Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    100 X's more powerful than Hubble? WOW!! I love it... my theories might be proven true!

Is that 100 X's more mag power in visible light?

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Howdy....

Well....the time has arrived.

"NASA announced today that the launch of JWST is now scheduled for Dec. 24, 2021, at 7:20 a.m. EST. JWST currently sits atop an ESA Ariane 5 rocket, a very reliable heavy lift workhorse. All checks have been completed and JWST is all set for launch … the countdown clock is running. It is not an exaggeration to say that all involved in the building of JWST and the worldwide astronomical community that is so eager to use JWST, is probably feeling a mix of tension, anxiety and exhilaration as the moment to lift off approaches."

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...pe+launch+date
    https://www.google.com/search?client...grange+point+2

Twenty five years or so from conception to this moment.
    I can certainly imagine the anxiety within the whole science community and I share it.
    18 mirrors amounting to 6X the size of Hubble and 100X more powerful.

IIRC.....about a month to arrive at L2 orbiting position and a couple weeks to get all systems deployed.
    I'm really looking forward to it's success and thanks to Canada, UK and US for making this event a reality.
    It's success should offer some stunning new realizations.....if all goes well, that is.

If the date holds it will be a great Christmas eve.

Carry on....have a great weekend.
    Awesome stuff! Thanks for the heads-up, Wayne Dude.

I just saw a feature aboot this thing and was blown away by the potential in exploration it represents. Not being science minded, I'm hoping I can count on u and fellow science dudes here to keep us knuckleheads apprised of what they discover with that gold, salad spinner looking contraption. By what yur saying i reckon aboot 6 weeks before we know if maybe we're not alone and/or in a simulation. I can keep busy till then.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Awesome stuff! Thanks for the heads-up, Wayne Dude. I'm hoping I can count on u and fellow science dudes here to keep us knuckleheads apprised of what they discover with that gold, salad spinner looking contraption. By what your saying I reckon aboot 6 weeks before we know if maybe we're not alone and/or in a simulation. I can keep busy till then.
    Hey Chaz....

Yeah...being merely a layman science junkie I do try to keep up.

That's what I think they eluded to.
    I'd guess that '6 weeks' is a very rough estimate.
    I binged watch several YT videos about the JWST a few nights ago.

I'm just hoping I live long enough to learn of all of the cosmic knowledge it will reveal to us.

I firmly believe there is other life out there on some yet unknown orb.
    But....I think the odds of other intelligent life (beyond one-celled) comparable to ourselves would be very rare but I wouldn't rule it out.
    If there are other intelligent, self aware life forms they would not look anything like us.
    Our human morphology is determined by Earth's gravity and other planets (over 4K discovered) having the same mass, gravity and in a very similar habitable zone would be quite rare indeed.

On spread....thanks for chiming in.

"Wayne Dude" out....carry on.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 12-19-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey Chaz....

Yeah...being merely a layman science junkie I do try to keep up.

That's what I think they eluded to.
    I'd guess that '6 weeks' is a very rough estimate.
    I binged watch several YT videos about the JWST a few nights ago.

I'm just hoping I live long enough to learn of all of the cosmic knowledge it will reveal to us.

I firmly believe there is other life out there on some yet unknown orb.
    But....I think the odds of other intelligent life (beyond one-celled) comparable to ourselves would be very rare but I wouldn't rule it out.
    If there are other intelligent, self aware life forms they would not look anything like us.
    Our human morphology is determined by Earth's gravity and other planets (over 4K discovered) having the same mass, gravity and in a very similar habitable zone would be quite rare indeed.

On spread....thanks for chiming in.

"Wayne Dude" out....carry on.
    Insightful observations, Wayne, and good food for thought. I'm keen to follow the JWST's journey in hope of some answers, while also enthralled in the knowledge that wonders never cease.

Stay thirsty, Wayne Dude.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Insightful observations, Wayne, and good food for thought. I'm keen to follow the JWST's journey in hope of some answers, while also enthralled in the knowledge that wonders never cease. Stay thirsty, Wayne Dude.
    Thanks CW....

Been watching the live stream and so far, so good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7mr5aMgWM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULxl7pfeUL4

Have a great Christmas day with the family everyone.

Carry on....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 12-25-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Thanks Wayne.

6 weeks will fly by.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's cloudy where I am, but if you have a clear view of the sky tonight, go out and look for meteors. Good luck and happy hunting

3rd January. The Quadrantid meteor shower is known for bright fireball meteors

EDIT: as soon as it gets dark Only at the start of your night, it's only for a short period starting 3:30 EST then for a few hours, so the earlier you can watch the better

Thanks Wayne. 6 weeks will fly by.
    Ha...no shvt.

At my age 6 weeks is more like 6 nanoseconds and I'm not getting any prettier as the clock ticks.

Back to it....
    Original music:

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    3rd January. The Quadrantid meteor shower is known for bright fireball meteors. EDIT: as soon as it gets dark Only at the start of your night, it's only for a short period starting 3:30 EST then for a few hours, so the earlier you can watch the better
    Howdy OFT....

Thanks for the tip.
    I'm in the heartland with clear skies at this moment.
    Will advise if I have any visual luck.

Back to it....(on spread with all contributors)
    Original music:

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The (Chinese? Musk?) rocket attack on the moon is going to happen in the next 3 1/2 hours
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60596449

Let's hope enraged Lunar aliens don't rise up from their craters to wreak a terrible revenge.
    Who ****** knows, anything seems possible these days

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The (Chinese? Musk?) rocket attack on the moon is going to happen in the next 3 1/2 hours
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60596449

Let's hope enraged Lunar aliens don't rise up from their craters to wreak a terrible revenge.
    Who ****** knows, anything seems possible these days
    Interesting - space junk drama!!
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

Registered User ghostdivision88's Avatar
    ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do love me some science.

More specifically, math type stuff, like problem solving and physics problems.

"...The Americas will be treated to the full spectacle, lasting 84 minutes. If you're in western US and Canada, the time to watch the horizon is Sunday evening as the Moon rises..."

This is tonight people!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61423765

For me this is just before sunrise tomorrow, but of course... it will be complete cloud cover, maybe light rain. You guys will just have to tell me if you saw it, and if it was any good

"...The Americas will be treated to the full spectacle, lasting 84 minutes. If you're in western US and Canada, the time to watch the horizon is Sunday evening as the Moon rises..."
    Yep....thanks for the forum reminder (on spread)

Looking forward to it.

(It won't be long before JWST will enhancing our knowledge of many cosmic phenomena)

Hope all is well.
    Original music:

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep....thanks for the forum reminder (on spread)

Looking forward to it.

(It won't be long before JWST will enhancing our knowledge of many cosmic phenomena)

Hope all is well.
    I saw a video the other day that told why the JWST won't have fixable **** ups if things should go wrong like they did on the Hubble several times. It's because the Hubble is 340 miles from Earth and the James Webb will be about a million miles away. This was news to my ears.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    I saw a video the other day that told why the JWST won't have fixable **** ups if things should go wrong like they did on the Hubble several times. It's because the Hubble is 340 miles from Earth and the James Webb will be about a million miles away. This was news to my ears.
    I recall that too.
    I also thought about that during the launch countdown.
    If a tiny thing goes wrong after launch....then what?
    10 billion & 10 years of investment and hoping the technology holds up.

We'll see....(on spread for chiming in)
    Original music:

I recall that too.
    I also thought about that during the launch countdown.
    If a tiny thing goes wrong after launch....then what?
    10 billion & 10 years of investment and hoping the technology holds up.

We'll see....(on spread for chiming in)
    Oh, thanks. As far as I know, the heat shield that's the size of a football field, unfolded without a hitch.

Anyone planning to watch today's Artemis launch?

Should be link to NASA YouTube broadcast/livestream below (might not work if you read this thread after the event?)

Edit.. that's odd, when I posted it, it was working, now all NASA Kennedy Space Center content is unavailable?

Try this link instead https://youtu.be/P7Ft755rnTE
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 08-29-2022 at 03:05 AM.

Launch scrubbed today, try again Friday

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone planning to watch today's Artemis launch?

Should be link to NASA YouTube broadcast/livestream below (might not work if you read this thread after the event?)

Edit.. that's odd, when I posted it, it was working, now all NASA Kennedy Space Center content is unavailable?

Try this link instead https://youtu.be/P7Ft755rnTE

Artemis launch scrubbed, engine bleed issue
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Liftoff is scheduled to occur during a two-hour window that opens Saturday at 2:17 p.m. EDT (1817 GMT).

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Very shallow popular article, so don't expect deep dive biochemistry etc but an interesting read about changes in understanding of cancer. To whet your appetite, it starts off like this:

"...The classical view of cancer starts with a healthy cell. It acquires more and more mutations in its genetic code, or DNA, until it reaches a tipping point. Then it becomes a cancer and grows uncontrollably.

But there are problems with this idea: cancerous mutations are found in seemingly healthy tissue, and many substances known to cause cancer - including air pollution - don't seem to damage people's DNA

So what is going on?
    The researchers have produced evidence of a different idea..."

Interesting stuff!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62797777

Mornin' all....

Anyone here from Wisconsin?
    A very cool find....this is the second one from Lake Mendota but this one dates back to 1000 BCE.

https://www.nbc15.com/2022/09/22/300...-lake-mendota/

Have a great day....
    Original music:

NASA's asteroid-smashing spacecraft is just days away from hitting its target

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Monday Sept 26 @ 7:15 pm Est
    Mornin' mtp....

Pretty incredible technology.
    I tend to think this approach may be necessary.
    Orb Earth is still quite vulnerable in this context.

On spread with all contributors....back to it..
    Original music:

Mornin' mtp....

Pretty incredible technology.
    I tend to think this approach may be necessary.
    Orb Earth is still quite vulnerable in this context.

On spread with all contributors....back to it..

Totally agree Wayne, it will be an interesting test.

Falcon 9 launched 52 Starlink satellites to orbit

Many folks along the eastern seaboard reported seeing it in the clear night skies last evening

Here's the link for tomorrow's DART's impact if anyone gives a sh!t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RA8Tfa6Sck