davisgirl4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

54F hoping to make my very own transformation story

Hi everyone, I think I made an account a while back but this is my first real post. I am starting my weight loss journey and resistance training will be an important part of it so I've decided to use this as my accountability/progress thread.

A little about me: I am post-menopausal on HRT, SW240 CW233 GW140(?). I take a lot of meds that can cause weight gain. But honestly, my biggest problem has been overeating for no reason and not exercising enough. I'm in terrible shape. Both my A1C and triglycerides are heading into danger territory and I need to turn it around now. So here I am. To help me on my way, I started sublingual semaglutide last week and it's really working already with no desire to overeat. I was instructed to consume <1200 calories, 100g protein, 100oz water, lots of fruits and veggies, very limited sweets/fried foods. I have been able to do all of this for the past week or so except I'm running my calories between 1300-1600 and the weight is coming off so I'm leaving it at that for now. I'm pretty concerned about muscle loss, so weight training is going to be important for me. I finally set foot in the gym for the first time since COVID and I'm including the training routine I did. There is no rhyme or reason to my routine other than that I hit every machine.

I'm attaching a few files showing where I'm at now to compare for later. Hopefully eventually I'll be confident enough to upload a real pic but for now this is it. Thanks for reading this far and I hope I can reward your effort with a stunning after photo at some point.
    Attached Images

Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100) Shylie1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by davisgirl4 View Post
    Hi everyone, I think I made an account a while back but this is my first real post. I am starting my weight loss journey and resistance training will be an important part of it so I've decided to use this as my accountability/progress thread.

A little about me: I am post-menopausal on HRT, SW240 CW233 GW140(?). I take a lot of meds that can cause weight gain. But honestly, my biggest problem has been overeating for no reason and not exercising enough. I'm in terrible shape. Both my A1C and triglycerides are heading into danger territory and I need to turn it around now. So here I am. To help me on my way, I started sublingual semaglutide last week and it's really working already with no desire to overeat. I was instructed to consume <1200 calories, 100g protein, 100oz water, lots of fruits and veggies, very limited sweets/fried foods. I have been able to do all of this for the past week or so except I'm running my calories between 1300-1600 and the weight is coming off so I'm leaving it at that for now. I'm pretty concerned about muscle loss, so weight training is going to be important for me. I finally set foot in the gym for the first time since COVID and I'm including the training routine I did. There is no rhyme or reason to my routine other than that I hit every machine.

I'm attaching a few files showing where I'm at now to compare for later. Hopefully eventually I'll be confident enough to upload a real pic but for now this is it. Thanks for reading this far and I hope I can reward your effort with a stunning after photo at some point.
    Welcome aboard! Your commitment to your health journey is inspiring. It's fantastic to see you taking proactive steps and finding a supportive community here. Your openness about your challenges and goals is commendable. Remember, progress is progress, no matter how small. It's great that you've found a medication that's helping with overeating and that you're already making positive changes in your diet and exercise routine. Building muscle through resistance training is an excellent choice to support your weight loss journey and overall health. Keep up the fantastic work, and we're all here cheering you on every step of the way!

harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100) harishsain is not very well liked. (-100)
    I hope I can give you the nudge you need to pursue what makes you happy because you deserve it too! Your journey is only yours to take ...