Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)

Anyone over 40 here takes saw palmetto?

Anyone over 40 here takes saw palmetto? If so, how much of it do you take a day? I've been back reading, I've read some mix opinions on this stuff. Does this affect your workout and your gains?

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    unless you're going to the rest room every ten minutes and it's interfering with your training I don't see why it would hinder progress if you're taking it.
    what is the purpose that you feel the need for it?
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yup...I take 1800-2700 mg a day. Been taking it for about 3 months...and I'm a believer. Was having difficulting starting the flow, but now, alls good.

No affect on workout or gains that I've noticed.
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Some 15 years ago I read about prostrate cancer in men, and that most men as the age have prostrate cancer, do not die of it but do have cancer of the prostrate. I enjoy being a man, and even in eventual olde age want everything working. For all those years I have taken Prostrate formula from Life Plus in Arkansas, or a Prostrate Formula from Dr. Whitaker's Health & Fitness. Buying in bulk gets price down to $300 a year, and you get to continue as a man. Both are outstanding products, as I can attest, and science tests prove.

In a recent blood test my PSA was something like .6....very low and working like that of a much younger man, plus had a manual check of prostrate gland and the testing PRN was amazed at it being in such good shape.

I have zero complaints or side effects.
    Do what's right.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The focus was originally on androgens and Prostate cancer (testosterone and DHT). Now, the focus is more on estrogens (E2). Keeping your E2 in check is the way to go.

Sort of mixed info out there on the effectiveness of saw palmetto. Best way to find out would be with blood work.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134227/

"In contrast to the early work on estrogen as a treatment for castration-resistant cancer or as a cancer preventive in the case of phytoestrogens, an ample body of evidence suggests that estrogens may play a critical role in predisposing, or even causing, prostate cancer."
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    our OP owes us a return post and explanation in more detail, exactly what he expects out of Saw Palmetto.....he did not mention prostate problems in his thread opener, so we really don't know where he is coming from on this....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I started taking it a few years back to maintain a healthy prostate. It was recommended to take 160 mg of a standardized extract two times per day. As mentioned above, I too didn't notice any negative affects with my workouts or gains....but it did have a positive affect on my prostate.

Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mike Spitzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, I have taken Saw Palmetto since passing the age of 43 (now 51)
    Like the post above, my PSA is still less than 0.6
    It "might" have also slowed some hair loss - but honestly without having a perfect twin for scientific comparison - who can really say.
    My purpose for taking it was Prostate Health and other implied benefits for men over age 40.
    Michael Spitzer - Author - FITNESS at 40,50,60 and BEYOND

apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50) apmark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Prostate, not Prostrate but good report, thanks!

Blamo456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blamo456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    During the past 5 years, I've been having troubles with frequent urination, burning pain underneath my scrotum, and sudden urges to go to the bathroom. Sometimes, I wake up four or more times a night which of course affects the quality of the next day greatly. If you have those symptoms, don't be dumb or a tough guy like me. See a doctor. Currently, I'm being treated with an antibiotic called Bactrim. I've been on the medication for a month so far with little change and begin seeing a urologist in a few days where I'll be having my bladder scoped, ultrasound of the region, and contrast CT.

Again, see a doctor if you're having troubles. If you're embarrassed, don't be. I know I was concerned, but the process isn't bad at all. You will get a digital exam of your prostate (finger in the butt). I thought it would be humiliating yet it wasn't, and it wasn't very painful either. You just feel an uncomfortable pressure initially that continues to increase until the doctor gets to where he or she has to examine, and before you know it, the process is over. I would guess it took my doctor about 30 seconds.

That said, I have tried every over the counter medication there is to be had. I've altered my diet in every imaginable way to reduce inflammation (avoid caffeine is my advice) and in the process lost 50 lbs which is supposed to relieve pressure on the bladder; however, I feel no different. I've done it all. The only over the counter product I've found that has had any effect at all is called Pygeum. You can buy it through Amazon. I get the the Swanson brand prostate combo. It has Pygeum, Saw Palmetto, and another compound call Stinging Nettle which is said to increase the effectiveness of the Pygeum. It's fairly cheap around $14 US and will last a month or slightly more. This will not cure you. For me, it just takes the inflammation pain away but the frequent urge to urinate remains. Saw Palmetto by itself has no effect, neither does straight Beta Sitosterol.

TLDR: SEE A DOCTOR: Don't be a tough guy (my mistake): For immediate relief try Pygeum. Saw Palmetto doesn't help.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Blamo456 View Post
    During the past 5 years, I've been having troubles with frequent urination, burning pain underneath my scrotum, and sudden urges to go to the bathroom. Sometimes, I wake up four or more times a night which of course affects the quality of the next day greatly. If you have those symptoms, don't be dumb or a tough guy like me. See a doctor. Currently, I'm being treated with an antibiotic called Bactrim. I've been on the medication for a month so far with little change and begin seeing a urologist in a few days where I'll be having my bladder scoped, ultrasound of the region, and contrast CT.

Again, see a doctor if you're having troubles. If you're embarrassed, don't be. I know I was concerned, but the process isn't bad at all. You will get a digital exam of your prostate (finger in the butt). I thought it would be humiliating yet it wasn't, and it wasn't very painful either. You just feel an uncomfortable pressure initially that continues to increase until the doctor gets to where he or she has to examine, and before you know it, the process is over. I would guess it took my doctor about 30 seconds.

That said, I have tried every over the counter medication there is to be had. I've altered my diet in every imaginable way to reduce inflammation (avoid caffeine is my advice) and in the process lost 50 lbs which is supposed to relieve pressure on the bladder; however, I feel no different. I've done it all. The only over the counter product I've found that has had any effect at all is called Pygeum. You can buy it through Amazon. I get the the Swanson brand prostate combo. It has Pygeum, Saw Palmetto, and another compound call Stinging Nettle which is said to increase the effectiveness of the Pygeum. It's fairly cheap around $14 US and will last a month or slightly more. This will not cure you. For me, it just takes the inflammation pain away but the frequent urge to urinate remains. Saw Palmetto by itself has no effect, neither does straight Beta Sitosterol.

TLDR: SEE A DOCTOR: Don't be a tough guy (my mistake): For immediate relief try Pygeum. Saw Palmetto doesn't help.
    Ask your doctor to change your script to Vibramycin! Surprised they didn't put you on Ciprofloxacin. Just about every doctor uses that as the main go to for bph.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a fairly inexpensive supplement and anything that can help maintain you manly functionality in that area is worth a try. I've been taken it with several other health/ organ saving for a few months now. I can say I've noticed a difference... Maybe because I'm doing or taken it as prevention of the symptoms, rather than waiting till they occur.
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.