Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000)

Any input here? Physique disappointment

Well I competed...Physique. Got fourth place in these two line-ups.

If you can't tell. I'm the baldy with the goatee.

Judges feedback was I was too conditioned for the groups I was in, and would have been better served in lightweight bodybuilder.

Well, whatever...

What went wrong?

Manlet in-progress ArmyROTCCadet05's Avatar
    ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No way dude. First impression was I thought the bald goatee guy was the clear winner!

Just because your entire competition lineup was UNDER CONDITIONED and you swept that lineup clean, doesn't mean you are "Over conditioned" for MP.. see MP Olympia Lineup....

I would have been furious because had you gone bb the judges would have probably dropped you for not being muscular enough.

Who won? The guy on the far right is my guess just because of his presentation..

bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks man. The more I think about it, the more I think there must be something the pictures cannot tell me,

acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks like you have the best physique up there to me (not very good competition there IMHO). The only "knock" I would have is your posing, but no one else is doing it right either.
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Supporting my fitness and competition goals
    Follow Me!
    Instagram: TonyCandales
    www.********.com/tony.candales
    www.twitter.com/GiftedGenetics (Tony Candales @GiftedGenetics)
    YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/channel/UCMh7llZGWhRtRxrWaW0f7Jw

Originally Posted by acandales001 View Post
    Looks like you have the best physique up there to me (not very good competition there IMHO). The only "knock" I would have is your posing, but no one else is doing it right either.
    Thank you! Any tips on what I can do to fix that part?

Manlet in-progress ArmyROTCCadet05's Avatar
    ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ArmyROTCCadet05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    practice and watch videos

acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bradandblake View Post
    Thank you! Any tips on what I can do to fix that part?
    I have a series of videos covering Men's Physique tips. More to come on posing/presentation, but here's 1:

IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Follow Me!

Thanks. I'll check it out.

hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) hemi_n_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    first of all congrats on making it to the stage, alot of people dont make it that far. The first two things that stood out for me was your posing and your facial hair. Honestly ive noticed judges dont tend to like hair on a mp. Especially here in cali and nv. It looks great and you pull it off I wouldn't try getting rid of it just yet but something to think about. Secondly was your posing. Be nice to see some back shots also but you need help posing. Plus we can't see how well your personality walk was with just the few pics you provided. So there's alot of things it makes it hard to determin how great or good you were. First off dont stand square at the judges and make sure you make eye contact with them. It looks like your conditioning was on point but maybe you didn't present it well. From what i can see you have no lats/no v taper and thats something the judges want to see. Be happy you got a trophy and you made it. Now you know you can do it and will just keep getting better and everything wil keep getting easier. Also it never hurts to hire a coach .

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great physique there. Hard to say that you're not the best there, because I would have given you 1st or 2nd place for sure.

Only thing is, shave the goatee man. Not saying you don't rock the goatee well, just saying judges look at faces and don't go for that look. Makes you look older as well as looks like you're "wearing" something when you're body is supposed to be the showcase.

Plus you wanna show off that smile. It's the total package that lands people sponsorships, magazine shoots, etc
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

Originally Posted by hemi_n_cali View Post
    first of all congrats on making it to the stage, alot of people dont make it that far. The first two things that stood out for me was your posing and your facial hair. Honestly ive noticed judges dont tend to like hair on a mp. Especially here in cali and nv. It looks great and you pull it off I wouldn't try getting rid of it just yet but something to think about. Secondly was your posing. Be nice to see some back shots also but you need help posing. Plus we can't see how well your personality walk was with just the few pics you provided. So there's alot of things it makes it hard to determin how great or good you were. First off dont stand square at the judges and make sure you make eye contact with them. It looks like your conditioning was on point but maybe you didn't present it well. From what i can see you have no lats/no v taper and thats something the judges want to see. Be happy you got a trophy and you made it. Now you know you can do it and will just keep getting better and everything wil keep getting easier. Also it never hurts to hire a coach .
    I have a v-taper. They had us close together so unfortunately my arms covered it up. I actually didn't get a trophy but I just surprised not to get at least top 3. I am doing another show Nov 8th, and am going to come in much fuller this time.

Now:

Day before the contest:

Originally Posted by mot1ve View Post
    Great physique there. Hard to say that you're not the best there, because I would have given you 1st or 2nd place for sure.

Only thing is, shave the goatee man. Not saying you don't rock the goatee well, just saying judges look at faces and don't go for that look. Makes you look older as well as looks like you're "wearing" something when you're body is supposed to be the showcase.

Plus you wanna show off that smile. It's the total package that lands people sponsorships, magazine shoots, etc
    Thanks man. I'm going with completely shaven everything this next time around...
    Last edited by bradandblake; 10-19-2014 at 07:16 AM.

igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000) igor_1311 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I read that you came in 4th I thought this was a fuaking joke.

You legit kicked the ass of everyone on stage.

Pick another organization or show cuz this one's got their priorities backwards and up their ass

Great conditioning, mens physique still requires you to be ripped, just not 4% bf with striated glutes like bodybuilding.

Check out the recent Mens Physique Olympia, they were all shredded.

Mens physique does favor the pretty boy image so drop the Walter White thing and you'll be fine

Good job OP, mirin hard.
    Vitruvian Physique on YouTube/Instagram!

YouTube (400K subs): www.youtube.com/user/VitruvianPhysique

Instagram (100k followers): https://instagram.com/vitruvian_physique/

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And depending on where you are politics matter a LOT. I have several people at my gym that compete, and some how 2nd gym memberships at a place where the owner is friends with all the local NPC judges. From the looks of this though it doesn't even look like an NPC show. Most up there look like 1st timers. Your defitinely in the best shape on stage or at least right there. My initial concern at first glance is exactly what they told you though. I thought you might be TOO lean. Others have pointed out that at the higher level shows this would be ideal for physique Seems like at smaller shows though being TOO muscular or lean can be a negative. A guy at my gym did his first show 3 or 4 weeks ago and won, and he doesn't carry a ton of muscle nor is he extremely lean. He's in real good shape, but not as overall muscular as you.

I guess in a nutshell WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BODYBUILDING JUDGING!
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

Originally Posted by igor_1311 View Post
    When I read that you came in 4th I thought this was a fuaking joke.

You legit kicked the ass of everyone on stage.

Pick another organization or show cuz this one's got their priorities backwards and up their ass

Great conditioning, mens physique still requires you to be ripped, just not 4% bf with striated glutes like bodybuilding.

Check out the recent Mens Physique Olympia, they were all shredded.

Mens physique does favor the pretty boy image so drop the Walter White thing and you'll be fine

Good job OP, mirin hard.
    Thanks man. I really appreciate that. I'm going to shave it all this time. I can't do hair on top, since its balding...sadly.

Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    And depending on where you are politics matter a LOT. I have several people at my gym that compete, and some how 2nd gym memberships at a place where the owner is friends with all the local NPC judges. From the looks of this though it doesn't even look like an NPC show. Most up there look like 1st timers. Your defitinely in the best shape on stage or at least right there. My initial concern at first glance is exactly what they told you though. I thought you might be TOO lean. Others have pointed out that at the higher level shows this would be ideal for physique Seems like at smaller shows though being TOO muscular or lean can be a negative. A guy at my gym did his first show 3 or 4 weeks ago and won, and he doesn't carry a ton of muscle nor is he extremely lean. He's in real good shape, but not as overall muscular as you.

I guess in a nutshell WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BODYBUILDING JUDGING!
    I'm finding this to be more and more true. Politics. Had to deal with some already for the show coming up Nov 8th. I'm not sure I can outlast the political side of things.

I'm going to do my best, soften up a bit, smile, and hopefully it goes better.

Just a few more tips based on the updates. If there is no room, take a step forward (toward the judges) and make room. You can't let anything stop you from properly hitting a pose. I had to do this at several shows especially during back comparisons. It may seem like a d*ck move, but in many ways, it shows the judges you are there to compete and you deserve to be able to hit your pose the way you want.

Also, on your back pose, roll your shoulders back a bit and lean back some (arch your back to accomplish this). You should be able to see some of your front delt if you do this properly. It will add to the illusion of width up top.
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Follow Me!

Just a few more tips based on the updates. If there is no room, take a step forward (toward the judges) and make room. You can't let anything stop you from properly hitting a pose. I had to do this at several shows especially during back comparisons. It may seem like a d*ck move, but in many ways, it shows the judges you are there to compete and you deserve to be able to hit your pose the way you want.

Also, on your back pose, roll your shoulders back a bit and lean back some (arch your back to accomplish this). You should be able to see some of your front delt if you do this properly. It will add to the illusion of width up top.
    Thanks for the tip. How does this look?

Better....I would go even more arch. Think arching your lower back and rolling the shoulders back even more. You have to remember, the judges are below stage level, so you need to think about getting our back in the right position so its on a parallel plane from their point of view. Here's an example as I was working on this myself several months ago. These pics are from one day to the next, so there is no muscular development here, just all illusion. Note the "added" width up top, the disappearing waist, and some added definition overall:

IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Follow Me!

Better....I would go even more arch. Think arching your lower back and rolling the shoulders back even more. You have to remember, the judges are below stage level, so you need to think about getting our back in the right position so its on a parallel plane from their point of view. Here's an example as I was working on this myself several months ago. These pics are from one day to the next, so there is no muscular development here, just all illusion. Note the "added" width up top, the disappearing waist, and some added definition overall:
    Gotcha. Ok I'll work on that. Excellent work man.

masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) masthead716 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    F*cking lol at 4th place. From those pics you were the only person worthy of being on stage. Regardless of placing you looked great brother.
    Instagram - @dan_evan1

Originally Posted by masthead716 View Post
    F*cking lol at 4th place. From those pics you were the only person worthy of being on stage. Regardless of placing you looked great brother.
    Thank you. I'll come in a bit fuller this time with more teeth.

Trying to bring in a bit more attitude.

Our organization only does front / back / front poses in the model pose portion.

Last edited by bradandblake; 10-23-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: fixed video

Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goldeneagle76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had you pegged as #1 in both sets before even looking at you forum pic to know it was you.

Registered User nipoleoncomplex's Avatar
    nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nipoleoncomplex is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Those judges are yakasses.

You're shredded as fuark you should have won.

Thanks guys. It looks like I'll come in about 4-5 pounds heavier this time around, they won't be able to say too shredded. Now they'll just say..."too big". LOL
    Last edited by bradandblake; 10-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's a great physique op so kudos on what you have achieved but theres something off about your shoulders that I just cant pinpoint for sure. If I had to guess Id say that getting more roundness in the shoulders would really help overall.

(anyone that has anything to say about this comment please do to narrow it down)

And I think you should have won first at the competition myself but its great to see you didnt let it bother you. And if the thought does start to creep in just remind yourself its not all about winning but improving and enjoying yourself more so in my opinion.

I look forward to your upcoming competition photos and results.
    Last edited by stingray72; 11-03-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

JalKed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's nonesense. With a physique like this you should have ended up in the top 3, if not the 1st ! I think it wasbecause of politics, sadly !
    Last edited by JalKed; 11-05-2014 at 04:47 AM.

End result this time.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2...events/3568563 <- if you want to see a clip of my posing. My class starts around the 2:44:00 mark.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Last edited by bradandblake; 11-10-2014 at 08:50 AM.

goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goatcher1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should have won that mate

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you looked the best IMO