MrsTrimWaist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrsTrimWaist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrsTrimWaist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Postpartum joint pain and nutrition/weightlifting

I'm about 2 months postpartum and just recently started a new lifting program (Jim Stoppani's 6 Week to Shred). I've heard that you should take it easy after having a baby and I definitely did...for a while. I didn't have any issues at 6 weeks so I don't see a problem pushing myself. Here we were a couple weeks later and I have pretty bad wrist, knee, achilles, and foot pain. (The foot pain isn't plantar fasciatis. It feels like someone is stepping on my foot when I walk.) The joint pain is bad enough I can't jog or run. A couple years ago I did an Ironman. A year ago, I was deadlifting 250+. I've spent the past year (crippled with back/hip pain/pre-eclampsia) just waiting to get back into shape, so this derailment is killing me.

This isn't the typical "just started working out" pain so I don't think it's related to not working out hard for a while.

I've seen a lot of posts on postpartum related forums about this, but nothing specifically related to continuing to work out with this pain and whether any particular supplements or vitamins help. I won't usually waste money on something unless I know it will help (i.e. calcium supplements, glucosamine, etc). Has anyone had this issue and did you find anything that helped? I feel like my doctor is going to tell me to take it easy. I know that some of you out there will know that's just not possible for some people. I hope there's a middle ground