Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, kind of been stuck lately on weight gain but am over 18 lbs from July which is good. I have an 80 day window of putting on more size until prep again. Will need to add another meal. The one meal I added today was Labrada Lean Body. Liquid easier to get down when you are tired of eating solid food:

Originally Posted by ChuckLabrada View Post
    I see some size creeping up there around the shoulders. Hard work does pay off..... go figure hahaha.
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    By the way, Labrada is giving away Lean Pro 8 sachets. It is a great tasting protein so if you are interested go ahead and click on this link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=165537551 and follow the directions.

12/15/14

Food prep was done yesterday so good to have all my food done for the week. The one thing that I have had a difficult time with lately is just getting my food down. The good thing is I have 3 liquid meals a day (mostly around workouts) but I am having a tough time getting the food down. I am around 3,900 calories. I really like to have vegetables with my meals because of health reasons and getting the fiber. I am seriously considering dropping some vegetables out of my meals and adding more coconut oil for my fats. One of the reasons is I have been in the 3,700 calorie range since the end of July. This is a long time on a surplus of calories. In order for me to gain 5 more lbs I am going to have to increase to the 4,000 range.

Taking 7 months off has help me make some good improvements but it is a grind. When your next contest is in July, you have to make short term goals because 7 months before your compete again can get you to get disillusioned. You have to stay motivated and really concentrate on your WHY (why you do what you do and make your WHY BIG). I am getting to start out the week for the next few weeks with legs. My leg workout was a killer today because I am really focusing on constant tension in the muscle as well as really squeezing the muscle. I did have a minor setback today where tweaked my hamstring (in my butt). I did it on glute ham raises. I usually don't do glute ham raises but have been doing them the past 2 weeks.

This is my workout today:

Here was I use for my preworkout. Labrada SuperCharge. I really like this preworkout. I have been using it for over year. Really like this one because it has everything in it. I like Labrada PE1 also but the SuperCharge is a bit more intense for me.

Lying leg curl 8+8+8 2 sets 8 toes in, 8 toes out, 8 toes neutral
    Barbell front squat (full range) 6 – 8 4 sets
    Glute ham raise 8 – 10 3 sets
    Leg press feet low 10 – 12 4 sets
    Romanian deadlift 15 – 20 3 sets
    Leg extension 20 – 25 2 sets
    Standing calf raise 10 ‐ 12 6 sets

DIET
    Before workout
    2 Labrada HICA MAX Tablets
    1 quart of water
    2 scoops of Labrada Super Charge
    1 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    2 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb
    5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
    1 Cup Pasteurized Egg Whites
    1 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    ¾ cup of Oatmeal
    28 g of Peanut Butter

Meal 2

6 oz Chicken
    1 cup of Basmati Rice
    1 cup of green beans
    40 g of almonds

Meal 3

6oz Ground turkey in taco seasoning
    1 cup of Basmati Rice
    1 cup of green brocolli
    40 g of peanut butter

Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    1 cup of Basmati Rice
    1 cup of green beans
    40 g of peanut butter

Meal 5
    5 oz chicken breast
    2 cups of mixed vegetables
    6 oz of sweet potatoes
    5 tsp of coconut oil

Meal 6
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1 scoops of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 3,716
    Carbs: 330 g
    Protein: 322 g
    Fats: 120 g

TIP OF THE DAY:

Make sure you are properly warmed up before your start your working sets. Anything to break a sweat. I always wear a jacket and usually pants into the gym (even in the summer). I shed this off once I start sweating a lot. This has kept me relatively injury free through this journey.

I did not update my journal the past 2 days because I have been very busy on some deadlines at work. I still got my workouts in on Tuesday and Thursday (today).

Tuesday's Workout

Flat bench press 6 – 8 4 sets
    Pec dec (peak contraction for 2 seconds) 10 – 12 3 sets
    45 degree barbell bench press (no lock out) 8 – 10 3 sets
    30 degree incline dumbbell press 10 ‐12 3 sets
    Dumbbell flat flyes (palms facing) 15 – 20 3 sets
    Rear delt cable flyes (2 sec hold at peak contraction)20 – 25 2 sets
    Seated dumbbell shoulder press (thumbs facing) 10 – 12 4 sets
    Tri Set (3 sets)
    Plate front raise (just above eye height)
    Wide grip upright row (flair elbows)
    Standing dumbbell lateral raise (light)

This was the 2nd week in a row I did this workout and really didn't worry too much about the weight but focused heavily on the contraction of the chest and making sure I had time under tension. My chest is one of my weakest body parts that needs to improve and I am improving it. My shoulder has been hurting a bit lately and will get back on the proteolytic enzymes soon. I posted a thread a few years ago about the benefits of proteolytic enzymes on my impinged shoulder. The thread is here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...olytic+enzymes Read through it all if you are interested.

I took a rest day on Wednesday that really helped me come charged to the gym today.

Thursday's Workout

Seated close grip cable row 12 – 15 3 sets
    Bent over bench heavy dumbbell row 6 – 8 4 sets
    Bent over wide grip barbell row 10 – 12 4 sets
    Barbell heavy shrug 8 – 10 4 sets
    Cable face pull 15 – 20 3 sets
    Hanging leg raise 10 – 12 2 sets
    Loaded ab crunch on swiss ball (get a full
    stretch over the back of the ball)
    10 ‐ 12 2 sets with dumbbell on chest

This was a good workout and again really focused on the contraction of the back and time under tension.

I posted this "throwback Thursday" picture from when I won my IFBB pro card in Pittsburgh in July at the NPC Masters National Championships.

I have to go back to this every once in a while because it takes me back to show me what I have accomplished and what more I want to improve. I go back to this pic because it has already been a very long off season with about 7 more months until I compete again. Why take so long off between competitions. First of all, to take a breather and 2nd of all to make improvements that can only be made with consistent workouts, diet and recovery. You can't build muscle overnight unless you are "enhanced" but doing it the right way has benefits beyond competing. Health is why I got into competing and want to continue to carry that banner to others who are looking for the same.

TIP OF THE WEEK:

If you are looking to compete in a bodybuilding or physique competition make sure you really understand WHY you are doing it. A lot of people tell me they want to compete and I ask them WHY. A lot of times they think it is because it looks "cool" to do or they want to look like the person they see. This is NOT a good enough reason. You have to really understand WHY you want to compete because it truly is a 24/7 life of eating the right things and workout. It also takes years of putting on muscle (remember before I got out of shape I had 12+ years of pretty hard core lifting). Make sure you are competing for all the right reasons before you commit to doing it.

Harleyridin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Chad,

Thanks for posting your diets and workouts. With so many plans out there, it's tough for people like me who are first starting out on this journey to get good solid information. Your diet has significantly helped to get my transformation going on the right path. I'm also a busy person and mornings are the best time for my workout. Cooking egg whites and oatmeal first thing in the morning, then waiting for it to digest was taking too much time. Slamming down a protein shake with Labrada PowerCarb first thing in the morning lets me get my workout done by 7am rather than 8am. After workout, it's a scoop of ISO with another PowerCarb, the next 4 meals are lean proteins with brown rice, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, sweet potato and last meal is casein before bed. I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week as long as I don't mess it up on the weekends and actually gaining significant muscle. Since first week of November I've lost about 8 lbs, 2 inches in the waist and gained 1 inch in my arms. I wanted to wait until after the holidays to start my transformation. I've spent the last 2 months mostly on acquiring the best information plus trial and error. The hardest part is consistency but when you build a solid plan on diet and workout, the results come quick and it keeps you motivated to stay consistent. Thanks for all you do, it is very much appreciated.

Wow that is awesome! Congratulations and I know you want to keep going. You can do it with consistency and making sure your diet is in check (knowing what you are taking in). Keep me updated on your progress and any questions you have let me know.

Chad
    Originally Posted by Harleyridin View Post
    Hey Chad,

Thanks for posting your diets and workouts. With so many plans out there, it's tough for people like me who are first starting out on this journey to get good solid information. Your diet has significantly helped to get my transformation going on the right path. I'm also a busy person and mornings are the best time for my workout. Cooking egg whites and oatmeal first thing in the morning, then waiting for it to digest was taking too much time. Slamming down a protein shake with Labrada PowerCarb first thing in the morning lets me get my workout done by 7am rather than 8am. After workout, it's a scoop of ISO with another PowerCarb, the next 4 meals are lean proteins with brown rice, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, sweet potato and last meal is casein before bed. I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week as long as I don't mess it up on the weekends and actually gaining significant muscle. Since first week of November I've lost about 8 lbs, 2 inches in the waist and gained 1 inch in my arms. I wanted to wait until after the holidays to start my transformation. I've spent the last 2 months mostly on acquiring the best information plus trial and error. The hardest part is consistency but when you build a solid plan on diet and workout, the results come quick and it keeps you motivated to stay consistent. Thanks for all you do, it is very much appreciated.

Here is an update from Friday and Saturday. I went all the way down to 208 this week. Just wasn't hungry and was not hitting my calories of about 3,700. I did some "big" eating yesterday. I ate pancakes at 16 oz of steak, lots of rice and some cheesecake that I got from some of my suppliers. I was back up to 211 this morning. My metabolism is really kicking right now and will be adding calories next week. My pumps have been good but not great. I don't think my sodium has been high enough lately. I try to get 5-6 g of sodium but have not come close to that lately. Will experiment and see if it will help with pumps.

Here were my workouts on Friday and Saturday:

Workout on Friday:
    Incline dumbbell chest press 10 ‐12 4 sets
    Decline dumbbell chest press 8 – 10 3 sets
    Flat bench cable flyes (palms facing) 12 – 15 3 sets
    Stretch press ups (use a box either side of you) 2 sets As many reps as possible
    Machine shoulder press (pump) 10 – 12 4 sets
    Side lying bench lateral raise 12 – 15 3 sets
    Bent over barbell row to neck (wide grip) 10-12 3 sets
    Band pull a parts 25 3 sets

Workout on Saturday:

Spider curls 8 – 10 3 sets
    Concentration curls 10 – 12 3 sets
    Standing cable curls with straight bar 10-12 3 sets superset
    Rope hammer curls 15-20 3 sets
    Single arm rope press downs 12 – 15 3 sets
    Ez bar over head press 8 – 10 3 sets
    Straight bar reverse press downs 10-12 3 sets superset
    Rope press downs (flair elbows) 15-20 3 sets
    Standing calf raise (one set to get 100 reps out) 100 as few sets as possible
    Seated calf raise 25 x 4 sets

Rest day today and will be doing coaching my "transformation coaching" groups. By the way I will be starting 2 new "transformation coaching" groups on January 4th from the convenience of your home via conference call and Skype. If you are interested in the 12 week program email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

By the way, vote for one of my clients @ISUKev07 for the Shred vs Bulk. He is in the running for the People Choice award: http://www.tinyurl.com/q2r37 This was a 6 week bulk we put him on and he was very disciplined with the program I put him on and did well. I will be preparing him for the $200K Challenge coming up in January.

If you have any questions this week, feel free to ask them and I will answer them here. I am off of work so will have time to answer them.

WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    If you have any questions this week, feel free to ask them and I will answer them here. I am off of work so will have time to answer them.
    Thanks so much Chad. This log is great and I've been following you for sometime. You're very positive and come off so genuine. Also thanks for the hook-ups with Labrada supplements what I've tried I've really liked. I'd love to join your transformation group when it makes sense financially. Ok enough gushing lol, here's my question:

Why don't you use beans in your diet plan? Is there a reason from a BB perspective or is it a personal preference? I am talking about mature beans, not the green beans you often show in your prep.
    Thanks!

Thanks a lot. It means a lot. Labrada makes some great products. That is a great question on beans. It is more out of preference than anything else but you have me thinking. I am very tired of my food intake lately because of all the calories I have had to do. I used to make great chili about 2 years ago for food prep. It was actually a Jamie Eason recipe. I am going to make that one this week to hit my Macro goals. I will post the pic and recipe next week.

Beans are a good source of fiber and protein. I just haven't seen many guys use it during their contest prep. I am not sure why. Thanks for the idea!
    Originally Posted by WeybridgeVT View Post
    Thanks so much Chad. This log is great and I've been following you for sometime. You're very positive and come off so genuine. Also thanks for the hook-ups with Labrada supplements what I've tried I've really liked. I'd love to join your transformation group when it makes sense financially. Ok enough gushing lol, here's my question:

Why don't you use beans in your diet plan? Is there a reason from a BB perspective or is it a personal preference? I am talking about mature beans, not the green beans you often show in your prep.
    Thanks!

WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeybridgeVT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great looking forward to seeing that. Though I do not have your experience with this, in my self-experimentation I have found that beans are great for me especially if I'm carb cycling and carb up. I won't spill over like I've done eating pancakes, chips etc. I plan on utilizing them in that way during the upcoming Transformation Challenge.

There is a recipe I love that uses textured vegetarian protein (soy). I'm not vegetarian but it's delicious and it makes sense to me so switch up proteins (as well as other foods) just for variety. On that topic do you have feeling on soy? We all know there are phytoestrogens (from plants) but from what I've read they bind weakly to receptors and therefore can be beneficial as they prevent stronger xenoestrogens (man-made) from binding. I know soy absorbs slowly so it's not for peri-workout but just a means to hit macros. I also used to live in an area where meat protein was difficult to find and I would eat sprouted beans often.

Edit:Just saw a Stoppani article on here and he is all for adding soy. Not as a stand-alone but with whey/casein in particular.

recipe: "The best vegetarian chili in the world" from AllRecipes. I don't know if I can post links in this forum but if you Google that it will be the first result. Obviously you can put in whatever vegetable you prefer or have around.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by WeybridgeVT; 12-22-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Additional information

I like soy protein. In fact, I like a lot of the protein blends that are out now with soy in them. The soy study on the phytoestrogens has been debunked. I don't think there is anything wrong with soy protein.

I will check out the veg chili recipe. Thanks.
    Originally Posted by WeybridgeVT View Post
    Great looking forward to seeing that. Though I do not have your experience with this, in my self-experimentation I have found that beans are great for me especially if I'm carb cycling and carb up. I won't spill over like I've done eating pancakes, chips etc. I plan on utilizing them in that way during the upcoming Transformation Challenge.

There is a recipe I love that uses textured vegetarian protein (soy). I'm not vegetarian but it's delicious and it makes sense to me so switch up proteins (as well as other foods) just for variety. On that topic do you have feeling on soy? We all know there are phytoestrogens (from plants) but from what I've read they bind weakly to receptors and therefore can be beneficial as they prevent stronger xenoestrogens (man-made) from binding. I know soy absorbs slowly so it's not for peri-workout but just a means to hit macros. I also used to live in an area where meat protein was difficult to find and I would eat sprouted beans often.

Edit:Just saw a Stoppani article on here and he is all for adding soy. Not as a stand-alone but with whey/casein in particular.

recipe: "The best vegetarian chili in the world" from AllRecipes. I don't know if I can post links in this forum but if you Google that it will be the first result. Obviously you can put in whatever vegetable you prefer or have around.

Thanks for your input!

I slept 7 hours last night and really needed it. I did legs this morning and it was a KILLER. I can still hardly walk very well. The one thing that I have concentrated on the past 3 weeks is the eccentric or "negative" part of the lift. Most of the lifts today were in the 3-4 second range. When you are doing this, you have to lessen the weight but I made sure I had constant time under tension in the exercise and really concentrated on contracting the muscle. This is a key in building muscle.

Today I decided to give myself 16 weeks for prep this time around. I would rather be ready early than to be late. I will be doing some new protocols during peak week and in order to do those, I will need to be ready 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule. I will start prepping around February 27th (66 days). I have some time to continue to improve.

I have upped my sodium level this week because I have really lacked "pumps" the past week. It could be not enough sleep but I truly believe it is because I have not had enough sodium along with getting at least 1 - 1.5 gallons of water a day. Will let you know how it goes.

Here was my workout today:

I will be doing a 12 week transformation coaching program via conference call and Skype starting January 4th. If you are interested in more information email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

Also if you are looking for a 12 week program for the coming year without personal coaching guidance, Lee Labrada has a great 12 week program (Lee Labrada 12 Week DailyTrainer) you can follow here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-...y-trainer.html It is one of the most popular programs on Bodybuilding.com

I was supposed to take off today but got my workout in because it is Christmas tomorrow and I will taking off. It is Wednesday and my legs are still sore from Monday. Killer leg workout. I am at 212 right now so at a good weight that I am pleased with. I have been cramming some more calories in during the day. I have also upped my sodium intake a bit that has helped my pumps in the gym. I have shoulder that is acting up a bit right now so will be hitting the proteolytic enzymes as well as hitting some "trigger point" therapy. I don't want it to get out of hand.

Here were my workouts the past 2 days. I workout early and decided to do some protein and carb drink before my workout. I think it made me a bit sluggish into my workout. I am going to experiment again next week.

Tuesday Workout

Tri Set (3 sets)

Wednesday Workout

Seated close grip cable row 12 – 15 3 sets
    Bent over bench heavy dumbbell row 6 – 8 4 sets
    Bent over wide grip barbell row 10 – 12 4 sets
    Barbell heavy shrug 8 – 10 4 sets
    Cable face pull 15 – 20 3 sets
    Hanging leg raise 10 – 12 2 sets
    Loaded ab crunch on swiss ball (get a full
    stretch over the back of the ball)
    10 ‐ 12 2 sets with dumbbell on chest

After my chest and shoulder workout yesterday (yeah a little bit too much of a close up):

I have been inquiring on getting a coach for 2015. I have been asking a lot of questions from a list of coaches I had. I really want a coach to help get a little more conditioned as well as help peak me better. I also need a coach who understands a "natural." I have narrowed down a few and will decide at the end of the month if I decide to do it.

After the Christmas break, I will be doing some "transformation coaching" starting January 4th. I have decided to have 2 groups. The first group is for those who are new to understanding the key impact that diet makes in their transformation and forming new habits around that. The 2nd group is more intense and I will be giving you macros and calories every week expecting you to follow them to get you to great results at the end of your 12 weeks. If you are interested please email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

TIP OF THE DAY:

If you haven't focused on your diet then you truly are "spinning your wheels" in the gym. If you want to truly transform your body you have to understand what you are taking in. You have to have a plan on where you want to go. You can't just put a hard workout in and then pretty much eat whatever you want. YOU WILL HARDLY MAKE ANY PROGRESS IF THAT IS WHAT YOU DO. The true secret is to prepare your food before the week and set yourself up for success.

By the way, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and understands what the "true reason for the SEASON is." He died for you and me so we could have a relationship with our Heavenly Father and LIVE FOREVER IN HEAVEN.

Rest day today because it is CHRISTmas! Hope everyone enjoys their families and loved ones this day, gets away from the gym and their eating plans and enjoys life! I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas today from all of the Jacksons...(yes, those are all of my kids with my wife)! We are all blessed!

Testing....can't post

Well, I have been off my eating plan and I was having trouble gaining weight no there is no problem. 3 lbs in 4 days. It will even back out after BIG food day yesterday. I also think me getting 7 hours of sleep (which is unheard of for me) is helping me grow. I do think it is worth noting. My left shoulder has flared up a bit so will get some “trigger point” massage done on it today. Here was my workout today. I am hitting chest and shoulders 2 x per week right now. My last week for this split will be next week.
    A few things that I have talked about in the past is intraworkout nutrition. I take in Labrada Super Carb and Labrada BCAA Power during my workouts. I have also been taking in 1.5 g of sodium before my workouts. My sodium has not been high enough and need to get more in. My pumps the past week have been amazing. I am in a surplus but the extra carbs and sodium during the workout have helped. You have to make sure you have at least a 500 ml of water with the mixture. I even prefer more.

Workout on Friday:
    Incline dumbbell chest press 10 ‐12 4 sets
    Decline dumbbell chest press 8 – 10 3 sets
    Flat bench cable flyes (palms facing) 12 – 15 3 sets
    Stretch press ups (use a box either side of you) 2 sets As many reps as possible
    Machine shoulder press (pump) 10 – 12 4 sets
    Side lying bench lateral raise 12 – 15 3 sets
    Bent over barbell row to neck (wide grip) 10-12 3 sets
    Band pull a parts 25 3 sets
    TIP OF THE DAY:

Make sure you listen to your body and take the time to recuperate if you need it. If you continue to beat your body up while you have nagging injuries, they will never go away. Set aside a deload or rest week every 6-8 weeks. It will do a body good!

Playing catchup a bit. Will post my Saturday and Monday workouts today. It was a good weekend and kind of blur. Got in an early workout on Saturday and cooked all my food for 4 days. Got a really good workout in on Saturday. Really focused on the eccentric part of the lift and squeezing the muscle. When I workout early I make sure I get at least 2 liters of water in before I lift. I also try to take in 2 grams of sodium. Been getting better pumps by doing this and sweating more in the morning. It is very difficult for me to get a sweat going in the morning if I don't.

Workout on Saturday:

Spider curls 8 – 10 3 sets
    Concentration curls 10 – 12 3 sets
    Standing cable curls with straight bar 10-12 3 sets superset
    Rope hammer curls 15-20 3 sets
    Single arm rope press downs 12 – 15 3 sets
    Ez bar over head press 8 – 10 3 sets
    Straight bar reverse press downs 10-12 3 sets superset
    Rope press downs (flair elbows) 15-20 3 sets
    Standing calf raise (one set to get 100 reps out) 100 as few sets as possible
    Seated calf raise 25 x 4 sets

Yes, this was after my arm workout.

I went to the gym on Sunday and did some abs as well as a stretch. Back has been feeling very tight lately and will go to the chiropractor on Tuesday. Diet was okay but a little looser this weekend. I am at the 215 range and probably won't get too much bigger than this. We will see.

Here was my workout early this morning (Monday):

If you can believe this, legs were still sore from last Monday. I had to do some foam rolling before my leg workout but got it done. I haven't shared much on rep count but I am lowering the weight in the 4 second range and that is why I think my legs are so sore. Really focusing on the time under tension.

TIP OF THE DAY:

Make sure you are plenty hydrated before you workout. I truly believe I have avoided injuries from just being very hydrated. I also make sure I am wearing a jacket or a sweatshirt at the beginning of my workout to get a sweat going. Once I get a good sweat I take it off. I will share more about my diet next week.

Winner2B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chad,
    Thanks for all the great info! I'm still puzzled about one thing. I read your workouts and tied it off with you calorie intake. But, how much weight are you lifting in your sessions?
    I ask because I'm struggling to eat 2500 calories per day and have been lifting consistently for the last 9 months and the scales still read very close to the same for weight, body fat % and muscle %.
    I can see a huge change in the mirror and I feel great when I hit the 2500 cals/day but the metrics don't seem to be changing.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan Phillips Winner2B

You can't tie off my workouts with my calorie intake. Your "set point" or maintenance calories changes over time. My metabolism used to not be this fast when I was out of shape. Now I cannot eat enough food to keep weight on. Remember the scale doesn't tell the complete story at all. The scale, waistline or body fat % and the mirror tell the whole story. If you are seeing changes in the mirror for the good then you should be satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Winner2B View Post
    Chad,
    Thanks for all the great info! I'm still puzzled about one thing. I read your workouts and tied it off with you calorie intake. But, how much weight are you lifting in your sessions?
    I ask because I'm struggling to eat 2500 calories per day and have been lifting consistently for the last 9 months and the scales still read very close to the same for weight, body fat % and muscle %.
    I can see a huge change in the mirror and I feel great when I hit the 2500 cals/day but the metrics don't seem to be changing.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks,
    Dan

Rest day for me today and I need it. Body is pretty beat up. I went to the chiroprator yesterday and feel a lot better. Back and hips were really out of whack. Will be going in monthly for now on for maintenance. Need to figure out how I can get some massage in also. I am down to 213 today. I didn't hit my eating plan yesterday even though I got a big 1/2 lb burger yesterday so I could fill up a bit.

Really good chest workout yesterday. the 3-4 second eccentric lift has really helped me. The set takes a lot longer and it really takes it out of you but getting some good gains by doing it. This workout took a long time yesterday. I had a to rest a lot in between sets. I have a feeling it had a lot to do with only getting 5 hours of sleep. Thank goodness for Labrada Super Charge.

Here is what my workout looked like yesterday:
    Tuesday Workout

Tri Set (3 sets with exercises below)

I have a few openings for my 12 Week Transformation program but only a few. This program is done via conference call or Skype and I customize your marcros and calories based on your goals. I make adjustments every week. I also give a very intense workout program that will get you where you want to go. If you are interested in more information, please email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

Also wanted to leave you with this in the last day of 2014. I put together a compilation of pictures since 2012 on my own transformation. Yes, I won the 12 Week Bodybuilding.com Transformation Challenge back in 2012 but it didn't stop at 12 weeks. This was just the kickstart of something bigger for me. I had done 12 week programs in the past and then lost my motivation after the contest ended. If you are entering the Bodybuilding.com Transformation Challenge focus on the 12 weeks and see how far you can go but don't make it a destination where you stop after the contest is over with. The odds of you winning this contest are very tough with all the people entering it but the transformation of your health is "priceless." Make sure you truly understand your WHY before you start the contest. It will help you get through the tough days.

As I compete in the IFBB next year it will be about becoming better every contest. I also want to help as many people as possible with their own transformations. If you are interested in getting coached to make your own transformation I start a new coaching group on January 4th. Email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com to get more information.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. I continued to stay on my workout plan through the holidays. I was pretty good on my eating plan (90%) there but very tired of hitting about 4,000 calories a day. Actually I am starting to feel fuller after meals and don't feel like I am digesting as well. I might go ahead and start doing some enzymes to make digestion is intact. I do take acidophilis which helps on a lot of fronts but I think taking some digestive enzymes might help more.

Did not feel like working out today but did it anyway and got a good chest workout. Here was what the workout looked like:

Flat Cable flyes (pronated grip) 3 x 12-15
    Incline DB chest press 4 x 8-10
    Banded flat barbell bench press 3 x 10-12
    Standing cable flyes 3 x 12-15 supersetted with Chest dip stretch (20 seconds)
    Push ups (box on both sides) 2 sets as many as possible
    Seated Barbell shoulder press Hammer 4 x 8-10
    Tri set
    Cable lateral raise 3 x 10-12
    Bench front facing lateral raise 3 x 12-15
    Light dumbell later raise standing 3 x 25

It was a good workout even though had a lot on my mind today during the workout. You have to get in even when you don't want to go. I think it has not helped that I have had 5 hours of sleep the past 2 nights. This one saved me today:

Not good to be reliant on preworkouts but after 2 very low sleep nights I needed it.

I haven't posted a devotional in a while but this one really got me through the day today.

armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) armcclure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sub'd. You've made some amazing progress bud!

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Happy to hear the SuperCharge is helping you get through the tough ones.

I have to agree with you fully on the negative side affects of becoming to reliant on Pre-workouts.

Personally I try and take pre-workout 3-4 times a week. On other days if I need a boost I lean towards Arginine and Beta alanine instead of heavy stimulated supplements.

It's all about keeping the balance!
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

Thanks brother!
    Originally Posted by armcclure View Post
    Sub'd. You've made some amazing progress bud!
    Yes, I have been relying on them too much lately because of lack of sleep. Will catch up on some "ZZZZs" tonight
    Originally Posted by CoachChuckD View Post
    Happy to hear the SuperCharge is helping you get through the tough ones.

I have to agree with you fully on the negative side affects of becoming to reliant on Pre-workouts.

Personally I try and take pre-workout 3-4 times a week. On other days if I need a boost I lean towards Arginine and Beta alanine instead of heavy stimulated supplements.

It's all about keeping the balance!

Catching up on the workouts. I am about 213 right now. Lost a couple of pounds just from skipping a few meals which I rarely do. I have had a some really great pumps so far this week. I boosted my pre and intra carbs more with more Labrada Power Carb. Have had some great pumps and muscles are very hard after working out. I definitely think I am starting to see a lot of hard work payoff in the off season. Here we go! Still debating on hiring a coach or not. I will probably make a decision by the end of the week.

Here was my workout for Monday and Tuesday:

Flat cable flyes pronated grip 3 x 12-15
    Incline dumbell chest press 4 x 8-10
    Banded flat barbell bench press 3 x 10-12
    Superset
    Standing cable flyes 3 x 12-15
    Stretcher press up with boxes on each side 2 sets as many as possible
    Seated barbell shoulder press 4 x 10-12
    Triple set
    leaning cable lateral raise 3x10-12
    Bench front facing later raise 3 x 12-15
    Light DB lateral raise standing 3 x 25

Tuesday
    Back
    Semi supinated lat pull down (palms facing) 3 x 12-15
    Meadow rows 4 x 8-10
    Rack pull from knees 4 x 10-12
    Seated cable row with rope attachment 4 x 12-15
    Dumbell pullover 3 x 12-15

Tips:

If you only have 20-45 minutes to get a workout in, don't skip it. Get it in. Just don't rest between sets and you will get one of the best pumps you have ever gotten.

This was me after doing a short arm workout this morning:

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Muscles are full brother! Nice work on the consistency towards your foods! MUCH RESPECT!
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TIP OF THE WEEK:

If you are looking to compete in a bodybuilding or physique competition make sure you really understand WHY you are doing it. A lot of people tell me they want to compete and I ask them WHY. A lot of times they think it is because it looks "cool" to do or they want to look like the person they see. This is NOT a good enough reason. You have to really understand WHY you want to compete because it truly is a 24/7 life of eating the right things and workout. It also takes years of putting on muscle (remember before I got out of shape I had 12+ years of pretty hard core lifting). Make sure you are competing for all the right reasons before you commit to doing it.
    Amen brotha! On point
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

I am posting my Thursday and Friday workouts. I am switching them up the next 4 weeks starting this week. I have had some great workouts so far. Diet has been pretty good this week and in at around 3,800 calories a day. I am going to lower my protein a bit and increase my carbs.

I am also contemplating about competing in August instead of June. The reason I am thinking about doing this is it will give me 60 more days to make improvements. I am going form the NPC to the IFBB which is a different league and different competitive environment. Chest, back and arms had to improve quite a bit. I am satisfied with my improvements but being a "natty" improvements come slow and need to make more. I will decide in the next week or so. If that is the case instead of getting ready in February I will start getting ready in April.

Here were my workouts for the Thursday and Friday (I took a rest day on Wednesday):
    superset
    Single arm dumbell preacher curl 4 x 8-10
    Straight bar cable press down 4 x 15-20
    superset
    Crucifix cable curls (deep contraction) 4 x 12-15
    Close grip bench press (explosive) 4 x 8-10
    superset
    Dumbell hammer curls standing 4 x 12-15
    Single arm dumbell triceps extension 4 x 10-12
    Standing calf raise 5 x 8-10
    Leg press calf raise 4 x 20

Friday workout:

Wide grip stretcher lat pull down 3x 12-15
    T Bar row (semi supinated grip) 4 x 8-10
    Seated wide grip row (upper back) 3 x 10-12
    Superset
    Dumbell shrugs 3 x 8 -10
    Prone barbell retractions 3 x 15-20
    Dumbell lateral raise into front raise 4 x 10-12
    Down the rack bent over rear delt flyes 1 set 10-12
    Band pull apart 2 x 25

Got my Labrada Supplements in this week and excited about them. I have been using Labrada Nutrition supplements for over 15 months and they have helped me fill in the gaps I had in my nutrition. Looking forward to using PE1 this month as my pre-workout. I have been a big Super Charge fan for a pre-workout because it has everything in there. Also going to start implementing Lean Pro 8 for my protein. I have been a big ProV60 fan and still am but changing it up bit.

markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great updates, I'll be using PE1 starting on Jan 12th, will be doing a mini - log, looking forward to it. The samples I have tried in the past provided real nice focus and great pumps with the Citrulline Nitrate. Going to try the green apple soon.
    Thanks for the update Chad!
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks and love your shirt! Let me know how the PE1 works for you. You shouldn't get a big crash on this one. Enjoy!
    Originally Posted by markasparks View Post
    Great updates, I'll be using PE1 starting on Jan 12th, will be doing a mini - log, looking forward to it. The samples I have tried in the past provided real nice focus and great pumps with the Citrulline Nitrate. Going to try the green apple soon.
    Thanks for the update Chad!