cgenteline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACSM HFS Exam in 5 days

Hello all,

I am a recent college grad and already passed my CPT exam. However, I wasn't aware I could sit for the HFS one and decided to do so in 5 days (to make more money and work in a clinical setting).

My ex phys professor gave me some pointers but I had a few questions to everyone who has taken it recently.

1. I know my conversions and metabolic equations down pact but was wondering what % of the questions were math related.
    2. Do I need to remember all of the individual charts with sex/age/results for pre-ex testing (like for # of push ups or sit ups)? (I'm assuming no)
    3. I got risk strata down. Everyone keeps telling me this is huge on the exam, but do I need to remember all the absolute/relative contraindications? They seem too "fine" in detail.
    4. I keep looking at flashcards online... they have more heart related information than the resource book has in it. Seems like ex phys all over again. Should I review EKG and the different segments/defects more in depth?
    5. Lastly, how much fine anatomy was on it? CPT had a lot of A,O,I and I knew it all bc I took it my last semester while in Kinesiology. Do I need to know this for HFS?

I know this seems like a lot of info to give someone prepping for the exam, but I just want to make sure I get my info down pact. I have been studying for the past month and I feel like I know the information. However, I get pretty bad test anxiety and i'm sure the practice exams in the certification review book are MUCH easier than the actual exam since I pulled off a 90% the first time for both the CPT and HFS sections.

wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's been awhile since I took it but all I remember is it wasn't as hard as everyone made it out to be. When I finished the test and walked out the lady who administers the test goes, "Oh you did good, most people fail it." Maby there's a lot of dumb people out there. Just study the chapter quizzes in the practice book. That's all I did for about a week.
    W.N.B.F Pro
    B.S Exercise Science
    ACSM-HFS
    Instagram-Wheels_Morgante_Fitness
    The reason why I do that, put my body through all that....Because I love it. -Ronnie Coleman

cgenteline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wheels30 View Post
    It's been awhile since I took it but all I remember is it wasn't as hard as everyone made it out to be. When I finished the test and walked out the lady who administers the test goes, "Oh you did good, most people fail it." Maby there's a lot of dumb people out there. Just study the chapter quizzes in the practice book. That's all I did for about a week.
    Appreciate it man,

I'm sure I've already over studied for it. I just wanna make sure I dont waste that 217 bucks lol.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Cgenteline- I was wondering what you thought about the exam?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.