mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Nutrition after fasted workout

Hey guys....I have been lifting fasted in the morning for a couple months now and it seems to be working out for me. I am a little confused as to what to eat after my workout. I have been drinking a whey shake with oatmeal for the past month, but I want to make sure if this is helping me in any way. Any help would be much appreciated.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrnish View Post
    Hey guys....I have been lifting fasted in the morning for a couple months now and it seems to be working out for me. I am a little confused as to what to eat after my workout. I have been drinking a whey shake with oatmeal for the past month, but I want to make sure if this is helping me in any way. Any help would be much appreciated.
    That's perfect. Carbs and protein.

I intermittent fast from 10pm to 2pm the next day and go to the gym around 1pm so I'm always fasted. Lately I've been having 1.5 scoops of whey, a banana, and a fun size snicker bar.
    --O|||||||O--

mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrnish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    That's perfect. Carbs and protein.

I intermittent fast from 10pm to 2pm the next day and go to the gym around 1pm so I'm always fasted. Lately I've been having 1.5 scoops of whey, a banana, and a fun size snicker bar.
    Thanks 1quick1...I've been reading that some people drink a gatorade right after a workout...does it really matter if I consume a slow digesting carb vs. a fast digesting carb?

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Outside of the context of your overall daily dietary intake, one meal is largely irrelevant.
    Eat what you're in the mood for.

That being said, if you are training fasted, it would make sense to get a decently balanced meal with a solid combination of protein/carbs/fat.

Thanks 1quick1...I've been reading that some people drink a gatorade right after a workout...does it really matter if I consume a slow digesting carb vs. a fast digesting carb?
    No, it doesn't matter.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's an old school train of thought but you can go either way. But I honestly had 1/2 cup of rolled oats ground in a coffee grinder mixed with 1.5 scoops of whey post workout for at least 7-8 years.
    --O|||||||O--

InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Personally I'd save the calories instead of wasting them on a protein shake, and simply cook a nice big breakfast after training.

4-6 whole eggs.
    Couple slices of bacon.
    Toast w/ jelly.
    Wash it down with a nice big glass of whole milk.

Way tastier than a protein shake, and just as effective.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    Outside of the context of your overall daily dietary intake, one meal is largely irrelevant.

That being said, if you are training fasted, it would make sense to get a decently balanced meal with a solid combination of protein/carbs/fat
    No, it doesn't matter.
    Thanks InItForFitness....there is soooo much info out there...I can see why people get fed up and quit their fitness goals. I'm starting to notice that a lot of it is trial and error and most people want results NOW.

Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    That's an old school train of thought but you can go either way. But I honestly had 1/2 cup of rolled oats ground in a coffee grinder mixed with 1.5 scoops of whey post workout for at least 7-8 years.
    Thats exactly how i've been doing my shakes after my workout.

Personally I'd save the calories instead of wasting them on a protein shake, and simply cook a nice big breakfast after training.

4-6 whole eggs.
    Couple slices of bacon.
    Toast w/ jelly.
    Wash it down with a nice big glass of whole milk.

Way tastier than a protein shake, and just as effective.
    I would like to do the same, but I have less than an hour to get ready to go to work and get two kids ready for school..It's a time saver for me.

Thanks InItForFitness....there is soooo much info out there...I can see why people get fed up and quit their fitness goals. I'm starting to notice that a lot of it is trial and error and most people want results NOW.
    There is, unfortunately the majority of the 'info' is ficticious and based on "studies" that are highly biased towards the outcome that would benefit those funding them (normally supplement companies).

The real facts are that the difference between a protein shake w/ oats post-workout, or a nice big meal, is negligable in their individual context and will yield the same exact results assuming overall dietary intake is the same.

My suggestion would be to test both and see which you prefer.

Me, I'll always take real food over powders.

I would like to do the same, but I have less than an hour to get ready to go to work and get two kids ready for school..It's a time saver for me.
    Meal prep?
    The only real part that takes time is cooking the bacon, and that's onlyl 10-15 minutes..but you could always do it the night prior, or do a big weeks batch of it on a certain day and store it for the week.

Then just whip up the eggs quick, reheat the bacon, throw toast down while the eggs cook.
    You can have the meal finished and consumed in under 15 minutes.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

Meal prep?
    The only real part that takes time is cooking the bacon, and that's onlyl 10-15 minutes..but you could always do it the night prior, or do a big weeks batch of it on a certain day and store it for the week.

Then just whip up the eggs quick, reheat the bacon, throw toast down while the eggs cook.
    You can have the meal finished and consumed in under 15 minutes.
    I usually do meal prep for my lunches. Chicken, rice and veg. on Sunday...For some reason, i have never thought about doing it for breakfast.

Another question for you guys...Do you weigh your food cooked or uncooked(Chicken, beef)??

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Always raw.

I usually do meal prep for my lunches. Chicken, rice and veg. on Sunday...For some reason, i have never thought about doing it for breakfast.
    Honestly, there really shouldn't be any required for breakfast, but in this aspect it could help.
    Just knocking out the cooking time of the bacon at least could make a big difference and just enough extra time in the morning to get yourself a quality meal instead of having to settle.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Always raw.
    Thanks Mrpb

Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd skip the shake and mix the whey into the oatmeal when it's done.
    Proats!

Also don't forget a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder, assuming it'll complement the flavor of your whey. And slice a banana on top of it, or whichever fruit complements your whey/cocoa/spices. Fruit is a quick and easy way to make oats less boring.
    Easy and tasty.
    "As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."
    "The plural of anecdote is not data."

Originally Posted by Mncdk View Post
    I'd skip the shake and mix the whey into the oatmeal when it's done.
    Proats!

Also don't forget a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder, assuming it'll complement the flavor of your whey. And slice a banana on top of it, or whichever fruit complements your whey/cocoa/spices. Fruit is a quick and easy way to make oats less boring.
    Easy and tasty.
    I tried that one time, the whey didn't dissolve all the way...so it looked a tad nasty and didn't taste all that good. Another reason it probably didn't taste good was that it is a cookies n cream flavor, which i'm getting tired of and I still have 3/4 tub left

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That being said, if you are training fasted, it would make sense to get a decently balanced meal with a solid combination of protein/carbs/fat.
    This ^.

Have a normal meal with sufficient protein (> 30 gram), carbs and fat.

Nothing special about a whey shake post workout.