Do you do drugs Danny? majorchamp's Avatar
    majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)

Irregular bowel movements during cut and less calories

I have lost 10-12lbs in the past 90 days...done with the intent to maintain as much strength as possible. It has felt like a successful cut.

Thing is, I used to have regular bowel movements..almost every time I would take my pre-workout at 11:30am, and would almost be forced to do a #2 before working out. As my calories have reduced, and my bodyweight has reduced, I feel like my bowel movements are completely irregular. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night, a few times not even once per day. I get almost 30g fiber each day. I drink tons of water. Technically speaking, my "diet" hasn't changed from when I had regular BM's, outside of less calories. Early in my cut, things were regular. I am 160lbs right now, ever since around 164-165lbs I have felt they have been irregular. I have been on 1800 calories since the beginning of September and my weight has been very steady in the 158-161 range every morning.

I have a vacation coming up in less then 1 week. I feel like I am almost holding a lot of the food I have been eating in and not getting the regular BM's I should. So I have considered doing something of a natural cleanse or just to clear my bowels. Any specific recommendations? I have tried http://traditionalmedicinals.com/products/smooth-move/ but doesn't clean me out like I hoped for.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your body might be somewhat intolerant of some dairy or vegetables you are eating.

You might consider taking Beano with the veggies and something like lactaid with dairy for a few days and see if that helps.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am considering trying 1 round of the salt water cleanse, basically 32oz water with 2 tsp of Himalayan sea salt.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there is less waste, what do you expect?
    Anything with the word "cleanse" is a joke. Eat 2000 calories more a day and you will have a lot more waste.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    there is less waste, what do you expect?
    Anything with the word "cleanse" is a joke. Eat 2000 calories more a day and you will have a lot more waste.
    well, I have had days in between of 2600 calories (cheat/refeed days) and a few in the 2000-2200 range, and saw no differences in my BM's. I am referring to something I can do in the short term so I can feel cleaned out since I have 4 days left before I leave. This isn't a habit, it's a 1-2x deal I want to do.

Frosty288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by majorchamp View Post
    I am considering trying 1 round of the salt water cleanse, basically 32oz water with 2 tsp of Himalayan sea salt.
    As opposed to regular salt. I would stay far away from any sort of cleanse.

FWIW, if you are sure you are getting your 30g of fiber per day, are you also taking any sort of multi in the morning? I have found that since my meal timings and multi intake are consistent, I pretty much have it at the same time either every day or every other day. Sometimes binging a bit over the weekend will delay/advance or change the number of movements.

But as long as you are going every other day at least, should be no big deal on a cut.

Also if you really want to get some movement going on, go for a 30 minute run.
    July 2012 - 280lbs

Swim/Bike/Run enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frosty288 View Post
    As opposed to regular salt. I would stay far away from any sort of cleanse.

FWIW, if you are sure you are getting your 30g of fiber per day, are you also taking any sort of multi in the morning? I have found that since my meal timings and multi intake are consistent, I pretty much have it at the same time either every day or every other day. Sometimes binging a bit over the weekend will delay/advance or change the number of movements.

But as long as you are going every other day at least, should be no big deal on a cut.

Also if you really want to get some movement going on, go for a 30 minute run.
    iodized salt apparently is very bad for this kind of thing. The higher quality sea salt is supposed to react better with the GI tract and intestines.

I do intermittent fasting, and have for 2+ years. So I don't eat anything in the morning until after my workout at 1pm. I take a multi everyday, I take fish oil, and get 20-30g fiber each day. I even take pysillium husk occasionally. Outside of actual calories being reduced, not much has changed. Routine has always stayed the same. Eating times have stayed the same. Workout times have stayed the same. I just feel 'full' quite often more and I eat a large amount of food, even for 1800 calories.

But am going on vacation in a few days, so considering an option to help clean out any built up waste I might have.

BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm being very serious when I say this. You might have a minor blockage. Maybe some food you didn't digest very well that wants to come out but can't. Try a few enemas over the course of a couple days. Don't keep doing that. Long term it's not healthy but short term it is not going to have any negative impact on your health. Just try it then wait and see if you get backed up again. If you get constipated again something is wrong with your diet. You might be eating the 'right' things but not the things that your particular body responds well to.
    "People often hate the truth until it becomes so overwhelmingly obvious they have no choice but to embrace it."

Originally Posted by BurtsDog View Post
    I'm being very serious when I say this. You might have a minor blockage. Maybe some food you didn't digest very well that wants to come out but can't. Try a few enemas over the course of a couple days. Don't keep doing that. Long term it's not healthy but short term it is not going to have any negative impact on your health. Just try it then wait and see if you get backed up again. If you get constipated again something is wrong with your diet. You might be eating the 'right' things but not the things that your particular body responds well to.
    That is what I am after...this is a 1-2x deal, tops. I am not looking to make this a part of some stupid fad or diet. Just to clean out any potential obstructions.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well, I have had days in between of 2600 calories (cheat/refeed days) and a few in the 2000-2200 range, and saw no differences in my BM's. I am referring to something I can do in the short term so I can feel cleaned out since I have 4 days left before I leave. This isn't a habit, it's a 1-2x deal I want to do.
    everything is fine, you dont have to go every day. 2600 calories isnt really anything, especially if you have been in a deficit, its going to glycogen.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    everything is fine, you dont have to go every day. 2600 calories isnt really anything, especially if you have been in a deficit, its going to glycogen.
    Well it's funny, I have those types of days..and next morning I am lighter and look leaner...then I have m 1800 day, and I am up 3 lbs the next morning.

Sense none.

fwiw, have been on an EC stack for a few weeks. Does ephedrine affect the ability to have regular BM's?

BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BurtsDog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That is what I am after...this is a 1-2x deal, tops. I am not looking to make this a part of some stupid fad or diet. Just to clean out any potential obstructions.
    I've seen situations where people can still go #2 so technically there 'seems' like nothing is hung up but in reality what's happening is that some digested food is simply squeezing its way around a blockage. If you are going the enema route tap your stomach (left side) and even use a small vibrator on your stomach. Also, twist around a little and/or jiggle a little while you are in one of the 2 positions described on the box. Try both positions. But as well as the tapping/jiggling/vibrator tricks, also allow yourself to remain perfectly calm and still for periods.
    "People often hate the truth until it becomes so overwhelmingly obvious they have no choice but to embrace it."

fwiw, have been on an EC stack for a few weeks. Does ephedrine affect the ability to have regular BM's?
    Sorry, I haven't taken any supplements in a really long time (years) so I can't say.

Also, it's best to do a few enemas over the course of 1-2 days rather than just one session. Sometimes your first session will be a disappointment but your second or third session will be substantial.