8.1

FSH 1.5-12.4 mlU/ml (range) 1.0 ! This can't be normal.

LH 1.7-8.6 mlU/ml (range) 2.3

Testosterone 562 ng/dl

He sent me home saying my testosterone is normal and everthing else is also fine. Saying my symptomes most likely are psycholocical. I don't share his opinion. I feel really frustrated.

Since the Bloodwork I started taking: Maca, Tribulus and Horny Goat weed and almost immediatly noticed a difference. I've took maca before and always noticed a difference immediately (in less than 6 hours)

So I've been reading about LH and FSH and estrogen (high low?) trying to figure out what might be the cause for my low libido.

What do you guys think about my Blood work? What else should I get tested?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks, Winston
    Where are your estrogen levels ? Too high or too low E2 can cause libido problems too. Your test is "normal" but should be higher at 21 also. Tribulus only masks the problem it doesn't fix it, in fact it can actually worsen it in the long run, it will slightly increase libido but it will slightly lower your test. I would definitely stop posting on these forums and go see an endocrinologist.

As far as I know he didn't check my estrogen levels. :/ Doesn't the fact that maca has such a good affect show that something isn't in balance? Yes I intend to get a second opinion. I just wanted to be better prepared for the next time, to rely only on this forum wasn't my intention.

wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannabebigrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Winston26 View Post
    As far as I know he didn't check my estrogen levels. :/ Doesn't the fact that maca has such a good affect show that something isn't in balance? Yes I intend to get a second opinion. I just wanted to be better prepared for the next time, to rely only on this forum wasn't my intention.
    The fact that you believed maca would work is maybe why it did work, the placebo effect can be very strong. Hence why your doctor is saying it is most likely psychological.

I also highly doubt that maca would have such an immediate effect, further making me believe it is psychological.

Hm well I can't exclude the fact that it might be a placebo effect...